Author Topic: Ebola has come to America - CDC confirms first case.  (Read 40347 times)

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
Re: Ebola has come to America - CDC confirms first case.
« Reply #275 on: October 19, 2014, 12:07:14 PM »
Well...............

all of this means nothing if nobody can tell me this answer!!

What is the anti-derivative of 3x +7 ?

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #276 on: October 19, 2014, 12:21:30 PM »
Well...............

all of this means nothing if nobody can tell me this answer!!

What is the anti-derivative of 3x +7 ?
It's really not even that complicated.There are big words, but it's a study so it had to be written acedemically. It really just comes down to this:

" series incidents" just means someone who was the victim of a repeated crime, like a wife being beaten by her husband several times within a year. If there were 12 beatings, the study caps it at 10. These types of crimes account for less than 4% of the incidents in the study. That's all that means. 

There were 150000 people randomly surveyed in the crime study and when the survey was broken down by race, age, sex, etc, many categories had 10 case studies or fewer. In those cases, the authors of the study warn that those number aren't really reliable.

That's it. It's no more complicated than that.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #277 on: October 19, 2014, 12:47:36 PM »
Fucking hell, no one cares.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #278 on: October 19, 2014, 01:25:37 PM »
Fucking hell, no one cares.

Maybe someone is forcing you to click on this thread?  :-\ I hope you find a way to work that out.

On another note, the issue is not that I so desparately need to be right. The issue is that Archer77 is someone who claims to be data driven and every single time I have seen him reference a study there has been a huge flaw in how he analyzed the data. The fact that he spent multiple post goading another poster about something he's guilty of is what this is about. I've never had to use statistics in a false light to make a point.

You, yourself know that it's not a matter of interpretation. No study would ever be conducted in the way he's claiming. You would never be able to make any kind of national estimates based on interviews with 10 people.  He keeps reposting the same 3 paragraphs over and over, but the reason he refuses  to actually explain those paragraphs is because he knows they don't have anything to do with what he's supposed to be talking about. I explained those paragraphs line by line and he still hasn't told me how my explanation was wrong. 8)

If you don't care, that's fine. Everything's not about you.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #279 on: October 19, 2014, 02:07:09 PM »
Maybe someone is forcing you to click on this thread?  :-\ I hope you find a way to work that out.

On another note, the issue is not that I so desparately need to be right. The issue is that Archer77 is someone who claims to be data driven and every single time I have seen him reference a study there has been a huge flaw in how he analyzed the data. The fact that he spent multiple post goading another poster about something he's guilty of is what this is about. I've never had to use statistics in a false light to make a point.

You, yourself know that it's not a matter of interpretation. No study would ever be conducted in the way he's claiming. You would never be able to make any kind of national estimates based on interviews with 10 people.  He keeps reposting the same 3 paragraphs over and over, but the reason he refuses  to actually explain those paragraphs is because he knows they don't have anything to do with what he's supposed to be talking about. I explained those paragraphs line by line and he still hasn't told me how my explanation was wrong. 8)

If you don't care, that's fine. Everything's not about you.
The content of this thread is about ebola. Not a about your incessent need to prove to Archer that hes wrong.

A couple posts, fine, whatever. But you guys have sucked up pages of space arguing about stuff that no one else cares about, forcing us to wade through the BS to actually find info on the issue that the thread was actually started about.

Hell, if it started a meaningful argument that people were interested in, fine. But its not. Its just you two. Over and over.

Christ, make your own thread already, so you two can argue in peace without hijacking a legitimate thread for your bitch fest.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #280 on: October 19, 2014, 02:38:16 PM »
The content of this thread is about ebola. Not a about your incessent need to prove to Archer that hes wrong.

A couple posts, fine, whatever. But you guys have sucked up pages of space arguing about stuff that no one else cares about, forcing us to wade through the BS to actually find info on the issue that the thread was actually started about.

Hell, if it started a meaningful argument that people were interested in, fine. But its not. Its just you two. Over and over.

Christ, make your own thread already, so you two can argue in peace without hijacking a legitimate thread for your bitch fest.

You want to argue about ebola? how about it's not all that infective, come at me.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #281 on: October 19, 2014, 06:45:54 PM »
Given the pressure to act and apparent urgency to calm the public over the Ebola pandemic, it is likely no surprise to hear that President Obama decided to play a quick round of golf (for 5 hours) Saturday morning before arranging a late evening meeting convening "members of his national security and public health teams to update him on the response to the domestic Ebola cases," according to The Daily News. "The meeting concluded with a discussion of broader steps to increase the preparedness of our health sector nationwide," which one would imagine the newly appointed Ebola Czar would be directing - think again!

