Author Topic: So much for the libtard outrage over mass shootings  (Read 18052 times)

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
So much for the libtard outrage over mass shootings
« on: October 02, 2014, 06:14:43 AM »
Ban bicycles, ladders, mountains,counters and roofs!!!!!!

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/10/01/CDC-FBI-Bicycle-And-Falling-Deaths-Far-Exceed-Deaths-From-Mass-Shootings

CDC, FBI: Bicycle and Falling Deaths Far Exceed Deaths from 'Mass Shootings'

Death statistics from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) coupled with crime statistics from the FBI show that bicycle and falling deaths far exceed deaths from "mass shootings."

For example, on September 24 the FBI released a study showing there were 64 incidents of "mass killings" (mass shootings) for the years 2000 through 2013. The gunmen in these incidents took the lives of 418 people.

Breitbart News reported that The New York Times and AP jumped all over the study, producing headlines about how "mass shootings" are on the rise and crafting stories that revolved around the attacks at Sandy Hook Elementary and the Aurora movie theater.

The 418 people who were killed over a 14-year period works out to an average of 29.8 persons a year.

To be clear, no one wants to see even one life lost to tragedy, but the mainstream media's focus on "mass shootings" to the detriment of other news where hundreds or even thousands more lives were lost is telling.

For example, the CDC bicycle-related injury report for 2010 shows that almost twice as many people died on bicycles in that one year than were killed in "mass shootings" during the 14 years studied by the FBI. Thus, while there were 418 deaths in "mass shootings" from 2000 to 2013, there were 800 deaths by bicycle in 2010 alone.

Moreover, there "were an estimated 515,000 emergency department visits" due to bicycle accidents.

And CDC death statistics for 2010 show there were 26,009 deaths from "falling" for that year alone. That's right--26,009 deaths in one year from falls from ladders, counters, roofs, mountains, etc.

There were an average of 29.8 deaths a year for 14 years from "mass shootings."

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: So much for the libtard outrage over mass shootings
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 06:21:57 AM »
Ban FIRE, FISTS and FEET!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/09/29/FBI-More-People-Murdered-With-Fire-Than-In-Mass-Shootings

FBI: More People Murdered with Fire Than in Mass Shootings

According to FBI crime statistics and the bureau's recent study on "active shooter" incidents (ACIs) in the US, far more people are murdered with fire than are killed in mass shootings.

Moreover, the number of people killed each year with "personal weapons," such as "feet" and "fists," nearly eclipses the number of people killed in mass shootings.

On September 24, the FBI released their study on ACIs showing 418 deaths in mass shootings--or "mass killings"--from 2000 to 2013. On paper, that works out to an average of 29.8 murders in mass shootings each year for those 14 years. But FBI crime stats for murder by other means show that the gap between those killed in mass shootings and those killed with more rudimentary weapons is staggering.

For example, the stats show 580 murders committed with fire from 2006 through 2011 alone. That's 162 more murders by fire in six years than the total number of murders via mass shooters for the 14-year period studied by the FBI.

Moreover, there were 4,873 murders committed with "personal weapons" like "feet" and "fists" and 10,769 murders committed with "knives and cutting instruments" from 2006 through 2011 alone. That is an average of 812 persons killed each of those years with weapons like "feet" and "fists" and an average of 1,794.8 stabbed to death annually during that same period.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 06:31:20 AM »
I wish a thumbs up emoticon was available. 
A

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 04:37:57 PM »
but guns arw lowd and scawwy!!!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2014, 05:04:57 PM »
someone let me know the next time a deranged nerd massacres a room full of school children with a bicycle and then you will have finally made a valid point with this tired old argument

btw - I'm sure even more people die of heart disease so do you suggest outlawing heart disease or perhaps the things that cause heart disease

Bear232

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2014, 08:21:09 PM »
As such...more children are killed by 5 gallon buckets than mass shootings per year.   Trampolines also kill more kids than guns per year.
The FBI also includes children deaths up to the age of 26,  go figure that one out.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2014, 08:28:27 PM »

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2014, 07:38:04 AM »
someone let me know the next time a deranged nerd massacres a room full of school children with a bicycle and then you will have finally made a valid point with this tired old argument

btw - I'm sure even more people die of heart disease so do you suggest outlawing heart disease or perhaps the things that cause heart disease

in a way we do with "sin taxes"

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2014, 07:46:04 AM »

Yes, because classrooms of children are being massacred every single day, week in and week out.

