Author Topic: Biden son tossed from the Navy due to coke abuse  (Read 17233 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: Biden son tossed from the Navy due to coke abuse
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 06:48:34 AM »
One of the tweets....

If this were one of Palin's kids caught doing cocaine the media would dive into it right down to the guy who grew the coca in Colombia. ;D ;D ;D
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 07:46:33 AM »
More corruption from the druggies in DC.   Anyone else never would have gotten that waiver.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 08:58:48 AM »
One of the tweets....

If this were one of Palin's kids caught doing cocaine the media would dive into it right down to the guy who grew the coca in Colombia. ;D ;D ;D

Truth. 

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2014, 10:40:49 AM »
And daddy was the main guy who co opted the war on drugs as a dem party platform

How many AAS users lives has daddy ruined with criminal records ? Yet coke head son will get a pat on the wrist and move into his job with a Ukraine gas company NO conflict of interest there not with daddy trying to change the government in the region  ::)

Absolute scum

The funniest is low information black Obama voters voting for Joe even though he was the architect of "inner city" drug laws. It's ok because he reversed them prior to the election  ::) what's ten years inside between friends?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2014, 11:09:49 AM »
He was picked by a DOD special program that looks to find "talented people" to get direct commissions into reserve billets.   Apparently my boss worked with the dude running the program at the time...that picked Biden. His Billet was Public Affairs.....not exactly a hard fill slot.
L

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2014, 12:09:00 PM »
One of the tweets....

I can't recall any of the Palins spawn ever issuing apologies for their behavior

"I deeply regret and am embarrassed that my actions led to my administrative discharge," he said. "I respect the Navy's decision. With the love and support of my family, I'm moving forward."

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014/10/16/356781379/report-bidens-son-hunter-discharged-from-navy-over-failed-cocaine-test

Here's a Palin spawn worthy version of the story on the liberal leaning Wonkette website
http://wonkette.com/563619/old-handsome-joe-bidens-son-hoovering-up-all-the-cocaine

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2014, 05:14:57 PM »
He was picked by a DOD special program that looks to find "talented people" to get direct commissions into reserve billets.   Apparently my boss worked with the dude running the program at the time...that picked Biden. His Billet was Public Affairs.....not exactly a hard fill slot.

Public Affairs probably thought it was something of a coup to get the Vice President's son working for them, I'm thinking.  Looks like that backfired, lol.

Just curious, do you know if it's common these days for lawyers to enlist in the Navy (in any capacity)?   

(And, no, I'm not trying get rid of SC, lol.)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2014, 05:24:07 PM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2014, 05:22:03 AM »

Biden Cocaine Scandal Mirrors Joe McCarthy Scandal

9:04 AM, Oct 18, 2014 • By PHILIP TERZIAN

Share on email

Send to Kindle   

Single Page

Print

Larger Text

Smaller Text

Alerts

reCAPTCHA challenge image Get a new challengeGet an audio challengeGet a visual challengeHelp 

The brief military career of 44-year-old Hunter Biden, Vice President Joseph Biden's younger son, seems to have ended after one month in the naval reserve. Biden is reported to have tested positive for cocaine use, and was immediately discharged. It was "the honor of my life to serve in the U.S. Navy," he has said in a statement, "and I deeply regret and am embarrassed that my actions led to my administrative discharge."

Everybody makes mistakes, of course, and the younger Biden's humiliation must be profound. But it is worth noting that, while Biden's summary discharge occurred last February, it did not become public until the Wall Street Journal revealed the story this week. Biden's statement about "the honor of my life to serve in the U.S. Navy" -- for one month! -- was issued through his lawyer.

Evidently there was an effort, successful for eight months, to conceal this curious episode. But while the attempted cover-up is, perhaps, understandable from Vice President Biden's perspective, the real scandal here is not Hunter Biden's cocaine use, or his father's protection of an errant son, but the fact that Hunter Biden was commissioned in the naval reserve in the first place.

