Author Topic: 100 Dead Blacks vs 5000 Dead Blacks - what gets more coverage?  (Read 14830 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: 100 Dead Blacks vs 5000 Dead Blacks - what gets more coverage?
« Reply #100 on: August 21, 2014, 10:54:28 AM »
Archer I like the way you post and reason through issues.  But on this race issue, I don't agree with you at all.  You really want there to be some racially genetic component to intelligence and violence.  It simply doesn't exist.  Crime in particular is related to income, wealth, and education more than anything else. For example, if you were to look at all violent crime, the overwhelming majority of those criminals are not college educated people making decent income.  This is a socioeconomic problem, that includes a failure of parents to properly raise their kids.  

And at the end if the day, what do you expect to accomplish with your viewpoint?  You want round up all people of a certain race (to include mixed race people) and treat them differently?  

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #101 on: August 21, 2014, 11:00:39 AM »
Archer I like the way you post and reason through issues.  But on this race issue, I don't agree with you at all.  You really want there to be some racially genetic component to intelligence and violence.  It simply doesn't exist.  Crime in particular is related to income, wealth, and education more than anything else. For example, if you were to look at all violent crime, the overwhelming majority of those criminals are not college educated people making decent income.  This is a socioeconomic problem, that includes a failure of parents to properly raise their kids.  

And at the end if the day, what do you expect to accomplish with your viewpoint?  You want round up all people of a certain race (to include mixed race people) and treat them differently?  

WTF?  Who are you and what have you done with BB?

(Totally kidding, btw -- I can't recall ever reading knee-jerk racial stuff from ya, BB.)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: August 21, 2014, 11:03:49 AM »
WTF?  Who are you and what have you done with BB?

(Totally kidding, btw -- I can't recall ever reading knee-jerk racial stuff from ya, BB.)

I don't talk about race issues all that much.  Often a pointless discussion.  But I usually say enough to offend everyone.   :)

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #103 on: August 21, 2014, 11:08:12 AM »
I don't talk about race issues all that much.  Often a pointless discussion.  But I usually say enough to offend everyone.   :)

I agree. 

If there's one subject about which no one's opinion is likely to be changed by rational discussion, it's race.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #104 on: August 21, 2014, 11:09:36 AM »

Disagree - there are extreme poor areas in many white areas w not even a fraction of the crime as in same type black areas

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #105 on: August 21, 2014, 11:09:43 AM »

I believe the poverty answer is to simplistic. If poverty where the reason you would see the same level or close to it of violence across all economically challenged communities but thats not the case.  Education is irrelevent when it comes to basic morality.  Morality is the simpilist and earliest lesson any of us learns and society affirms those values throughout our lives.   There is not one reason that justifies someone not understanding these basic values that keep society together.

I dont believe its genetic but I do believe its cultural.  My aim is to take the weapons used to deflect attention away from taking responsibility for ones choices.  The black community has made a religion out of finger pointing and its time they do a little self evaluation.  They have constructed a false reality around themselves and thats whats keeping them down.  As they say, clean up your own yard before you go knocking on your neighbors door.
A

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: August 21, 2014, 11:09:58 AM »
I agree. 

If there's one subject about which no one's opinion is likely to be changed by rational discussion, it's race.

And abortion.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #107 on: August 21, 2014, 11:23:11 AM »

When bad behavior is dismissed and excused as a product of poverty or a lack of education the person is saying blacks dont have the tools to make the right decisions.  They make children out of them.  If the way they behave is not their fault and the results of poverty and education, why punish them at all.  What I'm saying is,  I'm going to hold you to the same standard of behavior as I would anyone else.  I dont think youre a child.
A

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: August 21, 2014, 11:28:25 AM »
Disagree - there are extreme poor areas in many white areas w not even a fraction of the crime as in same type black areas

This would be relevant if I was making the point that all poor and uneducated people commit violent crime.  I'm not saying that.  I'm saying that when violent crimes does occur, it is related to income and education, not race.  Sort of circular reasoning on my part, but I don't think there is some race-based component to violence or intelligence. 

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #109 on: August 21, 2014, 11:33:19 AM »
This would be relevant if I was making the point that all poor and uneducated people commit violent crime.  I'm not saying that.  I'm saying that when violent crimes does occur, it is related to income and education, not race.  Sort of circular reasoning on my part, but I don't think there is some race-based component to violence or intelligence. 
There is when using statistics to determine which group is more likely to commit violent crimes.

