Author Topic: What is your opinion on work pensions?  (Read 4205 times)

The Ugly

• Getbig V
Re: What is your opinion on work pensions?
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2014, 02:51:08 PM »
On and on and on. And on again.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2014, 03:04:39 PM »
I put 10 years in the Florida Court System. I will get about 600 a month when I decide to take it.

scottt

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2014, 03:25:38 PM »
Firefighter and police retirements are state retirement plans.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2014, 03:30:14 PM »
The average Social Security award is a little over $15K a year. It would be pretty difficult for anyone to survive today on such a meager amount of money. This is why folks are encouraged to save or invest for their own retirement. Unfortunately, the bulk of the population fail to do this. The average retirement savings in the U.S. is currently less then $20K with a large sector having less then $5k in retirement savings. Personally, I would barely make it a month on 5K.

What's funny about this is I've learned the ones showing off how much money they have have the least amount saved. I'm glad my parents were immigrants and taught me about saving!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2014, 04:09:01 PM »
On and on and on. And on again.

It's not my problem that some of you have the attention span of a gnat.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2014, 04:09:27 PM »
My employer pay both

$ 10.75 to my pension
$ 3.50  to my 401k

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2014, 04:11:41 PM »
It's not my problem that some of you have the attention span of a nat.
Its gnat.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2014, 04:13:03 PM »
My employer pay both

$ 10.75 to my pension
$ 3.50  to my 401k

I assume you are speaking hourly. What percentage of you income do they pay? Where I worked the employer paid around 8% and the employee contribution was set at 6%. Employer contributions vary depending on a variety of conditions.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2014, 04:15:35 PM »
I assume you are speaking hourly. What percentage of you income do they pay?

Hourly

What do you mean ?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2014, 04:19:08 PM »
Its gnat.

Thanks for catching my error.

It's, it's for it is, BTW.

"Its vs. It’s

Rule 1: When you mean it is or it has, use an apostrophe.

Examples:
 It’s a nice day.
 It’s your right to refuse the invitation.
 It’s been great getting to know you.

Rule 2: When you are using its as a possessive, don’t use the apostrophe.

Examples:
 The cat hurt its paw.
 The furniture store celebrated its tenth anniversary.

Note: From what we understand, the possessive was also written it’s until a couple of hundred years ago. While we don’t know for certain, it is possible that the apostrophe was dropped in order to parallel possessive personal pronouns like hers, theirs, yours, ours, etc.”

http://data.grammarbook.com/blog/pronouns/1-grammar-error/

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2014, 04:26:18 PM »
Thanks for catching my error.

It's, it's for it is, BTW.

Its vs. It’s

Rule 1: When you mean it is or it has, use an apostrophe.

Examples:
 It’s a nice day.
 It’s your right to refuse the invitation.
 It’s been great getting to know you.

Rule 2: When you are using its as a possessive, don’t use the apostrophe.

Examples:
 The cat hurt its paw.
 The furniture store celebrated its tenth anniversary.

Note: From what we understand, the possessive was also written it’s until a couple of hundred years ago. While we don’t know for certain, it is possible that the apostrophe was dropped in order to parallel possessive personal pronouns like hers, theirs, yours, ours, etc.”

I will genuinely be sad when you pass away.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2014, 04:30:10 PM »
Hourly

What do you mean ?

For example, if your employer is paying $10.75 an hour and your hourly wage is $90 an hour, they are paying approximately 12% of your hourly wage into your pension fund, which is very good. Generally, employers pay into pensions as a percentage of one's wages.  Obviously the higher your income is the higher your pension is going to be.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2014, 04:34:20 PM »
I will genuinely be sad when you pass away.

I bet you will.  ;)

When I'm gone, who's going to squabble with you over silly little grammar errors. I'd miss you too if something were to happen to you because you keep me on my toes....and there's that ever occurring gif you post on my behalf when I go into one of my long explanations.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2014, 04:47:23 PM »
It's not my problem that some of you have the attention span of a gnat.

Same defense mechanism all long-winded blowhards resort to. Has to be THEM because I'm just so damn interesting. You and Basile, always a novella to make the most obvious and mundane points.

Edit your shit, Prime. Less is more. And you should probably knock off the spelling/grammar police fuckery, too. Every post you make is littered with errors folks here are usually kind enough to ignore.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2014, 05:29:05 PM »
Pensions are yet another gravy train that my generation missed out on (for the most part) and will forever be paying for.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2014, 05:49:15 PM »
Pensions are yet another gravy train that my generation missed out on (for the most part) and will forever be paying for.

