Author Topic: Bodybuilders Stigma - Why Meatheads are perceived this way  (Read 44749 times)

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
Re: Bodybuilders stigma
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2014, 09:09:42 AM »
i dont think i'll ever work out off steroids again

it's totally pointless

unless maybe some jogging, situps and push ups once in a while

I would work out, regardless. I have no issues of going off for a few months periodically and loosing size, nor would I have much issues going off for ever as I'm working on other parts of my life/personality too. Tho' for some reason the "stigma" is that everyone who's doing that is dumb, poor, uneducated and mentally challenged. Well maybe that's how it is is US, idk.

Cutlet767

• Getbig III
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2014, 09:19:26 AM »
I would work out, regardless. I have no issues of going off for a few months periodically and loosing size, nor would I have much issues going off for ever as I'm working on other parts of my life/personality too. Tho' for some reason the "stigma" is that everyone who's doing that is dumb, poor, uneducated and mentally challenged. Well maybe that's how it is is US, idk.

After the initial dramatic decline in muscle size, it's feasible to still make improvements after you've declined. So, those who quit obviously only started because they were in it solely for the instant gratification.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2014, 09:56:52 AM »
After the initial dramatic decline in muscle size, it's feasible to still make improvements after you've declined. So, those who quit obviously only started because they were in it solely for the instant gratification.

These were doing that for the wrong reasons, that's true. It's possible to at least be ripped and athletic without drugs. With drugs one can be ripped, athletic and just more "perfect" animal in some ways. It's possible to get by driving an old beat up car, as long as it gets you to a destination on time, but it's possible to drive a ferarri too.

Cutlet767

• Getbig III
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2014, 10:02:50 AM »
These were doing that for the wrong reasons, that's true. It's possible to at least be ripped and athletic without drugs. With drugs one can be ripped, athletic and just more "perfect" animal in some ways. It's possible to get by driving an old beat up car, as long as it gets you to a destination on time, but it's possible to drive a ferarri too.

I guess the only issue with that is people will think you're still using even in that "old beat up car" which can be very discouraging.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2014, 12:27:07 PM »
Well if you want to go from point a to b in a ferari while you could do the same in a "normal" car, it means you re whoring for attention and shouldnt be too suprised of some kind of hate/backlash from poorer people you precisely intended to belittle in the first place. Ever heard of humility? If you choose an extreme instead of a balanced approach, dont be surprised to generate extreme answers in return.

MikMaq

« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2014, 12:53:42 PM »
Get big just got serious, ***remembers why no one here talks about training****

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2014, 01:27:23 PM »
Well if you want to go from point a to b in a ferari while you could do the same in a "normal" car, it means you re whoring for attention and shouldnt be too suprised of some kind of hate/backlash from poorer people you precisely intended to belittle in the first place. Ever heard of humility? If you choose an extreme instead of a balanced approach, dont be surprised to generate extreme answers in return.

Have you ever drove a ferarri? I'm driving an expensive luxury car (doesn't matter what exactly, but not many people can buy cars like that) daily and trust me - there IS a difference in quality of living when you can owe nice things. It does make other jealous, just like having better face, better gf, better job or whatever.. Isn't life about being able to survive as effective as possible? (these new cars are quite a lof safer to drive, btw) Well nice things mean you are doing that successfully and chances to attract more successfull people who'll help you to continue (or a sexual partner with better genes) are bigger that way, it's subsconscious I guess (unless we start analyzing). Extreme success often requires extreme risk, extreme work, extreme effort (not always of course).

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2014, 01:31:47 PM »
some drive performancecars for the driving experience though.  majority probably does it for attention though

MikMaq

« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2014, 01:32:27 PM »
Of course life is intrinsically unfair and cruel; what maters is wether you have something useful for others to comensate for what you lack, in order to adapt and survive.

Lots of people try to compensate for their shortcomings by overdeveloping others aspects of their lives; this is why bullied small dumb guys inject steroids to feel confident and dominant among other males. Remove the drugs there s nothing. Better educated kids develop their brains and study to become rich and buy power.
No idea what your point is here?

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2014, 04:23:47 PM »
some drive performancecars for the driving experience though.  majority probably does it for attention though

to be honest i enjoy the power and handling the muscle cars have to offer, for instance my 84 vette can handle turns just as well as a ferrari.u can find that info out any where on the net easily, im also gonna say that theres a great feeling when some hot broads pull up next to u and u r in shape driving a sweet looking muscle car,as far as attention thats at the top of the list imo
R

APE907

• Getbig III
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2014, 04:48:49 PM »
thats cool man,i drive a 84 vette and wish i could get a new one like u did but id be hurting my son cause it would tighten up the money somewhat. im just gonna keep driving the old vette and give my son everything i can possibly give him to make him happy

You a good father.