If you find that one race is 5x more likely to murder than another race, logically you should pay more attention to the group committing a the crimes.

Whethef its inherent in their race IMO is irrelevant. .. the facts say that 'x' grouo commits the murders,  you focus on 'x'.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: August 21, 2014, 11:40:00 AM »
I believe the poverty answer is to simplistic. If poverty where the reason you would see the same level or close to it of violence across all economically challenged communities but thats not the case.  Education is irrelevent when it comes to basic morality.  Morality is the simpilist and earliest lesson any of us learns and society affirms those values throughout our lives.   There is not one reason that justifies someone not understanding these basic values that keep society together.

I dont believe its genetic but I do believe its cultural.  My aim is to take the weapons used to deflect attention away from taking responsibility for ones choices.  The black community has made a religion out of finger pointing and its time they do a little self evaluation.  They have constructed a false reality around themselves and thats whats keeping them down.  As they say, clean up your own yard before you go knocking on your neighbors door.

Have you ever spent time in poor communities?  I'm talking extensive amounts of time in homes and interacting with families?  I've been doing that for decades doing volunteer work.  I've also spent a lot of time in middle class and up neighborhoods and with people/parents in those groups.  I agree that morality isn't income and education based.  There are lots of decent people in poor communities.  I think most of the them are good people, regardless of race.  

But to deny that there are not a unique set of problems in poor communities is simply to deny reality.  People from poor communities face enormous challenges that others do not.  And poverty is cyclical.  Very hard to break free, and the playing field is not level.  Take the president for example.  He went to the most expensive, exclusive private school in Hawaii; a school that is a feeder to Ivy League schools.  Those kids have a tremendous advantage over kids who grow up on "the west side."  If Obama went to Waianae High School on the west side, there is no way he would be president today.  

Even the drug use is treated differently.  A kid who smokes pot at Punahou (like Obama) will still graduate and go on to do great things.  A kid smoking pot at a public school in the hood is destined to be a statistic.  

I've been working with literacy programs for many years and you cannot tell me that education is not a predictor of success and failure (to include crime).  It absolutely is.  I see it all the time.  And I don't have to twist and manipulate statistics to reach my conclusion.  

So, to come back to my question, I'm not clear on exactly what you want to the government to do?  Concentration camps?  Special schools?  Branding?  What?  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: August 21, 2014, 11:41:43 AM »
There is when using statistics to determine which group is more likely to commit violent crimes.

If you find that one race is 5x more likely to murder than another race, logically you should pay more attention to the group committing a the crimes.

Whethef its inherent in their race IMO is irrelevant. .. the facts say that 'x' grouo commits the murders,  you focus on 'x'.

The numbers are meaningless if they don't account for socioeconomic status IMO. 

And I'll ask you the same question I asked Archer:  so then what?  What do you think the government should do about it? 

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #112 on: August 21, 2014, 11:47:32 AM »
The numbers are meaningless if they don't account for socioeconomic status IMO. 

And I'll ask you the same question I asked Archer:  so then what?  What do you think the government should do about it? 
The context of the discussion was stop and frisk up until this point.  (Which I think is illegal and unconstitutional)

So in tbat context, cops would be looking at the group with the highest chance of handgun violence.... which would be poor black youths. By its very nature their economic status will be taken into account, cops arent going to stop an executive looking black guy in a $ 500 suit.

When poor blacks are overwhelmingly commit the crimes, theyre going to get the attention. The socioeconomic point is a given. It gets rolled into 'who is committing the crimes'.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #113 on: August 21, 2014, 11:48:24 AM »
This would be relevant if I was making the point that all poor and uneducated people commit violent crime.  I'm not saying that.  I'm saying that when violent crimes does occur, it is related to income and education, not race.  Sort of circular reasoning on my part, but I don't think there is some race-based component to violence or intelligence.  

This reasoning is the safe, pc path...

How does it explain the continent of africa?  It is the second largest continent on earth, vastly rich in resources, and mankind supposedly started there earlier that anywhere else. Yet despite this, aside from non-black egypt, there has never been any advanced civilizations anywhere, at any point in history, over millenia. Every other major racial group has at some point achieved a 'higher' culture...blacks are the lone exception.

