Author Topic: Why do people get so obsessed over a sports team?  (Read 12879 times)

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
Re: Why do people get so obsessed over a sports team?
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2014, 05:35:40 PM »

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2014, 05:40:47 PM »
Rooting and obsession are two different things. Nothing wrong when you support your city's team but the obsessive part is odd.  Wearing a jersey with another man's name on it.  Most sports obsessive fan's would cheer if their favorite player was fucking their wives.  Some odd subserviant behavior.

For some reason earl comes to mind

THEBOSS

• Getbig IV
  • Another day of being huge
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2014, 05:59:54 PM »
 ::)  Insane group conformity ! Worshiping a bunch of men playing kids games ! Only thing gayer is if they played in thongs  :D

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2014, 06:20:00 PM »
Hollywood worship/obsession is far worse than sports.

Antonio fella

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2014, 06:45:43 PM »
I used to be one of those.  The team would lose and my week would be ruined, wore the team's colors, read and watched everything about them then I grew up, met a few NFLers at the gym who cared more about money than they did if their team wins or loses and wondered why the fuck do I care so much about these guys who don't give a shit themselves?

I especially don't get why people who live and were raised in a certain city get obsessed with another city's team.  I understand rooting for your home team but why root for someone elses?  People take this shit way too seriously.  I have read a boatload of stories of fans getting shot, stabbed, beaten up etc.. at games.  Why are people so fucking stupid?  I know a guy who bought a million dollar home to paint the entire inside in Yellow and Black because he's a steelers fan.  The guy's an idiot.  Who does this shit?

Ever see the end of the game when a team that gets beat is laughing it up with the opposing team?  Fans are crying and acting like fools and the players just move on and don't give a fuck.  They go back, change into their Tom Ford suits, dive their ferraris back to their 10,000 sqft pads and have top 10 models suck them off while the average Joe beats his kids and wife because "his" team lost.

just don't get it.

Brilliant question and topic !!

My view is that human need to fill themselves with "something" - it could be anything.. tv shows, tv news, games, live games, music, team sports, drugs, alcohol.. etc. to feel happy to feel "belonging" to something.

!

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2014, 06:57:49 PM »
Tribalism.  Humans are genetically programmed to it. 

"welcome to the thunder dome" is also an example.

That_Dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2014, 07:06:08 PM »
I've noticed a fee people who have a teams logo tattoo'd on them this baffles me. I hope that somewhere they can find meaning and achievement in their lives. To me this obsession with sports teams is just a desperate want/ need to fit in manifesting itself

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2014, 07:18:50 PM »

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2014, 07:55:49 PM »

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2014, 08:16:48 PM »
True Adonis with very, very weak and lame trolling attempts.

Might as well sell your account to the Iranian millionaire.

::)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2014, 08:24:22 PM »
True Adonis with very, very weak and lame trolling attempts.

Might as well sell your account to the Iranian millionaire.

::)
Nah.... I'll give the man his do. He has created numerous, popular threads in the last few days.

From one Hall of Famer to another.  ;)

forillagorilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2014, 08:31:42 PM »
Have you not read my  National Joe Six Pack Closeted Man Love Day thread or any of my numerous thoughts on this subject, particularly the homo-erotic connections?

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=261276.0

Serious question. Did you ever excel in any real sports? 

EastCoastChick

• Getbig III
  • How the f%@k do you post personal pics?
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2014, 08:35:00 PM »
I was obsessed with the 'Skins until I realized recently, that 21 years after our last Super Bowl appearance its finally over. 5 mins after a loss, its all forgotten, because...welp....its expected at this point.

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2014, 08:58:23 PM »
Nah.... I'll give the man his do. He has created numerous, popular threads in the last few days.

From one Hall of Famer to another.  ;)

The past week on Getbag = Most pathetic ever.

And for once, you're not to blame.

MikMaq

« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2014, 03:18:19 AM »
Just a hobby, like a lot of things.  Why do people obsess over any of the stuff they obsess over?
I have assburgers, so I don't really have a choice.

I get some mad endorphin serge when fixating on something. It's in the league of doing hard drugs.

It's just such a good feeling, you truly have no idea.

Tribalism.  Humans are genetically programmed to it.  

"welcome to the thunder dome" is also an example.
People say that, yet almost everything we do is overly social and tribal in nature.

This delusion of human excellence goes  right out the window when you understand basic human behavior.

Even the most intelligent of apes, wants their team to win, their enemies defeated, and access to all the hier tier ape ass. *****Cough cough all of academia******

haha what a loser living and farting in a single room with his wife and living off with no job.
you will not survive even for a day in real world.

the diffrnce between you and uberman is that he lose everyday and strugle but atleast he try..

look at his body it scream weakness and fragility but he try even have a shitty part time job ;D

you dont even have guts to go outside of your house and do real job  ::)
X2 adonis the master of living not living in real life.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2014, 03:45:15 AM »
I have assburgers Aspergers so I don't really have a choice.

Ass Burgers  ;D

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2014, 03:46:03 AM »
I love the ones who say "we kicked your ass" and similar.
I ddint know they were on the team?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2014, 03:48:26 AM »
Doesn't bother me.  For most people it's just fun, and a chance to watch the best players compete at the highest level.

Of course there's always going to be extremists, as is the case with any large sample of people.
Y

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2014, 04:00:41 AM »
People long to be part of something bigger than themselves.

Same reason Vince goes to Kylie parties and does the locomotion dance naked with other men.

SaintAnger

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2014, 04:24:05 AM »
I think the sports obsessed crowd are very weak, conformist people.  I pity them.

I was also surprised to discover most of those fans never played a day in their lives.  LOL!

The women who are into this shit were either loathed by their fathers (wanted a son) and/or void of any character traits that'd make them a suitable mate.  Hence, they want to be seen as cool and into sports so they can get a man.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2014, 04:28:52 AM »
The women who are into this shit were either loathed by their fathers (wanted a son) and/or void of any character traits that'd make them a suitable mate.  Hence, they want to be seen as cool and into sports so they can get a man.

Or they just like sports.
Y

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2014, 04:30:34 AM »
Simple answer... because society conditions them to.

I never understood it at all.

So many more things to learn and do in life than waste time watching sports.

This.  Society is too distracted with sports and the drivel known as "reality television", to concern themselves with matters of real importance.  As long as American Idol is on T.V and Walmart is open, life is good in most people's eyes. 

forillagorilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2014, 04:37:26 AM »
If you truly love sports - you enjoy ANY good game and can appreciate talent and athleticism. I have my favorite teams - but I am never going to let a loss affect my day. I think that is strange. I do enjoy seeing those that are excellent in their chosen thing in life - and watching elite athletes is motivational.
There are life skills that sports teach and although I wouldn't ever push my child to do something they didn't enjoy - I encourage for sure. My one rule is that if you start - you finish.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2014, 06:11:25 AM »
Doesn't bother me.  For most people it's just fun, and a chance to watch the best players compete at the highest level.

Of course there's always going to be extremists, as is the case with any large sample of people.

x2...when I was younger I was a little more nuts about it but being a Yankees fan in baseball and a Giants fan in football I've been lucky enough to have seen more then a few championships and I'm a lot calmer....I've even seen the Rangers win the Stanley cup.......now the Knicks :-\

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2014, 06:33:30 AM »

Exactly. And the people who like (and play) sports are the most enjoyable with whom to spend time. And by enjoyable I mean food and drink: sociable.