Author Topic: Ray Rice - Baltimore Ravens - fired because of domestic violence  (Read 23056 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: Ray Rice cut by Ravens
« Reply #75 on: September 08, 2014, 04:42:08 PM »
I can't figure out why he married her after the whole debacle!? :o

maybe they may have a dysfunctional relationship and he did that to appease her?

f450

• Getbig IV
Re: Ray Rice plays knockout game with fiancee
« Reply #76 on: September 08, 2014, 04:48:06 PM »
Ironically when solange punched and slapped and kicked jayz it was all fun and jokes and comedy.

Thats equality for you.  ::)

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: September 08, 2014, 04:51:30 PM »
+1

When in doubt....marry a German.
Many an enlisted man has found out that was wrong as well.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2014, 04:54:55 PM »
Side note, she smacked him and spit at him.  Chicks....don't DO this shit if you don't wanna get hit back.

She SPIT on him? 

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #79 on: September 08, 2014, 04:56:55 PM »
I am betting that they did not know the elevator tape existed so they lied to Commissioner Goodell.

Now Ray Ray and the new wife can get their own Housewives of Baltimore TV show.

"See Larry, this is what happens when you fuck a guy in the ass"

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #80 on: September 08, 2014, 05:10:56 PM »
I think this video pretty much puts things in perspective

choice is an illusion

f450

• Getbig IV
« Reply #81 on: September 08, 2014, 05:19:04 PM »
What video where you watching??  They were obviously having an argument before they got on the elevator but once in he punched her or slapped her, not hard and she took a few steps toward him and then he knocked her out.  Can't defend this douche in any way.  Hope he never plays again.  No real man would ever hit a woman.  That's just the code I live by.  And I have stepped in when I've seen guys try to rough up a woman.  

Thats a faulty code. Gotta hold adults responsible for their actions. If a woman behaves like a wild animal, she should be treated like one. Just don't physically assault anyone. That goes for men,women and children. Its this attitude that leads to women eventually killing men because first they hit with fists then objects then deadly objects because there are no harsh repercussions at any stage.

Also its stupid to step in when you see a guy going at a girl... women can be evil and you don't know what she did to upset the man. What if she tried to kill his kid
or maim his kid like that crazy woman sometime back that put a lil kids hand on a hot stove and sent the vids and/or pics to the dad.

You cant always absolve women of all blame. You sir are part of the problem but I'm sure you don't see it that way

FUCK THAT.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #82 on: September 08, 2014, 05:19:23 PM »
I can't figure out why he married her after the whole debacle!? :o

Legal reasons I'm sure. Speed up the process that was already in place (they were engaged) and now she doesn't testify. Rewarding her for her silence.

Upinthemguts, do you think he stays in the community? Other than this, he seemed to be a decent guy.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: September 08, 2014, 05:19:42 PM »
She SPIT on him? 
If you look at the video, something was going on before they got into the elevator. He lunged at her as with his upper body. He was waiting for her to come to the elevators. And she waved him away, enough of incident and words were exchanged. Enough to make someone notice as she and then he, walked to the elevator. Something happened prior to that as well.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: September 08, 2014, 05:22:33 PM »
Legal reasons I'm sure. Speed up the process that was already in place (they were engaged) and now she doesn't testify. Rewarding her for her silence.

Upinthemguts, do you think he stays in the community? Other than this, he seemed to be a decent guy.
Good possibility on the first part.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #85 on: September 08, 2014, 05:46:06 PM »

No way. He was released from his contract and therefore, no longer representing the Baltimore Ravens.  There are a couple of huge billboards leading in and out of the downtown area with him promoting the M & T bank credit card. Those will be coming down, if they haven't already.

He definitely came off as a nice guy. He was great with kids. Lots of moms brought their infants to training camp to pose with Ray Rice for pictures. I know a lot of friends who have bumped into him in the city and he was more than happy to pose for pictures or sign autographs. Always walked around with a big smile on his face out in public or during games.

The timing of all of this is fucking irritating. Only 3 days rest coming off a division loss with a prime time game against the Steelers on Thursday night. It's a major distraction for the franchise. IF the Ravens start 0-2 in the division, they are in deep shit for the rest of the season.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #86 on: September 08, 2014, 06:22:23 PM »
Shouldn't this be a legal matter. Why is an employer getting involved with an employee's personal life. I mean, if you work at Whole Foods and you get charge for a domestic matter are they suppose to fire you?

If he broke the law let the legal system handle it.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: September 08, 2014, 06:28:58 PM »
Shouldn't this be a legal matter. Why is an employer getting involved with an employee's personal life. I mean, if you work at Whole Foods and you get charge for a domestic matter are they suppose to fire you?

