Author Topic: Which pros have you learned the most from about training  (Read 14809 times)

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
Re: Which pros have you learned the most from about training
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2014, 12:17:01 PM »
Arnold. Anything todays pros say may be true but it wont work unless you re on 10k of drugs a year.

Simple Simon

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2014, 12:19:13 PM »

Why do you want to make me look stupid rather than answering the question about the topic of this thread?  ???

You are fucking the thread up again joon, let it go.
Why do you think you have me in some strange "gotcha" situation?
Have you got a little chubby in your boxers?

Uncle Junior

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2014, 12:19:24 PM »
Yates, hands down.

I trained with him at Temple Gym once.

Great and knowledgeable guy.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2014, 12:20:19 PM »
Always read anything written by yates, his writings have had the biggest influence

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2014, 12:21:15 PM »
Arnold. Anything todays pros say may be true but it wont work unless you re on 10k of drugs a year.

lmao

And it's common knowledge that anything Arnold said was complete bullcrap and self-staging (like anything he did anyways) as he trained the complete opposite as soon as there were no cameras around (light weights, maximum contraction,...)

Uncle Junior

« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2014, 12:22:06 PM »

Why you disagree with doing squats or deadlifts when most of the pro's including Dorian Yates believe those to be fundamental bread and butter exercises for growth and development?

Please share with us your knowledge why you feel you know more about training than Dorian Yates? Why are you more knowledgeable and special than him?

Simple Simon

« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2014, 12:23:11 PM »
Why you disagree with doing squats or deadlifts when most of the pro's including Dorian Yates believe those to be fundamental bread and butter exercises for growth and development?

Please share with us your knowledge why you feel you know more about training than Dorian Yates? Why are you more knowledgeable and special than him?

I have a sticky in the UK section you can ask me questions in there ....oh wait, no you cant can you.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2014, 12:26:34 PM »
Lol at your desperation.
Are you trying to ruin every thread you post in?

I know Junior was the instigator here, but you could have opted to ignore him.  What's the point of responding? 

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2014, 12:27:08 PM »

Dorian didn't do one single squat thruoughout his entire pro career. At least none with a bar on his back, maybe one or two on Joe Weiders lap before Olympia time.

Simple Simon

« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2014, 12:28:03 PM »
I know Junior was the instigator here, but you could have opted to ignore him.  What's the point of responding? 
To get people to come over to the UK forum where he isnt allowed to post.

Uncle Junior

« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2014, 12:28:48 PM »
I have a sticky in the UK section you can ask me questions in there ....oh wait, no you cant can you.

The question was:

If you have so much knowledge and know more about training than Dorian Yates why have you never won a bodybuilding show, have you just been a bit unlucky, or you think maybe it might be time to start learning from Dorian Yates and doing some squats or dead-lifts?

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2014, 12:30:19 PM »
To get people to come over to the UK forum where he isnt allowed to post.

Touche  :D

Simple Simon

« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2014, 12:30:24 PM »
The question was:

If you have so much knowledge and know more about training than Dorian Yates why have you never won a bodybuilding show, have you just been a bit unlucky, or you think maybe it might be time to start learning from Dorian Yates and doing some squats or dead-lifts?

Dorian wasnt an advocate of squats and deadlifts.
Didn't he mention that when you trained with him?

Uncle Junior

« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2014, 12:32:19 PM »
Dorian didn't do one single squat thruoughout his entire pro career. At least none with a bar on his back, maybe one or two on Joe Weiders lap before Olympia time.

Dorian did front squats and regular squats routinely in his earlier development.

Dorian also did heavy dead-lifts

The question I am asking Simon is why he feels those exercises are useless for growth and development and many pro disagree with him and why he thinks he knows more about bodybuilding training than former Mr Olympians?

Its a simple enough, relevant and on topic question which he keeps avoiding.

Simple Simon

« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2014, 12:39:03 PM »
Dorian did front squats and regular squats routinely in his earlier development.

The question I am asking Simon is why he feels those exercises are useless for growth and development and many pro disagree with him and why he thinks he knows more about bodybuilding training than former Mr Olympians?

Its a simple enough, relevant and on topic question which he keeps avoiding.

Why do you insist on making assumptions on what I believe?

Uncle Junior

« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2014, 12:40:46 PM »
Why do you insist on making assumptions on what I believe?

What do you believe? I have asked you about 10 times already.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2014, 12:41:57 PM »

Dorian stopped doing squats early in his career, as well as flat benches. Even on the deadlift he didn't go crazy.