The full list of everyone who attended, according to the White House, is:

The Vice President
Chuck Hagel, Secretary of Defense
Sylvia Burwell, Secretary of Health and Human Services
Jeh Johnson, Secretary of Homeland Security
Denis McDonough, Chief of Staff
Shaun Donovan, Director of the Office of Management and Budget
Susan Rice, National Security Advisor
Neil Eggleston, Counselor to the President
Antony Blinken, Deputy National Security Advisor
Lisa Monaco, Assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism
Thomas Frieden, Director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Katie Beirne Fallon, Director of the Office of Legislative Affairs
Benjamin Rhodes, Deputy National Security Advisor for Strategic Communications and Speechwriting
Jennifer Palmieri, Director of Communications
Anita Decker Breckenridge, Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations
Suzanne George, Executive Secretary and Chief of Staff of the National Security Council
Rand Beers, Deputy Assistant to the President for Homeland Security
Brian Egan, Deputy Counsel to the President
Colin Kahl, National Security Advisor to the Vice President
Ron Klain, who was appointed Ebola Czar on Friday by Obama, is not on this list... and this is the second meeting in as many days that the man in charge of 'implementing a solution'.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #282 on: October 20, 2014, 07:12:05 AM »

Naw. Threads go off-topic, conversations die down, even if they take a few pages. It was the weekend, so it went on maybe longer than it would have on a weekday. I pointed out how Archer doesn't know shit about "facts"... and he responded by proving he doesn't know shit about facts... in a thread in which he spent multiple posts trashing another member for exactly that! :o So, of course I drove it home. Did I think it was going to embarrass him off the board or keep him from posting wrong shit in the future? Nope. This has happened before and pretty much no one cares if they are not involved in the conversation. He'll just continue posting, everything he posts will be inaccurate- like it's always been- and if it's a thread that interests me, I'll point it out.  I just thought it was hilarious and wanted to see how many times he would change his story or pretend he didn't understand what I'd written in an effort to save face. Because he's so "data driven" ;)

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #283 on: October 20, 2014, 07:12:59 AM »
Given the pressure to act and apparent urgency to calm the public over the Ebola pandemic, it is likely no surprise to hear that President Obama decided to play a quick round of golf (for 5 hours) Saturday morning before arranging a late evening meeting convening "members of his national security and public health teams to update him on the response to the domestic Ebola cases," according to The Daily News. "The meeting concluded with a discussion of broader steps to increase the preparedness of our health sector nationwide," which one would imagine the newly appointed Ebola Czar would be directing - think again!

The full list of everyone who attended, according to the White House, is:

The Vice President
Chuck Hagel, Secretary of Defense
Sylvia Burwell, Secretary of Health and Human Services
Jeh Johnson, Secretary of Homeland Security
Denis McDonough, Chief of Staff
Shaun Donovan, Director of the Office of Management and Budget
Susan Rice, National Security Advisor
Neil Eggleston, Counselor to the President
Antony Blinken, Deputy National Security Advisor
Lisa Monaco, Assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism
Thomas Frieden, Director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Katie Beirne Fallon, Director of the Office of Legislative Affairs
Benjamin Rhodes, Deputy National Security Advisor for Strategic Communications and Speechwriting
Jennifer Palmieri, Director of Communications
Anita Decker Breckenridge, Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations
Suzanne George, Executive Secretary and Chief of Staff of the National Security Council
Rand Beers, Deputy Assistant to the President for Homeland Security
Brian Egan, Deputy Counsel to the President
Colin Kahl, National Security Advisor to the Vice President
Ron Klain, who was appointed Ebola Czar on Friday by Obama, is not on this list... and this is the second meeting in as many days that the man in charge of 'implementing a solution'.

This literally made me laugh out loud. I kind of love that he did this.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #284 on: October 20, 2014, 07:15:30 AM »
This literally made me laugh out loud. I kind of love that he did this.

The Golf for 5 hours?  ;)

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #285 on: October 20, 2014, 07:21:50 AM »
The Golf for 5 hours?  ;)

With people dropping like flies he should be focused on Ebola.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #286 on: October 20, 2014, 07:29:04 AM »
Whats the death toll of this International Pandemic Outbreak in the US?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #287 on: October 20, 2014, 07:29:27 AM »
With people dropping like flies he should be focused on Ebola.

