Author Topic: one Arm Upright Row  (Read 3869 times)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
one Arm Upright Row
« on: October 19, 2014, 06:57:31 AM »
A good exercise for people who canīt use a Bar. I also like One Arm side raises...grabbing onto an upright for stability.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
Re: one Arm Upright Row
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 08:43:40 AM »
Ah yes, have been suggesting that versions of uprights/Hi-pulls since I've been coming on  GB. Excellent delt movement, with the elbows out wider that normal. More friendly to the wrist, elbow and shoulder joints themselves. Can work up to very heavy DB's, treating this movement more like a regular Hi-pull, if so inclined. 120-150lbs not that uncommon, for regular sets. Just remember not to have the DB too far out from the front of the body, but near the body at all times. Too far out can place more strain and stress on the shoulder joints. May be one of the reasons some guy's have a problem when doing regular BB up-right rows.

Also one arm lateral raises, free hand gripping a support, for better focus on the delts themselves. Can also do front raises and bent over rear DB raises (excellent for the posterior/rear delts and portions of the traps), one arm at a time.  

Both exercises have been a personal favorite of mine for quite a number of years. Glad someone has stumbled  upon the benefits of both.  

Good Luck.

F

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 11:28:43 AM »
Ah yes, have been suggesting that versions of uprights/Hi-pulls since I've been coming on  GB. Excellent delt movement, with the elbows out wider that normal. More friendly to the wrist, elbow and shoulder joints themselves. Can work up to very heavy DB's, treating this movement more like a regular Hi-pull, if so inclined. 120-150lbs not that uncommon, for regular sets. Just remember not to have the DB too far out from the front of the body, but near the body at all times. Too far out can place more strain and stress on the shoulder joints. May be one of the reasons some guy's have a problem when doing regular BB up-right rows.

Also one arm lateral raises, free hand gripping a support, for better focus on the delts themselves. Can also do front raises and bent over rear DB raises (excellent for the posterior/rear delts and portions of the traps), one arm at a time.  

Both exercises have been a personal favorite of mine for quite a number of years. Glad someone has stumbled  upon the benefits of both.  

Good Luck.

Mate...i did not just "stumble" on anything  ::) GEEEZ !

heenok

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 02:02:29 AM »
i like that exercise
definitly less a shoulder killer than regular upright rows

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 02:26:13 AM »
It's def a great movement. The only problem I experience is that it's almost impossible to keep space between the DB and your body during the whole ROM. You could try a single pulley as a nice alternative.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 10:23:12 AM »
I do these using a cable one arm at a time.
A