Give me a break, its such a rare occurance, yet people have a fckn freak out and try and change everything, yet if those same kids died simultaneously from, say, gettijg hit by different cars outside that classroom, no one would give a flying fuck.

We shouldn't do shit except be more vigilant in the future. You dont make sweeping policy changes t9 millions of citizens rights over a .01% chance of something happening.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2014, 08:49:28 AM »
someone let me know the next time a deranged nerd massacres a room full of school children with a

Look at this retard.

The stats don't support the gun control ideology taught to him by CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC and CBS, so he comes up with the dumbest and weakest response ever.

Moron, let me know when more people are getting killed in mass shootings than in bicycle deaths and fire and then and only THEN you might have a plausible argument for gun control.

This is the point: MASS SHOOTINGS ARE SO RARE THAT THEY ARE NOT WORTH ALL THE ATTENTION GIVEN TO IT BY THE LIBTARD MEDIA, NOR WARRANT ANY CALLS BY LIBTARDS FOR NEW GUN CONTROL LAWS OR WEAPONS BAN

Capisce, nitwit?

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2014, 12:39:53 PM »

your argument is essentially saying that you don't care to address the problem of children dying.  because you don't care if kids die.  you only care if kids get shot.  you want to address the problem of kids getting shot.........by guns.......even if you save way less children from dying because you choose to ignore the things that are actually killing the most children.  and the ONLY reason you hold this belief is because TV reports on shootings, not drownings.  shootings are exciting and people want to watch that.  people don't want to hear about kids drowning.  its boring.

I remember a long time ago reading about people in Florida who wanted to ban private swimming pools because so many kids drown every year because everyone has swimming pools.  The people fought it said that swimming pools don't kill children.  Irresponsible pool owners are the ones at fault.  Sound familiar?  The funny part is that yes swimming pools do kill a lot of kids.........just by being there........doing nothing.

in my opinion, we should first identify the things that kill the most children.  and start with those.  but that's just me.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2014, 01:51:32 PM »
your argument is essentially saying that you don't care to address the problem of children dying.  because you don't care if kids die.  you only care if kids get shot.  you want to address the problem of kids getting shot.........by guns.......even if you save way less children from dying because you choose to ignore the things that are actually killing the most children.  and the ONLY reason you hold this belief is because TV reports on shootings, not drownings.  shootings are exciting and people want to watch that.  people don't want to hear about kids drowning.  its boring.

I remember a long time ago reading about people in Florida who wanted to ban private swimming pools because so many kids drown every year because everyone has swimming pools.  The people fought it said that swimming pools don't kill children.  Irresponsible pool owners are the ones at fault.  Sound familiar?  The funny part is that yes swimming pools do kill a lot of kids.........just by being there........doing nothing.

in my opinion, we should first identify the things that kill the most children.  and start with those.  but that's just me.

dude - I love how you jump to conclusion and then assume that's what I believe

Let's  start with the fact that the "ban it" thread start with a false premise that there is some kind of support for banning guns and then they make these false and conflated comparisons with banning fire, cars, lakes, hammers, fire, fists, feet...etc...

It's an argument that idiots like to make and then congratulate themselves for being so clever

The second premise of these types of threads seems to be that if modest gun legislation can't prevent all gun violence then the only other alternative is to do nothing.   Again, a completely stupid premise

I'm not even going to waste my time any more on this thread as we've been over this same ground many times yet here we are with another
"ban it" thread

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2014, 02:21:57 PM »
dude - I love how you jump to conclusion and then assume that's what I believe

Let's  start with the fact that the "ban it" thread start with a false premise that there is some kind of support for banning guns and then they make these false and conflated comparisons with banning fire, cars, lakes, hammers, fire, fists, feet...etc...

