Author Topic: Obama's failed War on Isis is already in shambles.  (Read 18059 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Obama's failed War on Isis is already in shambles.
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2014, 05:56:47 PM »
The SOFA had an expiration date, so he didn't break it.  He intended to negotiate a new agreement when the existing SOFA expired by its own terms. 

And you have the gall to call people stupid??  Holy smokes . . . .

Link?  What was the SOFA expiration date?  And why did Bush miss re-negotiating it?  And if this is actually true, why didn't he follow thru with breaking his word.  And why sign something he didn't intend to honor? 

Seriously, I don't think you'll answer these.  Or you'll post a vague link with nothing about "Bush planned on breaking the agreement on this date, but didn't for this reason".

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2014, 06:03:26 PM »
Link?  What was the SOFA expiration date?  And why did Bush miss re-negotiating it?  And if this is actually true, why didn't he follow thru with breaking his word.  And why sign something he didn't intend to honor? 

Seriously, I don't think you'll answer these.  Or you'll post a vague link with nothing about "Bush planned on breaking the agreement on this date, but didn't for this reason".

I'm not posting squat for you, you lying liar.  Do your own friggin homework.  I'm just highlighting how you misrepresented the facts, again. 

I don't even know what to say.  I should probably start reading more of what you post on here.  I know you lie all the time, but I didn't realize the magnitude of the BS you post on here.   lol

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2014, 06:12:50 PM »
I'm not posting squat for you, you lying liar.  Do your own friggin homework.  I'm just highlighting how you misrepresented the facts, again. 

I don't even know what to say.  I should probably start reading more of what you post on here.  I know you lie all the time, but I didn't realize the magnitude of the BS you post on here.   lol

???

Yeah, I kinda figured you wouldn't answer that.  Cool, no worries, it sounded weird anyway.  "intended to break it"?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2014, 11:06:05 AM »
Obama’s war on Islamic State militants finally has a name: Operation Inherent Resolve
Yahoo News ^  | 10-15-2014 | Olivier Knox

Posted on ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2014‎ ‎1‎:‎00‎:‎08‎ ‎PM by Citizen Zed

Two months after American bombs and missiles began pounding fighters of the so-called Islamic State, President Barack Obama’s undeclared war in Iraq and Syria finally has a name: Operation Inherent Resolve.

The Wall Street Journal had reported on Oct. 3 that the name had been considered and rejected, with one unnamed military officer saying “it is just kind of bleh.”

The long search for a name had sparked a flurry of jokes on Twitter, where one leading tongue-in-cheek suggestion was that it be called “Operation Hey Wasn’t That My Humvee” – a reference to U.S. airstrikes hitting Islamic State fighters using American equipment captured from Iraqi troops.

(Excerpt) Read more at news.yahoo.com ...

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2014, 11:10:06 AM »
Oh, so Bush signed an agreement and intended not to honor it?

Sorry, I don't believe that.  Bush was a man of honor.  "INTENT"?   Weak soup, man.

I guess we missed the memo from the Bush White House saying he "intended" the next president to break his contract.  WTF is obama thinking, honoring a former president's word?

LOL even you have to admit that shit is weak.  "The INTENT was to break bush's agreement..."

You can parrot this shit all you want. The deal was that combat troops would be out by 2011. A stabilizing force was ALWAYS supposed to be left there. We had plans on what bases and numbers of troops etc. We figured 25k...the Iraqi's figured 15k, a number that could be sold to the masses. Obama wanted 3k.....not feasible politically in Iraq. His failure to do so....no matter how much Obama cock u want to suck 240...he failed. Nothing to do with Bush......
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2014, 11:11:14 AM »
You can parrot this shit all you want. The deal was that combat troops would be out by 2011. A stabilizing force was ALWAYS supposed to be left there. We had plans on what bases and numbers of troops etc. We figured 25k...the Iraqi's figured 15k, a number that could be sold to the masses. Obama wanted 3k.....not feasible politically in Iraq. His failure to do so....no matter how much Obama cock u want to suck 240...he failed. Nothing to do with Bush......

Thank you. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2014, 11:13:00 AM »

Nope, beach bum said " He intended to negotiate a new agreement when the existing SOFA expired by its own terms."

I want to know why he said that, and what prevented Bush from negotiating the new agreement.  Cause that part sounds very made up.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2014, 11:13:45 AM »
Obama’s war on Islamic State militants finally has a name: Operation Inherent Resolve

We are so fd

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2014, 11:15:40 AM »
I have posted this atleast 5 friggen times....somehow 240 tries to pretend to be neutral by dragging in Bush. This all Barry being political Barry...nothing to do with common sense. I sure as hell didn't want another tour in Iraq....but militarily it made sense.

