Author Topic: 23 y.o. 1000lbs squat  (Read 34935 times)

Simple Simon

Re: 23 y.o. 1000lbs squat
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2014, 12:14:28 PM »
Another pussy who doesn't squat.
Nope, never and it hasnt affected my leg development at all.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2014, 12:21:16 PM »
my point is if you are going to get big legs you will get them regardless of which exercises you use.
yes but different exercises (or fashion of execution) will stress different parts of the leg

this sounds like epic bro science but it was a theory i came up with years ago

and turns out louie simmons claims the same theory

so i think it's pretty legit

he said "power lifting squats" build the leg size near the hip and upright squats build the size near the knee

Simple Simon

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2014, 12:23:58 PM »
yes but different exercises (or fashion of execution) will stress different parts of the leg

this sounds like epic bro science but it was a theory i came up with years ago

and turns out louie simmons claims the same theory

so i think it's pretty legit

he said "power lifting squats" build the leg size near the hip and upright squats build the size near the knee
the quads straighten the leg and the hamstrings pull the heel towrds your arse.

Do those two things under stress and your legs will grow.

Hack squats outer sweep.   ::)

the trainer

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2014, 12:24:56 PM »
Nope, never and it hasnt affected my leg development at all.

You have fake strength your support muscles are weak as hell you would hurt yourself lifting a heavy box.

Simple Simon

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2014, 12:26:01 PM »
You have fake strength your support muscles are weak as hell you would hurt yourself lifting a heavy box.
I have two herniated discs in my lower back, so yes I have a problem lifting heavy awkward things.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2014, 12:27:18 PM »
Volume, drugs and genetics build leg size more than 'PL' vs 'Oly' squat, unless you are pure ego lifting leverage lifter like Layne nerdstorm

PLers usually have shitty legs because they usually do a little bit of low rep work and spend an hour sitting on a bench sucking on an oxygen mask. Lillebridge is probably on 3 grams a week of the hard stuff but he's not going to do anything volume wise that would take away from his strength

branch does most of his pressing with a close grip so according to broscience he should have huge tris and no chest.

either way, crazy lift. Hip replacement by 45

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2014, 12:27:49 PM »
the quads straighten the leg and the hamstrings pull the heel towrds your arse.

Do those two things under stress and your legs will grow.

Hack squats outer sweep.   ::)

i know you are always trolling about exericise and diet

in reality you walk around with a calculator, 12 tupperwares, protractor and level tools at the gym

;D

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2014, 01:09:12 PM »
anyone who believes paul anderson could squat 1200 probably also believes that sri chinmoy can press 7,000lb with one arm.
bill pearl believes.   paul anderson won an olympic gold medal, sri chimmoy is a fakir...big difference....
F

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2014, 01:22:29 PM »
I have two herniated discs in my lower back, so yes I have a problem lifting heavy awkward things.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2014, 01:31:47 PM »
Anderson's #1200 is myth status, but I don't doubt that he'd be in the running with the top guys still today if you take into account previous known performances, plus the boost from modern knee wraps, etc....

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2014, 01:41:05 PM »
Crazy how easy those squats in the 800-955 range went up...

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2014, 02:12:49 PM »
it depends on execution

the more upright the torso the more the knees will travel forward

an olympic full squat barely breaks paralel

because the knees travel so much forward and so the shin bone inclines to the front and lowers the knee height also and so the thigh bone ends up horizontal when knee is fully folded

this way the quads take a big load of the work almost like leg extensions

true story

many olympic lifters have phenomenal quads

but hack squats machine are more practical

perfect example, this is his full depth yet the thigh is parallel

massive load on the quads

I attribute Oly lifters having big quads to genetics. Let me explain.

