Author Topic: JFK Assassination - Dealey Plaza  (Read 13512 times)

Simple Simon

Re: JFK Assassination - Dealey Plaza
« Reply #125 on: September 19, 2014, 05:53:38 AM »
Not really, you think the guy in the mail room knows what the CEO is doing?

As for the jets, that policy has been in place since the seventies.  Four jets, buddy, not one, four.  And they almost all reached their target.  Odds are astronomical.
no but a drink with the CEOs secretary might enlighten him a touch.

Var City

• Getbig IV
  • Perennially Man-Diming
« Reply #126 on: September 19, 2014, 10:52:33 AM »
I dunno, I thought the lighting was a bit off, but I'm no photographer ;D

Lol

The photos are awesome

Hope you don't care TU and I never intend to re post ever

But I have them saved on my computer

You know from
Our PMs I am a huge history buff

I want to
Visit this location more than quite literally anywhere in the world

Why I haven't yet is beyond me.

Does anyone know if there is ANY way to
Get access to the room Oswald shot from???

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: September 19, 2014, 12:06:05 PM »
Lol

The photos are awesome

Hope you don't care TU and I never intend to re post ever

But I have them saved on my computer

You know from
Our PMs I am a huge history buff

I want to
Visit this location more than quite literally anywhere in the world

Why I haven't yet is beyond me.

Does anyone know if there is ANY way to
Get access to the room Oswald shot from???

There's a sign on the museum (the former book depository) warning you, before you buy tickets, that the 6th floor is off limits. Might be a recent development because Princess L said she had access to the room on a previous visit.

Overheard someone say the floor is now occupied by a business or something, which doesn't seem to make sense. Sorry, brother.

Var City

• Getbig IV
  • Perennially Man-Diming
« Reply #128 on: September 19, 2014, 12:46:22 PM »
There's a sign on the museum (the former book depository) warning you, before you buy tickets, that the 6th floor is off limits. Might be a recent development because Princess L said she had access to the room on a previous visit.

Overheard someone say the floor is now occupied by a business or something, which doesn't seem to make sense. Sorry, brother.

Ugh that's so dissapointing to me

Because I (weirdly enough) was on the phone with my pops in sweden yesterday and i mentioned that I had seen some new photos of present day location

(i did not mention it was from get big. he is the type who would acutally come here, figure out who i am, then call me and be like "i know").

anyway, my pops told me he visited the ROOM oswald shot from in the 90s and he thought it was still open

unfortunately i just did a google search to verify this... and there is NO explanation. but for now (and the future, again with no explanation) they have closed that off

and i don't think that's cool. because i was doing some logistical search stuff to actually book a trip for myself and my twin to roll down there. we both want to see the site finally. our dad has been talking about it since we were born literally.

this is dissapointing to me.

TU question: is it a huge tourist draw now? Or is it a kind of chill place? Can you describe the atmosphere? And any hotel to stay at you know of?

you may think i'm nuts for taking a trip to texas to see this. but i think you get it with me.  this is my exact purview. boring to some.... but i find it unbelievably enriching to visit  certain places that have significance in recent american history (9.11. excluded because ground zero was in the neighborhood of my home i grew up in).

anyway thanks.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: September 19, 2014, 03:27:38 PM »
Ugh that's so dissapointing to me

Because I (weirdly enough) was on the phone with my pops in sweden yesterday and i mentioned that I had seen some new photos of present day location

(i did not mention it was from get big. he is the type who would acutally come here, figure out who i am, then call me and be like "i know").

anyway, my pops told me he visited the ROOM oswald shot from in the 90s and he thought it was still open

unfortunately i just did a google search to verify this... and there is NO explanation. but for now (and the future, again with no explanation) they have closed that off

and i don't think that's cool. because i was doing some logistical search stuff to actually book a trip for myself and my twin to roll down there. we both want to see the site finally. our dad has been talking about it since we were born literally.

this is dissapointing to me.

TU question: is it a huge tourist draw now? Or is it a kind of chill place? Can you describe the atmosphere? And any hotel to stay at you know of?

you may think i'm nuts for taking a trip to texas to see this. but i think you get it with me.  this is my exact purview. boring to some.... but i find it unbelievably enriching to visit  certain places that have significance in recent american history (9.11. excluded because ground zero was in the neighborhood of my home i grew up in).

anyway thanks.

