Author Topic: Experience with Sepsis ? Cellulitis ? recuring fever...  (Read 9375 times)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
Re: Experience with Sepsis ? Cellulitis ? recuring fever...
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2014, 03:48:38 AM »
WTF is going on here at Getbig, it seems like everyone is making more of an effort to be a little bit nicer.  Thanks, but I look forward to the next round of pitbull pictures next time I say something you don't like.

Yeah, at the very least someone from Getbig could have offered to go on the holiday with his gal while he stays and runs the gym. Much better for his health!

Simple Simon

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2014, 04:01:38 AM »
I don't come around that easy.  It takes more than a little sympathy to win me over after after and enduring and dedicated harassment campaign.  I appreciate the sentiment, but I remain wary as always.  A man won over by flattery is an easy target indeed.
So you come and log on to a website where you feel harrassed and have to keep your wits about you and be wary?

How strange.

Neptune100

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2014, 04:09:22 AM »
At least go see doctor before you leave.

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2014, 04:46:58 AM »
This should be a wakeup call to all juicers, if you feel something after a shot (redness, swelling etc), get it checked out quick. What could be cured with a simple oral dose of keflex can turn into something that needs intense IV antibiotic therapy.

Fitness also check your sterility practices and if that's up to form than either lower the amount u inject in one spot or your gear is dirty

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2014, 05:20:34 AM »
I had cellulitis after getting an abcess removed/lanced...............no problems afterwards though.

Groink,please don`t use liquid Winstrol.........that shit is an abcess waiting to happen dude.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2014, 05:32:27 AM »
So you come and log on to a website where you feel harrassed and have to keep your wits about you and be wary?

How strange.
People harass me, but I don't feel harassed.  I don't give them any such power.  I learned long ago their are arseholes everywhere, you can't avoid them, you can't let them run you off, you just have to learn to tolerate them  I have had many stalkers here at getbig over the years, I take it as a compliment, I have a way of owning minds, and those whose head space I rent have trouble evicting me.  I think having your wits about you and being wary is a prudent philosophy considering the ruthlessness of modern life.
V

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2014, 05:42:58 AM »
yea, we're leaving no matter what.

it's her last opportunity to have a 'vacation', since she'll be finishing med school and doing her residency over the next 4-5yrs or so. Plus, everything is already paid for.

I only have 1 more day of Clindamycin to go through.

when we get there, i'll be stocking up on z-packs as well.
Where are you going?

Simple Simon

« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2014, 05:45:55 AM »
People harass me, but I don't feel harassed.  I don't give them any such power.  I learned long ago their are arseholes everywhere, you can't avoid them, you can't let them run you off, you just have to learn to tolerate them  I have had many stalkers here at getbig over the years, I take it as a compliment, I have a way of owning minds, and those whose head space I rent have trouble evicting me.  I think having your wits about you and being wary is a prudent philosophy considering the ruthlessness of modern life.
Then by definition you are not being harassed.

"People upset me but I dont get upset"
"People annoy me but I dont get annoyed"

See?

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2014, 05:47:49 AM »
There was no messing about when they saw the size of my abscess, it was like a football. They knocked me out, cut a hole into me and drained 600ml of fluid. It was delightful.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2014, 05:54:45 AM »
Would love to be that scalpel

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2014, 05:56:14 AM »
Then by definition you are not being harassed.

"People upset me but I dont get upset"
"People annoy me but I dont get annoyed"

See?
Do you have to derail every thread by continuing to try and fulfill some type of personal vendetta? I can't help it if I own your mind, but is that any reason to make a fool of yourself in every thread?

And you really are a simpleton aren't you? Just because I don't let peoples harassment bother me, doesn't mean I am not being harassed.  Someone can act in a harassing manner and the target of their harassment not be affected by it.  Not unlike yourself, you stalk me from thread to thread carrying on like a butt hurt baby and acting in a harassing manner and I continue to tolerate you and stand up for myself when necessary.  Like I said, I take it as a compliment because I owned your mind a week back.  Do you think you are the first getbig stalker I have encountered?  I perform at this rodeo every month or so.
V

irishdave

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2014, 06:17:21 AM »
Dat ass

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2014, 06:20:05 AM »
Dat ass

I can't remember...bad gear or bad sterile practices?

irishdave

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2014, 06:21:58 AM »
Bad gear. I think it was some tren my friend gave me that he had left over. Will never use a bottle belonging to anyone ever again just in case.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2014, 06:29:55 AM »
Bad gear. I think it was some tren my friend gave me that he had left over. Will never use a bottle belonging to anyone ever again just in case.

