Author Topic: Feminism Getting Out of Hand in 'Murica'  (Read 9072 times)

Fortress

• Getbig V
Re: Feminism Getting Out of Hand in 'Murica'
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2014, 08:57:47 AM »
There's the law and then there's context. Sadly, society seems to be losing its collective ability to note the difference. To watch this is to plainly see the context. He was being nothing in the way of inappropriate. Heck, he was giddy, smiling and amiable, and then playfully pecks a kiss on the side of the woman's head. Sure, the law allows for any physical contact to be identified as assault, but again, CONTEXT.

The world is quickly losing its marbles in so, so many ways, it's depressing.

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2014, 08:59:25 AM »
It's comsummerism not womans fault.

These poor feeble minded creatures can't help do what television has programmed them to be.

Producers want duel income households, they want the two genders to be competing for resources, just so they can please the other sex by looking more attractive.

Woman don't wanna compete with men, but the powers at be want that shit, it creates higher consumer spending.

Close.  Producers, Banks and Tax collectors want duel incomes to mask inflation and the loss of the purchasing power of the dollar.  

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2014, 09:02:59 AM »
 :D

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2014, 09:37:49 AM »
It seems to me women are rejecting feminism, en masse.

I remember, not long ago, when it was all the rage for women not wanting to be "objectified," and seen as sex objects.

Fast forward to 2014, and I can't remember a time when women dressed in a more sexually provocative manner. It's as though there is no such thing as loose fitting clothes.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2014, 09:49:41 AM »
Question for getbiggers:

What if your wife or girlfriend or boyfriend came home and said to you, "My boss is so playful. As we were talking and joking around, he playfully kissed me on the cheek."

How would you react? I highly doubt anyone here would be okay with it. What makes you think the sport reporter was okay with it?  :-\ :-\
X

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2014, 09:52:04 AM »
Question for getbiggers:

What if your wife or girlfriend or boyfriend came home and said to you, "My boss is so playful. As we were talking and joking around, he playfully kissed me on the cheek."

How would you react? I highly doubt anyone here would be okay with it. What makes you think the sport reporter was okay with it?  :-\ :-\

Again, CONTEXT.

Can you fathom what this means in a general sense?

MikMaq

« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2014, 09:55:38 AM »
There's the law and then there's context. Sadly, society seems to be losing its collective ability to note the difference. To watch this is to plainly see the context. He was being nothing in the way of inappropriate. Heck, he was giddy, smiling and amiable, and then playfully pecks a kiss on the side of the woman's head. Sure, the law allows for any physical contact to be identified as assault, but again, CONTEXT.

The world is quickly losing its marbles in so, so many ways, it's depressing.

Problem is no one knows the context. The only person that can claim to understand the context is the woman.

The initiator is completely at the will of the other person.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2014, 09:57:46 AM »
I'm not a feminist nor do I approve the real intend of feminism which is not equality but the acquisition of power.  The woman did not initiate the kiss and if she has a problem with it, its her right to say so. It's not the right of some random woman to interpret the incident for her.  We don't know how well these two are acquainted  They may be great friends and know each other very well and the intimacy displaced by the male quite appropriate or at least understandable.
A

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2014, 09:58:27 AM »
Again, CONTEXT.

Can you fathom what this means in a general sense?

First, no, I cannot, because context is based on individual perception. The fact that we are all having DIFFERENT reactions to this news article just shows that context is based on an individuals unique experience. I do not know how the news reporter thought of it. Maybe she thought the context was wrong since she was on the job.

Second, even in the right context, I have a sneaking suspicion most guys would get mad.
X

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2014, 10:36:00 AM »
I don`t see how anyone supports what the fecal critter did in my opinion.  It is sexual assault if she did not ask for it.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2014, 10:37:56 AM »
Question for getbiggers:

Exactly.  Hilarious that these people here look the other way because they worship men who play sports.  I would not tolerate this at all if that was my wife or girlfriend. 

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2014, 10:52:40 AM »
NBA Should Penalize Tristan Thompson For Kissing Sideline Reporter (Video)

http://dimemag.com/2014/10/nba-penalize-tristan-thompson-kissing-sideline-reporter/

"It’s the year 2014, and this type of behavior is inexcusable. When Tristan Thompson kissed Cavaliers sideline reporter Allie Clifton on Friday night, it marked a huge lapse in judgement and a dunderheaded ignorance of women’s rights in this country.

Thompson had a good game on Friday night with 17 points (6-of-8 shooting) and 11 rebounds in under 30 minutes of action when the Cavs lost to the Mavs 107-102. Allie Clifton didn’t have as much fun as Thompson because she had to interview him for her job. After calling her “Tina,” with a wink, Thompson leaned in to kiss Clifton on the side of head when the interview had finished. Clifton, ever the pro, barely missed a beat, but that’s still no excuse for the sexist display from Thompson.
"

They will soon castrate men, and have them walk on their own pavements eyes to the floor. A cheeky harmless joke and people want to lynch the guy and stick him on sex offenders register.

