Author Topic: Ebola now in Nigeria...how bad could this get?  (Read 7943 times)

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
Ebola now in Nigeria...how bad could this get?
« on: August 22, 2014, 09:49:48 AM »
Cases now being reported in Nigeria, which is by far africa's biggest and most crowded nation. WHO seems to be repeating that the situation is 'catastophic', 'getting out of hand', and is being 'vastly underestimated'. This is already the biggest ebola outbreak in history, and even then they say that due to africa's 'unique' conditions, that the numbers are likely greatly UNDERestimated...

Given the conditions on the ground on pretty much the whole continent, it seems possible that if an epic massive epidemic were to take place anywhere, this would be a good place for it to start, and the initial stages would look exactly how its looking now

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Ebola now in Nigeria...how bad could this get?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 09:56:16 AM »
I've learned everything I need to prepare for this ebola thing by playing the "Plague, Inc" app.

I'm going for Brutal level and moving to greenland.  Defeat virus.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 10:29:51 AM »
Eric R. Pianka (born 23 January 1939) is an American biologist, best known for his contributions to herpetology and evolutionary ecology. He is nicknamed "The Lizard Man".

Saving the Earth with Ebola

Professor Pianka said the Earth as we know it will not survive without drastic measures. Then, and without presenting any data to justify this number, he asserted that the only feasible solution to saving the Earth is to reduce the population to 10 percent of the present number.

He then showed solutions for reducing the world's population in the form of a slide depicting the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. War and famine would not do, he explained. Instead, disease offered the most efficient and fastest way to kill the billions that must soon die if the population crisis is to be solved.

Pianka then displayed a slide showing rows of human skulls, one of which had red lights flashing from its eye sockets.

AIDS is not an efficient killer, he explained, because it is too slow. His favorite candidate for eliminating 90 percent of the world's population is airborne Ebola ( Ebola Reston ), because it is both highly lethal and it kills in days, instead of years. However, Professor Pianka did not mention that Ebola victims die a slow and torturous death as the virus initiates a cascade of biological calamities inside the victim that eventually liquefy the internal organs.

After praising the Ebola virus for its efficiency at killing, Pianka paused, leaned over the lectern, looked at us and carefully said, “We've got airborne 90 percent mortality in humans. Killing humans. Think about that.”

With his slide of human skulls towering on the screen behind him, Professor Pianka was deadly serious. The audience that had been applauding some of his statements now sat silent.

After a dramatic pause, Pianka returned to politics and environmentalism. But he revisited his call for mass death when he reflected on the oil situation.

“And the fossil fuels are running out,” he said, “so I think we may have to cut back to two billion, which would be about one-third as many people.” So the oil crisis alone may require eliminating two-third's of the world's population.

How soon must the mass dying begin if Earth is to be saved? Apparently fairly soon, for Pianka suggested he might be around when the killer disease goes to work. He was born in 1939, and his lengthy obituary appears on his web site.

When Pianka finished his remarks, the audience applauded. It wasn't merely a smattering of polite clapping that audiences diplomatically reserve for poor or boring speakers. It was a loud, vigorous and enthusiastic applause.

http://www.sas.org/tcs/weeklyIssues_2006/2006-04-07/feature1p/index.html

This resulted in the Federal Bureau of Investigation interviewing Pianka in Austin.

Pianka has stated that Mims took his statements out of context and that Pianka was stating what would happen from biological principles alone if present human population trends continue, and that he was not in any way advocating for it to happen. The host of the speech, the Texas Academy of Sciences, has released a statement stating that:

"Many of Dr. Pianka's statements have been severely misconstrued and sensationalized."

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 11:05:25 AM »
Cases now being reported in Nigeria, which is by far africa's biggest and most crowded nation. WHO seems to be repeating that the situation is 'catastophic', 'getting out of hand', and is being 'vastly underestimated'. This is already the biggest ebola outbreak in history, and even then they say that due to africa's 'unique' conditions, that the numbers are likely greatly UNDERestimated...

Given the conditions on the ground on pretty much the whole continent, it seems possible that if an epic massive epidemic were to take place anywhere, this would be a good place for it to start, and the initial stages would look exactly how its looking now
If it infects enough of Africa it could really fuck the global economy.

