Author Topic: The Irony of buying a gun vs. voting  (Read 3501 times)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: The Irony of buying a gun vs. voting
« Reply #75 on: October 15, 2014, 02:52:26 PM »
in other words you can buy a gun without providing a photo ID or undergoing any kind of a back ground check and federal law also does not require any notification of the sale
you give me a good idea on how to stop that without the US gov having a de facto registry by having a record of every gun owned by every individual and ill be all for it.

And you act like ALL gun sales are like thism i hate to break it to you but there will always be a way for people who want to get something to buy it underground from someone without going through the Gov. Period.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #76 on: October 15, 2014, 03:00:08 PM »
you give me a good idea on how to stop that without the US gov having a de facto registry by having a record of every gun owned by every individual and ill be all for it.

And you act like ALL gun sales are like thism i hate to break it to you but there will always be a way for people who want to get something to buy it underground from someone without going through the Gov. Period.

We should have a registry for guns and we should require that private party sales be handled through a gun dealer who can do the background checks and other requirements

the private party sales loophole is ridiculous

btw - I never "acted like all gun sales are like this"

I don't even know how you can make such a satement

I merely pointed out that you can get a gun without showing a photo id (or having to undergo a background check) in almost every state in this country

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #77 on: October 15, 2014, 03:39:13 PM »
We should have a registry for guns and we should require that private party sales be handled through a gun dealer who can do the background checks and other requirements

the private party sales loophole is ridiculous

btw - I never "acted like all gun sales are like this"

I don't even know how you can make such a satement

I merely pointed out that you can get a gun without showing a photo id (or having to undergo a background check) in almost every state in this country
you can do that in literally every state, you find someone with a gun, make a deal, and buy it. You cant stop that.