Author Topic: egg whites  (Read 7458 times)

coldduck

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
egg whites
« on: February 08, 2006, 08:10:12 PM »
hey bros after boiling your eggs and taking the yolk out, how much protein is left in the whites if the egg was 6 grams before boiling  , whether it be a large or medium egg

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
Re: egg whites
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 08:30:10 PM »
hey bros after boiling your eggs and taking the yolk out, how much protein is left in the whites if the egg was 6 grams before boiling  , whether it be a large or medium egg
1 egg white has a little more then 3g protein

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 08:42:54 PM »
eat the whole thing. that stuff about the cholesterol being bad for you is not true. it's actually good for you. the cholesterol that kills you is made by the body when you eat a lot of sugar and drink too much soda and crap. i drink raw eggs every day now and i'm fine. all the old school cats used to eat whole eggs too and those guys were healthier than today's bodybuilders.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2006, 11:46:05 PM »
yes its controversial..but i aint affraid of eggs.
bodybuildersreality.com

coldduck

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2006, 10:41:02 AM »
hey bros thanks for the info once again

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2006, 11:58:22 AM »
gibber is right about how much eggs we used to drink or eat.  And only a few I know off took the time to separate the yokes.  I drank up to 24 a day.  Even back in the late 70's early 80's a restaurant would still charge me $1 for a single egg.  When I went out to eat I always order 6 raw eggs.  A few times they charged me less if I put them in the glass.  Unless you are prone to high cholesterol there is no problem.  In all my life the highest my cholesterol has been in never over 140.  My last reading which was Aug. last year I think it was 114 or 118.  SO don't worry about it.  Go see you doctor and see if you have a problem.  I think it is the extra fat in the yoke more today that concerns people.  When you are young though don't worry about it.

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2006, 03:20:34 PM »
i'm not sure exactly what it is but eggs have something in them that protects you from the cholesterol. and anyway just try it. eat as many eggs as you want and cut out the garbage like soda and all the candy and you'll see your cholesterol will be just fine.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2006, 03:30:52 PM »
From what I hear of nutritionists, 1 in 30,000 or so eggs contain samonella (sp?). That's a pretty low risk. If you get your eggs organic, the risk drops even further. If you inspect the egg for cracks, foul smells, texture, etc, the risk drops further still. 

Aeternitatis

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2006, 05:51:43 PM »
eat the whole thing. that stuff about the cholesterol being bad for you is not true. it's actually good for you. the cholesterol that kills you is made by the body when you eat a lot of sugar and drink too much soda and crap. i drink raw eggs every day now and i'm fine. all the old school cats used to eat whole eggs too and those guys were healthier than today's bodybuilders.
My thoughts exactly. It's misguided and wasteful to use only the egg whites. Furthermore, by using only the whites, you lose the majority of the vitamins and end up with an incomplete protein.

The cholesterol in an egg will not lead to high blood cholesterol. The fat in an egg will not make you fat. In fact, eggs are great sources of two synergistically active "super-muscle" fatty acids called docosahexaenoic acid and arachidonic acid.

The take away lesson: cook your eggs on low heat and eat them whole!

Aeternitatis

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2006, 05:52:57 PM »
i'm not sure exactly what it is but eggs have something in them that protects you from the cholesterol. and anyway just try it. eat as many eggs as you want and cut out the garbage like soda and all the candy and you'll see your cholesterol will be just fine.
It's choline. The high choline content helps to "dissolve" cholesterol and fats.

Aeternitatis

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2006, 05:54:29 PM »
From what I hear of nutritionists, 1 in 30,000 or so eggs contain samonella (sp?). That's a pretty low risk. If you get your eggs organic, the risk drops even further. If you inspect the egg for cracks, foul smells, texture, etc, the risk drops further still. 
This is very true. I pay extra for the best organic pastured-hen eggs and eat about 2-3 raw. Then I eat several cheaper eggs cooked everyday.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2006, 06:56:52 PM »
You guys are right, the whole egg is the only way to go.

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2006, 10:31:05 PM »
Even if you do get salmonela. if you're a grown ass man with a good imune system you'll be fine.

weedoutheweak

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Kickin' it
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2006, 01:10:18 AM »
Even if you do get salmonela. if you're a grown ass man with a good imune system you'll be fine.

or you'll shit blood.

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2006, 01:40:25 PM »
It's choline. The high choline content helps to "dissolve" cholesterol and fats.

You get the same effect from lecithen, eat egg whites and 2tbs of lecithen

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2006, 02:45:36 PM »
I cant put raw in shake anymore (or not for the moment),we have this bird flu thing going about and u gotta cook all ur eggs to bge safe, but i much loads cooked eggs tho.

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

FreshMintBlue

• Getbig III
  • Me and your Maaaaaaaa
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2006, 01:40:31 AM »
If you are cutting you might want to concider to only have 1 egg yolt with the Eggwhites.
Who gives a shit

anvil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2006, 09:04:41 AM »
gibber is right about how much eggs we used to drink or eat.  And only a few I know off took the time to separate the yokes.  I drank up to 24 a day.  Even back in the late 70's early 80's a restaurant would still charge me $1 for a single egg.  When I went out to eat I always order 6 raw eggs.  A few times they charged me less if I put them in the glass.  Unless you are prone to high cholesterol there is no problem.  In all my life the highest my cholesterol has been in never over 140.  My last reading which was Aug. last year I think it was 114 or 118.  SO don't worry about it.  Go see you doctor and see if you have a problem.  I think it is the extra fat in the yoke more today that concerns people.  When you are young though don't worry about it.

24 a day, that's closing in on Vince Gironda status!  How many did you ever eat at one sitting?  I ate 12 the other morning with some toast, and it would've been easy to finish of the whole 18 pack.  I know some big guys here could put them away like "cool Hand Luke."  What's the most anyone here has eaten?

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2006, 11:06:37 AM »
i done 9 in one sitting

blondmusclhunk

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2006, 12:38:02 PM »
Whole egg dude.  If your working out and eating healthy the cholestrols not gonna get you. Ive never got sick off of eggs and dont know anyone who has personally

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2006, 12:46:46 PM »
raw eggs man

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2006, 12:52:11 PM »
I tell ya, you guys will shoot a gram a test up your asses but are too scared to eat the yolk of an egg.
Kids, always doin things the hard way.

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2006, 12:54:34 PM »
oooh a raw egg! OH NO! Now gimme that needle and synthol!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2006, 10:37:24 PM »
It's not the cholesterol Bbers are trying to avoid...it's the fat.

Heres how to buy eggwhites...if you want to add a yolk per 12 egg whites, simply buy a dozen at the store.

www.eggwhitesint.com

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2006, 11:10:52 PM »
It's not the cholesterol Bbers are trying to avoid...it's the fat.

Heres how to buy eggwhites...if you want to add a yolk per 12 egg whites, simply buy a dozen at the store.

www.eggwhitesint.com

fucking a..thanx...!
carpe` vaginum!