Author Topic: more lies from from bodybuilders  (Read 13412 times)

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
more lies from from bodybuilders
« on: February 08, 2006, 09:29:10 AM »
Eryk Bui has a feature in Mucular Developement in which Ron Harris claims that Eryk can squat 725 with no belt suit or wraps.Do any bodybuilders actually tell the truth when reporting their numbers.First its Johnny Jackson claiming an 815 gearless squat[but totally geared he did 821]then we have the idiotic claim of 405X20 in the military press for Branch Warren,now the foolish 725 gearless squat claim.You know,Ed Coans best gearless squat is 815@220 and Kirk Ks is 825@242,both have done over 1000 fully geared.Eryk can NOT squat 725 with no gear or he would just pop on some gear go in a meet and break the world record in the squat at 198.Please,enough of these ridiculous claims.Do it in a meet or on tape or dont claim such lifts,it makes everyone actually believe that you can do it.

Drij

• Getbig IV
Re: more lies from from bodybuilders
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 09:34:19 AM »
who cares? what can you lift?

I don't get why everyone expects so much from the pro bodybuilders? They're bber's who became pro, good for them.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 09:53:16 AM »
Then why put it in a freaking magazine?Apparently they want people to believe they are strong,much stronger then what they are.If a powerlifter put in a magazine interview that he had 24 inch arms and a 60 inch chest and a 36 inch waist and you KNOW he doesnt would that be a ok with you.Geeze ,on this board you have guys calling everyone on everything,including guys ripping teens builds,you would think a bunch of lies would piss you guys off,but maybe you guys want to believe your heroes are that strong.At least Ronnie Coleman puts his lifts right on tape.

Loomis

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2006, 10:06:23 AM »
At least Ronnie Coleman puts his lifts right on tape.
Gotta give him that. Coleman walks the walk.

Drij

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2006, 10:25:31 AM »
Then why put it in a freaking magazine?Apparently they want people to believe they are strong,much stronger then what they are.If a powerlifter put in a magazine interview that he had 24 inch arms and a 60 inch chest and a 36 inch waist and you KNOW he doesnt would that be a ok with you.Geeze ,on this board you have guys calling everyone on everything,including guys ripping teens builds,you would think a bunch of lies would piss you guys off,but maybe you guys want to believe your heroes are that strong.At least Ronnie Coleman puts his lifts right on tape.
Makes no difference to me what someone else lifts. I'm in the gym lifting what I'm lifting. Why think about somebody else. So what ever a mag prints about bodybuilders lifts makes no difference either because bodybuilding is a show it's how you look and train your body. If a powerlifter were to lie about his lifts he would make himself out to be fool because in his sport he would be callled out to make those lifts literally. Measurements in PL doesn't matter. MD exaggerates the weights and what the bodybuilders say is just hearsay. So take it as that.

Maxt

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2006, 10:29:19 AM »
Erik Bui can squat a lot of weight, but he doesn't break parallel so don't take that for granted.
Bethesda, Maryland

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2006, 10:39:51 AM »
oh yeah just to clarify Bui is also a lifetime natural  :o
Valhalla awaits.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2006, 11:36:06 AM »
Makes no difference to me what someone else lifts. I'm in the gym lifting what I'm lifting. Why think about somebody else. So what ever a mag prints about bodybuilders lifts makes no difference either because bodybuilding is a show it's how you look and train your body. If a powerlifter were to lie about his lifts he would make himself out to be fool because in his sport he would be callled out to make those lifts literally. Measurements in PL doesn't matter. MD exaggerates the weights and what the bodybuilders say is just hearsay. So take it as that.

Ditto. No one cares about stats in a mag but mental teenagers.   :-\

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2006, 11:39:33 AM »
oh yeah just to clarify Bui is also a lifetime natural  :o

Show me where it says that!

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2006, 11:50:53 AM »
Only mental teenagers care about stats in a magazine?Well,as a powerlifter,I care a lot about the jackass claims in these mags.We struggle to get our lifts in and some goofball just magically claims the same numbers but never has to prove it.He,in fact,is stealing from guys who actually really are strong.If I got on here and said "hey I won the MR.AMERICA back in 88" but couldnt prove it,Id be laughed off the board.However a guy lying about his numbers is fine with you guys.I guess if you dont lift big numbers it probably doesnt bother you,but for those of us who actually are trying to get strong and think numbers are the way to prove how strong you are,its offensive to see a bunch of liars making up stats.