The problem is these dumbass Africans are too fucking ignorant to listen to what needs to be done... they're breaking quarantine, claiming the west is lying to them, pillaging and raping infected patients, they have zero respect or regard for the virus and their idiocy is directly causing the virus to spread.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 11:29:30 AM »

The problem is these dumbass Africans are too fucking ignorant to listen to what needs to be done... they're breaking quarantine, claiming the west is lying to them, pillaging and raping infected patients, they have zero respect or regard for the virus and their idiocy is directly causing the virus to spread.

Lol that is exactly why africa is an ideal place for something like this to start and get out of control..conditions are perfect for it. Gotta admit i had a hearty laugh when i read the news methodically stating how the quarantine clinic was attacked by (at the time) non infected people who proceeded to loot the place, even taking blood stained sheets and matresses...just leaves one speechless. Just africa being africa. At some point the western nations have to wonder what is the point of trying to help when the above scene takes place...how can you possibly help a whole continent filled with this level of ignorance and helplessness?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 12:55:28 PM »
Lol that is exactly why africa is an ideal place for something like this to start and get out of control..conditions are perfect for it. Gotta admit i had a hearty laugh when i read the news methodically stating how the quarantine clinic was attacked by (at the time) non infected people who proceeded to loot the place, even taking blood stained sheets and matresses...just leaves one speechless. Just africa being africa. At some point the western nations have to wonder what is the point of trying to help when the above scene takes place...how can you possibly help a whole continent filled with this level of ignorance and helplessness?
Im kind of thinking the western nations are behind this as a way to wipe the indigenous out and pave way for more living soace and to take their resources.

Kinda like the Indian plague blankets on a continental scale.

If so, amd my lifestyle isnt compromised, im onboard.

Those poor bastards lives only consist of birth, extreme suffering/poverty, and early death amyway... well just cut out the whole middle part and save them the pain.

After all,  we need living space and we need their resources.

/bill gates/UN of peace

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2014, 12:57:49 PM »
Im kind of thinking the western nations are behind this as a way to wipe the indigenous out and pave way for more living soace and to take their resources.

Kinda like the Indian plague blankets on a continental scale.

If so, amd my lifestyle isnt compromised, im onboard.

Those poor bastards lives only consist of birth, extreme suffering/poverty, and early death amyway... well just cut out the whole middle part and save them the pain.

After all,  we need living space and we need their resources.

/bill gates/UN of peace

Hi, Professor Pianka!   :)

MikMaq

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2014, 04:46:42 PM »
We should start seeing fall out from last weekends raids by end of the weekend.

What kills me is that everyone is afraid to speculate on the whole thing.

The reality is this virus has been on an exponential growth curve for months now, with zero sign that things are slowing down.

Predicting 50 k cases by start of 2015 isnt at all surprising.

Really shows human nature given a direct threat people are unable to get past that its a slowl but consistently growing problem.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2014, 06:56:02 PM »

The reality is this virus has been on an exponential growth curve for months now, with zero sign that things are slowing down.

Really shows human nature given a direct threat people are unable to get past that its a slowly growing problem.

Lot of truth to this

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2014, 07:06:10 PM »

Really shows human nature given a direct threat people are unable to get past that its a slowly growing problem.

Very good post.
A

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2014, 07:39:58 PM »

Really shows human nature given a direct threat people are unable to get past that its a slowl but consistently growing problem.

I haven't been following this but what would explain folks soft-pedaling this threat.  IIRC, folks were losing their minds over the avian flu a few years ago and, correct me if I'm wrong, that seemed to be much ado about not much.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2014, 07:40:26 PM »

I'd think China's ideal scenario is it wipes out all the natives, then they can mop up the resources

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2014, 07:51:17 PM »
Africa gonna Africate.

MikMaq

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2014, 08:09:27 PM »
I haven't been following this but what would explain folks soft-pedaling this threat.  IIRC, folks were losing their minds over the avian flu a few years ago and, correct me if I'm wrong, that seemed to be much ado about not much.

Im not a conspiracy nut, but it seems to me there is a very focused threat of legal actions that the news agencies are responding too.

Its probably part of government pandemic planning, to give friendly reminders that news agencies can get sued to the ground for giving false medical advice. Medical shit isnt like the economic, political campaigns, etc, news agencies rarely speculate on medical shit without a MD as legal support.

Also the other main factor is simply that the initial news of an outbreak, desensitized people to the actual threat.

Myself personally didnt give two shits when those fellas were flown to Atlanta.