Operation uh...um....fuck what was I doing, oh yeah..Iraq...ah....fuck, war is hard....can't I just go play golf with my bath house friends.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2014, 11:15:48 AM »

We are so fd

that is the worst name in history.   Operation Erectile dysfunction

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2014, 11:17:58 AM »

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2014/10/14/5-key-implications-if-baghdad-falls-to-isis/3/

The U.S. will also face a dilemma: at the very same time this administration has been sidling up to Iran and trying to strike a deal over its nuclear weapons program, we very well may be faced with calls from our longtime allies in the region, almost all Sunni, for assistance. And then we have Turkey, which, as a NATO partner, we have treaty obligations to honor.

And faced with a nuclear Iran amidst a growing sectarian war, many Sunni countries will start their own crash nuclear programs in response, leading to the regional proliferation of nuclear weapons. No sane person would contend that a nuclear arms race in the Middle East would be a benefit to our own national security (though undoubtedly there will be some D.C. foreign policy “experts” who will dismiss its importance).

The coming days and weeks in the fight for Baghdad are fraught with enormous implications for the U.S. And yet our ability to influence those events is rapidly waning.
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2014, 11:19:02 AM »
Didn't big gay Vince say they were all the same on some other thread....

2) The Great Reconciliation between jihadist groups will begin

Much of the Obama administration’s anti-ISIS efforts have been trying to leverage other “vetted moderate” groups in Syria against ISIS, with some “smart set” thinkers even advocating engaging “moderate Al-Qaeda” to that end. We are already seeing jihadist groups gravitating towards ISIS, such as the announcement this week by Pakistani Taliban leaders pledging their allegiance to the Islamic State. Other groups of younger jihadis are breaking away from Al-Qaeda franchises in North Africa and defecting to ISIS. Despite bitter rivalries between ISIS and other jihadist groups in Syria, namely Al-Qaeda’s official Syrian affiliate Jabhat al-Nusra, these other groups will be hard-pressed to deny ISIS’ caliphate claims if they do take Baghdad. In that part of the world, nothing succeeds like success. If Baghdad falls, jihadist groups, some of whom have been openly hostile or remained neutral, will quickly align behind ISIS. And the horrid sound coming out of Washington, D.C., will be of foreign policy paradigms imploding.
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2014, 11:19:44 AM »
Nope, beach bum said " He intended to negotiate a new agreement when the existing SOFA expired by its own terms."

I want to know why he said that, and what prevented Bush from negotiating the new agreement.  Cause that part sounds very made up.

What I meant to say was "we" (i.e., the new president) were supposed to negotiate a new agreement.  The SOFA expired in 2011, so Bush didn't violate anything.  We were always supposed to negotiate a new SOFA when the one Bush signed expired.  Headhunter just explained it to you.  Are you really this stupid or just trolling?  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2014, 11:20:52 AM »
I have posted this atleast 5 friggen times....somehow 240 tries to pretend to be neutral by dragging in Bush. This all Barry being political Barry...nothing to do with common sense. I sure as hell didn't want another tour in Iraq....but militarily it made sense.

Operation uh...um....fuck what was I doing, oh yeah..Iraq...ah....fuck, war is hard....can't I just go play golf with my bath house friends.

If we had left a division in Iraq we wouldn't even be talking about ISIS in Iraq right now. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2014, 11:21:08 AM »
This one is my favorite......can we go right from impeaching Obama to life imprisonment for complete disregard of his presidential duty.  

3) What of U.S. personnel in Iraq?

The US Embassy in Baghdad is the largest embassy on the planet. And after Obama sent 350 more U.S. military personnel to guard the U.S. Embassy last month, there are now more than 1,100 US service members in Baghdad protecting the embassy and the airport. That doesn’t include embassy personnel, American aid workers, and reporters also in Baghdad. ISIS doesn’t have to capture the airport to prevent flights from taking off there (remember Hamas rockets from Gaza prompting the temporary closure of Israel’s Ben Gurion Airport this past summer). If flights can’t get out of Baghdad, how will the State Department and Pentagon evacuate U.S. personnel? An image like the last helicopter out of Saigon would be of considerable propaganda value to ISIS and other jihadist groups. Former CNN reporter Peter Arnett, who witnessed the fall of Saigon in April 1975, raised this possibility back in June. It’s not like the U.S. has prestige to spare internationally, and the fall of Baghdad will mark the beginning of the end of American influence in the Middle East, much like the case in Southest Asia in 1975.
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2014, 11:22:26 AM »
If we had left a division in Iraq we wouldn't even be talking about ISIS in Iraq right now. 

