Author Topic: For Parker: Bugatti Unveils Final Legend Veyron: “Ettore Bugatti”  (Read 6450 times)

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
Re: For Parker: Bugatti Unveils Final Legend Veyron: “Ettore Bugatti”
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2014, 03:51:57 PM »
Why Wiggs black continent don't build cars (or bicycles)  ;D ;D ;D

They do ;)

They are also known for their airplanes

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?

delta9mda

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2014, 04:13:00 PM »
if you want to drop $3m, get

1 and aventador

2 a single seater, like a GP2 or GP3 car for the track.
fuck lambo, get an f12

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2014, 04:18:16 PM »
fuck lambo, get an f12
SR-71 is better

delta9mda

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2014, 04:45:48 PM »
f12 not a12

the trainer

« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2014, 04:56:22 PM »
$3,138,000 USD.

Unveiled in a press release issued today is the “Ettore Bugatti” Legend Veyron, which honors the company founder,

http://blog.dupontregistry.com/bugatti/bugatti-unveils-final-legend-veyron-ettore-bugatti/

I am trying to decide if to buy 2 or 3 or just get a Hyundai? 

and to make it bodybuilding related...  the color will be that of a grapefruit  :-[

What is a broke ass like you doing reading dupont can you afford to buy anything in there.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2014, 10:14:32 PM »
They sell them all , they sell well but VW is taking a hit on all of them. They've sold over 400 Veyrons , McLaren couldn't sell 100 F1s , Ferrari always sells their specials

Not from what I read. Still they are overrated overweight garbage that's good on top speed alone

Give me a laferrari, 918 or P1 any day

I'll take the old McLaren F1 with the bmw v12

Bugatti veyrons aren't enthusiast cars , who cares about top speed only , there's more to a car than simply speed

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2014, 06:08:21 AM »
The rev-limter was removed. All of the customer cars had their limiters in place so NO Customer F-1 is capable of doing 240MPH

Compared to the F-1? Carbon ceramic brakes , McLaren tried to to make them for the F1 and could not make them work. The DSG dual clutch transmission is eons better than the F-1s manual transmission. It's all wheel drive system , it's cooling , F-1 had low speed cooling issues , the Veyron doesn't. It's a true grand touring car with real air conditioning and creature comforts , the F-1's air conditioner was described as have warm dogs breath on your face. lol despite it's weight the Veyron's performance is on another level.

They Veyron is older than the new hybrids and still is comparable in terms of performance , and wait until the Veyron successor comes out it will be a game changer. Both Ferrari and Mclaren are playing catch up to Bugattii. Neither the P1 or LaFerrari are eclipsing the Veyron in terms of speed either.

page 262-263 of Driving Ambition covers the world record run. It was done Marche 31,1998.
They were on VW's Ehra-Lessien Test Track, which is the same test track that Bugatti used to make it's record run. The car was a production spec, and it was XP5. It was "meticulously prepared".
There were three runs, on run two, driver Andy Wallace reported that the car was close to it's rev limiter at 384 km/h. He reported on the last run that the car would not go further than 391 km/h. Corrected maximum speed was 386.7, which converts to 240.1 mph. No mention of removing the rev limiter or the cats.

Yes, the Mclaren's brakes compared to Veyron, are not as good. In fact, before the Veyron, they tested the Enzo against it (Martin Brundle did the test on video) and he declared that the F1's brakes couldn't compare to the Enzo's.
The Mclaren was way ahead of it 's time in terms of packaging, weight distribution, grip, and build.
The Veyron shows what happens when you can throw money at something.
And, when it's said and done, the Mclaren will command a lot more on the auction block than the Veyron. It just might be commanding Ferrari 250 GTO prices in a few years.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2014, 06:35:44 AM »
Nah...I'll stick with my 2007 Honda Accord.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “No no. Down here, Louie.”

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2014, 07:25:06 AM »
page 262-263 of Driving Ambition covers the world record run. It was done Marche 31,1998.
They were on VW's Ehra-Lessien Test Track, which is the same test track that Bugatti used to make it's record run. The car was a production spec, and it was XP5. It was "meticulously prepared".
There were three runs, on run two, driver Andy Wallace reported that the car was close to it's rev limiter at 384 km/h. He reported on the last run that the car would not go further than 391 km/h. Corrected maximum speed was 386.7, which converts to 240.1 mph. No mention of removing the rev limiter or the cats.