Roger that. Meatheads...he probably aspirated into the vial or double-dipped with the same pin  :-X

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2014, 06:30:32 AM »
ESF,

A couple of things to consider....

If you have a primary care provider (or even an urgent center), consider going in for them to run a quick CBC w/differential (Complete Blood Count with differential). If possible, have the provider put a STAT order in so that they can provide him/her with results 1-2 days out max. Once you get the results back, it would be a good idea to verify that you still do not have Leukocytosis, which is just your white blood cells above the normal range. Although, particularly, what you should look for are increases in the Neutrophil count and/or even the formation of new Band cells. Neutrophils are the portion of your White Blood Cells that experience elevation when you have a Bacterial infection and Band cells are immature neutrophils that are typically elevated when you have a new infection that is very acute.

If you are able to get this blood test done and the results do not indicate Leukocytosis (Elevation in WBC's) or an acute elevation in Neutrophils and/or Band cells that is different from the lowest levels you attained in the hospital prior to discharge, you should technically be getting better.

If the blood work comes back showing improvement, then continue to treat any marginal elevation in body temperature with Acetaminophen (Ideally 1,000mg every 6-8 hours for 2-3 days). Remember that while your body fights off any residual strains of the bacteria that caused the infection, it will stage an inflammatory response that typically presents itself in the form of a fever, as well as other signs (like inflammation, warmth and minor redness of the site). For any pain at the site, I would stick to Ibuprofen (at the recommended doses - check the label on the bottle).

If you're going to take Antibiotics, be very cautious. I don't recommend just drowning yourself in antibiotics, but if you decide to continue, I suggest you take whatever they started you on in the hospital. The problem with continuously taking antibiotics is that if the infection is gone, then you are just going to blast your GI tract with antibiotics that does away with much of your flora, which could then lead to shitty (pun intended) side effects like terrible diarrhea. The biggest risk of antibiotic use is that if you don't take it as prescribed/recommended and start to skip doses, you can develop what's known as an antibiotic-resistant super infection, by essentially making the bacteria resistant to the antibiotic.

If they had sent for a wound culture of the site (assuming you had any break in the skin or rupture), in order to do what is called sensitivity testing, I would use the antibiotics that the wound culture revealed as most effective in treating the bacteria. Wound cultures can be useful in showing what the bacteria may be susceptible to in terms of particular antibiotics.

Be careful when traveling abroad with any type of infection that led to sepsis. Depending on where you go (assuming it's a third world country), you can potentially die if things become exacerbated.

"1"

P.S. If you need more advice, feel free to PM me. I am not a Doctor, but would be willing to provide you with some advice to the best of my knowledge.

Simple Simon

« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2014, 06:30:48 AM »
Do you have to derail every thread by continuing to try and fulfill some type of personal vendetta? I can't help it if I own your mind, but is that any reason to make a fool of yourself in every thread?

And you really are a simpleton aren't you? Just because I don't let peoples harassment bother me, doesn't mean I am not being harassed.  Someone can act in a harassing manner and the target of their harassment not be affected by it.  Not unlike yourself, you stalk me from thread to thread carrying on like a butt hurt baby and acting in a harassing manner and I continue to tolerate you and stand up for myself when necessary.  Like I said, I take it as a compliment because I owned your mind a week back.  Do you think you are the first getbig stalker I have encountered?  I perform at this rodeo every month or so.
You sound harassed to me.

irishdave

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2014, 06:33:19 AM »
Roger that. Meatheads...he probably aspirated into the vial or double-dipped with the same pin  :-X