If you take 1000 random people off the street of all different races, body structures, heights, etc... and line them up to choose the best swimmers. There will be about 100 which will be phenomenal swimmers with training, and the rest will be mediocre at best. Why? Because those 100 will have long limbs, tall and have the lung capacity for holding their breath and moving their muscles for a prolonged period of time. A guy who's 5'2 with stubby arms and legs has a snowball's chance in hell "swimming" his way to a swimmer's build (long limbs, long torso, etc...). My mom signed me up for basketball and swimming when I was in elementary school in hopes I would grow taller in the future  ::) She saw that basketball players and swimmers were tall and figured they were tall because they play the sport, not the fact that they play the sport BECAUSE they're tall and are built for it.

So when people say "look at oly lifters and their huge legs, it must be because they're doing clean and jerks and snatches" I say that the reason they're good at clean and jerks and snatches (with heavy weights) is because they were built for it.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2014, 02:50:09 PM »
bill pearl believes.   paul anderson won an olympic gold medal, sri chimmoy is a fakir...big difference....

paul anderson never did that squat in competition. or in front of anyone. it's an apocryphal lift, like his "back lift" that was in the guinness books until the 80s when they were forced to concede that they hadn't actually seen him do it.

it's funny how all of anderson's most herculean feats happened with no one watching, meanwhile every single one of his competition lifts got shattered later.

dude was a circus lifter, like valentin dikul and isaac nesser. yeah he was a record setter, but he wasn't inhuman, his best lifts got decimated in the olympics even within his lifetime. hell alexeev beat his C&P by over 100lb.

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2014, 02:52:32 PM »
he looks about 40.  ::) at least skorp actually looks ok on juice.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2014, 03:12:22 PM »
paul anderson never did that squat in competition. or in front of anyone. it's an apocryphal lift, like his "back lift" that was in the guinness books until the 80s when they were forced to concede that they hadn't actually seen him do it.

it's funny how all of anderson's most herculean feats happened with no one watching, meanwhile every single one of his competition lifts got shattered later.

dude was a circus lifter, like valentin dikul and isaac nesser. yeah he was a record setter, but he wasn't inhuman, his best lifts got decimated in the olympics even within his lifetime. hell alexeev beat his C&P by over 100lb.
this was it the 10,000.00 dollar challenge. he squatted with it in silver dollars if you could do it to you kept them.
F

DanM

• Getbig III
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2014, 03:12:44 PM »
Sad how guys like zyzz seem to get more respect around here then guys like this, if anything respect the guys extreme work ethic and the balls he has to step under and move such crazy weights raw. A 23yr old kid just squatted a 1000lbs raw, he's one of the strongest people on the planet. Time to put your insecurities aside.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2014, 03:15:12 PM »
paul was the man.300 plus lb shoulder presses for reps , 300 lb neck swings no problem.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2014, 03:16:13 PM »
 :o
F

Louis Cipher

• Getbig II
  • Aue Caesar, Morituri Te Salutant!
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2014, 03:47:16 PM »
Which validates my point about squats not building your legs.

Any exercise will build your legs if you are meant to have big legs.

Tell that to Tom Platz...

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2014, 03:50:09 PM »
anyone who believes paul anderson could squat 1200 probably also believes that sri chinmoy can press 7,000lb with one arm.

Ed Coan believes it but what would he know right

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2014, 03:55:57 PM »
Ugliest and oldest looking 23 year old ever.
Strong but fat and ugly

Looks like a 40 year old. Even Shizzo would trade livers with this guy.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2014, 04:39:09 PM »

I just want to quote you and say thanks for using the word "apocryphal" correctly. It made my day.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2014, 05:48:19 PM »
If I took 1000lbs off the squat rack my body would snap in half. Come on Simple, I'm waiting for your witty reply.  ;D

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2014, 07:56:08 PM »
Paul Anderson is still the man.  Sri Chimchiminychimchimchere e?   Not so much.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2014, 08:18:34 PM »
Un-fucking-believable.

A 23-yr old freak squats 1001lbs (not to mention making 805lb look like it was 135lbs) and the majority of ppl here are concerned with his facial features and overall looks.

Good squat bro.