Yes, the Mclaren's brakes compared to Veyron, are not as good. In fact, before the Veyron, they tested the Enzo against it (Martin Brundle did the test on video) and he declared that the F1's brakes couldn't compare to the Enzo's.
The Mclaren was way ahead of it 's time in terms of packaging, weight distribution, grip, and build.
And, when it's said and done, the Mclaren will command a lot more on the auction block than the Veyron. It just might be commanding Ferrari 250 GTO prices in a few years.

It's funny they make no mention of it in their book. I've read before on multiple sources the rev limiter was removed for the top speed run. It's funny because Gordon Murray was quoted Top speed? The Fl runs into the 7500 rpm redline in sixth at 221 mph—but it's still accelerating. Gordon Murray, the F1's designer, is convinced that with taller gear­ing, the car is capable of at least 230 mph. It's funny the old customer car any independent car magazine that tested a customer car and it's top speed was ' only ' 217MPH which is close to the 221MPH

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/mclaren-f1-supercar-road-test-review-the-finest-high-performance-production-engine-in-the-world-page-2

Mentions the rev limiter being removed March 1998, it set the record for the world’s fastest production car in the world, reaching 231 mph (372 km/h) with the rev limiter enabled, and 243 mph (391 km/h) with the rev limiter removed.

http://www.wikipediatrade.com/mclaren-f1/

It's ironic because the Veyron Supersport that ran 268MPH had it's rev limiter raised as well and NO customer cars can do it either. They are restricted to 258MPH. You have to hand it to Bugatti to charging almost twice the price of a regular Veyron for a Supersport with a gain of just 5MPH ! 253MPH compared to the SS with 258MPH

The brakes were not as good? It's night & day there is NO comparison. They F-1 had steel brakes with no ABS the Veyron's brakes are in another league compared. I agree the McLaren's was way ahead of it's time but so is the Veyron. The McLaren is the same as philosophy as the Veyron as far as costs-no-object car , The F-1 was the first car to command $1 Million dollars. New Veyron's are selling for for more than 3 times what a new F-1 was selling for.

The F1 may be getting 250GTO money in a few decades but the Veyron will be right there with it. I loved the F1 when it first came out but the Veyron is on another level just like the P1 is compared to the F1 technology rules the day.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2014, 07:35:26 AM »
Not from what I read. Still they are overrated overweight garbage that's good on top speed alone

Give me a laferrari, 918 or P1 any day

I'll take the old McLaren F1 with the bmw v12

Bugatti veyrons aren't enthusiast cars , who cares about top speed only , there's more to a car than simply speed

Overrated? how in what aspect? It's a grand touring car not a track orientated car like the P1 or LaFerrari and it's not good for just top speed alone it's acceleration is legendary and it handles a lot better than you would think and this is according to Gordon Murray who is responsible for the F1

Lexus II

• Getbig II
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2014, 10:51:07 AM »
They do ;)

They are also known for their airplanes

I like the rope holding the hood closed.  I'm not sure if the FAA would certify this aircraft.   :D

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2014, 01:38:50 PM »
It's funny they make no mention of it in their book. I've read before on multiple sources the rev limiter was removed for the top speed run. It's funny because Gordon Murray was quoted Top speed? The Fl runs into the 7500 rpm redline in sixth at 221 mph—but it's still accelerating. Gordon Murray, the F1's designer, is convinced that with taller gear­ing, the car is capable of at least 230 mph. It's funny the old customer car any independent car magazine that tested a customer car and it's top speed was ' only ' 217MPH which is close to the 221MPH

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/mclaren-f1-supercar-road-test-review-the-finest-high-performance-production-engine-in-the-world-page-2

Mentions the rev limiter being removed March 1998, it set the record for the world’s fastest production car in the world, reaching 231 mph (372 km/h) with the rev limiter enabled, and 243 mph (391 km/h) with the rev limiter removed.

http://www.wikipediatrade.com/mclaren-f1/

It's ironic because the Veyron Supersport that ran 268MPH had it's rev limiter raised as well and NO customer cars can do it either. They are restricted to 258MPH. You have to hand it to Bugatti to charging almost twice the price of a regular Veyron for a Supersport with a gain of just 5MPH ! 253MPH compared to the SS with 258MPH

The brakes were not as good? It's night & day there is NO comparison. They F-1 had steel brakes with no ABS the Veyron's brakes are in another league compared. I agree the McLaren's was way ahead of it's time but so is the Veyron. The McLaren is the same as philosophy as the Veyron as far as costs-no-object car , The F-1 was the first car to command $1 Million dollars. New Veyron's are selling for for more than 3 times what a new F-1 was selling for.

