Author Topic: Best Horror Movies  (Read 35553 times)

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
Re: Best Horror Movie
« Reply #75 on: October 22, 2014, 08:38:51 PM »
Alien is definitely a sci-fi horror movie.  The chest-burster was one of the most shocking scenes in movie history.

Invasion of the Bodysnatchers was a pretty creepy movie back in 1978.

I was scared to fall asleep after seeing "Invasion of the Bodysnatchers" - I was like 7.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #76 on: October 22, 2014, 09:06:40 PM »
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #77 on: October 22, 2014, 09:09:34 PM »
P.T. which is the silent hill teaser on PS4 scared me more than any horror movie and i've seen just about all of them

E
E

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #78 on: October 22, 2014, 09:41:20 PM »
my favorite

E

i like the old one with chris sarandon,great movie.peter vincent the great vampire killer
R

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: October 23, 2014, 01:38:26 AM »
The Borderlands

The Audition

Eden Lake

Lobstah

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh crap.
« Reply #80 on: October 23, 2014, 02:42:07 AM »
Haven't read the thread yet:

Slumber Party Massacre

Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers

And my all-time favorite, FRANKENHOOKER

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #81 on: October 23, 2014, 03:04:39 AM »
Without a doubt Martyrs was the most disturbing movie I have ever seen in my entire life. Was a good movie, but I swore I would never watch it again.

Here, here.  I won't watch it again, yet I'd still have seen it had someone described t to me.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #82 on: October 23, 2014, 03:31:05 AM »
Without a doubt Martyrs was the most disturbing movie I have ever seen in my entire life. Was a good movie, but I swore I would never watch it again.

The first half was fairly enjoyable, a hard, but normal horror film, but the second half became literally unbearable. Every more minute it became worse, you felt the suffering of the girl literally on your own body, and were almost relieved when the bitch finally died. Passion of the Christ was kids stuff compared to that.

I was about to turn off, to puke and idK what else, somehow I made it to the end (watching it alone didn't make it easier I guess). And I was well in my 20s watching that movie. Didn't sleep the night either. But I loved the "ending twist", a lotta room for speculation and interpretation ;D

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #83 on: October 23, 2014, 04:46:42 AM »
The horror/noir movie that scared me the most was and is masterpiece Deep Red by Dario Argento, by far no comparison, Phenomena was also pretty disturbing... Most hopeless feeling always Dawn Of The Dead 1978 (Romero's best imo) with Goblin soundtrack... Recently i would say Paranormal Activity was pretty uneasy and scary...

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: October 23, 2014, 07:11:01 AM »
Signs:

Highwaymen:

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #85 on: October 23, 2014, 09:02:23 AM »
The Shining = #1

Note: I did enjoy Jeepers Creepers

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #86 on: October 23, 2014, 09:22:58 AM »
1. Exorcist
2. Carrie
3. The Shining
4. Nightmare on Elm Street
5. Alien

The Exorcist far and away is my #1. Legitimately scared the shit out of me when I saw it. It is the only horror movie I saw people walk out of.

pissant

• Getbig III
« Reply #87 on: October 23, 2014, 09:45:12 AM »
inside

frontiers

the ring

youre next

event horizon

the shining

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #88 on: October 23, 2014, 09:47:15 AM »
Haven't read the thread yet:

Slumber Party Massacre

Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers

And my all-time favorite, FRANKENHOOKER

FRANKENHOOKER had the best VHS cover.  You press the button on it and it would say "Want a date?"  hahaha

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #89 on: October 23, 2014, 10:28:34 AM »
Good that it got mentioned,
"Dawn Of The Dead"/1978 - the penultimate Zombie film.
"Day Of The Dead"/1985, could have been even better but was cut short because of rating issues which halved its budget(3.5 Million $ instead of 7...
highly recommended to download and read the script because it peeks into Romero's truly great initial version.

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: October 23, 2014, 10:43:01 AM »
If anyone likes checking out older movies you've never seen check out these reviews, Cinemassacres Monster Madness every Halloween: http://cinemassacre.com/category/moviereviews/monstermadness/

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #91 on: October 23, 2014, 11:02:54 AM »
"Day Of The Dead"/1985, could have been even better but was cut short because of rating issues which halved its budget(3.5 Million $ instead of 7...
highly recommended to download and read the script because it peeks into Romero's truly great initial version.

