Author Topic: Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise?  (Read 20497 times)

Tom

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise?
« Reply #100 on: October 20, 2014, 12:53:35 PM »
been in a few plays in my college days and took some acting classes.. also been on the production side of things when i changed my focus....

takes a special (not sure if special is the right word for it!) kind of person to want and be in front or behind the camera in the tv/film world......

unfortunately everyone i EVER MET and/or worked with at least 90 to 99% were NOT good people! massive out of this WORLD  ego, attitudes, you name it, pretty much every adjective that would describe NOT a good person!AND so much STRESS BECAUSE EVERYTHING IS DEF CON 5 IMPORTANT (in reality it's not!) AND HOW THE REST OF THE WORLD, THE REAL WORLD WORKS? TOTALLY GOES OUT THE WINDOW!....

I'M SURE THERE ARE decent good grounded people in front and behind the camera in the entertainment world doing it for the right reasons (not for fame, wealth, parties and what not) personally I JUST NEVER MET ANY OF THESE PEOPLE!.....

at one time it was my dream to be a executive someday but the reality is different from the fantasy and for a time i was disappointed in myself for not being tough enough or good enough to survive in that jungle but then i realized "what a relief it is not to be in that world!' and that "i'm better then these people!"... so it's all good for me... 

MikMaq

« Reply #101 on: October 20, 2014, 01:00:00 PM »
stfu with your asperger this, autism that, you re just weak, not handicapped.
Says the bitter christian, is obsessed with being dreary.

Maybe you have aspergers?

I mention it when it's relevant.

So fuck off.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: October 20, 2014, 01:03:36 PM »
Went out for the high school play, mainly cause four of the hottest girls in the school were in it.  I  got a major part but not the lead and everything was fine as long as I had the script in front of me but then came dress rehearsal with no script in front of a small audience and I was sweating like a pig and screwed up every line.  Drama teacher pulled me aside and tactfully told me she could use me on set changes.

A good actor can make you forget  you are watching a movie or a play but when someone is bad everyone knows it.  Not as easy as it looks.

So what you're saying is, you got stage fright, and you therefore forgot your lines. So people who crave to be the center of attention and love to perform in front of an audience, and who are therefore calm doing so, and therefore have little difficulty memorizing lines, are somehow talented in some "special" way?

Give it a rest.

I did drama class all the way through high school, performed in many productions, and it's only a challenging thing if, like I say, you're not comfortable in front of a group of people and/or self conscious.

Just like anything, there are superior examples of those who act, but as a baseline "talent"? It's a modest one, to be sure.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #103 on: October 20, 2014, 01:06:13 PM »
Acting isn't something anyone can do but there sure as hell isn't a shortage of people who can do it.
Even pop stars and rappers who haven't had any previous acting experience can waltz into a movie role and do a respectable job.

The guys who direct the movies, write the scripts, compose the soundtracks etc. are the genuinely "talented" individuals.

MikMaq

« Reply #104 on: October 20, 2014, 01:06:24 PM »
So what you're saying is, you got stage fright, and you therefore forgot your lines. So people who crave to be the center of attention and love to perform in front of an audience, and who are therefore calm doing so, and therefore have little difficulty memorizing lines, are somehow talented in some "special" way?

Give it a rest.

I did drama class all the way through high school, performed in many productions, and it's only a challenging thing if, like I say, you're not comfortable in front of a group of people and/or self conscious.

Just like anything, there are superior examples of those who act, but as a baseline "talent"? It's a modest one, to be sure.

What the fuck is a baseline suppose to mean.

Being able to say your lines under pressure is about 0.001 percent of being an actor.

Granted it is mostly an innate ability.

But make no mistake the vast majority of people cannot do it.

Simple Simon

« Reply #105 on: October 20, 2014, 01:07:57 PM »
\\

LOL...the idiot speaketh.

I dated an actress in Manhattan around 94-95, and she pushed me to try and land some roles myself. I actually got cast in two off-Broadway productions and had fairly large speaking role in an indie film a director she knew was filming. the pressure is ridiculous, and I didn't pursue it any further. takes a special breed to be successful actor.

And I'm great...imagine how horribly you would fail.

You are aware people are already searching for that film at this very moment.

And lol at you not able to do the easiest job in the world.

Have you managed to succeed at anything apart from living off women?

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: October 20, 2014, 01:11:01 PM »
Acting isn't something anyone can do but there sure as hell isn't a shortage of people who can do it.
Even pop stars and rappers who haven't had any previous acting experience can waltz into a movie role and do a respectable job.

The guys who direct the movies, write the scripts, compose the soundtracks etc. are the genuinely "talented" individuals.

EXACTLY. WELL SAID.

Your entire post is bang-on, actually.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #107 on: October 20, 2014, 03:30:58 PM »

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #108 on: October 20, 2014, 04:41:42 PM »
Why is everyone forgetting Keanu Reeves?

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: October 20, 2014, 06:42:04 PM »
brad cruise is better than tom pitt imo.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: October 20, 2014, 08:11:04 PM »
I prefer to judge by myself than going for mostly useless awards, i agree with Fortress... Both are not that great, but Cruise has more range and can act a bit better... As for movies, The Last Samurai is probably superior than everything Pitt ever did... Just my opinions of course...