It's an argument that idiots like to make and then congratulate themselves for being so clever

The second premise of these types of threads seems to be that if modest gun legislation can't prevent all gun violence then the only other alternative is to do nothing.   Again, a completely stupid premise

I'm not even going to waste my time any more on this thread as we've been over this same ground many times yet here we are with another
"ban it" thread

then why even make the comment that you did about a massacre of a room full of children?  you make silly comments.  then you back pedal. 

the point I try to make is that you can't legislate your way out of murders and accidental deaths.  you seem to think that you can stop mass murder by restricting the use of certain kinds of guns?  that's just fucking stupid. 

and we're all glad that you're done with this thread.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2014, 02:47:18 PM »

then why even make the comment that you did about a massacre of a room full of children?  you make silly comments.  then you back pedal.  

the point I try to make is that you can't legislate your way out of murders and accidental deaths
.  you seem to think that you can stop mass murder by restricting the use of certain kinds of guns? that's just fucking stupid.  

and we're all glad that you're done with this thread.

sure you can

everyone gets a musket and then see how many mass shootings we have

the point I've made is

1.  The "ban it" threads are bullshit because there is no effort to ban all guns

2.  The premise of these threads (and other arguments against ANY kind of gun legislation) is that it won't stop all gun violence ...therefore it's pointless to do anything (note you just made this same argument above).

same stupid shit that stupid people tell each other and then get mad when others don't share their stupidity

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2014, 03:29:32 PM »
sure you can

the point I've made is

1.  The "ban it" threads are bullshit because there is no effort to ban all guns

2.  The premise of these threads (and other arguments against ANY kind of gun legislation) is that it won't stop all gun violence ...therefore it's pointless to do anything (note you just made this same argument above).

same stupid shit that stupid people tell each other and then get mad when others don't share their stupidity
Some of us dont feel its necessary to take rights to certain firearms from millions of Americans because of a a couple tragedies where a total of few dozen kids died.

I mean, to me, my logic doesnt seem to justify taking from millions of responsible Americans to try and prevent the possible deaths of a few dozen, especially when its like a .0001% chance of happening.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2014, 04:55:50 PM »
Some of us dont feel its necessary to take rights to certain firearms from millions of Americans because of a a couple tragedies where a total of few dozen kids died.

I mean, to me, my logic doesnt seem to justify taking from millions of responsible Americans to try and prevent the possible deaths of a few dozen, especially when its like a .0001% chance of happening.

did the most recent legislation that failed in the Senate have anything to do with that or was it mostly expanded background checks (and didn't even cover friends and family and even specifically banned a national registry....in other words truly the least we could do)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2014, 08:35:53 PM »
did the most recent legislation that failed in the Senate have anything to do with that or was it mostly expanded background checks (and didn't even cover friends and family and even specifically banned a national registry....in other words truly the least we could do)
yes b/c the govt that spies on the press, targets organizations on the grounds of political belief and gives guns to drug dealers is to be trusted?

You have already said you dont have an issue with a national registry...why should anybody trust your dumb ass?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2014, 08:37:50 PM »
Yes, because classrooms of children are being massacred every single day, week in and week out.

Give me a break, its such a rare occurance, yet people have a fckn freak out and try and change everything, yet if those same kids died simultaneously from, say, gettijg hit by different cars outside that classroom, no one would give a flying fuck.

We shouldn't do shit except be more vigilant in the future. You dont make sweeping policy changes t9 millions of citizens rights over a .01% chance of something happening.
straw doesnt care about how many die, only how they die...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2014, 08:41:24 PM »
sure you can

the point I've made is

1.  The "ban it" threads are bullshit because there is no effort to ban all guns

2.  The premise of these threads (and other arguments against ANY kind of gun legislation) is that it won't stop all gun violence ...therefore it's pointless to do anything (note you just made this same argument above).

lol you must be able to understand the confusion when you call for the banning of "assault rifles" that fit the definition of all guns where does that lead?

maybe you can speak for your ilk straw and tell us what the difference is between an "assault rifle" and a regular gun?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2014, 08:04:48 AM »
yes b/c the govt that spies on the press, targets organizations on the grounds of political belief and gives guns to drug dealers is to be trusted?

