Author Topic: Drag Curl with Curl?  (Read 22621 times)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
Drag Curl with Curl?
« on: September 17, 2014, 10:10:34 AM »
this guy does show some crazy stuff. is it a Gironda drag Curl ? A Row or a Partial curl

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Drag Curl with Curl?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 05:20:34 PM »
this guy does show some crazy stuff. is it a Gironda drag Curl ? A Row or a Partial curl

It looks to me like someone trying to make a name for himself.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 06:04:43 PM »
train like an "athelete" for biigger arms  ::)

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 09:54:35 AM »
That gentleman's bicep, in the video, is impressive due  to his small  wrist size. His bicep peak is a genetic gift, though not discounting the effort he made to bring it out.  If born with different bicep inserts/length/shape, giving more of a flat appearing bicep, than a high peak will not be obtained. Not to say a person will never have large and impressive arms through hard work and making the most of the potential he was born with.  Actually his forearms are almost as impressive.

His movements may be considered hybrids in there performance. BB'ers are always very inventive in their pursuits.

As we know, that's not a real drag curl (Gironda or any other style). Gives a extreme load on the biceps when done the right.

The rowing part, ending with a almost standing position, is a old standby for very experienced weight men. Might call it  a row-high pull combo.  Guy's can use either a curl or over hand grip. It can be a mass builder for the total back. Even the biceps.

His tricep BB extensions with a combo with the pullover could be rewarding. Actually seen this before, in a few gym's. The key to this may be the stretch from the pullover. By themselves pullovers (bent arm..as in the video) are a superior movement for the triceps. Pullovers (BB or DB) have been a favorite for me for many years. Will usually add a press off the chest each rep (pullover & press) which even adds more recruitment from the triceps, delts and pecs.

Good luck

F

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2014, 07:53:17 AM »
That gentleman's bicep, in the video, is impressive due  to his small  wrist size. His bicep peak is a genetic gift, though not discounting the effort he made to bring it out.  If born with different bicep inserts/length/shape, giving more of a flat appearing bicep, than a high peak will not be obtained. Not to say a person will never have large and impressive arms through hard work and making the most of the potential he was born with.  Actually his forearms are almost as impressive.

His movements may be considered hybrids in there performance. BB'ers are always very inventive in their pursuits.

As we know, that's not a real drag curl (Gironda or any other style). Gives a extreme load on the biceps when done the right.

The rowing part, ending with a almost standing position, is a old standby for very experienced weight men. Might call it  a row-high pull combo.  Guy's can use either a curl or over hand grip. It can be a mass builder for the total back. Even the biceps.

His tricep BB extensions with a combo with the pullover could be rewarding. Actually seen this before, in a few gym's. The key to this may be the stretch from the pullover. By themselves pullovers (bent arm..as in the video) are a superior movement for the triceps. Pullovers (BB or DB) have been a favorite for me for many years. Will usually add a press off the chest each rep (pullover & press) which even adds more recruitment from the triceps, delts and pecs.

Good luck

Pull over and press is a great exercise . demonstrated from Rich Gaspari which i posted before. The stretch does fatigue the triceps. This is why i do the POF workout for my arms. Stretch,middle, contraction.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2014, 10:13:06 AM »
Pull over and press is a great exercise . demonstrated from Rich Gaspari which i posted before. The stretch does fatigue the triceps. This is why i do the POF workout for my arms. Stretch,middle, contraction.

definitely something that i need to readd to my workouts... i tend to shy away from it due to recurring elbow issues... but they are in good shape these days (spend a lot more time warming up and stretching in my old age)

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2014, 10:39:37 AM »
Donny you are spot on.......pull over and press might be one of the finest exercises out there for the horseshoes.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2014, 11:40:44 AM »
Two versions of the Bent Arm Pullover & Press. One with a BB. The other with a pair of DB's. Either ways, a good mass builder for the upper body. Hits the lats strongly and the pecs to a lesser degree also. If having time for only one upper body movement, this just might solve the problem. The DB version allows less stress on the wrist, elbows and shoulder joints to that the BB version. Though guy's have been successful with a straight bar. Some have even used a EZ bar (wrist thing again). Believe the record for bent arm BB pullover is above the 400lb mark (probably more). 200 lb range should be within the abilities of most after a while. DB's, around the 90-100lb area.

Using just the pullover it's self (no press) can give exceptional results to most guys. Straight arm pullovers also have their merit. Doing them first for a few sets, than sets of the bent arm variety can also be done (or SS...whatever). Going to get a fuller stretch with the bent arm version and with less stress on the elbows. With any style pullover, it's the stretch that is an important key to the muscle building qualities.

The Pullover & Press have been a favorite of mine since a teenager and have suggested it since coming on GB. My best gains, by far, is when I began doing pullovers right after a heavy sets of 20 rep breathing squats in high school. Got me in football shape quickly, developing stamina (endurance plus strength) at a higher level. Great for adding true muscle mass as a rather rapid rate.

Good Luck.

F

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2014, 04:10:36 PM »
Two versions of the Bent Arm Pullover & Press. One with a BB. The other with a pair of DB's. Either ways, a good mass builder for the upper body. Hits the lats strongly and the pecs to a lesser degree also. If having time for only one upper body movement, this just might solve the problem. The DB version allows less stress on the wrist, elbows and shoulder joints to that the BB version. Though guy's have been successful with a straight bar. Some have even used a EZ bar (wrist thing again). Believe the record for bent arm BB pullover is above the 400lb mark (probably more). 200 lb range should be within the abilities of most after a while. DB's, around the 90-100lb area.

Using just the pullover it's self (no press) can give exceptional results to most guys. Straight arm pullovers also have their merit. Doing them first for a few sets, than sets of the bent arm variety can also be done (or SS...whatever). Going to get a fuller stretch with the bent arm version and with less stress on the elbows. With any style pullover, it's the stretch that is an important key to the muscle building qualities.

The Pullover & Press have been a favorite of mine since a teenager and have suggested it since coming on GB. My best gains, by far, is when I began doing pullovers right after a heavy sets of 20 rep breathing squats in high school. Got me in football shape quickly, developing stamina (endurance plus strength) at a higher level. Great for adding true muscle mass as a rather rapid rate.

Good Luck.

i never really got the hang of the DB version... something about having my hands independant during the pullover part of the movement... oddly the hand position never felt natural compared to the ez bar