Author Topic: DUP - Daily Undulating Periodisation  (Read 3456 times)

jpm101

• Getbig IV
Re: DUP - Daily Undulating Periodisation
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 09:20:22 AM »
If I'm understanding this right:

I would think that DUP would adapt better to strength and athletic training than the adding of pure muscle size for most guys. Similar protocols have been used over these many years for specialized sports goals, though mostly off season.  Could be rewarding for some, with regards to hypertrophy increases.  Who really know, if not given a try. If your new to some training concept, might want to give a try...could ever surprise yourself. There are literally dozen's of superior training systems that seem to just die out over the years.

Periodization was once very popular in lifting & BB'ing, seems to have lessen of late. But like every thing else in life, out of style for a while and back in again. Not sure why, but DUP reminds me of the old Ramping system, that did get pretty good results to a lot of men. Not only size, but strength. Seemed a very logical approach to the Periodization protocol. Reminds ne of the Wave style, though more of the heavy-light workout that actual Periodization.

The old Russian and Eastern block nations refined this similar type of system (DUP) a good 60 years ago, the results being dominating Olympic lifters and other Olympic event athletes. Their lifters, from the lightest class on, were ungodly powerful. Taking lifts like the C&J and squats, and preforming them twice, and even three times in almost daily training sessions. Their muscle thickness was unreal.

Good Luck.
F