There is no adequate explanation for this. This is not to say ALL of them are primitive, there are of course plenty of exceptional idividuals, and many of them are as smart and capable as anyone else. The problem is is that these individuals seem to represent a smaller proportion of their race than pretty much any other racial group; in other words the ratio of competent individuals to primitive ones has never been high enough to produce and maintain a higher civilization, anywhere. This is why although lots of black succeed and are quality, capable individuals, as a group they always get massively outnumbered by the incompetents; which is why virtually every black-majority community in america is a ghetto, why every city/state/country with all black or mostly black leadership always falls to corruption and poverty, why black africa has never had a higher civilization, why their crime rates for things like rape and theft are always way higher than other races...i mean all these things cant be ignored

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: August 21, 2014, 11:52:56 AM »

How does it explain the continent of africa?  It is the second largest continent on earth, vastly rich in resources, and mankind supposedly started there earlier that anywhere else. Yet despite this, aside from non-black egypt, there has never been any advanced civilizations anywhere, at any point in history, over millenia. Every other major racial group has at some point achieved a 'higher' culture...blacks are the lone exception.

There is no adequate explanation for this. This is not to say ALL of them are primitive, there are of course plenty of exceptional idividuals, and many of them are as smart and capable as anyone else. The problem is is that these individuals seem to represent a smaller proportion of their race than pretty much any other racial group; in other words the ratio of competent individuals to primitive ones has never been high enough to produce a higher civilization, anywhere. This is why although lots of black succeed and are quality, capable individuals, as a group they always get massively outnumbered by the incompetents; which is why virtually every black-majority community in america is a ghetto, why every city/state/country with all black or mostly black leadership always falls to corruption and poverty, why black africa has never had a higher civilization, why their crime rates for things like rape and theft are always way higher than other races...i mean all these things cant be ignored

I don't know and don't care.  I don't live in Africa and neither do any of the people we're talking about.  It's no more relevant than looking at the carnage that the Japanese inflicted on much of Asia during the early 1900s.  Completely irrelevant to what people of Japanese descent who were born and raised in America do or don't do.   

But what do you mean by "all these things can't be ignored"?  What exactly are we supposed to do in this country? 

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #115 on: August 21, 2014, 11:53:46 AM »

There is no adequate explanation for this. This is not to say ALL of them are primitive, there are of course plenty of exceptional idividuals, and many of them are as smart and capable as anyone else. The problem is is that these individuals seem to represent a smaller proportion of their race than pretty much any other racial group; in other words the ratio of competent individuals to primitive ones has never been high enough to produce a higher civilization, anywhere. This is why although lots of black succeed and are quality, capable individuals, as a group they always get massively outnumbered by the incompetents; which is why virtually every black-majority community in america is a ghetto, why every city/state/country with all black or mostly black leadership always falls to corruption and poverty, why black africa has never had a higher civilization, why their crime rates for things like rape and theft are always way higher than other races...i mean all these things cant be ignored

Racist post reported.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #116 on: August 21, 2014, 11:54:16 AM »
Have you ever spent time in poor communities?  I'm talking extensive amounts of time in homes and interacting with families?  I've been doing that for decades doing volunteer work.  I've also spent a lot of time in middle class and up neighborhoods and with people/parents in those groups.  I agree that morality isn't income and education based.  There are lots of decent people in poor communities.  I think most of the them are good people, regardless of race.  

But to deny that there are not a unique set of problems in poor communities is simply to deny reality.  People from poor communities face enormous challenges that others do not.  And poverty is cyclical.  Very hard to break free, and the playing field is not level.  Take the president for example.  He went to the most expensive, exclusive private school in Hawaii; a school that is a feeder to Ivy League schools.  Those kids have a tremendous advantage over kids who grow up on "the west side."  If Obama went to Waianae High School on the west side, there is no way he would be president today.  

Even the drug use is treated differently.  A kid who smokes pot at Punahou (like Obama) will still graduate and go on to do great things.  A kid smoking pot at a public school in the hood is destined to be a statistic.  

I've been working with literacy programs for many years and you cannot tell me that education is not a predictor of success and failure (to include crime).  It absolutely is.  I see it all the time.  And I don't have to twist and manipulate statistics to reach my conclusion.  

So, to come back to my question, I'm not clear on exactly what you want to the government to do?  Concentration camps?  Special schools?  Branding?  What?  

I grew up in a poor area in a poor family and the greatest lesson I gained from my experience was that these people are making their own lives harder.  There is no external force keeping them down, its them.  They are stuck in a mentality of failure and the things they are taught are keeping them bound to a life of nothingness.  Trust me, they arent miserable.  They love this life.