He should be focused on avoiding prison, avoiding a life of homelessness, post divorce from the Mobacca Yeti, life in the Kenyan village where he belongs in 2017, etc

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #288 on: October 20, 2014, 07:50:03 AM »
The Golf for 5 hours?  ;)

The whole thing, actually. He hired an ebola czar that Republicans hate and then doesn't invite him to ebola meetings.  :D

He's said it time and time again. The worry is not here, it's in West Africa. Our focus should be on international relief of ebola. Ebola is a worry and there will be more cases, but there are so many factors that would prevent it from becoming an epidemic here.  The bigger worry is it raging out of control in West Africa indefinitely. Closing the borders is a completely laughable solution.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #289 on: October 20, 2014, 07:50:26 AM »
Second Nurse To Contract Ebola Retains High-Profile Attorney
Ap via CBS ^  | 10/20/14

Posted on ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2014‎ ‎10‎:‎41‎:‎26‎ ‎AM by Enlightened1

Amber Vinson, the second nurse in Dallas to contract the Ebola virus, has retained a high-profile attorney, her family said in a statement.

(Excerpt) Read more at cleveland.cbslocal.com ...

here come the lawsuits

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #290 on: October 20, 2014, 07:55:52 AM »
Ap via CBS ^  | 10/20/14

Amber Vinson, the second nurse in Dallas to contract the Ebola virus, has retained a high-profile attorney, her family said in a statement.

here come the lawsuits

Why didn't you post more of the story. She claims the CDC lied about her being negligent. She says she expressed concern to officials about ebola over and over before flying to Ohio.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #291 on: October 20, 2014, 07:59:50 AM »
Why didn't you post more of the story. She claims the CDC lied about her being negligent. She says she expressed concern to officials about ebola over and over before flying to Ohio.

I have no doubt the Obama CDC lied to us - they always do

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #292 on: October 20, 2014, 08:41:56 AM »
Ap via CBS ^  | 10/20/14

here come the lawsuits

Shit, I bet she's getting sued like crazy for putting her dumb ass on a plane with ebola.  Two ohio elementary schools where my brother live were shut down for a week thanks to her selfish ass. 

"I've been exposed to ebola, I know it, but I already bought plane tickets, so let's just endanger the lives of others..."

I bet everyone on that plane is considering suing her for it.
And I bet she is suing the hospital.

IMO, if the hospital did their job when the dead guy FIRST went there with symptoms, or trip #2 and 3, then maybe this isn't the mess it is.  That hospital fcked up bigtime.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #293 on: October 20, 2014, 11:16:41 AM »

Shit, I bet she's getting sued like crazy for putting her dumb ass on a plane with ebola.  Two ohio elementary schools where my brother live were shut down for a week thanks to her selfish ass. 

"I've been exposed to ebola, I know it, but I already bought plane tickets, so let's just endanger the lives of others..."

I bet everyone on that plane is considering suing her for it.
And I bet she is suing the hospital.

IMO, if the hospital did their job when the dead guy FIRST went there with symptoms, or trip #2 and 3, then maybe this isn't the mess it is.  That hospital fcked up bigtime.
Not to mention if the CDC told her she was fine, and she wasnt... well... incompetence all around.

Of course, anyone who has ever worked for .gov shouldnt be surprised, after all, the US gov is a machine of i competence, waste, and inefficiency.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #294 on: October 20, 2014, 02:04:29 PM »
Whats the death toll of this International Pandemic Outbreak in the US?

bump

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #295 on: October 20, 2014, 02:21:40 PM »
bump

That sounds pretty shortsighted.  You cannot get a hangnail by sitting next to someone who has a hangnail.  We're talking about a highly contagious disease with an astronomically high kill rate and no cure.  And our government has been acting like a bunch of scatterbrains.  Of course we should be worried about this.  I certainly am.  

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #296 on: October 20, 2014, 02:23:13 PM »

but bro, all in all, the reality doesnt match the hysteria.

and how this turned political is beyind me

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #297 on: October 20, 2014, 02:43:10 PM »
but bro, all in all, the reality doesnt match the hysteria.

and how this turned political is beyind me

I don't think there should be hysteria.  I'm not hysterical.  But genuine concern?  Absolutely.  This stuff is no joke. 

It shouldn't be political, but given that the CDC, the president, and Congress are all involved in some way, then it's only natural that there will be political sniping and blaming.  The most outrageous thing I've seen is this:

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #298 on: October 23, 2014, 06:55:18 PM »
Now in NYC.    FNG great

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #299 on: October 23, 2014, 07:01:06 PM »
I don't think there should be hysteria.  I'm not hysterical.  But genuine concern?  Absolutely.  This stuff is no joke. 

It shouldn't be political, but given that the CDC, the president, and Congress are all involved in some way, then it's only natural that there will be political sniping and blaming.  The most outrageous thing I've seen is this:

I thought it was pretty good.