Author Topic: Breaking News! Alex Federov. Return of the Russian.  (Read 31795 times)

Alex

• Getbig IV
  • If bodybuilding was easy, everyone would be big!
Breaking News! Alex Federov. Return of the Russian.
« on: August 14, 2014, 08:01:05 AM »
GENERAL NEWS. Breaking News! Return of the Russian.

Alex Federov returns to compete at the IFBB Grand Prix Fitness House Pro Mens Open on November 1st!

http://www.flexonline.com/general-news/breaking-news-return-russian

By Greg Merritt.

Ten years ago he was a supernova— the biggest story in the muscle world. Like Mamdouh Elssbiay today, Fedorov was the young, foreign behemoth who was going to shake up bodybuilding’s top rankings. What’s more, the Russian’s story seemed dreamed up by a Hollywood screenwriter. He trained in a cemetery! The script was destined for a grave ending when he fell as quickly as he rose. But now, at 36, Fedorov is slated to return to the pro stage in his hometown of St. Petersburg, Russia. As he prepares, we look back at one of the most incredible tales in the history of bodybuilding.

Saint-Petersburg, Russia  Grand Prix Fitness House PRO  November 1st 2014:
http://grand-prix.pro/index.php/en/

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Breaking News! Alex Federov. Return of the Russian.
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 08:04:10 AM »
GENERAL NEWS. Breaking News! Return of the Russian.

Alex Federov returns to compete at the IFBB Grand Prix Fitness House Pro Mens Open on November 1st!

http://www.flexonline.com/general-news/breaking-news-return-russian

By Greg Merritt.

Ten years ago he was a supernova— the biggest story in the muscle world. Like Mamdouh Elssbiay today, Fedorov was the young, foreign behemoth who was going to shake up bodybuilding’s top rankings. What’s more, the Russian’s story seemed dreamed up by a Hollywood screenwriter. He trained in a cemetery! The script was destined for a grave ending when he fell as quickly as he rose. But now, at 36, Fedorov is slated to return to the pro stage in his hometown of St. Petersburg, Russia. As he prepares, we look back at one of the most incredible tales in the history of bodybuilding.

Why do these Russian and European guys have that bronze/gold look on stage, whereas the US competitors often look like giant carrots?

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 08:12:05 AM »
i got alot of kickass pics with alex when he was training in jersey back in 2005-6,hed train then strip down n pose for the whole gym to take pics n stuff,awesome guy.talk about huge legs n calves :o
R

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 08:31:43 AM »

the trainer

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 08:35:28 AM »
This guy was a monster back in the day.

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 08:36:45 AM »
legs are too big

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2014, 08:45:49 AM »
was not as great as everyone made him out to be...

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2014, 08:47:37 AM »
was not as great as everyone made him out to be...

After looking awesome in 2003 and 2004, he appeared at the 2005 Olympia completely off and hasn't been the same since then.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2014, 08:48:58 AM »
the sheer amount of veterinary drugs he -and others- are on must be staggering. This will leave a mark. Dead by 50.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2014, 08:54:48 AM »
After looking awesome in 2003 and 2004, he appeared at the 2005 Olympia completely off and hasn't been the same since then.

why?but maybe in his homeland 1 time again is an honor for him...he had no chest then ,,

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2014, 08:57:51 AM »
Is his torn chest fixed?

IronMeister

• Getbig IV
  • Übermacht
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2014, 09:04:09 AM »
the sheer amount of veterinary drugs he -and others- are on must be staggering. This will leave a mark. Dead by 50.

HavoX

• Getbig IV
  • Shamed by thunderdome
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2014, 09:12:05 AM »
Benching 495 I believe in his cemetery gym, makes the temple look like the hilton... Anywho, missed a rep and his 55 year old father couldn't spot him... Riiiip goes the pec and money

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2014, 09:23:00 AM »

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2014, 09:25:50 AM »
What's up with that uni brow?

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2014, 09:28:51 AM »

I remember the hype machine on him,in that back pic he really is not holding his own with prime jay/beast Ronnie...he had great legs,no chest,shape was so/so ,condition was ok for most part..

myosaurus

• Getbig III

milone79

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2014, 10:07:38 AM »
saw this announcement on ESPN today...

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2014, 10:30:14 AM »
I remember the hype machine on him,in that back pic he really is not holding his own with prime jay/beast Ronnie...he had great legs,no chest,shape was so/so ,condition was ok for most part..

You will recall that he was an amateur in that pic. I think that's how he got his pro card. There used to (and may still) be a rule where amateurs could enter pro shows and, if they placed top 10, they could turn pro. I know they did that with the women's side.

Federov defeated several pros who'd placed top 10 at the 2003 Olympia. That's impressive, no matter how you slice it.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2014, 10:35:20 AM »
You will recall that he was an amateur in that pic. I think that's how he got his pro card. There used to (and may still) be a rule where amateurs could enter pro shows and, if they placed top 10, they could turn pro. I know they did that with the women's side.

Federov defeated several pros who'd placed top 10 at the 2003 Olympia. That's impressive, no matter how you slice it.

I remember ,woulda,coulda,shoulda...he was a top guy there 'russia'so it something..

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2014, 10:37:32 AM »

Fedorov blew a prime Coleman away in some poses, that's impressive. The pec tear was his death pretty much.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2014, 10:49:08 AM »
I remember ,woulda,coulda,shoulda...he was a top guy there 'russia'so it something..

I'm not disagreeing with that. People were utterly stunned as to why he looked so awful in 2005, after his excellent condition in 2003 and 2004.

Although, I do recall King Kamali joking that (with regards to the 2004 Russian Grand Prix, which qualified Federov for the 2005 Olympia), if he could have trained his non-lifting uncle from Iran for a year, his uncle would have placed 2nd to Ronnie at that show.

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2014, 11:16:41 AM »

Natural Man

• Getbig V

Alex

• Getbig IV
  • If bodybuilding was easy, everyone would be big!