1978 Dawn Of The Dead is the best zombie movie ever in my opinion, it has everything... The 2004 remake was decent but not even close, plus i fucking hate running zombies...

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #92 on: October 23, 2014, 02:36:30 PM »
1978 Dawn Of The Dead is the best zombie movie ever in my opinion, it has everything... The 2004 remake was decent but not even close, plus i fucking hate running zombies...

i agree man,i watched it on tv in 78 or 79 n it was the scariest shit ive ever seen,u remember (CHILDREN SHOULDNT PLAY WITH DEAD THINGS),GREAT ZOMBIE MOVIE ALSO
R

Lobstah

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh crap.
« Reply #93 on: October 23, 2014, 02:44:18 PM »

I lost my virginity watching Dawn of the Dead on VHS (or DVD...I don't remember format at this point...)
NOW YOU KNOW!

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: October 23, 2014, 02:45:21 PM »
I lost my virginity watching Dawn of the Dead on VHS (or DVD...I don't remember format at this point...)
NOW YOU KNOW!

Totally understandable. It brought out the horny in all us.

Lobstah

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh crap.
« Reply #95 on: October 23, 2014, 02:46:48 PM »
FRANKENHOOKER had the best VHS cover.  You press the button on it and it would say "Want a date?"  hahaha
I forst saw Frankenhooker on HBO as a kid, and it was immediately followed by a movie called "Him & Me," where a guy hates that his dick does allthe thinking for him, and the dick, sick of being badmouthed, leaves. So the guy spends most of the movie bonerless and then eventually they make friends again and his boner comes back. Not an X-rated movie and no actual shots of boners. Just a lot of pants-height POV, kind of like when they do puppy-cam, only better. HILARIOUS

Lobstah

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh crap.
« Reply #96 on: October 23, 2014, 02:48:32 PM »
Totally understandable. It brought out the horny in all us.
C'mooooonnnn, I was 17. Everything brings out the horny when you're 17, especially watching scary movies with your boyfriend.
I think the second movie I ever banged through was Leprechaun 4: Leprechaun in the Hood.
Come to think of it, I've made a lot of poor movie-bang decisions.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: October 23, 2014, 02:55:41 PM »
C'mooooonnnn, I was 17. Everything brings out the horny when you're 17, especially watching scary movies with your boyfriend.
I think the second movie I ever banged through was Leprechaun 4: Leprechaun in the Hood.
Come to think of it, I've made a lot of poor movie-bang decisions.

Ha! Horror really seems to rev your engine.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: October 23, 2014, 03:04:26 PM »
In general I'm not a horror fan - because I'm a pussy and get scared and stay up at night just staring at the ceiling lol

But horror movies that I have enjoyed:

1.  28 days later
2.  Dawn of the dead (the remake - never saw the original)
3.  The Shining (to be fair I had read the book before)
4.  The Mist (Not super scary but fucked up ending in the movie version - I had also read the book before)
5.  I am Legend - Not really a horror movie but It scared the shit out of me nonetheless!
6.  Alien - YES!!!
7.  Bram Stokers Dracula - Just because I love how it brings in the history of Vlad the Impaler
8.  Signs - not super scary or anything but really erked me out!
9.  Fire in the Sky - not a horror movie by any account... BUT THERE IS THAT ONE SCENE!!!

A couple of comments on what you guys posted (Full disclosure:  I haven't seen any of those below, just read about them):

A Serbian Film - Everyone and Anyone will confirm there is no plot or story or point - its just someone trying to get major shock out of the audience.

Cannibal Holocaust - From what I recall the filmmakers were taken to court for that true turtle killing and because some people really believed that the impaled girl was really killed (along with other fake corpses in the movie) - also I think I read two of the cast members fucked in real life prior to filming to prepare for the movie!

Martyr - Holy shit, I just read the plot on Wikipedia and WTF!!!!  Seriously WTF!!!!!

One of the most disturbing movies I've ever read about and I can in no way get myself to watch is:  Salo or the 120 days of sodom  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sal%C3%B2,_or_the_120_Days_of_Sodom

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: October 23, 2014, 03:11:58 PM »
NOSFERATU (1921) Iconic German original !.