According to the man himself:
"Must You Squat, Deadlift, and Bench Press to be Hardcore?

Let’s start with squats. When I started training in 1984, Tom Platz was the man. Prior to Platz, legs had never been a big deal in bodybuilding. Once ‘The Golden Eagle’ came on the scene with those incredible legs of his, all that changed. Tom was known for his brutal squat workouts. In my gym, as in most gyms where serious bodybuilders trained at that time, you weren’t even considered a real man unless you squatted. So I did my best, but my body wasn’t structurally suited for squats. My hips were rather small for my frame, which was a liability when it came to heavy squats. I tore a muscle in my hip and underwent surgery. This was before I even turned pro.

I should also note that as hard as I did work on squats up to that point, my leg development was nothing really special. After my surgery, I never did a single set of squats again. I used Smith machine squats, the leg press, and the hack squat. I found that for me, those exercises did a much better job at working my quads, whereas squats had always involved a lot of lower back and glutes. I still say that the barbell squat is a wonderful exercise for some people. For anyone who plays a sport like football or soccer, they are a great all-around movement and will help develop superb core strength. But in my case, squats never delivered the best results. I managed to win six Mr. Olympia titles without them, and my legs became two of my better body parts.

As for deadlifts, I did them, but at the end of my back workouts. That limited the amount of weight I could use to no more than 405-495 pounds, but I was never hung up on how much I could lift in any movement. The goal was always to develop my physique, not puff up my ego. Also, I only did the first set from the floor. After that, all sets were from the shins up, as I didn’t care to involve the quads and glutes any more than was necessary."

http://www.musculardevelopment.com/articles/training/3333-what-does-hardcore-really-mean-by-dorian-yates.html

Simple Simon

« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2014, 12:43:22 PM »
What do you believe? I have asked you about 10 times already.
Im not telling you.

Its none of your fucking business, and another thing is you would not benefit at all from me sharing it with you.

You have zero knowledge on the topic at hand you dont Google search a response to.

By the way, How much did you pay to train with Dorian?

Uncle Junior

« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2014, 12:50:27 PM »
Its none of your fucking business, and another thing is you would not benefit at all from me sharing it with you.

Why would I not benefit from you telling me about your training secrets that you know more about than Dorian Yates? 

By the way, How much did you pay to train with Dorian?

£150.00

Simple Simon

« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2014, 12:55:35 PM »
Why would I not benefit from you telling me about your training secrets that you know more about than Dorian Yates? 

£150.00
1. Because you are not here to learn anything.
2. mug.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2014, 12:57:42 PM »
Almost all "pro" training advice is not applicable to a natty at all.

Gear heads can make tons of mistakes and still make progress.  The results they get from the drugs make them think they have done things correctly.  In reality, most of them are training imbeciles because 90% of their training experience was acquired while they were on the sauce.

Uncle Junior

« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2014, 12:58:59 PM »
1. Because you are not here to learn anything.
2. mug.

What if I paid you a £150, since that's what I gave Dorian and since you know more about training than him that would be a good deal for me no?

Can I come up to your gym and have you train me for one hour so maybe I can learn from you?

Just remind me again, how much do you squat or dead-lift? Oh I forgot you don't

Simple Simon

« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2014, 01:01:57 PM »
What if I paid you a £150, since that's what I gave Dorian and since you know more than him that would be a good deal for me no?

Can I come up to your gym and have you train me for one hour so maybe I can learn from you?

Just remind me again, how much do you squat or dead-lift? Oh I forgot you don't

If I came to meet you we wouldn't be discussing training
Just because I don't squat and dead-lift you assume I think they are not good exercises?

How many times do I have to tell you to stop making assumptions on what I believe.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2014, 01:04:17 PM »

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAA

YOU  telling someone to "let it go"  

My hypocrisy meter just exploded into a million pieces.  :D

Uncle Junior

« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2014, 01:05:24 PM »
If I came to meet you we wouldn't be discussing training
Just because I don't squat and dead-lift you assume I think they are not good exercises?

How many times do I have to tell you to stop making assumptions on what I believe.

No no no, that's just the thing, I am happy to come up to where you are and meet you, honestly its not a problem for me, I drive a fast car and can be up there in a jiffy. I don't want you to go to any extra bother on my account.

I just want to come and train with you for an hour so you can teach me about your knowledge about training and i'm happy to pay you for your time.

I can come up this Saturday if you are free, say about 2.00pm, would that suit you?

Also if you think deadlifts and squats are good exercises why don't you do them then? It makes no sense not to do something that is good for you.