Author Topic: 100 Dead Blacks vs 5000 Dead Blacks - what gets more coverage?  (Read 14828 times)

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
Re: 100 Dead Blacks vs 5000 Dead Blacks - what gets more coverage?
« Reply #150 on: August 21, 2014, 01:56:24 PM »
What do you think this meant:

Stop and frisk , as it is, results in something like 5% arrests, 1% convictions , and 0.05 gun recovery. Stop and frisk doesn't uncover gun crime in significant numbers.

isn't that better than nothing?  Maybe that 5% or 1% resulted in lives being saved
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #151 on: August 21, 2014, 01:57:06 PM »
I live in NYC - it does not take a fool to know where the crime is concenrtated.  

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #152 on: August 21, 2014, 02:02:57 PM »
isn't that better than nothing?  Maybe that 5% or 1% resulted in lives being saved

I've said it before, but by this logic you might as well just support random in home sweeps. How is it different legally?
5% is such a low number that the program  is basically just randomly stopping and frisking males who are black or
hispanic. It's not catching criminals in significant numbers and it's not catching minority criminals committing crimes
that other groups likely commit in similar numbers.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #153 on: August 21, 2014, 02:03:54 PM »
They don't commit gun crimes at nearly the same rate.  Are you saying its not fair that 90% of the those stopped are hispanic and black when they commit 90% of the gun crime?

When it has such a poor record of getting guns off the street, then yes.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #154 on: August 21, 2014, 02:09:30 PM »

Yawn - I have a gun permit w a lot of pistols, etc - I don't have my guns on the street why? 

ghetto animals and thugs are that animals and pos and thugs - sorry deal with it - the rest of us don't give a fuck wen you kill each other or are killed by cops while being thugs

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #155 on: August 21, 2014, 02:09:57 PM »
What do you think this meant:

Stop and frisk , as it is, results in something like 5% arrests, 1% convictions , and 0.05 gun recovery. Stop and frisk doesn't uncover gun crime in significant numbers.
Thats not what you were arguing earlier when you started discussing vs other races.

Ive already stated over and over I think its illegal, unconstitutional, amd bullshit, but the law by itself is not discriminatory or racist imo.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #156 on: August 21, 2014, 02:14:44 PM »
Thats not what you were arguing earlier when you started discussing vs other races.

Ive already stated over and over I think its illegal, unconstitutional, amd bullshit, but the law by itself is not discriminatory or racist imo.

I posted the following on the second page of this thread:

AG released a report not too long ago that less than  5% of s&Fs result in arrest and conviction. Statistically, your post isn't a justifiable explanation. It's as bad as saying cops should be allowed to go into homes on fishing expeditions in certain neighborhoods. They'd probably have a higher arrest and conviction rate.

Argument can have multiple points.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #157 on: August 21, 2014, 02:15:23 PM »
I've said it before, but by this logic you might as well just support random in home sweeps. How is it different legally?
5% is such a low number that the program  is basically just randomly stopping and frisking males who are black or
hispanic. It's not catching criminals in significant numbers and it's not catching minority criminals committing crimes
that other groups likely commit in similar numbers.

I wouldn't consider 5% and 1% percent insignificant.  It only takes one person to kill or harm another person.  The program is two fold, its meant to lead to arrests and its meant to be a deterrent. As a deterrent the number of arrests is of little value.

Explain to me why is it racist to focus on the groups that cause the most problems?  If one armed midgets committed a disproportionate number of ankle attacks would you focus on finding two armed giants?

If I were you I wouldn't be upset at the cops, they are just doing their jobs.  I would be mad at all the brothas who behavior like fools and make your life more difficult.  
A

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #158 on: August 21, 2014, 02:24:23 PM »

Explain to me why is it racist to focus on the groups that cause the most problems?  If one armed midgets committed a disproportionate number of ankle attacks would you focus on finding two armed giants?

If  I was stopping so many one-armed midgets that it turned out I was finding less than .05% who committed ankle attacks, I'd think my midget hunting system wasn't very good.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #159 on: August 21, 2014, 02:25:17 PM »
Whether or not the cop is racist, the policy is racist, so it makes no substantive difference.
This is the post I was referring to.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #160 on: August 21, 2014, 02:28:39 PM »

I posted the following on the second page of this thread:

AG released a report not too long ago that less than  5% of s&Fs result in arrest and conviction. Statistically, your post isn't a justifiable explanation. It's as bad as saying cops should be allowed to go into homes on fishing expeditions in certain neighborhoods. They'd probably have a higher arrest and conviction rate.

Argument can have multiple points.

If  I was stopping so many one-armed midgets that it turned out I was finding less than .05% who committed ankle attacks, I'd think my midget hunting system wasn't very good.

5% is pretty good
A

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #161 on: August 21, 2014, 02:32:07 PM »
5% is pretty good

5% arrests, about 2% convictions, .5% recovered guns on half a million to a million stops. That's pretty bad.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #162 on: August 21, 2014, 02:36:43 PM »
5% arrests, about 2% convictions, .5% recovered guns on half a million to a million stops. That's pretty bad.

2% of half a million is ten-thousand.  For a million its twenty-thousand.  .5% of a million stops is 5000 guns.
A

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #163 on: August 22, 2014, 12:00:21 AM »
2% of half a million is ten-thousand.  For a million its twenty-thousand.  .5% of a million stops is 5000 guns.

These are terrible numbers.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #164 on: August 22, 2014, 04:35:10 AM »
These are terrible numbers.

