Author Topic: Hip thrust  (Read 2081 times)

foodie

Hip thrust
« on: October 05, 2014, 05:23:00 AM »
Anyone do this?
I feel like an idiot humping the air in the gym

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
Re: Hip thrust
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2014, 06:30:59 AM »
I would not do them like he does. most use a Resistance Band or...what the Boxer Oscar de La Hoya did when he trained with Jon Jon Park (son of Reg Park). He lay flat on a Mat and Park placed a Rubber Ball on his lower AB/hip area and he did pelvic Tilts while Park pushed downwards.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2014, 10:26:25 AM »
After my back surgery, while in college, some of rehab was with hip thrust. No weight, just a contraction and hold at the top position for 10-15 seconds. Worked well to the point where you could contract/flex one side of the lower back and than the other..alternating right and than left. Advance to a exercise ball after a while....yes they can have a place in training.

If nothing else, it (and other forms of thrust) will keep the spine/lower back flexible. As we age, a flexible spine can be very important. Your only as old as your lower back, I've been told many times. The gentleman explained it well in the video. Don't really think a lot of weight is needed, but that would be up to the individual. usually included, in one form or another, in sports training. Martial arts also.

I still do yoga lower back thrusts from a sitting position...among other movements and stretches.

Good Luck
F

Wez

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2014, 12:23:18 PM »
Sure superset them with the gyno machines.