A year-and-a-half ago, Biden was selected for a direct commission in the Navy under a program that allows certain civilians, with no prior military service, to receive a "limited-duty" reserve commission after attending a brief course in military etiquette, drill, and history instead of boot camp. Such commissions are usually offered to non-combatant candidates with special qualifications or particular skills: In 1980, for example, Sen. Gary Hart became a lieutenant commander in the naval reserve at the age of 44.

Click here     

Related Stories
Report: Biden Son Kicked Out of Navy for Cocaine
Biden on Purchasing Cocaine: 'What Do You Think About ...
Sadly, It Won't Be 'Invisible Man'
Biden: 'The Middle Class Is Getting Killed'
Kimmel Asks To Identify Biden -- No One Has A Clue

More by Philip Terzian
I’d Walk a Mile
Guided Torture
The Snake in the Garden
Hero and/or Martyr
The Original Mad Man

In Biden's case, however, it is not clear what those qualifications might have been. So far as I can determine, he has had no connection, during his civilian career, either with the Department of Defense or with any defense-related agencies or private institutions. And while he was a public information officer during his brief reserve service, he is a lawyer by profession and a partner in an investment firm, with no background or experience in journalism or public relations.

Biden was also granted two waivers by the Navy, one for advanced age and another for a previous, unspecified "drug-related" incident. A waiver for age is not the worst thing in the world (Biden was eight years over the maximum for the Navy's program) and there are innumerable stories of men eager for combat who couldn't pass an eye test, or were too old to enlist, but somehow contrived to get into uniform. Hunter Biden, however, was evidently not headed into harm's way; and in any case, on September 11, 2001, he was 31 years old, a more appropriate age to sign up to fight. It is difficult to avoid the conclusion that he sought and obtained a naval commission for political purposes -- public office in his native Delaware? -- and that his status as a son of Vice President Joe Biden did him no harm.

The irony, of course, is that minor political scandals have erupted in the past over such questions. In 2000, the circumstances of George W. Bush's service as a pilot in the Texas Air National Guard became a campaign issue. So did the promotion, in 1940, of President Franklin Roosevelt's son Elliott to captain in the Army Air Corps. Abraham Lincoln's eldest son Robert was criticized for his non-combatant status as a staff officer during the Civil War.

A more instructive parallel, however, might be to Sen. Joseph McCarthy, of all people. When one of McCarthy's Senate aides, G. David Schine, was drafted into the Army and sent to basic training at Ft. Monmouth, N.J., Roy Cohn, another McCarthy aide and reputedly Schine's lover, intervened persistently to obtain an officer's commission for Schine. When the Army protested about repeated threats and interference from the senator's office, McCarthy charged that the Army was attempting to retaliate against his investigations into communist subversion in the armed forces. The televised hearings that were held during April-June 1954 to investigate the matter -- the famous Army-McCarthy hearings -- not only revealed that McCarthy and his staff had repeatedly wielded their influence on behalf of Schine, but had done so despite Schine's complete lack of qualifications for an officer's commission.

The differences between Joseph McCarthy and Joseph Biden are self-evident, of course. But just as the effort to make G. David Schine an Army officer taught the country something about Senator McCarthy, so the brief, inglorious naval career of Hunter Biden tells us something about Vice President Biden -- and the culture of entitlement in political Washington that has tarnished the Navy.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2014, 05:55:06 AM »
Biden son tossed from the Navy due to coke abuse?

Is he a Republican?  Otherwise I don't believe this.  Republicans abuse coke, and Democrats abuse pot.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2014, 08:48:46 AM »
NPR

what about it

did you see how the liberal site wonkette reamed both Biden's
just pointing out (what obviously flew way over your head) that so called liberal media did not ignore the story or even soft pedal it

I can't recall any apologies from the Palin spawn for their outrageous behavour

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2014, 10:19:16 AM »
Evidently there was an effort, successful for eight months, to conceal this curious episode.

Color me unconvinced... Hunter Biden isn't the first nor the last person to be booted from the Armed Forces for drug use. We don't have the Pentagon making public releases about anyone else, so why should they for Hunter Biden?