World needs more people like you.

Would fix so many of the fcked up adults who did not get what they needed from their parents during formative years as children.

Too many adults have kids and continue with life like nothing ever changed......than wonder why the children they raised are disasters.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2014, 05:18:21 PM »

You a good father.

World needs more people like you.

Would fix so many of the fcked up adults who did not get what they needed from their parents during formative years as children.

Too adults have kids and continue with life like nothing ever changed......than wonder why the children they raised are disasters.

thanks brother i try my best, i have fallen off the wagon afew times but got right back on the wagon and started fresh.its not easy when your fighting an uphill battle everyday
R

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2014, 06:33:39 PM »
typical poor mans answer. Talkd anout humility cause he is afraid that his wife eill leave him for a guy with a ferrariä

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Bodybuilders Stigma - Why Meatheads are perceived this way
« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2014, 07:37:32 AM »
BAck on the Bodybuilders Stigma.

I was in NewPort RI this weekend at a shopping plaza, temp was like 38 degrees and raining ...was crowded despite the weather .....

then you have these 2 latinos bodybuilders, in black tank tops lat spreading non stop, like the guy Compton on beginning of this thread....

What I don't get is ; these two guys could b in the Men's heath cover easily, tall, handsome, Big muscles, lean ( NO HOMO) and baddsses tattoos....

So Why the insecurity ?

Needless to say everyone was looking at them like 2 clowns ....

WoooSSSHHHHHHHH SHOWING OFF

Cutlet767

• Getbig III
« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2014, 02:35:25 AM »
Have you ever drove a ferarri? I'm driving an expensive luxury car (doesn't matter what exactly, but not many people can buy cars like that) daily and trust me - there IS a difference in quality of living when you can owe nice things. It does make other jealous, just like having better face, better gf, better job or whatever.. Isn't life about being able to survive as effective as possible? (these new cars are quite a lof safer to drive, btw) Well nice things mean you are doing that successfully and chances to attract more successfull people who'll help you to continue (or a sexual partner with better genes) are bigger that way, it's subconscious I guess (unless we start analyzing). Extreme success often requires extreme risk, extreme work, extreme effort (not always of course).  NO wonder he loves his steroids, and is secure enough to come out about loving them. It's because at some point when the drugs do so damn MUCH for you to turn you from average primordial slime with a shitty haircut to fucking Hercules, you tend to develop such a strong love that you happily share it with the rest of the world. So, in a way you can say that this is one of the areas where his genetics are working for him. He has a strategic mind.

This is true... very true.

Especially agree with the part about being able to attract a sexual partner with better genes (at least in the physical sense). Look at Richard Piano.. How the fuck would someone like him land some of the hotties he does without all the gear? Without the gear, he would literally be a poor, miserable nobody and would have died as a nobody as well. But, it's not all in the gear. It's also in his ability to utilize and wield that power in ways that benefit him substantially. Not every gym rat with good genetics for size can market himself, pose, and get his physique out there to become more successful.

BAck on the Bodybuilders Stigma.

I was in NewPort RI this weekend at a shopping plaza, temp was like 38 degrees and raining ...was crowded despite the weather .....

then you have these 2 latinos bodybuilders, in black tank tops lat spreading non stop, like the guy on beginning of this thread....

What I don't get is ; these two guys could b in the Men's heath cover easily, tall, handsome, Big muscles, lean ( NO HOMO) and baddsses tattoos....

So Why the insecurity ?

Needless to say everyone was looking at them like 2 clowns ....

WoooSSSHHHHHHHH SHOWING OFF

The reason is, in their cases they either don't know how to get themselves out there properly (i.e. have the personalities of rocks), or just give off a shitty vibe. As you say, people looked at them like clowns. Chances are that if they tried to market themselves, the audience they try to reach out to will look at them in the same damn way no matter if they were online, or at an expo flexing their synthetically made arms.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2014, 04:56:23 AM »
my vettes in shop this week getting work done on it,my wife has a little rio kia and im not gonna lie,i feel lost in that car. i guess maybe i have been identifying myself with sports cars all my life that i feel lost when im not driving mine. i do realize i have alittle low self esteem among other things,if i didnt the car i drove wouldnt effect me. also the gym thing,its almost like i have to train cause im so used to people who know me and that i used to know saying(hows the lifting going man) its kinda like i feel im letting people down if i dont workout,but in reality they dont give a shit whether im training or not its just something they say to start conversation. i had a weird childhood and got pushed around alot by my guardians so i guess when i started working and had my own life i felt i had to make up for the lost time by driving sports cars and building up my body,banging women ect, i do realize it was all just a front and deep down i would of rather been home watching a movie hanging out with my dog back then. everytime id get a new broad or new sports car id have to drive around where everyone could see me,i was trying to hard to say (hey look at me,i made it)all along i was just a lonely person. it wasnt until my son was born 8 yrs ago that i realized what life was really about, id give up everything just to hang out with my son and see him succeed in life and be happy
R