The F1 may be getting 250GTO money in a few decades but the Veyron will be right there with it. I loved the F1 when it first came out but the Veyron is on another level just like the P1 is compared to the F1 technology rules the day.

I scoured those two pages. When I thought that they said that removed the cats, I got mixed up with the XJ220, they removed the cats at Nardo to make the run at 218. Martin Brundle was driving.
He said it was scary because air was getting under the hood causing it to buckle.

I do remember something about the 243 mph run.

Also, they were talking about the Veyron's depreciation in jalopnik.

Read #3 and #2
http://carbuying.jalopnik.com/four-reasons-why-you-should-never-ever-buy-a-bugatti-v-1616708727/1617624687/+travis

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2014, 02:26:34 PM »
I scoured those two pages. When I thought that they said that removed the cats, I got mixed up with the XJ220, they removed the cats at Nardo to make the run at 218. Martin Brundle was driving.
He said it was scary because air was getting under the hood causing it to buckle.

I do remember something about the 243 mph run.

Also, they were talking about the Veyron's depreciation in jalopnik.

Read #3 and #2
http://carbuying.jalopnik.com/four-reasons-why-you-should-never-ever-buy-a-bugatti-v-1616708727/1617624687/+travis

That article about the Veyron depreciating is pure bias. They neglected to mention that McLaren could NOT Sell anymore than just over 100 total , there was simply no interest. Financially the F-1 was a bust

#3 is nonsense because there will be 499 LaFerrari's made ALL are already spoken for. Same with the Enzo which all have been sold.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2014, 03:15:09 PM »
That article about the Veyron depreciating is pure bias. They neglected to mention that McLaren could NOT Sell anymore than just over 100 total , there was simply no interest. Financially the F-1 was a bust

#3 is nonsense because there will be 499 LaFerrari's made ALL are already spoken for. Same with the Enzo which all have been sold.

Bugatti is having a hard time selling Veyrons
http://blog.caranddriver.com/bugatti-vows-to-sell-40-remaining-veyrons-before-introducing-its-successor/

And Ferrari and Mclaren will add track versions to laFerrari and P1, I believe with the P1 it will part of the last batch.

With the F1, the supposed last production car was #075 on May 25, 1998. But they actually sold a car based on their display chassis later (I forgot how much later).
TAG Heuer Managing Director Christian Viros advised Mclaren to make it plain that the F1 would be limited. If you believe  British record keeping, 107 total Mclaren F1s.

Only really time will tell what the Veyron will go for vs Mclaren.
We can resume this in 10-20 yrs...

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2014, 05:28:33 PM »
http://blog.caranddriver.com/bugatti-vows-to-sell-40-remaining-veyrons-before-introducing-its-successor/

And Ferrari and Mclaren will add track versions to laFerrari and P1, I believe with the P1 it will part of the last batch.

With the F1, the supposed last production car was #075 on May 25, 1998. But they actually sold a car based on their display chassis later (I forgot how much later).
TAG Heuer Managing Director Christian Viros advised Mclaren to make it plain that the F1 would be limited. If you believe  British record keeping, 107 total Mclaren F1s.

Exactly they are having a hard time selling these

And yes to ND it's speed alone , acceleration , top speed is really all that Bugatti is known for

3 mil? 2 mil? No thanks!

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2014, 05:43:41 PM »
I have the book "Driving Ambition" I think they decatted the car and possibly removed the limiter. I will have to look it up.
But think about it, what did the Veyron bring to the table in terms of advancements?? The DCT was already being used in other products.
The F1 did more with less. It weighed less, seated three, had less horsepower, had a manual, no power steering (I believe)...and it's record stood for a long time. And I believe it went over the 240.1 mph on a third test.
Mario Andretti I believe was the one who drove it to 217 and said that it felt like it could pull another gear.

