Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS: 1st case of Ebola virus diagnosed in the United States  (Read 28777 times)

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
Re: BREAKING NEWS: 1st case of Ebola virus diagnosed in the United States
« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2014, 10:47:57 PM »
Well that took about 5 minutes.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2014, 05:49:47 AM »
Wait didn't Obama just say two weeks ago it's unlikely to hit here in the United States  ::)

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2014, 05:56:07 AM »
Listened to the CDC and Texas doctor's press conference last night and one of the doctors said something about taking the correct precautions and "the air that we all breathe"....it was as much a figure of speech as anything I think - but then one of the other doctors corrected him and insisted this wasn't airborne. Highly unusual for a doctor to correct another like that...really stuck out. I would be shitting bricks if I had any chance of sharing geography with this case.

muscleman-2013

• Getbig V
  • Team Trump
« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2014, 06:00:57 AM »
Hey guys, I posted this shit was coming to the US back on September 17.

Here is my post:

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=550558.msg7718273#msg7718273

CDC issues Ebola checklist: 'Now is the time to prepare'

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, warning hospitals and doctors that “now is the time to prepare,” has issued a six-page Ebola “checklist” to help healthcare workers quickly determine if patients are infected, the Washington Examiner reports.

While the CDC does not believe that there are new cases of Ebola in the United States, the assumption in the checklist is that it is only a matter of time before the virus hits home.

For example, one part reads: “Encourage healthcare personnel to use a ‘buddy system’ when caring for patients.”

Ψ

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2014, 06:02:21 AM »
I'm hoping it spreads to Detroit, Chicago and Baltimore.   Nature needs to do some house cleaning.
A

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2014, 06:02:37 AM »
Nothing to worry about. Can't transmit airborne. Only an idiot who comes into contact with bodily fluids can get it.

muscleman-2013

• Getbig V
  • Team Trump
« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2014, 06:04:39 AM »
Nothing to worry about. Can't transmit airborne. Only an idiot who comes into contact with bodily fluids can get it.

What about the infected international aid workers?
Ψ

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2014, 06:05:21 AM »
What about the infected international aid workers?

Clearly not using proper universal precautions.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2014, 06:19:42 AM »
Listened to the CDC and Texas doctor's press conference last night and one of the doctors said something about taking the correct precautions and "the air that we all breathe"....it was as much a figure of speech as anything I think - but then one of the other doctors corrected him and insisted this wasn't airborne. Highly unusual for a doctor to correct another like that...really stuck out. I would be shitting bricks if I had any chance of sharing geography with this case.
Terrifying

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2014, 06:45:59 AM »
Highly unusual for a doctor to correct another like that...really stuck out.

Very true, doctors rarely if ever correct another. Lawyers on the other hand....

Fact of the matter is the president's agencies were once again not doing their jobs. Even Nigeria has men that screen people coming into the country for fever and possible Ebola signs.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2014, 06:50:02 AM »
Terrifying

This thing has already mutated into different strains by location in Africa. The more new hosts that it sees the better the chance that it becomes biologically more diverse. Ebola with a longer life outside of a host or taking longer to kill a host in order to spread longer are not as dangerous as a true airborne strain; but just those type of mutations would make it deadly in the USA. This idea that only Africa can get this because they have poor health conditions and sanitation is true NOW but maybe not in the future.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2014, 06:52:48 AM »
The good thing about real life, is that when a deadly disease is loosed on the Western world, the professionals dealing with it don't make a massive error to create the plot of the movie.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2014, 06:56:47 AM »
The good thing about real life, is that when a deadly disease is loosed on the Western world, the professionals dealing with it don't make a massive error to create the plot of the movie.

They also don't react like backwards idiots.  I'm sure 24IQ would agree with the villagers.

When Guinean government officials visited the village of Womme in the country’s southeast, they planned to educate people about Ebola and show them how to avoid it — in a region where many still believe the virus doesn’t exist.

But it all went disastrously wrong.

Villagers responded furiously, pelting the delegation with stones and beating the visitors with clubs, according to Guinean radio. The delegation, which included doctors and journalists, fled into the bush after the attack Tuesday.

Ebola crisis
Healthcare workers from Doctors Without Borders prepare isolation and treatment areas for Ebola patients in Gueckedou, Guinea. (Doctors Without Borders)
The Guinean government said Thursday that eight delegation members had been killed, including several journalists, news agencies reported. There also were reports that 21 people had been injured.