Drij

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2006, 11:58:48 AM »
Only mental teenagers care about stats in a magazine?Well,as a powerlifter,I care a lot about the jackass claims in these mags.We struggle to get our lifts in and some goofball just magically claims the same numbers but never has to prove it.He,in fact,is stealing from guys who actually really are strong.If I got on here and said "hey I won the MR.AMERICA back in 88" but couldnt prove it,Id be laughed off the board.However a guy lying about his numbers is fine with you guys.I guess if you dont lift big numbers it probably doesnt bother you,but for those of us who actually are trying to get strong and think numbers are the way to prove how strong you are,its offensive to see a bunch of liars making up stats.
Why you so worried about other people then?? Stealing, bullshit LMAO. Get your name in the books then why are you complaining. What a joke.

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2006, 12:07:35 PM »
Bui started in powerlifiting and was a freak of nature.  He also said he did those weights in the off season which would put him closer to 220.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2006, 12:48:26 PM »

If you were a real power lifter you wouldn’t be reading much less care about what some bodybuilder claims in bodybuilder magazine.  Those claims are just that--unsubstantiated claims.  The are not proven nor will they ever be tested in an official venue.  So why do you care?    The only claims worthy of your attention are those made in official qualifying events or in other official competitions.

If you have nothing better to do than worry about “the jackass claims in these mags” then, I regret to say, you have marked yourself as a mental teenager.  That is your business of course, but you’re not far from those silly “outraged” people who call themselves Muslims going crazy and protesting over some silly cartoons published in a newspaper in some other part of the world.

To the lot of you, I say, grow up . . . there a bigger fish to fry in this world.  :-[

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2006, 01:11:22 PM »
Eryk Bui has a feature in Mucular Developement in which Ron Harris claims that Eryk can squat 725 with no belt suit or wraps.Do any bodybuilders actually tell the truth when reporting their numbers.First its Johnny Jackson claiming an 815 gearless squat[but totally geared he did 821]then we have the idiotic claim of 405X20 in the military press for Branch Warren,now the foolish 725 gearless squat claim.You know,Ed Coans best gearless squat is 815@220 and Kirk Ks is 825@242,both have done over 1000 fully geared.Eryk can NOT squat 725 with no gear or he would just pop on some gear go in a meet and break the world record in the squat at 198.Please,enough of these ridiculous claims.Do it in a meet or on tape or dont claim such lifts,it makes everyone actually believe that you can do it.
i totally agree with you, i saw that in Borders and almost started laughing out loud in the middle of the store reading that, they did a special on him in Flex awhile back and it showed him doing quarter squats.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Big_D

• Getbig IV
  • CockDees without the drugs!
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2006, 01:29:37 PM »
The claims in the magazines do make a difference because some people use these bodybuilders as measuring sticks. You use them as motivation and then when you think your getting close to that mark, they come up with another lie. Life is all about comparisons, you use other peoples performance as a yard stick.
Dont hate playa

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2006, 01:39:39 PM »
The claims in the magazines do make a difference because some people use these bodybuilders as measuring sticks. You use them as motivation and then when you think your getting close to that mark, they come up with another lie. Life is all about comparisons, you use other peoples performance as a yard stick.

The claims in the magazines do make a difference because some people mental teenagers use these bodybuilders as measuring sticks. 

Cool Black Clyde

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2006, 01:55:57 PM »
Bui squatted 635 in FLEX last year, with a belt but without wraps or a suit.  And it was a real squat in a real workout, not fake weights.  That's still a long way from 725, but it's a damn impressive squat for no wraps or suit (the belt is less important).  I wouldn't say it's impossible for him to get another 90 lbs. on his best day a year later.  It's unlikely, but not impossible.  He did start out as a powerlifter.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2006, 01:56:51 PM »
Cool Black your last name Perry?

Cool Black Clyde

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2006, 02:05:12 PM »
No.  Manny Perry?  From all I've heard, Manny Perry is cool.  He's a lot cooler than I'll ever be.   ;D

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2006, 05:01:16 PM »

I agree. If I was a powerlifter it would irritate ma a little.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2006, 05:02:44 PM »
I agree. If I was a powerlifter it would irritate ma a little.

if you were a powerlifter you would not be reading BB magazines.  :)

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2006, 05:08:26 PM »
Is there a law against powerlifters reading BB mags? I'm not a pro athlete but I read S.I.

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2006, 05:46:06 PM »
Pro bodybuilders never lie ----- they never have never will !!

I have squated 12085 lbs for 46 reps first set, no warm up,no wraps ,no food,no fluid, and totaly drug free for 3 years !!!

Just a shame there was no one around to see it !!

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2006, 07:32:22 PM »
Is there a law against powerlifters reading BB mags? I'm not a pro athlete but I read S.I.

who the hell reads BB mags, we just look at the pics and j/o   :)

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2006, 08:35:26 PM »
if you were a powerlifter you would not be reading BB magazines.  :)
I am a powerlifter but I still read about bodybuilding.  For the recoerd, I dont beleive anything I read in the mags.  I follow bodybuilding for entertainment I powerlift like its my job.  Fuck Eryck Bui and his gay ass haircut.