Not bad at all. We showed up early Sunday, and there were only a handful of folks walking around taking pictures, etc. Saw a single, small tour party with a microphoned guide, and the traffic on Elm is fairly light (even took a pic from the street). Parking ain't a problem either, 5-10 bucks, I forget.

It's strange, you're driving through downtown Dallas looking for Elm (city's like a cleaner, less-jammed L.A.), and it's building after building, just a big city, not sure where this place would fit in. Right on Elm, and after a few more blocks of big city, BAM! Just appears. Right back in '63, like nothing's changed. Immediately recognizable. It's just one block of perfectly preserved history right before the underpass/highway. Crazy.

But the museum will be a short/medium wait. Sixteen bucks or so, a few dozen in line, probably less than an hour, maybe half that. We had 1400 miles to drive, so had to bounce.

You grew up in NYC?

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #130 on: September 20, 2014, 08:53:56 AM »
You know, ive been coming to GB since 2004 and this is the first intelligent discussion ive ever seen.  Good shit. I find this JFK stuff interesting. I have ZERO facts but I dont think ONE man was smart enough to carry a plan to kill a president!

Simple Simon

« Reply #131 on: September 20, 2014, 09:08:35 AM »
You know, ive been coming to GB since 2004 and this is the first intelligent discussion ive ever seen.  Good shit. I find this JFK stuff interesting. I have ZERO facts but I dont think ONE man was smart enough to carry a plan to kill a president!
A high powered rifle and a vantage point is all it takes, why would anyone else need to be involved?

In fact its the most obvious answer, its way more obvious than a whole lot of people involved.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #132 on: September 20, 2014, 09:17:57 AM »
A high powered rifle and a vantage point is all it takes, why would anyone else need to be involved?

In fact its the most obvious answer, its way more obvious than a whole lot of people involved.

Exactly , Arkham's razor

These conspiracy theorists should watch this

I don't know where the Youtube option went  ???

Simple Simon

« Reply #133 on: September 20, 2014, 09:21:45 AM »
Exactly , Arkham's razor

I don't know where the Youtube option went  ???
Pedant I know but its Occams Razor.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #134 on: September 20, 2014, 09:37:12 AM »
Pedant I know but its Occams Razor.

lmao brain fart my son is actually playing Arkham origins and we were just talking about the game so it was in my head.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #135 on: September 21, 2014, 09:51:53 AM »

I'm having a hard time understanding why it would be off limits unless it was under some sort of maintenance temporarily or something  ???   The website doesn't indicate anything  :-\  There's lots of exhibits and memorabilia, artifacts, etc.  The area by the window is preserved/replicated to be just as it was in '63.

http://www.jfk.org/go/about

:

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: September 21, 2014, 02:46:18 PM »
I'm having a hard time understanding why it would be off limits unless it was under some sort of maintenance temporarily or something  ???   The website doesn't indicate anything  :-\  There's lots of exhibits and memorabilia, artifacts, etc.  The area by the window is preserved/replicated to be just as it was in '63.

http://www.jfk.org/go/about

Should have asked someone or taken a picture of the sign. I just assumed it had always been that way. I'll ask my brother to clear it up when he goes. Said he wanted to visit, and he's only 40 miles away now.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: September 21, 2014, 02:55:16 PM »
Now you got me curious, Princess. Just checked Yelp and recent posts describe visiting the room. No idea what's going on now.

Edit: Website says museum is actually ON the 6th floor, but we didn't take the tour. I'm totally confused now, but my mom just texted me back and confirmed that it was off limits. Thought maybe I'd misread the sign or something. Strange.

Wonder if it said you can't access the floor unless you take the tour, but we're both pretty sure that's not what we read.

Edit 2.0: Just e-mailed museum to see if they can clear my shit up.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #138 on: September 22, 2014, 06:47:25 AM »
Something's fishy.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: September 22, 2014, 02:31:18 PM »
Something's fishy.

Yep. Probably misread the sign. Haven't been emailed back.

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #140 on: September 26, 2014, 04:22:33 AM »
Exactly , Arkham's razor

I don't know where the Youtube option went  ???

Here you  go. You are right, there is lot of real facts in this video, and lot of well-founded arguments. He make the foil hat morons look just like what they are  ;D