“It's very sad and hard to believe, but they were killed in cold blood by the villagers,” government spokesman Albert Damantang Camara said, according to Agence France-Presse.

A local police officer, Richard Haba, said the villagers believed that Ebola “is nothing more than an invention of white people to kill black people

http://www.latimes.com/world/africa/la-fg-attack-ebola-guinea-outreach-20140918-story.html
A

muscleman-2013

• Getbig V
  • Team Trump
« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2014, 07:00:32 AM »
Papua New Guineans are one of the most backward people on earth.  They still practice cannibalism over there, and will kill you if you accidentally run over one of their livestock in your car.

edit:

I see you were talking about Guinea Africa...
Ψ

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #64 on: October 01, 2014, 07:05:31 AM »
Papua New Guineans are one of the most backward people on earth.  They still practice cannibalism over there, and will kill you if you accidentally run over one of their livestock in your car.

edit:

I see you were talking about Guinea Africa...

We are damned if we help and damned if we don't.   
A

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #65 on: October 01, 2014, 07:09:07 AM »
At least if you get Ebola maybe you can get a script for pharmaceutical gh.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2014, 08:35:40 AM »
Some reports out there that this case went to a doctor the 26th and sent back home, then went to the hospital on the 30th....that's 4 days of contamination if true.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: October 01, 2014, 09:47:48 AM »
Second Ebola Case in Dallas Now:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/10/01/texas-ebola-patient/16525649/

Someparts, go to drudgereport.com
There was a story on there where the Dallas Ebola guy came in on the 20th I believe started to feel sick on the 24th then went to hospital actually on the 28th.
So I think they said 8 days of trying to track his steps. Also, people on the plane he was on are being located.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #68 on: October 01, 2014, 10:03:04 AM »
Second Ebola Case in Dallas Now:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/10/01/texas-ebola-patient/16525649/

Someparts, go to drudgereport.com
There was a story on there where the Dallas Ebola guy came in on the 20th I believe started to feel sick on the 24th then went to hospital actually on the 28th.
So I think they said 8 days of trying to track his steps. Also, people on the plane he was on are being located.
Nothing to worry about, the virus burns to fast, its too lethal, it wont spread.

Oh, it keeps spreading. And everytime a patient pops up in an area, suddenly more start appearing.

This is something to be concerned with.

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: October 01, 2014, 10:43:54 AM »
Ebola patient timeline:

Sept 19: Departed Liberia
Sept 20: Arrived in the US
Sept 24: Began feeling sick
Sept 28: Hospitalized in Dallas

Time to pull security cam footage, and drop a net over over anyone that had more than a bit of close contact with him....

Stupid. Just think how many airplanes he has sit, how many people he have meet in the airports, and in other transports. Is there straight flight from Liberia to Dallas? I don't think so. How many has used same toilet, touch same doorknob etc. At the my point of view, you guys are fucked. You can start the countdown, there will be burst of new patients quite soon, and you will learn why the FEMA have stock up those millions of coffins  ;D

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #70 on: October 01, 2014, 10:47:41 AM »
Yahoo says that they are keeping tabs on children that the infected came in contact with (in Texas)

Could this be a terror attack?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #71 on: October 01, 2014, 11:14:20 AM »
Yahoo says that they are keeping tabs on children that the infected came in contact with (in Texas)

Could this be a terror attack?
No, just more idiocy.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #72 on: October 01, 2014, 11:24:56 AM »
Nothing to worry about, the virus burns to fast, its too lethal, it wont spread.

Oh, it keeps spreading. And everytime a patient pops up in an area, suddenly more start appearing.

This is something to be concerned with.

I had to write to FEMA to get all of my certs (I had forgotten about some of them) and there it was: Biological Response. I am supposed to know what to do in the event of a Ebola outbreak. But nobody said that my family was going to be around. Fuck that. Going into the bunker.

MikMaq

« Reply #73 on: October 01, 2014, 12:22:38 PM »
All I can is thank god, my school program has a direct connection to preventative measures applications. If this gets moderately bad it's gonna fuck up the job market for alot of ya.

cart@@n

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2014, 12:45:11 PM »
Stock markets drop on Ebola fears.

U.S. stocks were down more than 1 percent in late afternoon trading on Wednesday as the first diagnosis of Ebola in a patient in the United States spooked investors and pressured shares of airlines and other transportation names.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/10/01/us-markets-stocks-idUSKCN0HQ3RE20141001