Yeah because pensions are paid out in perpetuity ::)

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2014, 05:57:30 PM »
most of us here will be dead by 65 anyway so I wouldn't worry about shit like that,my mother took out funeral insurance on me when I was 18 and so far I have made it 31 yrs past that
R

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2014, 06:13:19 PM »
The better question is why do prices keep going up forcing people resort to gimmicks and Ponzi schemes to be able to afford to retire.   It's no coincidence that the 401k and Credit card appeared on the scene after we left the gold standard in 1971.  With constant inflation and low central bank interest rates people were forced to put money into the market instead of a traditional savings account to build wealth.   If we had sound money and a real free market the cost of goods and services would decrease because businesses would be forced to extract more output from resource inputs.  Competition, absent government intervention protecting monopolies, would drive prices down.  Your purchasing power would actually increase every year making it possible to retire safely.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2014, 06:51:49 PM »
Same defense mechanism all long-winded blowhards resort to. Has to be THEM because I'm just so damn interesting. You and Basile, always a novella to make the most obvious and mundane points.

Edit your shit, Prime. Less is more. And you should probably knock off the spelling/grammar police fuckery, too. Every post you make is littered with errors folks here are usually kind enough to ignore.

The grammar comment was a joke between Shizzo and me. Where is your sense of humor? If my posts are too long for your reading comprehension abilities, don't read them. This won't bother me one bit.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2014, 07:26:43 PM »
Even government pensions will be gone by 2020... count on it. 

401k's and IRA's were designed for Wall Street, by Wall Street to skim you.  The funds take 2-5% of your money annually... that adds up to big bucks for these companies and fund managers and leaves you with a lot less by the time you retire.  Notice how the stock market started to take off after 1980... this is mainly because 401k money was pouring into the market. 

This next market crash is going to make 1929 look like a picnic... it's coming soon.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2014, 07:53:59 PM »
The grammar comment was a joke between Shizzo and me. Where is your sense of humor? If my posts are too long for your reading comprehension abilities, don't read them. This won't bother me one bit.

Nothing at all to do with Shizzo's post; you do this more than anyone should. Especially considering how often you misspell and butcher writing mechanics. It's unnecessary and prickish. And you're oblivious to humor so I really can't take that seriously; I'm sure you'll understand.

But please explain this: Why do painfully overwrought bores like you always blame criticism on short attention spans and poor reading comprehension? Is it the least bit possible that maybe your audience isn't the problem? Perhaps pouring your uninteresting (and often irrelevant) life experiences into every post is a bit tedious for the reader. Not like I'm the first to suggest this.

I was pretty ok with you for a while, but you've become increasingly bitter and boring as fuck. If I read another meaningless 'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger' or 'Time heals all wounds'-type cliche' from you, I'm gonna kick a puppy. And that's on you.

Have a wonderful evening.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2014, 08:29:01 PM »
Nothing at all to do with Shizzo's post; you do this more than anyone should. Especially considering how often you misspell and butcher writing mechanics. It's unnecessary and prickish. And you're oblivious to humor so I really can't that that seriously; I'm sure you'll understand.

But please explain this: Why do painfully overwrought bores like you always blame criticism on short attention spans and poor reading comprehension? Is it the least bit possible that maybe your audience isn't the problem? Perhaps pouring your uninteresting (and often irrelevant) life experiences into every post is a bit tedious for the reader. Not like I'm the first to suggest this.

I was pretty ok with you for a while, but you've become increasingly bitter and boring as fuck. If I read another meaningless 'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger' or 'Time heals all wounds'-type cliche' from you, I'm gonna kick a puppy. And that's on you.

Have a wonderful evening.

Please don't kick any puppies. I wouldn't want to think I drove you to violence against an innocent puppy.

Hope your evening goes well too.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2014, 08:57:01 PM »
Even government pensions will be gone by 2020... count on it. 

401k's and IRA's were designed for Wall Street, by Wall Street to skim you.  The funds take 2-5% of your money annually... that adds up to big bucks for these companies and fund managers and leaves you with a lot less by the time you retire.  Notice how the stock market started to take off after 1980... this is mainly because 401k money was pouring into the market. 

This next market crash is going to make 1929 look like a picnic... it's coming soon.

This is why I do my own IRA and it only cost me $7 a trade when I but or sell stocks within the IRA. I do better myself at picking stocks than when I use to have companies do it for me and they get 2% of my money.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2014, 09:07:52 PM »
I have several retirement accounts which I am required by law to draw funds out of beginning this next year or I have to pay penalties. -Doesn't seem right to me to get dinged for saving/investing money for a rainy day.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2014, 09:11:08 PM »
Yeah because pensions are paid out in perpetuity ::)

Yeah because that's the point I was making.   ::)

It doesn't matter though because Barry Obama has decided to punish white devils like me.  We'll all be dead from Ebola soon.