The Veyron is a masterpiece of what money and engineering can do when you want the world's fastest production car...or world's heaviest fastest production car.
But, now, Ferrari, Porsche, Mclaren are focusing not on top speed anymore, but on 0-60, 0-100, 100-120, etc. and track focus, along with hybrid systems. Now, you have cars eclipsing the Veyron's performance, but not it's top speed. Because they are not focused on that.

So, again what really are the Veyron's advancements?

What made the Veyron great is they made a car that could go faster than any car before just because. Money wasn't an issue, nor were problems that arose constructing it like cooling system (10 radiators), braking for a 2 tonne car going at 250mph etc. It was a work of engineering not something to please shareholders. OK, enough plagiarising Jeremy Clarkson but it was great because it was a case of what could be done, not what should be done to fit budgets and current technological advancements. It also showed you could make luxury superfast. My kid has been in one, and a Ferrari 458, I'm jelly.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2014, 05:45:42 PM »

Did you even read the article? They sold the initial run of 300 cars , that's three times what McLaren could sell with the F-1 !! Then they added the the ' convertibles ' that were capped at run of a 150 and they're having trouble selling the last 40 and they are having a hard time selling Veyrons? They've sold 410 Veyrons that's 4 times more than the F-1 there is NO comparison between the two. VW is still taking a loss on them however that's not the point , they sold more than McLaren ever did with the F-1

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2014, 05:48:46 PM »
Exactly they are having a hard time selling these

And yes to ND it's speed alone , acceleration , top speed is really all that Bugatti is known for

3 mil? 2 mil? No thanks!

See above. NO they are not having a hard time selling these.

And again NO it wasn't about just top speed and acceleration , it was about braking as well. And all aspects of performance. Facts are not in your corner.

I understand why you're not a fan but you can't deny it.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2014, 05:53:34 PM »

And again NO it wasn't about just top speed and acceleration , it was about braking as well. And all aspects of performance. Facts are not in your corner.

They cost 5 million to make sold for one million now resell second hand for 3.5million or so.

http://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/results/bugatti/veyron.

It was part marketing and part vanity from outgoing head of VW from what I understand.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2014, 06:07:45 PM »
They cost 5 million to make sold for one million now resell second hand for 3.5million or so.

http://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/results/bugatti/veyron.

It was part marketing and part vanity from outgoing head of VW from what I understand.

One article says they lose a staggering $6.25 million on each car they sell , then in this video Harry Metcalfe from Evo quotes a more modest loss of $500K on each one. Either way they are taking a hit but the point remains they are selling them , sans the last 40 or so

starts about 4:30

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2014, 06:24:44 PM »

What facts? It's still a car that was made to go super fast in the top speed, and acceleration

Have u ever been in one?? I have and it's just a fast car, nothing more nothing less, relatively speaking of the price and of course comparisons to other exotic/hyper cars despite it's a "grand tourer"

How much real experience do u have in cars in general? Track Experience? or are u just a car fan? Just curious

Ever drive a ferrari? Porsche gt2's or gt3's?? GTR? Zr1's??

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2014, 06:50:09 PM »
What facts? It's still a car that was made to go super fast in the top speed, and acceleration

Have u ever been in one?? I have and it's just a fast car, nothing more nothing less, relatively speaking of the price and of course comparisons to other exotic/hyper cars despite it's a "grand tourer"

How much real experience do u have in cars in general? Track Experience? or are u just a car fan? Just curious

Yes it was made just to go fast in a straight line  ::) stop trying to simplify the car into nothing more than a Bonneville Salt Flats racer , because it's much , much more than that. You point as well as Parker's point that they are having a hard time selling this is flat out wrong.

I've never been in one , saw a Supersport in person talked with the owner at length. And what does that mean you've been in one?  , and it's much more than just a fast car nothing more nothing less. The car is a technological tour de force amd still holds it own against the hybrid hypercars

I've driven in a Ferrari , I've driven a many Porsches including a twin turbo 911. I've also driven a Viper GTS , the only track experience I have is at the drags , I've owned three Mustangs , they last being Supercharged with a ton of work done to it , used to street race. My Brother has had everything from Supercharged Mustangs to worked GTIs Jettas and a worked R32 and now he has a Cobb tuned STI that runs low 11s  as well as a R-1 with a ton of work, I've been around fast cars all my life. Not Veyron fast but I'm no stranger to fast cars.

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2014, 06:53:26 PM »
Looks like a lotus and a bugatti combined

I'm not impressed with the aesthetics  :-\