Concentration camps? Come on, thats hyperbole.  What I want is for people to be responsible for their actions and contribute to society. I want these communities who so readily point fingers at others and moralize to be honest with themselves and be accountable.  And thats my point, the government can't do anything.   Its tried for decades making laws and pumping money with little results.  Change can only come from within.

Personally I dont care how destructive someone if it doesnt involve me.  The problem arises whrn these fools feel entitle  to assistance while blaming everyone for their problems.
A

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: August 21, 2014, 12:01:26 PM »
I don't know and don't care.  I don't live in Africa and neither do any of the people we're talking about.  It's no more relevant than looking at the carnage that the Japanese inflicted on much of Asia during the early 1900s.  Completely irrelevant to what people of Japanese descent who were born and raised in America do or don't do.   

But what do you mean by "all these things can't be ignored"?  What exactly are we supposed to do in this country? 

Im simply pointing out that while povery and 'socio-economic status' play an obvious role in crime-across the board for all races- that when it comes to blacks, there is simply more to it than that.
What can be done about it? Nothing really...other than openly recognising and discussing an issue that is an elephant in the room instead of burying it in political correctness and throwing endless billions of dollars at it and hoping it 'changes', which in this case it wont.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #118 on: August 21, 2014, 12:10:37 PM »
Im simply pointing out that while povery and 'socio-economic status' play an obvious role in crime-across the board for all races- that when it comes to blacks, there is simply more to it than that.
What can be done about it? Nothing really...other than openly recognising and discussing an issue that is an elephant in the room instead of burying it in political correctness and throwing endless billions of dollars at it and hoping it 'changes', which in this case it wont.

This is the problem.  They dont want to talk about it.  There is zero reflection and self evaluation. Its alway external forces, poverty, education, racism. ..take your pick.   Do the poor in the United States even know what poverty is?  According to the census those at poverty level have a lot of luxuries.  Ive posted the data before.  And no one can argue that Michael Brown wasnt eating.
A

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #119 on: August 21, 2014, 12:13:06 PM »

There is no adequate explanation for this. This is not to say ALL of them are primitive, there are of course plenty of exceptional idividuals, and many of them are as smart and capable as anyone else. The problem is is that these individuals seem to represent a smaller proportion of their race than pretty much any other racial group; in other words the ratio of competent individuals to primitive ones has never been high enough to produce and maintain a higher civilization, anywhere. This is why although lots of black succeed and are quality, capable individuals, as a group they always get massively outnumbered by the incompetents; which is why virtually every black-majority community in america is a ghetto, why every city/state/country with all black or mostly black leadership always falls to corruption and poverty, why black africa has never had a higher civilization, why their crime rates for things like rape and theft are always way higher than other races...i mean all these things cant be ignored

Wednesday 17 October 2007

"James Watson, a Nobel Prize winner for his part in the unravelling of DNA who now runs one of America's leading scientific research institutions, drew widespread condemnation for comments he made ahead of his arrival in Britain today for a speaking tour at venues including the Science Museum in London.

The 79-year-old geneticist reopened the explosive debate about race and science in a newspaper interview in which he said Western policies towards African countries were wrongly based on an assumption that black people were as clever as their white counterparts when "testing" suggested the contrary. He claimed genes responsible for creating differences in human intelligence could be found within a decade."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/fury-at-dna-pioneers-theory-africans-are-less-intelligent-than-westerners-394898.html

Racist, white scientist.    >:(

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: August 21, 2014, 12:18:40 PM »
I grew up in a poor area in a poor family and the greatest lesson I gained from my experience was that these people are making their own lives harder.  There is no external force keeping them down, its them.  They are stuck in a mentality of failure and the things they are taught are keeping them bound to a life of nothingness.  Trust me, they arent miserable.  They love this life.

Concentration camps? Come on, thats hyperbole.  What I want is for people to be responsible for their actions and contribute to society. I want these communities who so readily point fingers at others and moralize to be honest with themselves and be accountable.  And thats my point, the government can't do anything.   Its tried for decades making laws and pumping money with little results.  Change can only come from within.

Personally I dont care how destructive someone if it doesnt involve me.  The problem arises whrn these fools feel entitle  to assistance while blaming everyone for their problems.

The mentality of failure is endemic in poor communities.  It is not as easy as you are trying to make it out to be to get out of poverty.  Are you really going to tell me that you didn't have to work harder than someone from an upper middle class or wealthy family who lived in a nice community and went to a private school?  