Its a cerebral issue but you have to appreciate how west africa actually functions. Most people dont know shit about these countries.

All you have to know is that these places are too poor to afford running water, let alone basic plumping, and its a area of the world where political barriers borders etc are almost non existent. Even south and east africa by comparison are very capable of maintaining quarantine. So you have a half billion people functioning as one giant petridish

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2014, 08:28:45 PM »
I've learned everything I need to prepare for this ebola thing by playing the "Plague, Inc" app.

I'm going for Brutal level and moving to greenland.  Defeat virus.

Is that the game where Madagascar is the key?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2014, 08:34:14 PM »
Is that the game where Madagascar is the key?

i never have a problem with madagascar.  Usually i get the highest scores by hiding it as long as possible - OR going all out high symptom early + cold + 2x boats, to make sure I hit greenland.  Once greenland is sick, you know you'll win.  once greenland closes ports, you lose.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2014, 09:00:48 PM »
Im not a conspiracy nut, but it seems to me there is a very focused threat of legal actions that the news agencies are responding too.

Its probably part of government pandemic planning, to give friendly reminders that news agencies can get sued to the ground for giving false medical advice. Medical shit isnt like the economic, political campaigns, etc, news agencies rarely speculate on medical shit without a MD as legal support.

Also the other main factor is simply that the initial news of an outbreak, desensitized people to the actual threat.

Myself personally didnt give two shits when those fellas were flown to Atlanta.

Its a cerebral issue but you have to appreciate how west africa actually functions. Most people dont know shit about these countries.

All you have to know is that these places are too poor to afford running water, let alone basic plumping, and its a area of the world where political barriers borders etc are almost non existent. Even south and east africa by comparison are very capable of maintaining quarantine. So you have a half billion people functioning as one giant petridish

Lol ' one giant petridish'...that would be west africa for sure

Purge_WTF

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2014, 09:03:12 PM »
I think it's just a matter of time before it reaches Europe and then North America.

MikMaq

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2014, 09:59:45 PM »
I think it's just a matter of time before it reaches Europe and then North America.
Thats such a non issue, the concern isnt biological its political. What happens when we have to start cutting down on trade to reduce the risk of transmission.

Everything is imported through unhygienic freight containers, and the volume is quite literally global. You cant search every one for stowaways nor for containment like rotten banana peels.

As quarantine becomes more stringent so does the will to circumvent it.

The real destructive force is the economic damage that happens.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2014, 10:51:11 PM »
Thats such a non issue, the concern isnt biological its political. What happens when we have to start cutting down on trade to reduce the risk of transmission.

Everything is imported through unhygienic freight containers, and the volume is quite literally global. You cant search every one for stowaways nor for containment like rotten banana peels.

As quarantine becomes more stringent so does the will to circumvent it.

The real destructive force is the economic damage that happens.

Good points, good posts.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2014, 11:05:14 PM »

Im not sure north america will be too threatened by this...it may reach europe but im not sure they will be too affected either. The unique conditions of africa are where it could really take off...extreme widespread poverty, extremely low education levels, constant hot, humid, wet, well basically just africa lol. As of now it only spreads thru fluid contact and/or dead animals/meat/putrid water and such...in n.america and europe they will be able to keep it in check.
Now if it ever becomes airborne, thats a different story...

MikMaq

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2014, 03:04:23 AM »

Pressures off guys, the liberian government decided to step up to the task and take care of this epidemic.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2014, 09:03:57 AM »
I haven't been following this but what would explain folks soft-pedaling this threat.  IIRC, folks were losing their minds over the avian flu a few years ago and, correct me if I'm wrong, that seemed to be much ado about not much.

The government and the media will blow out of proportion something insignificant like the swine flu, to distract from real, more important issues. However, when it's a real threat such as Ebola, the government and the media keep quiet.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2014, 11:51:47 AM »

Pressures off guys, the liberian government decided to step up to the task and take care of this epidemic.

Damn thats brutal..

MikMaq

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2014, 06:12:06 PM »
Damn thats brutal..
Yeah the kid with the floopy foot died afterwards apparently. Rumors floating around that there are huge shadow zones of people infected. The corrupt government doesnt wanna look innept, and the people dont trust quarantine so no one is willing to say it allowed. Apparently the quarantines are breeding grounds for infection, even the western doctors are admitting to it, but are being shushed by tptb.