Time to get rid of the token female sideline reporters.

Then Pam Oliver can give Dana Linn Bailey her wig back.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2014, 11:27:23 AM »
Exactly.  Hilarious that these people here look the other way because they worship men who play sports.  I would not tolerate this at all if that was my wife or girlfriend. 

Me either.

And if we want to talk about context, it would be more appropriate to give someone a kiss, say, at a christmas party, birthday party, or if maybe if youre meeting the person for dinner, etc. But who wants to get kissed while they're at their job?

People's obsession with sport players is baffling. If this was at a regular office job, that guy would be canned. But hes a sport player, and thinks he can get away with anything.
X

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2014, 11:28:23 AM »
Me either.

And if we want to talk about context, it would be more appropriate to give someone a kiss, say, at a christmas party, birthday party, or if maybe if youre meeting the person for dinner, etc. But who wants to get kissed while they're at their job?

People's obsession with sport players is baffling. If this was at a regular office job, that guy would be canned. But hes a sport player, and thinks he can get away with anything.

Bet you wouldn't mind if Phil Heath kissed you after winning his 5th Olympia.  :-*

Waller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2014, 11:29:32 AM »
I don`t see how anyone supports what the fecal critter did in my opinion.  It is sexual assault if she did not ask for it.

What's sexual about a peck on the side of somebody's head?

I'd wager you were kissed like that as a child..

I ETA PI

• Getbig III
  • TAPPA KEGGA BREW!
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2014, 11:31:36 AM »

Are you saying he treated her like a child? 

Waller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2014, 11:33:29 AM »
Are you saying he treated her like a child? 

I asked a question,  then said I'd bet he was kissed in the same manner as a child.

Sorry if that was confusing for you.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2014, 11:34:57 AM »
Me either.

Many times I have given female co-workers hugs and cheek kisses and never have these ever been met with anything but returned affection and smiles. And without saying what I do, let's just say my career is DEFINITELY one NOT to push with anything that could be considered sexual harassment or otherwise. It's the manner with which you do it, folks. Most intelligent people can determine what's something to accept as act of friendship and/or affection and what is an expression of harassment or assault.

You people are loony.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2014, 11:35:03 AM »
I asked a question,  then said I'd bet he was kissed in the same manner as a child.

Sorry if that was confusing for you.
I was never kissed by a strange black man as a child.  

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2014, 11:35:57 AM »
Many times I have given female co-workers hugs and cheek kisses and never have these ever been met with anything but returned affection and smiles. And without saying what I do, let's just say my career is DEFINITELY one NOT to push with anything that could be considered sexual harassment or otherwise. It's the manner with which you do it, folks. Most intelligent people can determine what's something to accept as act of friendship and/or affection and what is an expression of harassment or assault.

You people are loony.

How was this case an act of friendship.  Did you not see the creepiness of the whole thing?

MikMaq

« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2014, 11:36:32 AM »

Lol, you'd let a grown man kiss you as an adult?
Me either.

That not the point, this is where cultural relativistism  is absurd.

In any country kissing a man on the cheek is borderline gay, the point in those cultures is that in doing  borderline gay shit, your proving your willingness to be a descent chap.  

At no point is it meant to be impersonal but exactly the opposite.

You people are loony.

Lol any girl lays a hand on my autistic body and I will freak the fuck out, I don't like being touched, bitchest gotta fuck right off.

Waller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2014, 11:37:35 AM »
I was never kissed by a strange black man as a child.  

Keep up TA, I said kissed like that. Not kissed by someone like that.

But good to know,  congrats.

Waller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2014, 11:40:22 AM »
Lol, you'd let a grown man kiss you as an adult?

Depending on the adult, yes. It's irrelevant though.

Unless you're interested?

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2014, 11:47:31 AM »
How was this case an act of friendship. Did you not see the creepiness of the whole thing?

No, I did not. Without knowing the history (if any) between the two, it looks like a jovial athlete in an after-game interview who plants a spirited little peck onto the side of a female reporter's head, in fun.

Put it this way. If that reporter was my girl, seeing this as a stand-alone event, presented as is, it wouldn't have me remotely angered or jealous.

FUCK, HE GAVE HER A PECK ON THE SIDE OF THE HEAD.  

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2014, 11:53:07 AM »
And by the way, I give my best friends (male) hugs all the time. And occasionally, if I haven't seen them for a while, a quick peck on the cheek while I am hugging them.

Yeah, I know ... Outed!  ::)

Perhaps I'm just one who recognizes the importance of those who I deem important, to me, and I have little hesitation to show it. This isn't a gay/straight thing, either. I'm as straight as they come.