Correct....3k worth of dudes can't defend themselves. 15k, a number Maliki wanted and could sell to his parliament, could still conduct offensive ops periodically and continue to train the Iraqi military.
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2014, 11:23:08 AM »
Correct....3k worth of dudes can't defend themselves. 15k, a number Maliki wanted and could sell to his parliament, could still conduct offensive ops periodically and continue to train the Iraqi military.

Failbama is doing this all intentionally since he supports ISIS taking over. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2014, 11:32:47 AM »
The next president will never get us out of this...Hil won't even try and a Repub will have to just starting bombing the shit out of everybody.
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2014, 11:34:02 AM »

Military & Defense  More: Syria 

The Official Name For The War On ISIS Was Rejected 2 Weeks Ago

An EA-6B coming from Iraq lands on the flight deck of the US Navy aircraft carrier USS George H.W. Bush on Aug. 10 in the Persian Gulf.

After two months of airstrikes against the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria, the US-led coalition has a name: "Inherent Resolve."

Interestingly, the name had previously been rejected for a multitude of reasons, according to a report in The Wall Street Journal two weeks ago.

"It's just kind of bleh," an unnamed military officer told The Journal. An unnamed senior official further said the name was merely a placeholder that had never been considered to be the actual name for the overall operation.

The initial failure of the name of the operation was multifaceted. For some officers, Inherent Resolve failed to evoke the sense of the Middle East. Other officers rejected the name on the grounds that it failed to capture the sense of the international coalition that had joined the US in operations.

Military operations have been named by the US military since at least World War II. The lack of a name for the operations in Syria and Iraq had come as a break with 70 years of military tradition. 

The issue of a lack of a name for the operations had been raised since airstrikes first started in Iraq. In August, Pentagon Press Secretary Rear Adm. John Kirby said there was no "good reason" for the lack of an operational name.

Operation Inherent Resolve has targeted positions of the Islamic State, also known as ISIS or ISIL, throughout Syria and Iraq for the past two months. On Tuesday and Wednesday, the US-led coalition carried out 18 strikes against the militants in the two countries.

The strikes focused on ISIS positions around the town of Kobani in Syria, while in Iraq the airstrikes hit ISIS militants by the critical Baiji oil refinery plant and the Haditha Dam.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/military-rejects-potential-operation-name-2014-10#ixzz3GEvvYB1D

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2014, 02:56:28 PM »

didn't "he fail" because Iraq would not agree to give the remaining troops immunity and the Iraqi government wouldn't allow it?
If that is the case how exactly would we have stayed other than by force over a sovereign nation?

"When the Americans asked for immunity, the Iraqi side answered that it was not possible," al-Maliki said in an October 2011 news conference. "The discussions over the number of trainers and the place of training stopped. Now that the issue of immunity was decided and that no immunity to be given, the withdrawal has started."

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2014/aug/24/martha-raddatz/obama-wanted-keep-10000-troops-iraq-abcs-raddatz-c/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2014, 03:08:23 PM »
didn't "he fail" because Iraq would not agree to give the remaining troops immunity and the Iraqi government wouldn't allow it?
If that is the case how exactly would we have stayed other than by force over a sovereign nation?

"When the Americans asked for immunity, the Iraqi side answered that it was not possible," al-Maliki said in an October 2011 news conference. "The discussions over the number of trainers and the place of training stopped. Now that the issue of immunity was decided and that no immunity to be given, the withdrawal has started."

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2014/aug/24/martha-raddatz/obama-wanted-keep-10000-troops-iraq-abcs-raddatz-c/

Lol.  Really? 

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2014, 03:40:28 PM »
One thing that I don't get, weren't we replacing those troops with private contractors? (who cost 10x as much per head)

that way Obama could tell his low-information vote base that he 'brought the troops home' with a straight face but we still had a presence there, albeit a much more expensive one.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2014, 05:03:08 PM »

Lol.  Really? 

I guess you can't read

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2014, 05:05:03 PM »
One thing that I don't get, weren't we replacing those troops with private contractors? (who cost 10x as much per head)

that way Obama could tell his low-information vote base that he 'brought the troops home' with a straight face but we still had a presence there, albeit a much more expensive one.

how could we keep private contractor there if we could't keep actual troops there

we'd still the the Iraq governments permission to have anyone there