Sound good to me.   5000 guns off the streets. 10-20,000 criminals locked up.
A

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #165 on: August 22, 2014, 09:06:43 AM »
Sound good to me.   5000 guns off the streets. 10-20,000 criminals locked up.

If these numbers existed in a vacuum, they wouldn't even be particularly impressive. The fact that these are the results of what are supposed to be targeted searches is horrendous. And the NYPD released a gun seizure report yesterday. The actual percentage isn't .5, it's .1. The numbers have fluctuated between .1 and .2 for the last 10 years. The program just is not effective.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #166 on: August 22, 2014, 09:29:55 AM »
If the program is 'ineffective', why has NYC's crime rate apparently dropped significantly since it has been implemented?

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #167 on: August 22, 2014, 03:42:57 PM »
If the program is 'ineffective', why has NYC's crime rate apparently dropped significantly since it has been implemented?

That's a nationwide trend.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: August 22, 2014, 04:10:49 PM »
Whether or not the cop is racist, the policy is racist, so it makes no substantive difference.
remember yall its racists, except when you do it to white folk ;)

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #169 on: August 22, 2014, 04:15:36 PM »
remember yall its racists, except when you do it to white folk ;)

If I want to find the most Chinese I go to China. 
A

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #170 on: August 22, 2014, 09:09:05 PM »

If I want to find the most Chinese I go to China. 

And if you were looking for Chinese, that wouldn't be a bad plan. But if you're looking for people carrying porcelain chopsticks, then stopping every Chinese person you see isn't a good plan. Especially when it turns out you have to stop 200 Chinese people before you find a pair of chopsticks. 50 before you even find someone who can tell you where to get  a spork.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #171 on: August 22, 2014, 09:30:18 PM »
And if you were looking for Chinese, that wouldn't be a bad plan. But if you're looking for people carrying porcelain chopsticks, then stopping every Chinese person you see isn't a good plan. Especially when it turns out you have to stop 200 Chinese people before you find a pair of chopsticks. 50 before you even find someone who can tell you where to get  a spork.

Those porcelain chopsticks are carried by Chinese men from Beijing 90+% of the time. Stopping Norwegians from New Jersey wouldn't be the best place to start. 

I do agree its unconstitutional but the logic of searching blacks and Hispanics more often is sound.
A

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #172 on: August 23, 2014, 05:08:25 AM »

And, when are you going to do something about the black crime rate?  When are you going to do something about the number of rapes committed by blacks against whites?  When are you going to riot over the disproportionate number of whites attacked, murdered and raped by blacks?

You're asking ME what I'm going to do about it? Seriously? Are you kidding me?
Are you seriously asking me what I'm going to do about Black American males who commit rape against women?

Considering the fact that any rapes you may be referring to were committed by African American Men, , and I happen to be a Jamaican Canadian woman, I would think that 2 out of 3 fits the profile a little closer than 0 out of 3. What are YOU going to do about rapes committed by YOUR countrymen & YOUR gender.

And secondly, I don't riot, ...that's not my style. Although, if you decided to hold a demonstration denouncing that only to be greeted by tank & soldiers decked out like they were ready to take on ISIS, we'll see how calm you remain. No one is glorifying rioting, least of all me, but only a fool is unable to see why the rioting occurred given the circumstances, and the messed up way it was subsequently handled.

4900 Assault rifles and 36 mine -resistant vehicles were just gifted to Police Depts. in Ohio.
That includes State's Troopers, City police, and University police. How soon before we see another Kent State incident?

Do you really think this sort of equipment should be used to patrol & police your neighbourhoods or campuses?

I weep for your country ...cause Karma is a BIYOTCH!!!

http://www.abc22now.com/shared/news/top-stories/stories/wkef_vid_21860.shtml
w

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #173 on: August 23, 2014, 05:22:01 AM »
I can remember a time when military surplus consisted of clothing... flack jackets, fatigues & boots.
...maybe the occasional canteen, or Swiss Army knife, ...now it's freaking tanks!  ::)
w

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #174 on: August 23, 2014, 06:29:10 AM »
You're asking ME what I'm going to do about it? Seriously? Are you kidding me?
Are you seriously asking me what I'm going to do about Black American males who commit rape against women?

Considering the fact that any rapes you may be referring to were committed by African American Men, , and I happen to be a Jamaican Canadian woman, I would think that 2 out of 3 fits the profile a little closer than 0 out of 3. What are YOU going to do about rapes committed by YOUR countrymen & YOUR gender.

And secondly, I don't riot, ...that's not my style. Although, if you decided to hold a demonstration denouncing that only to be greeted by tank & soldiers decked out like they were ready to take on ISIS, we'll see how calm you remain. No one is glorifying rioting, least of all me, but only a fool is unable to see why the rioting occurred given the circumstances, and the messed up way it was subsequently handled.

4900 Assault rifles and 36 mine -resistant vehicles were just gifted to Police Depts. in Ohio.
That includes State's Troopers, City police, and University police. How soon before we see another Kent State incident?

Do you really think this sort of equipment should be used to patrol & police your neighbourhoods or campuses?

I weep for your country ...cause Karma is a BIYOTCH!!!

http://www.abc22now.com/shared/news/top-stories/stories/wkef_vid_21860.shtml

The tanks have nothing to do with the stealing.  The stealing and destruction begin before the national guard showed up. Stop making excuses for these thieves.   What are you going to do about the violence?   
A