But look, I'm not saying people are not responsible for their own choices at the end of the day.  They absolutely are.  I don't care what your background is, that doesn't justify poor decision making.  It might explain it, but it's not an excuse.  And life isn't fair.  People from those backgrounds do have to work harder to succeed.  That's just an unfortunate fact.  But anyone who wants to get out can get out.  It's just a lot easier if there is, for instance, a two parent household, educated parents, etc.  

I want people to take personal responsibility too.  I just wasn't sure where you end up with your race-based analysis, because as you know, most of the people using those statistics are just bigots trying to justify treating people differently.  I believe in that crap.  

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: August 21, 2014, 12:20:13 PM »
This is the problem.  They dont want to talk about it.  There is zero reflection and self evaluation. Its alway external forces, poverty, education, racism. ..take your pick.   Do the poor in the United States even know what poverty is?  According to the census those at poverty level have a lot of luxuries.  Ive posted the data before.  And no one can argue that Michael Brown wasnt eating.

Exactly

MikMaq

« Reply #122 on: August 21, 2014, 12:25:01 PM »

Whethef its inherent in their race IMO is irrelevant. .. the facts say that 'x' grouo commits the murders,  you focus on 'x'.
Ignoring a major point of that. I dont think most people that are educated on race are anywhere stupid enough to suggest discriminating doesnt work.

You can apply that same logic into who you will rent to, who you will higher, and who you will believe, as I think its a fact that is exactly what 99 percent of the population does.

What your not admitting to is the fallout from your math.

If blacks are 5 x more likely to commit a crime they should be searched 5 times more often.

Your ignoring the fact that there are collateral crimes detected in a bust, that may have crime rates that are equal proportion with white folk.
I.E. just as many white pot smokers as black pot smokers.

And yet those profile searches dont ignore 80 percent of pot smokers to make the number fair.

So you have passive black potheads, getting busted at a rate that is five times higher than their white passive counterparts.

That may just seem like collateral damage but that shit adds up and will fuck someone over economically.

This is the part yall seem to skip over like it has absolutely no relevance to the situation.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #123 on: August 21, 2014, 12:30:23 PM »
The mentality of failure is endemic in poor communities.  It is not as easy as you are trying to make it out to be to get out of poverty.  Are you really going to tell me that you didn't have to work harder than someone from an upper middle class or wealthy family who lived in a nice community and went to a private school?  

But look, I'm not saying people are not responsible for their own choices at the end of the day.  They absolutely are.  I don't care what your background is, that doesn't justify poor decision making.  It might explain it, but it's not an excuse.  And life isn't fair.  People from those backgrounds do have to work harder to succeed.  That's just an unfortunate fact.  But anyone who wants to get out can get out.  It's just a lot easier if there is, for instance, a two parent household, educated parents, etc.  

I want people to take personal responsibility too.  I just wasn't sure where you end up with your race-based analysis, because as you know, most of the people using those statistics are just bigots trying to justify treating people differently.  I believe in that crap.  

I didn't have to work harder on not raping, stealing and murdering because I was taught right from wrong. And all that wonderful knowledge  was given for free.

Using these statistics is an attempt to instill a sense of reality, particularly during incidents like the recent riots.  The reality of crime and abuse is much different than what the rioters would like to believe. They feel entitled to a false and unearned sense of  self-righteousness and moral outrage.
A

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #124 on: August 21, 2014, 12:36:05 PM »
Ignoring a major point of that. I dont think most people that are educated on race are anywhere stupid enough to suggest discriminating doesnt work.

You can apply that same logic into who you will rent to, who you will higher, and who you will believe, as I think its a fact that is exactly what 99 percent of the population does.

What your not admitting to is the fallout from your math.

If blacks are 5 x more likely to commit a crime they should be searched 5 times more often.

Your ignoring the fact that there are collateral crimes detected in a bust, that may have crime rates that are equal proportion with white folk.
I.E. just as many white pot smokers as black pot smokers.

And yet those profile searches dont ignore 80 percent of pot smokers to make the number fair.

So you have passive black potheads, getting busted at a rate that is five times higher than their white passive counterparts.

That may just seem like collateral damage but that shit adds up and will fuck someone over economically.

This is the part yall seem to skip over like it has absolutely no relevance to the situation.

Usually those black potheads are busted for other crimes and pot is found on them during that time. Another difference is that smoking pot is a passive endeavor while murder isn, the same with all drugs unless there is gang activity involved. Gang activity and association can also skew the numbers.
A