There is nothing wrong with judging who you like for yourself. This is just a thought, but unless you are in the business, as in being an actor, producer or director etc. your opinion is just that....kind of like an uneducated guess. Other than if you happen to agree with the masses who support a movie or actor at the box office, your opinion doesn't mean much in the scope of things. Of course, being a big box office draw also does not mean an actor is good at their craft, it just means they are popular.

I get a kick out of the way some of you mention movie titles, such as you did with The Last Samurai, in comparison to another actor's ability. So to example your statement, The Last Samurai could be a superior movie to any that Brad Pitt has been in, but this says absolutely nothing about anyone's acting ability. Sometimes great performances happen in really lousy movies and vice versa.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #111 on: October 20, 2014, 08:15:41 PM »
You are aware people are already searching for that film at this very moment.

And lol at you not able to do the easiest job in the world.

Have you managed to succeed at anything apart from living off women?

careful careful....scumbag  :D

and you already admitted you are making shit up, so now you just look like your usual obsessed asshole self that doesn't know how to move on  ;)

and by "people" you mean YOU, fucking obsessed mental patient....LOLOL

good luck, you''ll NEVER find it  ;)

Simple Simon

« Reply #112 on: October 20, 2014, 11:48:52 PM »
careful careful....scumbag  :D

and you already admitted you are making shit up, so now you just look like your usual obsessed asshole self that doesn't know how to move on  ;)

and by "people" you mean YOU, fucking obsessed mental patient....LOLOL

good luck, you''ll NEVER find it  ;)
You just said your girl got you two acting parts and a role in a film, sounds like she was looking after to you to me.

By your own hand mate.

Just too dumb to realise it.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #113 on: October 21, 2014, 01:31:26 AM »

Give it a rest.

What's stopping u from making millions and becoming the next johnny depp stud?

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: October 21, 2014, 01:35:34 AM »
Patrick swayze should be in the discussion 8)

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #115 on: October 21, 2014, 03:28:33 AM »
Patrick swayze should be in the discussion 8)

Cruise 》depp 》pitt 》keanu 》ethan hawke 》 swazye 》

Papper

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: October 21, 2014, 03:34:35 AM »
Sometimes I think people saying al pacino and bobby deniro is just going off their prime movies.. and leaning against popular opinion

Have you seen everything theyve done? Theyve done so much crap lately.

Tom cruise easily has a better track record than those guys. With all due respect

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: October 21, 2014, 03:52:35 AM »
Cruise 》depp 》pitt 》keanu 》ethan hawke 》 swazye 》

Haha Keanu, might as well add arnold

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #118 on: October 21, 2014, 04:08:17 AM »
There is nothing wrong with judging who you like for yourself. This is just a thought, but unless you are in the business, as in being an actor, producer or director etc. your opinion is just that....kind of like an uneducated guess. Other than if you happen to agree with the masses who support a movie or actor at the box office, your opinion doesn't mean much in the scope of things. Of course, being a big box office draw also does not mean an actor is good at their craft, it just means they are popular.

I get a kick out of the way some of you mention movie titles, such as you did with The Last Samurai, in comparison to another actor's ability. So to example your statement, The Last Samurai could be a superior movie to any that Brad Pitt has been in, but this says absolutely nothing about anyone's acting ability. Sometimes great performances happen in really lousy movies and vice versa.
Absolutely, that was just my humble opinion... Regarding The Last Samurai i was comparing quality of movies, not acting, as you said there are shitty movies with great acting from someone... Although TLS, other than being a great movie, Cruise's acting in it is good...

forillagorilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #119 on: October 21, 2014, 05:11:19 AM »
Cruise is the biggest and most consistent movie star of all time for quality of movies, it's not even close at this point, only dicaprio could rival him if he keeps up the quality for another 15 years or so.

Clint Eastwood

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #120 on: October 21, 2014, 05:36:08 AM »
You just said your girl got you two acting parts and a role in a film, sounds like she was looking after to you to me.

By your own hand mate.

Just too dumb to realise it.

are you trying to convince me, yourself...or OMR ?   ;)

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #121 on: October 21, 2014, 05:40:32 AM »
Cruise is dependable.

When you go watch a Cruise-movie these days you know what you're gonna get.

If you want to see a Sci-fi movie that you know has a great budget played by that same dependable character (that Cruise always plays), Cruise is your choice of actor.

Oblivion, Edge of Tomorrow, Jack Reacher, Mission Impossible etc same type of character.

Only time Cruise went out of his way to play "someone else" was in Tropic Thunder.

With Cruise, you KNOW what you're gonna get.

With Brad Pitt, you can get anything from Autumn Legends, Joe Black, Fight Club, Troy or whatnot.
He's made lots of bad movies but several good ones too.

Not as consistent as dependable Top Cruise.

orion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #122 on: October 21, 2014, 06:20:27 AM »

C'mon, if you were any good you would have pursued it.  Or did the thought of making millions and have super models wet themselves over you just not appeal to you?

Papper

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: October 21, 2014, 06:25:27 AM »
Haha Keanu, might as well add arnold

Look at what movies he has under his belt. Hr was in Dracula even.

Swazye has 1 really good one.. ghost. .

Road house and that surfer movie are debatable :)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #124 on: October 21, 2014, 06:27:58 AM »
Road house and that surfer movie are debatable  Awesome :)

Fixed.   Wade Garrett's presence alone takes out any debate about Roadhouse.
Y