Author Topic: outer chest  (Read 3878 times)

trapz101

• Getbig IV
  • team 'THE CORN'
outer chest
« on: October 11, 2014, 07:29:52 PM »
i know this sounds ridiculuos but over this few months i have made improvements with my chest..especially upper chest(i know because my collarbone is not that visible anymore lol)

problem is the outer pec is not that developed,when i'm lean they don't have that skin wrapped look to it

i know most of you guys probably going to say 'there's no upper,lower,outer pec etc' but any advice in bringing those up?
T

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Re: outer chest
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 07:39:54 PM »
i know this sounds ridiculuos but over this few months i have made improvements with my chest..especially upper chest(i know because my collarbone is not that visible anymore lol)

problem is the outer pec is not that developed,when i'm lean they don't have that skin wrapped look to it

i know most of you guys probably going to say 'there's no upper,lower,outer pec etc' but any advice in bringing those up?
flyes/inc/flat/dips are great all around..

trapz101

• Getbig IV
  • team 'THE CORN'
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2014, 12:01:10 AM »
flyes/inc/flat/dips are great all around..

that's what i have been doing..guess my chest genetic just sucks  :-\
T

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2014, 12:05:08 AM »
There is no such thing as an 'outer pec'. There's only a pectoralis major & minor, and no, you can't change the shape of a muscle.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2014, 04:11:30 AM »
I was blessed with wide capped shoulders , wide back,,,,, and a weak chest...

Unless im very lean my chest looks totaly shit, especialy from the side. I would wager if you were down to a low% you would look just fine

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2014, 09:52:52 AM »
True the shape of a muscle can't be changed with any method of exercise.  To the very extreme, surgery would be probably the only option with regards to muscle inserts, length, etc.  Another examples might be a high bicep peak.......just something your born with. All the hours of direct bicep work , if born with a longer & flatter bicep head, will never make a difference. In any case, the full potential of any muscle can most always be reached.

Might try a different slant of pec/chest training...exploring the possibilities. Might suggest dips, with the knuckles facing forward. Another version would be with the knuckles facing inward, though would not advise this way for most folks...needs caution at first where learning the proper way.. Either of these methods are best preformed on a "V" bar, which can allow a adjustable or wider hand spacing than on normal dipping bars. These are just not Gironda's style, but other old timers have also done these . But well worth the effort to do a search of Gironda's training styles.

Pec Decks (if your lucky enough to have a nautilus machine..all the better) work very well. Want the one's that place the elbows on the pads, rather than having the arms stretch way out. More resistance is placed on the pec's themselves that way  (want the elbows to lead the way...like in most other exercises).  Have the elbows raised inline with the shoulder level, nothing lower..please.

DB Pullover & Press.  DB's, rather than a BB, tend to reduce any possible stress on the wrist and elbows...but you will have to make up your own mind about that. I have used both version with great results.

Good Luck

F

Mr.Mojo

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2014, 10:03:31 AM »
Take a good, hard look at your pecs, then use these Arnold-approved tips to improve them. [Outer pecs included]

http://www.muscleandfitness.com/workouts/chest-exercises/get-arnold-schwarzeneggers-chest

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2014, 10:23:55 AM »
The wider the grip, the farther out the exertion point. As has been said, shape is genetic, but if you want maximize your outer pec potential, keep the grip wide.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2014, 10:42:28 AM »
Yep...the wider dipping grip calls on the pec/chest more. The closer grip recruits the triceps and front/side delts more but also the pecs. Dips can also aid a good tie in between the delts & pecs.  That "V" bar that Arnold is using, gives a good example of that piece of gym equipment.

One of the better tricep mass building movements is close grip dips, with the elbows kept close to the body at all times (not allowed to flair out). Keep the whole body about 180 degrees straight up and down is important, giving greater focus on the triceps themselves. Have someone hold the body straight up or have a bench (or whatever) near you feet to steady you to hold that upright position.

Good Luck.
F

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2014, 10:45:09 AM »
True the shape of a muscle can't be changed with any method of exercise.  To the very extreme, surgery would be probably the only option with regards to muscle inserts, length, etc.  Another examples might be a high bicep peak.......just something your born with. All the hours of direct bicep work , if born with a longer & flatter bicep head, will never make a difference. In any case, the full potential of any muscle can most always be reached.

Might try a different slant of pec/chest training...exploring the possibilities. Might suggest dips, with the knuckles facing forward. Another version would be with the knuckles facing inward, though would not advise this way for most folks...needs caution at first where learning the proper way.. Either of these methods are best preformed on a "V" bar, which can allow a adjustable or wider hand spacing than on normal dipping bars. These are just not Gironda's style, but other old timers have also done these . But well worth the effort to do a search of Gironda's training styles.

Pec Decks (if your lucky enough to have a nautilus machine..all the better) work very well. Want the one's that place the elbows on the pads, rather than having the arms stretch way out. More resistance is placed on the pec's themselves that way  (want the elbows to lead the way...like in most other exercises).  Have the elbows raised inline with the shoulder level, nothing lower..please.

DB Pullover & Press.  DB's, rather than a BB, tend to reduce any possible stress on the wrist and elbows...but you will have to make up your own mind about that. I have used both version with great results.

Good Luck

all good points there,,i do most of them in and out of my training routines...