[...] the real scandal here is not Hunter Biden's cocaine use, or his father's protection of an errant son, but the fact that Hunter Biden was commissioned in the naval reserve in the first place.

Agreed. That he was commissioned to begin with is what people should be frustrated with.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2014, 12:32:58 PM »
They sat on this since Feb....not like it was advertised anyway. He was picked in a special direct commissioning program. No OCS or anything. Similar to what hard fill medical folks do. You get a special course in how the military works and off you go. I don't think he went to the Defense Information school to become trained. He just went to work at his reserve unit.
L

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2014, 12:38:45 PM »
I like how they compared Biden to McCarthy but completely left out the parallel of Biden's one-man war on AAS and McCarthy's hatred of commies

::)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2014, 02:20:59 PM »
....and still retains law license with no disciplinary action.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2014, 03:59:41 PM »
....and still retains law license with no disciplinary action.

I very much doubt he could be disbarred for testing positive unless he admitted to the use of drugs. And even then, it would still be a battle - although maybe not an uphill osne.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2014, 04:12:35 PM »
The man knows how to party.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2014, 06:09:23 PM »
The man knows how to party.
Yup, Parties like an entitled lib.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2014, 06:25:00 PM »

Yeah, whereas entitled conservatives they don't do exactly the same bullshit. Not ever. ::)

Give us a break...

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2014, 09:19:58 PM »

Are you telling my you dont do a line of coke once in a while?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2014, 09:59:31 AM »

Are you telling my you dont do a line of coke once in a while?

Not for 23 years. I grew up.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2014, 12:51:11 PM »
One of the tweets....

lmao...so true

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2014, 10:15:29 AM »
She is giddy over this.  Liberals can be such hypocrites. 

CNN's Costello Gleeful As She Hypes Palin Family Brawl Audio
By Matthew Balan | October 22, 2014

Carol Costello could barely contain herself on Wednesday's CNN Newsroom, as she touted the recently-released audio of Bristol Palin giving her account of a fight involving her family to the police: "Okay. I'm just going to come right out and say it. This is quite possibly the best minute and a half of audio we've ever come across – well, come across in a long time anyway." [video below]

Costello hyped the "massive brawl in Anchorage, Alaska reportedly involving Sarah Palin's kids and her husband." Just before playing the audio, the anchor proclaimed to her audience, "Sit back and enjoy."

The journalist teased the segment by trumpeting "the tale of the tape – and oh boy, is she angry in Anchorage. Bristol Palin speaking out on that brawl that involved her siblings and her father. You'll want to hear what she told cops about how it all started." After using her "best minute and a half of audio" and "massive brawl" phrases at the top of the report, Costello noted that the fight apparently "sparked after someone pushed one of her daughters at a party. That's what Bristol Palin told police in an interview after the incident. And now, police have released audio of that interview. It does include some rather colorful language from Bristol." She continued with her "sit back and enjoy" advice.

At the conclusion of the Bristol Palin audio clip, the CNN anchor snarked, "I think that long bleep was my favorite part." Costello ended the segment with Sarah Palin's reaction to the incident, and added one more gleeful one-liner:

CAROL COSTELLO: ...We should point out that no charges were filed in this incident. And in a September 19 Facebook post, Sarah Palin defended her daughter, writing part – writing, in part – quote, 'I love my Bristol. I have to say, this is a proud mama. My kids' defense of my family makes my heart soar.' You can thank me later.

Back in May 2013, the journalist took a parting shot at Michelle Bachmann after she announced her retirement from Congress. Costello asserted that Bachmann's retirement was "kind of surprising since Bachmann became the face of big government rage. In fact, Newsweek tagged her 'the Queen of Rage' in 2008, and for a time Bachmann became not only a political star, but the butt of a thousand jokes."

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthew-balan/2014/10/22/cnns-costello-gleeful-she-hypes-palin-family-brawl-audio#sthash.ma3rwe9X.dpuf