Author Topic: Do/did you fear losing gains? [The permabulker trap]  (Read 6486 times)

Simple Simon

Re: Do/did you fear losing gains? [The permabulker trap]
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2014, 03:11:42 PM »
Nearly every bodybuilder I know always added 10 to 20 lbs to their bodyweight and thats after weighing themselves fully clothed at the gym. I always told them you cant weigh in contest time fully clothed, never really got the whole weight thing, its bodybuilding they dont judge you on it, its just a number.
I knew a guy who used to weigh himself with his backpack of clothes on after he trained.    ;D

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2014, 03:48:06 PM »
The definition of a permabulker, to me, is simple. It is someone who uses bodybuilding as their excuse to eat whatever they want.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2014, 04:11:18 PM »
I sure have fallen into this trap. IMO a permabulker needs to have the mentality of " I don't care if I burn every ounce if muscle off my body to get lean, I can always put on the muscle later. Lean with no muscle is still better than permabulker." 

Now the beauty to this is that muscle doesn't burn off as easily as bro science says it does. Just don't fast more than 70 hrs or do marathon cardio and you should be fine.  My .02.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2014, 07:54:26 PM »
'but i need eat X Y and Z for fuel'. bro, you're covered in fuel. put the fork down.

hahaha brilliant.
b

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2014, 08:35:48 PM »
i roll my eyes at morons who weigh themselves at the gym

as if they dont have a scale at home

what is their mission rreally?

i think they hope people will ask their weight ::)

Get a life , everything is upsetting & depressing U !.

::)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2014, 08:44:29 PM »
I recently gave this fear up. It is incredibly freeing.

dustin

« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2014, 08:53:43 PM »
I used to until I realized that catabolism just occurs in minute amounts. You don't lose pounds of muscle overnight. If your body isn't well, you can drop some intramuscular water and that's it. What's the problem with that? Just get better, have a couple good workouts and fill back out. That's all. If you lose micrograms of amino acids and muscle tissue it's impossible to notice. Absolutely no point in worrying about shit like that. Worrying in and of itself is probably more catabolic than anything.

Another thing I did was built a solid foundation. Had to come off gear for a long time which exposed my crappy foundation. It's probably better than what I give it credit for, but coming off and feeling like shit really does something to you. I focused on getting healthy first, building my cardio and then slowly building muscle (which is slow as fuck being clean/natural). Looked very good without drugs and looked even better on them once I started juicing again. Don't have to juice hard or diet as hard now. I have a base. If I get smaller, I'm not a small guy, I'm just smaller than what I'd like. I have a base. So no more fears of being "small". Fat guys feel small because they usually are small and look like shit to begin with; their only saving grace is being huge and fat so they feel "big".

heenok

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2014, 02:33:03 AM »
You can stop the diet straight away, you are a fat pig on your inside who can't wait to jump face-first into a food buffet again.

You would not have to diet in the first place if you had the right long term mindset on dieting, you disgusting fat animal.

You are weak, you do not even get the most simple part of lifting right, the diet.

Why do you even bother training?

oh brother  ::)
im probably leaner and have more willpower and dedication than you will ever have you imbecile

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2014, 02:48:33 AM »

oh brother  ::)
im probably leaner and have more willpower and dedication than you will ever have you imbecile

....hah.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2014, 03:46:14 AM »
i always stayed bundled up when i was in the (transition) phase,reason being i did low to zero carbs and when u start losing mass amounts of water and your fullness starts to disappear and add on the over all bodyweight dropping a person can get overwhelmed looking in mirror seeing hes shrinking. but if u hang in there and just ride it out u will start to see a awesome change happening and noticing a great shape coming on,when the change is done u will see a masterpeice u never knew was hidden under the water,fat and bloat that kept it hidden
R

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2014, 04:22:10 AM »
The definition of a permabulker, to me, is simple. It is someone who uses bodybuilding as their excuse to eat whatever they want.

While this applies to many, it doesn't apply to all. During my perma bulking days, I used to actually eat quite strict and avoid "junk" foods. For me, being a perma bulker actually required far more effort then being lean because I had to constantly eat and make sure the food was from good sources. There were times I literally force fed myself. I look back on those days and shake my head. ;D

Perma bulking is popular because the average person often cannot tell the difference between being lean and muscular and being fat and muscular. They see some perma bulker fatty and compliment him on being "huge". This feeds to ego of the perma bulker and encourages them to keep doing what they are doing.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2014, 04:39:36 AM »
While this applies to many, it doesn't apply to all. During my perma bulking days, I used to actually eat quite strict and avoid "junk" foods. For me, being a perma bulker actually required far more effort then being lean because I had to constantly eat and make sure the food was from good sources. There were times I literally force fed myself. I look back on those days and shake my head. ;D

Perma bulking is popular because the average person often cannot tell the difference between being lean and muscular and being fat and muscular. They see some perma bulker fatty and compliment him on being "huge". This feeds to ego of the perma bulker and encourages them to keep doing what they are doing.

yes i agree the overload on the digestive system is brutal man, that has to take its toll on the body after yrs and yrs of doing that.i think staying leaner is much better ESPECIALLY now as im older, being a perma bulker at 50 isnt the wisest thing a person can do,the body will not take that overload on the digestive system at that age and ulcers and other stomach problems will pop up
R

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2014, 07:55:11 AM »
I remember when I was younger I used to fear losing gains, i.e. "not overdo cardio", "always have an animal protein source for every dish", chug protein drinks within the 30 min anabolic window etc oh brother  ::)
Of course it's all in the head, but it was more like a psychological torture to skip a workout day or being below caloric breakeven.

The permabulker is nothing more but this same person, but who never outgrows this mentality.

Does this sound familiar or did you avoid this trap from the beginning of your venture into the world of bodybuild?

Maybe some are like that? I'm just naturally a big, wide guy.

In my case, I love eating , plain and simple. So, I'm kinda fat now, but my frame and shape allows me to look "big" in clothes .
I recently started doing "just cardio" and cutting back on my overall food intake to lose some wt and get healthier.
I'm up to an hr , 5 days a week on the inclined treadmill now.
I couldn't care less about size now.

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2014, 04:52:50 PM »
I recently gave this fear up. It is incredibly freeing.

This. I dont even worry about protein. I just eat 1600-2200 kcals usually and look leaner and better than ever. Im 6 foot and all sorts of bros tell me "dude thats too low of cals!"

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2014, 10:46:37 PM »
This. I dont even worry about protein. I just eat 1600-2200 kcals usually and look leaner and better than ever. Im 6 foot and all sorts of bros tell me "dude thats too low of cals!"

I honestly don't know what I am doing differently other than just eating less lately. My weight has leveled out at 185 lbs. I am a shrunken 5'9 1/2". What is weird is that my waist measurement keeps shrinking. I am almost down to just pinching skin there with almost no fat. Like I said, I don't know why, but I am liking it. The only problem is a little bit of loose skin. Hopefully the daily massage using coconut oil will take care of this.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2014, 01:18:02 AM »
I knew a guy who used to weigh himself with his backpack of clothes on after he trained.    ;D

When I was younger it was all about hitting 20st, I actualy enjoyed those years of ignorant bliss...