Author Topic: Walmart employee gets stabbed taking down a thief (video)  (Read 8396 times)

Army of One

• Getbig V
Walmart employee gets stabbed taking down a thief (video)
« on: September 01, 2014, 10:41:22 AM »

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
Re: Walmart employee gets stabbed taking down a thief (video)
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 10:46:36 AM »
he got away easy with it too

Country Guy

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 10:46:58 AM »
Top notch elite security team there...  ::)

Frank Clairmonte

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM KAI GREENE #BELIEVE
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 10:50:59 AM »
Remember fellas, never put your life at risk for property of others. :)

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 11:59:45 AM »
Get the guy to the ground right away...getting stabbed for $8 an hour seems ridiculous.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 12:03:45 PM »
Get the guy to the ground right away...getting stabbed for $8 an hour seems ridiculous.

When i worked at a Safeway, we had to sign an agreement that we wouldn't chase after suspected thieves, under penalty of dismissal....so this guy will end up getting fired for his bravery most likely

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 12:06:20 PM »
Those two are going to be in a shit load of trouble.  They are not allowed to touch anyone or do anything remotely near that.  They will go to jail.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2014, 12:15:56 PM »
Way to get covered in probably junkie blood. Also, as mentioned the guy might make a chunk of change suing Walmart  >:(.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2014, 12:23:19 PM »
They work in Loss Prevention..and yes, they are allowed to physically apprehend thieves. 

I have a buddy who works for WalMart loss prevention...dude gets paid $10 an hour in California. Brutal.
A

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2014, 12:24:13 PM »
In America, the law tends to side the criminal.

Every lawyer is probably contacting this guy wanting to represent him. Walmarts total revenue is 476.294 billion dollars.  :o :o :o This guy will be a millionaire in a few months.
X

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2014, 12:24:35 PM »
Those two are going to be in a shit load of trouble.  They are not allowed to touch anyone or do anything remotely near that.  They will go to jail.

Incorrect.
A

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2014, 12:29:11 PM »
YouTube...cant believe people defend this scumbag thief. In the beginning of the vid the security punches him because he says he bit him. Then the thief stabs the security. Then bites the other security. Yet, Adonis thinks the security is in big trouble.  ::)
A

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2014, 12:34:43 PM »
YouTube...cant believe people defend this scumbag thief. In the beginning of the vid the security punches him because he says he bit him. Then the thief stabs the security. Then bites the other security. Yet, Adonis thinks the security is in big trouble.  ::)

True Adonis was not speaking from a moralistic point of view. But from what is allowed by law. Security guards do have limited abilities as to what they can and cannot do, which is much different than police officers. If they put their hands on the thief first, and they were not allowed to, then he may have a case.
X

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2014, 12:54:44 PM »
True Adonis was not speaking from a moralistic point of view. But from what is allowed by law. Security guards do have limited abilities as to what they can and cannot do, which is much different than police officers. If they put their hands on the thief first, and they were not allowed to, then he may have a case.

In California we are allowed to make arrests for felonies as well as certain misdemeanors such as petty theft. If you resist then we can use the necessary force to apprehend and subdue you. If you resist even for petty theft the charges pressed will be automatically bumped up to felony burglary, and assault if applicable.

Keep in mind the DA, prosecutors and good society in general dont take too kindly to thievery.

Also, this thought that loss prevention won't chase you outside the store is a dated company policy not law. Businesses are getting tougher of thieves because it makes a significant dent in profits and it creates problems with employee and customer safety when you allow criminals to do as they please in your place of business. Parking lots are often an extension of the business and thus still private property so you can be chased.
Most big retailers like Wal Mart give their security the full extant of the law to do their job because if they didn't, walmart would be a loot fest.
A

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2014, 01:01:03 PM »
Incorrect.
Correct.  You don`t have a clue what you are talking about.  Only law enforcement has the power to arrest.  They cannot lay a hand on a customer, even if he did steal.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2014, 01:02:28 PM »
They are in big trouble, moron.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2014, 01:13:13 PM »
Correct.  You don`t have a clue what you are talking about.  Only law enforcement has the power to arrest.  They cannot lay a hand on a customer, even if he did steal.

Incorrect. In California I am a licensed security guard so I do have a clue. I took a mandatory state course called Power to Arrest which outlined specifics of MY authority to arrest. My authority is actually no different than that of a citizen making an arrest which is legal in California you nincompoop. The real difference is as a security hired by a business I am acting as an agent on behalf of that business and thus private property laws come into effect. Think of it as you defending your own house and property Adam, because that's essentially what it is.

You'd probably defend Joe Horn but not Walmarts right to protect its property?
A

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2014, 01:15:00 PM »
AP09 is Walmart's policy on dealing with shoplifters.  In it, it states  "If a weapon comes out, however, associates must "disengage" and "withdraw."

It also states that only non-aggressive methods are to be used.  They are fucked.

Here is the policy so morons like Wolfox can educate themselves:

http://media.bonnint.net/slc/2489/248982/24898223.pdf

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2014, 01:17:07 PM »
Incorrect. In California I am a licensed security guard so I do have a clue. I took a mandatory state course called Power to Arrest which outlined specifics of MY authority to arrest. My authority is actually no different than that of a citizen making an arrest which is legal in California you nincompoop. The real difference is as a security hired by a business I am acting as an agent on behalf of that business and thus private property laws come into effect. Think of it as you defending your own house and property Adam, because that's essentially what it is.

You'd probably defend Joe Horn not Walmarts right to protect its property?
::)
You do not have any powers that I do not have as a normal citizen, shit for brains.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2014, 01:19:53 PM »
AP09 is Walmart's policy on dealing with shoplifters.  In it, it states  "If a weapon comes out, however, associates must "disengage" and "withdraw."

It also states that only non-aggressive methods are to be used.  They are fucked.

Here is the policy so morons like Wolfox can educate themselves:

http://media.bonnint.net/slc/2489/248982/24898223.pdf

The weapon was concealed. And because they were already in close quarters with the suspect they needed to secure the weapon for their own safety.

I don't give a shit about walmarts policy btw. They did the right thing and legally they will not be in trouble.
A

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2014, 01:21:06 PM »
They broke just about every Walmart Policy written in their manual.

If I was the guy who got beat up, I would certainly get criminal charges for assault, battery, false imprisonment and whatever else would easily fit this situation.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2014, 01:21:53 PM »
The weapon was concealed. And because they were already in close quarters with the suspect they needed to secure the weapon for their own safety.

I don't give a shit about walmarts policy btw. They did the right thing and legally they will not be in trouble.

You don`t have a clue what you are talking about.  Sounds like your Security Guard Certificate needs to be revoked.   :D

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2014, 01:23:22 PM »
You do not have any powers that I do not have as a normal citizen,

You must be an illiterate fool because that's exactly what I said.

I understand the Carolinas aren't known for their intellect but this is basic reading comprehension, you nincompoop.
A

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2014, 01:28:25 PM »
You must be an illiterate fool because that's exactly what I said.

I understand the Carolinas aren't known for their intellect but this is basic reading comprehension, you nincompoop.
Meltdown.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2014, 01:29:20 PM »

You don`t have a clue what you are talking about.  Sounds like your Security Guard Certificate needs to be revoked.   :D

But then I'd be unemployed like you.  :-[
A