Author Topic: Bodybuilding routiine-what do you think?  (Read 1253 times)

bash31

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Bodybuilding routiine-what do you think?
« on: February 16, 2006, 01:26:11 AM »
OK, heres the question, first off, I used to do lots of squats and front squats, my knees hurt a little when I went up in weight say about 200-220kg. So I decided to alternate my squats and front squats every other week, and all was well with the world and my knees, plus I was also gettig a few extra reps out on all leg movements. So heres my thinking, and I have implemented this, I have one work out for each body part one week, then a totally different work out for the same body part the next week.
Mon-Back
Deads, db rows, pulldowns, shurgs front and back/bb rows, pulldowns, cable rows, db shrugs

Tues-Shoulders and Tris
side lat raises, db press. bb press pushdowns, cg press, bench dips/bb press, side raises cable, shoulder press on machine cable ex, 1 arm reverse cable ex cg press

Thur-Legs
Squats, hacks, ext, seated curl, 1 leg lying curl, calfs/Front squat, leg press, leg ex, sldl, lying leg curl calfs

Fri-Chest and Bis
db press, inc db press cybex press, db curls, chin curls and forearms/db inc press, db press, bench press, bb curls, preacher machine curs and forearms.

Would like to know what you all think, can give you weight and reps if you want.
But i would like to say that i think it keeps the body guessing every workout and all reps either go up or weight goes up.
Look forward to your opinions.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Re: Bodybuilding routiine-what do you think?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 08:02:17 AM »
Alternating each week would work, while experimenting with different alternate exercises.

Another variation would be to do the same exercise for about a month, then switch to another exercise for a month, etc.

In my experience, the best way to avoid knee soreness is to use a little less weight, and increase intensity by others means:

-Higher reps along with good warmups on a stationary bike, etc. Size will not be sacrificing, in fact it blows up the thighs.
-Another way to do same would be to pre-exhaust the thighs with another thigh exercise before doing squats.
-Increase intensity by doing compound thigh supersets, partials, etc.,

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2006, 10:37:41 AM »
I will do both squats and front squats in the same session. I don't always do them both, about 70% of the time though. Best thing to do to kep my knees from falling apart is:

Stationary bike 5min
Leg ext 2x15-20
Leg press 2x15-20
Next begin squats

bash31

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2006, 05:18:48 AM »
Arnold Jr
Thanks for the reply, I used to do both front and normal squats, but I was getting stronger all the time but my knees were giving me a bit of grief. So as you I preexhausted my legs then did squats-just like the great Lee Haney, but with strength going up all the time-same thing happened lol. Oh well, maybe its time to just stick at a reasonable weight and do more reps and give up on getting stornger on the movement. Probably stick with high reaps of 180kilos.