Cutlet767

• Getbig III
« Reply #66 on: November 05, 2014, 05:02:39 AM »
my vettes in shop this week getting work done on it,my wife has a little rio kia and im not gonna lie,i feel lost in that car. i guess maybe i have been identifying myself with sports cars all my life that i feel lost when im not driving mine. i do realize i have alittle low self esteem among other things,if i didnt the car i drove wouldnt effect me. also the gym thing,its almost like i have to train cause im so used to people who know me and that i used to know saying(hows the lifting going man) its kinda like i feel im letting people down if i dont workout,but in reality they dont give a shit whether im training or not its just something they say to start conversation. i had a weird childhood and got pushed around alot by my guardians so i guess when i started working and had my own life i felt i had to make up for the lost time by driving sports cars and building up my body,banging women ect, i do realize it was all just a front and deep down i would of rather been home watching a movie hanging out with my dog back then. everytime id get a new broad or new sports car id have to drive around where everyone could see me,i was trying to hard to say (hey look at me,i made it)all along i was just a lonely person. it wasnt until my son was born 8 yrs ago that i realized what life was really about, id give up everything just to hang out with my son and see him succeed in life and be happy

That's the reality for every bodybuilder in the industry today. Doesn't even matter if you're natural or enhanced, but it's a lot worse if you're enhanced because once you lose that muscle, you literally lose everything along with it...

There are some legitimate friends in the industry, but it's inherently shallow. No one really cares if your mother died or something. There are no friends if there's no muscle involved... Never seen it happen before.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #67 on: November 05, 2014, 05:11:58 AM »

That's the reality for every bodybuilder in the industry today. Doesn't even matter if you're natural or enhanced, but it's a lot worse if you're enhanced because once you lose that muscle, you literally lose everything along with it...

There are some legitimate friends in the industry, but it's inherently shallow. No one really cares if your mother died or something. There are no friends if there's no muscle involved... Never seen it happen before.

very true words u just wrote, its a cold world out there and i always say if a person has 1 or 2 really good freinds in life hes a lucky person,in the end thats all there is,family and close freinds,everyone else wasnt really there for us unless we had something to offer in return,families love is unconditional though
R

Cutlet767

• Getbig III
« Reply #68 on: November 05, 2014, 05:18:28 AM »
very true words u just wrote, its a cold world out there and i always say if a person has 1 or 2 really good freinds in life hes a lucky person,in the end thats all there is,family and close freinds,everyone else wasnt really there for us unless we had something to offer in return,families love is unconditional though

At a certain stage in life, this reality kicks in for everyone. generally it kicks in in the early 20s. But by the late 20s, everyone goes their separate ways and only make associates rather than friends. Relationships are formed and partners chosen based on potential for personal success.

It's easy to see how a bodybuilder could become completely consumed by the whole thing, because without bodybuilding, many have no purpose or reason to live. That's why many don't care if they die.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #69 on: November 05, 2014, 05:25:01 AM »
to be honest i enjoy the power and handling the muscle cars have to offer, for instance my 84 vette can handle turns just as well as a ferrari.u can find that info out any where on the net easily, im also gonna say that theres a great feeling when some hot broads pull up next to u and u r in shape driving a sweet looking muscle car,as far as attention thats at the top of the list imo
lol

no.... just no

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #70 on: November 05, 2014, 08:38:04 AM »
I tell bodybuilders the same thing I tell fat people.  Look as ridiculous as you want as long as I don't have to pay your medical bills.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #71 on: November 26, 2014, 03:47:34 PM »
... And more on the bodybuilders stigma ;

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHHHH BeyE kE

forillagorilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: November 26, 2014, 03:54:41 PM »
most people just shift their focus toward smarter, more natural endeavours like studies, careers... doing so they re as obsessive as bodybuilders. It all depends of your upbringings, education, environment.

And then there is you... Spending most of your day on a board dedicated to stupid bodybuilders - where you post and post about how you don't care that you have no muscle cause you don't want muscles and don't even like them.. You do this as a service cause as you said you see right through the be!!  LOL

WOOOOSSSHHHH.   

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #73 on: November 26, 2014, 04:35:14 PM »
... And more on the bodybuilders stigma ;

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHHHH BeyE kE

at least he admits to being jealous

E
E

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: November 26, 2014, 05:16:25 PM »
BB's have mental illness of body dysmorphism which leads to drug (steroid) addiction

to each their own, everyone makes their own choices

just don't use steroids then lie and say youre natural