Author Topic: my bi's...  (Read 1735 times)

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
my bi's...
« on: February 10, 2006, 07:15:06 AM »
frankly suck...everything else grows like a weed but my bi's just aren't getting stronger or larger!

i'm i gonna hafta do some fuckin shock therapy? massive sets til i can't feel a thing? or what? i haven't gained strength in almost 8 months....or size.

and my forearms have a little to do with it...they hurt when i do heavier curls...but that's only here and there...not everytime.

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
Re: my bi's...
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 07:35:37 AM »
I've had the same problem, except mine at least get stronger....it's just hard for them to gain size.

What has worked for me is doing hard sets of barbell curls, wide grip and close grip to work the inner and outer heads.  Then some dumbell concentration curls on a preacher bench.   THe thing with bis and tris is you really have to concentrate on contracting the muscles when you lift them more than any other bodypart in my opinion.  I really have to work them for them to be sore the next day. 

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2006, 08:01:20 AM »
i'm thinking all isolation movements for at least a month or so...i sat on the preacher and did it like so

3x40x10 dumbbell curls
3x30x10 hammer curls
reversed grip barbell curls 3x100x10
and then more curls with 20lbs to burn them out

BEFORE i worked my back. and they're very very long...they dont have much peak..but are the same thickness from the elbow to the bottom of the delt.

i rotate...tuesday i do back first then fry my bi's then thursday i do bi's first then my back.

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2006, 08:24:25 AM »
Might try doing 3 sets of reverse curls, a very over looked but outstanding exercise (elbows to the side throughout) and than 3 sets of regular BB curls but only bring the bar half way up and than down again.

The one and  one half system gives good results as does the three grip EZ bar curl. Two sets extra wide, two sets middle grip & two sets close grip (4-6 inches). Try running the rack for two cycles, this will really affect the biceps strongly. Not to many people will bitch about not being sore the next morning after that one. Though soreness has nothing to do with muscular growth. Most  arm systems can be done twice or even three times a week. Good Luck.

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2006, 08:44:12 AM »
i'm doing it twice..and after all the isolation yesterday they're feeling nice and tight...

but they dont feel blown out..yanno what i mean? i'm liking your idea of doing the half up and back down...

i also did some negatives yesterday with 40lbs...2 sets of 10...and THAT was hard.  i like the reserve grip ez bar curls..they feel good and hit my forearms well.

ignorance

• Getbig III
  • https://www.facebook.com/ResearchBodybuilding
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2006, 11:53:30 AM »
21's

Have fun!

kicker

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2006, 12:12:03 PM »
Adding brachialis-specific training is a good idea.  Reverse curls

deviant

• Getbig IV
  • C.U.N.T
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2006, 01:31:04 PM »
...everything else grows like a weed but my bi's just aren't getting stronger or larger!

Do you do chins?.....i sorted my biceps out by putting chins at the start of my arm workout, underhand grip about shoulder width apart....initially used to struggle with bodyweight but now hang weight on a belt and my arms are what people notice first now.
Back probably benefits too...try it.
C.U.N.T

osakachero

• Getbig I
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2006, 06:23:32 AM »
maybe you are over training them. 

i noticed a lot of growth when i slimmed my bicep routine down to three or four exercises.   i've found that with my biceps its a good idea to stop when you're at the maximum "pump". 

also you might wanna incorporate incline dumbbell curls.   when done right they really isolate the bicep.