Author Topic: Spider curls  (Read 95183 times)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Spider curls
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2014, 02:21:32 PM »
Chaos... People apparently still take you seriously...

My original account is in timeout... My 2 gimmicks were the Dicki_Nurmom and ~flour~ accounts... Both of which are out of commission.

The WOOO account was originally called gliya but was renamed in 2007 with Ron's help...

Maybe I'll breakout the photoshop again... Lots of chaos pictures floating around thanks to another McGill alum...
Why anyone would take chaos seriously.... ::) :D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2014, 02:32:31 PM »
the secret to big arms is doing as many weird bicep exercises as possible

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2014, 02:52:47 AM »
Tried these the other day, the amount of weight to perform them correctly is pretty humbling... Probly why they aren't so popular
They really do take a lot of other muscles out of it. As close to isolation as you can get. still like you wrote most people go more for other exercises such as  cable curls. On the other side how many guys do close undergrip chins for Biceps? I gave a woman pulldowns with this grip on a full body workout a few months back and she said she loves it... A great Bicep pre-exhaust is preacher curls+close grip chins.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2014, 08:57:38 AM »
With a majority of BB'ing exercises, you can make a 10lb DB feel like a 100lbs, when accounting for the exercise system/style, performance or leverage. Even  a twist of the wrist, different hand gripping, the path of the elbows during a movement can make a difference. Remembering that BB'ing is not a strength challenge, the old adage that get stronger and muscle size will follow is not always correct. Old motto in BB'ing  was "more blood, more muscle" which the classic BB'ers of the 60's & 70's knew all too well.

When you see a massive Pro doing set after set of twelve and a half lb DB laterals (even getting out of breath doing them...which I have witnessed first hand) you got to take into account  his success. Though spending $8- to 12 thousand a year for "helpers" has to be taken into consideration. Most of his reps were the swinging up kind, lot of body English..which most of the larger men do in most any exercise.

Being humbled by old man weights, used in certain exercises, can be something to overcome by most guy's.  Ego can usually delay the full potential for a lot of folks. But the bottom line is results in BB'ing, no matter the workout system used......light, moderater or heavy.  Just have to find out what works best for you.

Good Luck.
F

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2014, 02:04:16 PM »
With a majority of BB'ing exercises, you can make a 10lb DB feel like a 100lbs, when accounting for the exercise system/style, performance or leverage. Even  a twist of the wrist, different hand gripping, the path of the elbows during a movement can make a difference. Remembering that BB'ing is not a strength challenge, the old adage that get stronger and muscle size will follow is not always correct. Old motto in BB'ing  was "more blood, more muscle" which the classic BB'ers of the 60's & 70's knew all too well.

When you see a massive Pro doing set after set of twelve and a half lb DB laterals (even getting out of breath doing them...which I have witnessed first hand) you got to take into account  his success. Though spending $8- to 12 thousand a year for "helpers" has to be taken into consideration. Most of his reps were the swinging up kind, lot of body English..which most of the larger men do in most any exercise.

Being humbled by old man weights, used in certain exercises, can be something to overcome by most guy's.  Ego can usually delay the full potential for a lot of folks. But the bottom line is results in BB'ing, no matter the workout system used......light, moderater or heavy.  Just have to find out what works best for you.

Good Luck.
blablablablablablabla

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2014, 08:09:27 PM »
blablablablablablabla

Why not post a video of yourself doing curls?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2014, 11:09:29 PM »
Why not post a video of yourself doing curls?

18" gunz curlz for dem 18 y/o girlz...

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2014, 01:25:03 AM »
They really do take a lot of other muscles out of it. As close to isolation as you can get. still like you wrote most people go more for other exercises such as  cable curls. On the other side how many guys do close undergrip chins for Biceps? I gave a woman pulldowns with this grip on a full body workout a few months back and she said she loves it... A great Bicep pre-exhaust is preacher curls+close grip chins.

I've started doing close grip curl chins a few weeks ago just out of curiosity from reading this and there a great way to hit them, I try and keep my lats out if it as much as I can, but a great movement that I've never really used

Had a few by standers having a look and asking why im doing chins for my arms, I think you have to have some development to be able to control it to make it a bicep movement and not a jerk to just get your chin over the bar

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2014, 01:42:01 AM »
I've started doing close grip curl chins a few weeks ago just out of curiosity from reading this and there a great way to hit them, I try and keep my lats out if it as much as I can, but a great movement that I've never really used

Had a few by standers having a look and asking why im doing chins for my arms, I think you have to have some development to be able to control it to make it a bicep movement and not a jerk to just get your chin over the bar
Nice.. i like them always have. Just one of those exercises you take to ;D

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2014, 03:46:39 PM »
i have to be frank... i own a preacher bench that i considered selling due to elbow pain... this movement has eliminated the issue...

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2014, 06:05:59 PM »
Other than his Nautilus equipment, If remembering right. Art Jones was big on curl grip chins and even the standard BB curl.

One of his bicep programs was close curl grip negatives, in which a fulkl 60 seconds was timed from lowering the body at the top position of the chin to the ending at the bottom.  Just needed that one set, a killer for most men. 

Doing any type of chinning, using gymnastic style rings which can turn as the biceps contracts, can be an advantage for most BB'ers.  Check out the arms of most gymnast..superior biceps and they workout most every day, doing some form of bar/ring movements.

Good Luick.
F

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2014, 06:41:50 PM »
Other than his Nautilus equipment, If remembering right. Art Jones was big on curl grip chins and even the standard BB curl.

One of his bicep programs was close curl grip negatives, in which a fulkl 60 seconds was timed from lowering the body at the top position of the chin to the ending at the bottom.  Just needed that one set, a killer for most men. 

Doing any type of chinning, using gymnastic style rings which can turn as the biceps contracts, can be an advantage for most BB'ers.  Check out the arms of most gymnast..superior biceps and they workout most every day, doing some form of bar/ring movements.

Good Luick.

1 rep... 60 seconds... gotta try it..

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2014, 09:33:38 AM »
 might try that next time I train with my brother as a non poundage related challenge, catch the cun.t off guard