The hole in my ass was massive by the way. I had to do a TV show the following morning and I had to plead with the nurses/doctors to let me leave the hospital so they did my dressing WITHOUT painkillers, 2 metres of gauze stuffed into my ass.
I had to get the wound dressed every day for the first 2 weeks, then every 2nd day after that and 3rd day until it was healed..took nearly 6 weeks fml

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2014, 06:36:25 AM »
The hole in my ass was massive by the way. I had to do a TV show the following morning and I had to plead with the nurses/doctors to let me leave the hospital so they did my dressing WITHOUT painkillers, 2 metres of gauze stuffed into my ass.
I had to get the wound dressed every day for the first 2 weeks, then every 2nd day after that and 3rd day until it was healed..took nearly 6 weeks fml

Kinda makes the hepatoxicity of 17-AA orals look not so bad.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2014, 02:08:19 AM »
Dat ass

Damn.

I keep some vet antibiotics on hand for my dooms day prepping. You can buy them online without a prescription here in the US.

You guys should look into it.
A

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2014, 02:40:10 AM »
ESFitness - sounds nasty, hope you get well.

On a more positive note - you won't recover.  :D

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
  • Revenge is a dish best served ice cold
« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2014, 02:46:10 AM »
That's why I get only pharmgrade! You are lucky you still here dude! That shit can kill you!

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
  • Revenge is a dish best served ice cold
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2014, 02:52:25 AM »
ESF,

A couple of things to consider....

If you have a primary care provider (or even an urgent center), consider going in for them to run a quick CBC w/differential (Complete Blood Count with differential). If possible, have the provider put a STAT order in so that they can provide him/her with results 1-2 days out max. Once you get the results back, it would be a good idea to verify that you still do not have Leukocytosis, which is just your white blood cells above the normal range. Although, particularly, what you should look for are increases in the Neutrophil count and/or even the formation of new Band cells. Neutrophils are the portion of your White Blood Cells that experience elevation when you have a Bacterial infection and Band cells are immature neutrophils that are typically elevated when you have a new infection that is very acute.

If you are able to get this blood test done and the results do not indicate Leukocytosis (Elevation in WBC's) or an acute elevation in Neutrophils and/or Band cells that is different from the lowest levels you attained in the hospital prior to discharge, you should technically be getting better.

If the blood work comes back showing improvement, then continue to treat any marginal elevation in body temperature with Acetaminophen (Ideally 1,000mg every 6-8 hours for 2-3 days). Remember that while your body fights off any residual strains of the bacteria that caused the infection, it will stage an inflammatory response that typically presents itself in the form of a fever, as well as other signs (like inflammation, warmth and minor redness of the site). For any pain at the site, I would stick to Ibuprofen (at the recommended doses - check the label on the bottle).

If you're going to take Antibiotics, be very cautious. I don't recommend just drowning yourself in antibiotics, but if you decide to continue, I suggest you take whatever they started you on in the hospital. The problem with continuously taking antibiotics is that if the infection is gone, then you are just going to blast your GI tract with antibiotics that does away with much of your flora, which could then lead to shitty (pun intended) side effects like terrible diarrhea. The biggest risk of antibiotic use is that if you don't take it as prescribed/recommended and start to skip doses, you can develop what's known as an antibiotic-resistant super infection, by essentially making the bacteria resistant to the antibiotic.

If they had sent for a wound culture of the site (assuming you had any break in the skin or rupture), in order to do what is called sensitivity testing, I would use the antibiotics that the wound culture revealed as most effective in treating the bacteria. Wound cultures can be useful in showing what the bacteria may be susceptible to in terms of particular antibiotics.

Be careful when traveling abroad with any type of infection that led to sepsis. Depending on where you go (assuming it's a third world country), you can potentially die if things become exacerbated.

"1"

P.S. If you need more advice, feel free to PM me. I am not a Doctor, but would be willing to provide you with some advice to the best of my knowledge.
WoW! Dr.OMR from now on! Very well explained! ESF is already in Airport quarantine. lol

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2014, 02:53:43 AM »
No medical advice to give but that's a good girlfriend you got there.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2014, 03:19:58 AM »
Look after yourself. I seriously would reconsider going on vacation until you are 100 per cent better. I am sure your girl would not want to lose you. Health comes first... Postpone your vacation.