You have already said you dont have an issue with a national registry...why should anybody trust your dumb ass?

you really are this stupid aren't you?

the point was that the legislation was so fucking weak and even gave you guys a ban on a national registry (and yes I'm perfectly fine with that since we register cars, pets, medical devices and plenty of other things) and still it couldn't get done.   It didn't contain an "ban" on guns but that of course won't stop morons such as yourself from starting these stupid threads where you try to conflate a non-existent ban on guns to banning absurd things that I've already listed.  As I've said, it's an argument that only morons make and lo and behold you continue to demonstrate that you're a moron.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2014, 08:21:39 AM »
you really are this stupid aren't you?

the point was that the legislation was so fucking weak and even gave you guys a ban on a national registry (and yes I'm perfectly fine with that since we register cars, pets, medical devices and plenty of other things) and still it couldn't get done.   It didn't contain an "ban" on guns but that of course won't stop morons such as yourself from starting these stupid threads where you try to conflate a non-existent ban on guns to banning absurd things that I've already listed.  As I've said, it's an argument that only morons make and lo and behold you continue to demonstrate that you're a moron.
and I state again, we are to trust the govt that spies on the press, targets political opponents and gives guns to drug dealers to not create a registry?

what stupid is someone arguing that nobody wants to ban guns...please tell us what the difference between an "assault rifle" and a regular gun is now straw

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2014, 09:13:04 AM »
and I state again, we are to trust the govt that spies on the press, targets political opponents and gives guns to drug dealers to not create a registry?

what stupid is someone arguing that nobody wants to ban guns...please tell us what the difference between an "assault rifle" and a regular gun is now straw

I have no idea what your definition of a "regular gun" is nor an "assault rifle"

try this

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=assault+rifle

once again here is the basic premise of these stupid "ban" threads

first you falsely attribute the position of wanting to "ban guns" to someone

second you present a series of ways that people have also died that don't include guns but do include mundane every day objects that are not even designed to be weapons (bats, hammers, cars, lakes, trampolines, etc..)

third you conflate false premise of "banning guns" to these everyday objects and assert that if the person really wanted to ban guns (again keeping in mind the person never wanted to ban guns in the first place) that they should first want to ban bats, hammers, cars, lakes, trampolines, etc.

fourth you and other morons congratulate each other for being so clever and never realizing how stupid you actually look.

I assume you'll fail to understand any of this and will soon join in on another "ban it" thread

again, if you really believed your own false premise then you would start with banning heart disease and cancer and everything that causes heart disease and cancer

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2014, 11:00:14 AM »
Give it up Straw debating with Tony and Dario wont get you anywhere.

They will drag the discussion down to to retard level and beat you with their experience.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2014, 04:29:47 PM »
I have no idea what your definition of a "regular gun" is nor an "assault rifle"

try this

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=assault+rifle

once again here is the basic premise of these stupid "ban" threads

first you falsely attribute the position of wanting to "ban guns" to someone

second you present a series of ways that people have also died that don't include guns but do include mundane every day objects that are not even designed to be weapons (bats, hammers, cars, lakes, trampolines, etc..)

third you conflate false premise of "banning guns" to these everyday objects and assert that if the person really wanted to ban guns (again keeping in mind the person never wanted to ban guns in the first place) that they should first want to ban bats, hammers, cars, lakes, trampolines, etc.

fourth you and other morons congratulate each other for being so clever and never realizing how stupid you actually look.

I assume you'll fail to understand any of this and will soon join in on another "ban it" thread

again, if you really believed your own false premise then you would start with banning heart disease and cancer and everything that causes heart disease and cancer

my definition of "assault rifle" doesnt matter Im not the one arguing for a ban of them. Whats funny is idiots claiming that nobody is for a full ban of guns but knowing what legislation to ban "assault rifles" entails.

there are plenty of people who want to ban guns all together straw only a delusional fucktard would say otherwise either that or a person who has an agenda to hide...you probably fit into both categories my friend

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2014, 07:17:34 AM »
sure you can

the point I've made is

yes and there would still be people wanting to ban muskets.