If he broke the law let the legal system handle it.
The NFL is a business. And how it's employees conduct themselves on and off the field is representative of said business. Also, the NFL has the women's demographic to cater to. Allowing Ray Rice to play in the league after this video, would show that they condone violence to women...women who are the spouses and girlfriends of fans, and women who are fans of the various teams of the NFL. This would hurt their business. And it's also an ethical and moral decision as well. Him exerciser bad judgement is bad for the NFL and bad all around. The decision also sends a strong message that this will not be tolerated.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #88 on: September 08, 2014, 09:23:29 PM »
Roger Goodell needs to step down...However he's so fukcing overpaid (44 million a year I believe), he won't be going quietly...Everybody knows that Goodell saw the video BEFORE he gave Rice a 2 game suspension. And it's really only become such a big deal because Goodell only gave 2 games. If he would have suspended him for say 8 or 10 games, it really wouldn't have bee the big deal that it's become. Goodell dun goofed and should pay for it with his job...

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #89 on: September 08, 2014, 09:28:56 PM »
Roger Goodell needs to step down...However he's so fukcing overpaid (44 million a year I believe), he won't be going quietly...Everybody knows that Goodell saw the video BEFORE he gave Rice a 2 game suspension. And it's really only become such a big deal because Goodell only gave 2 games. If he would have suspended him for say 8 or 10 games, it really wouldn't have bee the big deal that it's become. Goodell dun goofed and should pay for it with his job...

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #90 on: September 08, 2014, 10:37:23 PM »
I think this video pretty much puts things in perspective

Holy shit, a rational woman when it comes to violence.  Who would have thought I agree wholeheartedly with Whoopi Goldberg.
V

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #91 on: September 09, 2014, 12:30:02 AM »
She slaps him before they get into the elevator.

She was looking for trouble.

blackpele

• Getbig III
« Reply #92 on: September 09, 2014, 12:36:20 AM »
Unless there is a matter of life and death you should never hit a woman, a child or an elderly person.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #93 on: September 09, 2014, 12:36:30 AM »
Radical Plato,

You are dominating this thread with the TRUTH. 8)

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #94 on: September 09, 2014, 12:41:50 AM »
The problem with this is that it will make women think that what they do and say has no consequences.

Big mistake.

If some brother is willing to lose millions to set a woman straight, what do you think some ghetto brother is willing to do to his baby mamma when she steps out of line? ???

I don't think these guys are watching the pathetic fruit loops (Anderson Cooper and Don "The Black Hole" Lemon) on CNN shouting out how terrible this was. ::)

f450

• Getbig IV
« Reply #95 on: September 09, 2014, 02:27:55 AM »
Unless there is a matter of life and death you should never hit a woman, a child or an elderly person.

again with this stupidity. You have to hold people accountable for their bad behavior. There is no protected class. If a person slaps you, you slap them back twice as hard and if you get attacked, you neutralize the threat. Too many nasty no self-control having, violent narcisistic women roaming the streets and destroying lives and civilization along with it. Thanks to men who think like you..

You never hit a lady, a lady would never give you a reason to.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: September 09, 2014, 02:45:04 AM »
I dated a bad tempered girl who had a past history of abusive relationships, where she confessed at lashing out and hitting her ex with a metal chain across the face and complained at being knocked out cold with black eyes....etc. I told her that I never hit a woman but if we ever argued and she lashed out on me hitting me I might snap and swing hard and will end the relationship on the spot. She didn't like my comment but I told her it is what it is, I demand respect end off....and I told her (half braggingly) I'm bigger  than your ex, so it's not even funny nor a good idea to drag me down that road.

That relationship was riddled with trouble and major arguments til I dumped her, but not a single physical fight was had between us.
S

Beefjake

• Getbig IV
  • Oh fuck it.
« Reply #97 on: September 09, 2014, 03:30:31 AM »
She'll file for divorce and a lawsuit for that hitting as we speak.

Much more money to be made from that than living with an ex ballplayer.

Ray Rice is going to be bankrupt in around 4 to 6 years. So she'll have to
take the money now.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #98 on: September 09, 2014, 03:33:26 AM »
She'll file for divorce and a lawsuit for that hitting as we speak.

Much more money to be made from that than living with an ex ballplayer.

Ray Rice is going to be bankrupt in around 4 to 6 years. So she'll have to
take the money now.
She wasn't married to him when this happened.  Shortly after this incident they married.
V

Beefjake

• Getbig IV
  • Oh fuck it.
« Reply #99 on: September 09, 2014, 03:54:05 AM »
But they are married now right. And now its public and he is going to be broke.