Author Topic: Do still celebrate your birthday?  (Read 2609 times)

AmonRa

Do still celebrate your birthday?
« on: October 25, 2014, 02:00:20 PM »
Do still celebrate your birthday? My birthday is coming up and I feel like I don't care anymore.

Simple Simon

Re: Do still celebrate your birthday?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 02:02:20 PM »
Do still celebrate your birthday? My birthday is coming up and I feel like I don't care anymore.
Nah, not really
TBH your birthday should be a time that you buy gifts for your mother, after all she did all the work on that day, you did fuck all.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 02:09:05 PM »
no, getting older is shit, not something to celebrate

HonestBob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 02:13:22 PM »
Nah, not really
TBH your birthday should be a time that you buy gifts for your mother, after all she did all the work on that day, you did fuck all.

That would go down a treat with my mother.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2014, 02:14:48 PM »
That's for women, children, and self-important morons.

Real men ignore their birthday.

MikMaq

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2014, 02:17:45 PM »
Nah, not really
Lol my birthday and mothers day are usually less than a week apart

Anyways I use to, use my bday as an excuse to pressure my friends into getting blind drunk.

Nowadays I just go out by myself, to an expensive restaurant and eat by myself.

Antonio fella

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2014, 02:20:42 PM »
Lol my birthday and mothers day are usually less than a week apart

Anyways I use to, use my bday as an excuse to pressure my friends into getting blind drunk.

Nowadays I just go out by myself, to an expensive restaurant and eat by myself.

All alone ? In the corner? :(

Just let getbig know and we can all Skype you while you eating or do a group chat etc

To op question... I do celebrate with best friends and gf but I'm not old as most of you fucks here pushing 65+ my 20s soon be gone , next year I will welcome 30s! Ah life is wonderful ! :D
!

MikMaq

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2014, 02:23:36 PM »
All alone ? In the corner? :(

Just let getbig know and we can all Skype you while you eating or do a group chat etc

To op question... I do celebrate with best friends but I'm not old as most of you fucks here pushing 65+ my 20s soon be gone , next year I will welcome 30s! Ah life is wonderful !
I actually enjoy being by myself believe or not.

If I'm with people I just wanna keep going until everyone ends up drunk.

Mr.Mojo

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2014, 02:26:39 PM »
no, getting older is shit, not something to celebrate

right, getting older is shit...
otherwise if you`re not getting older, you`re dead

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2014, 02:55:20 PM »
I do. This year I took the day off and hiked the highest mountain in NY-Marcy. I like to start another year of life accomplishing something tough.

TEMPER

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2014, 02:59:53 PM »
Celebrate it? I forget how old I even am sometimes lol...I remember people asking me my age numerous times and every time I have to stop and actually think about it...They look at me like I'm strange but I NEVER think about it or celebrate birthdays so I always forget.

I legitimately think age is just a number I feel the same as when I was 18...

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2014, 03:00:26 PM »
Is Birthday Celebration a Sin?
Birthday observance as a doctrine is not discussed in the Bible. In short, birthdays are not condemned in Scripture as being sinful. However, some claim there is indirect evidence that birthdays should not be observed by Christians. Let's examine these claims.

Those who say that the Bible condemns birthday celebrations point to the fact that when it mentions birthdays it also mentions some terrible deeds that were associated with the birthdays. Specifically, the Bible describes murder-executions as occurring on the birthdays of Pharaoh and Herod. However, famous biblical tragedies linked with birthdays do not show that the proper observance of a birthday is displeasing to God. Pharaoh and Herod had people executed whenever they pleased. The fact that they chose to do this on their birthdays does not mean it is wrong to observe a birthday.

Some contend that birthdays are of pagan origin, and shouldn't be observed for this reason, but this argument is not logical. Some pagans also traditionally had wild revelry and orgies at weddings and funerals. This does not prevent us from having decent weddings or funeral services, and it shouldn't prevent us from having birthday parties that reflect right values.

Opponents of birthday celebrations point out that many ceremonies (like birthdays) and symbols we use in these ceremonies (such as candles) were first used by non-Christians in pagan ceremonies. However, just because something originated in such a culture does not automatically make it wrong. The pagans even had harvest festivals dedicated to pagan gods before God gave Israel the round of annual festivals, which were seasonal harvest festivals!

Birthdays are basically anniversaries. We celebrate many kinds of anniversaries — weddings, dates of employment, dates on which congregations were founded, and so on. A birthday is the remembrance of the date of one’s birth and is just as acceptable as other anniversaries.

Of course, the inappropriate revelry and partying that occurs at some celebrations is condemned in the Bible regardless of whether the occasion is a birthday or some other activity. Any birthday celebrations should reflect godly values. However, because some people act unseemly during a celebration does not make the celebration itself wrong.

We can give gifts and flowers to our family and friends on their birthdays, and celebrate with a party. There is nothing objectionable with this level of celebration, but we do warn against drunkenness and wild revelry associated with a type of partying attitude common in some parts of our society. Common sense also tells us we shouldn't foster an inordinate desire for gifts and selfishness in children. But a birthday celebration in itself is not automatically wrong.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2014, 03:04:55 PM »
Nah, not really

lol that's actually a good point :D
b

Simple Simon

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2014, 03:07:52 PM »

lol that's actually a good point :D
We have had it tits up for years.
the day a child is born should be a celebration of the mother.

MikMaq

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2014, 03:14:11 PM »
right, getting older is shit...
otherwise if you`re not getting older, you`re dead
Fuck that, surviving to a certain age is something to be proud of. Most people aren't so lucky.

Granted if your 25, you should just be greatful to still be young.

EastCoastChick

• Getbig III
  • How the f%@k do you post personal pics?
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2014, 03:18:27 PM »

Yes I do, actually take a whole week off every fall to do just that. Im at the end of that week now.  ;)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2014, 10:58:16 PM »
I would prefer not to, but my family keeps making a big deal about it. my son and daughter-in-law threw me a major birthday party this year to celebrate my 70th birthday. It went on for three days. I almost had a stroke!  ;D

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2014, 11:08:24 PM »
I don't get why grown men would like to have a big fuss made about their birthday, one fat bloke at work told everyone who would listen his birthday was coming up and even bought cakes and tried to get everyone to have one.

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2014, 05:09:37 AM »
Birthday celebration for men is funny. Its just a manifestation from the "look at me generation". Everything needs to be a big deal. After all, if pics are not posted on facebook, it never happened. Girls love Bdays though for the same reason. When guys want it, its a total beta cry for attention seeking.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2014, 05:14:44 AM »
I would prefer not to, but my family keeps making a big deal about it. my son and daughter-in-law threw me a major birthday party this year to celebrate my 70th birthday. It went on for three days. I almost had a stroke!  ;D

Being here to celebrate beats the alternative!  Mom and I have birthdays two days apart.  I make sure to spend her day with her and consider that my celebration as well.  :-*

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2014, 05:37:11 AM »
i stopped caring about my birthday when i started realizing it meant i was that much closer to being in a box 6 ft under
R

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2014, 05:46:34 AM »
i stopped caring about my birthday when i started realizing it meant i was that much closer to being in a box 6 ft under
I don´t think about it much. I know people who passed away before 30 so at 48 i´m lucky i suppose. illness can come to anyone. worse when it hits young people. I´ve had Colitis Ulcerosa for years and am still around. My colon nearly ruptured years ago and i´m lucky to be here. worrying about a few wrinkles and grey hair don´t bother me. got my Colonoscopy on 13.11 a control one.

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2014, 05:50:20 AM »
Not really. No. I figure that's something women and children do.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2014, 05:51:25 AM »
Not really. No. I figure that's something women and children do.
women are basically children in their heads

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2014, 05:54:53 AM »
women are basically children in their heads

Don't get me started. LOL. My opinion of women at this point in my life is a very low one.