Author Topic: Seriously what teh fuck is with this antidepressant shit-gym works way better.  (Read 4435 times)

MikMaq

Honestly I'm so fucking tired of this depression bullshit.

Quite honestly the only thing that ever worked, was realizing the entire medical community as well as most of western society are a bunch of homos(no homo,  phobia intended).

Your depressed go get a job working hard labor in some third world shitwhole, that'll set you straight.

This dude I'm talking too, has been on antidepressants for ten years, and can't get doctor support to get off, wtf is with these pillhead doctors.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
depression is a biological condition which affects the psyche not the other way around

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
It is my understanding that testosterone has been prescribed in Europe as a treatment for depression.

Simple Simon

It is my understanding that testosterone has been prescribed in Europe as a treatment for depression.
Ah..testosterone, the cause of, and solution to, all life's problems.

MikMaq

depression is a biological condition which affects the psyche not the other way around
Problem is that, doctors are prescribing hard drugs, to what amounts to an emotional hangover.

Complex Carbs

Honestly I'm so fucking tired of this depression bullshit.

Quite honestly the only thing that ever worked, was realizing the entire medical community as well as most of western society are a bunch of homos(no homo,  phobia intended).

Your depressed go get a job working hard labor in some third world shitwhole, that'll set you straight.

This dude I'm talking too, has been on antidepressants for ten years, and can't get doctor support to get off, wtf is with these pillhead doctors.
Oh look, another up and coming nobel prize nominee, who just solved the matter of depression in one brief summary on the internet.

You send a depresive person to such a place and they gonna kill themselves, you fat, thick miscarriage.

The medical community is all a big fraud scheme you say?

Do you know how long a doctor has to study?
Do you think they are playing with their own balls at university classes?

You fat fuck airhead can't even spell properly, yet you go and talk shit about doctors?

And what would you know about training and its effects on the psyche?
You have never trained anything except lifting cupcakes to your retard face.

Hope this hurts.

MikMaq

Oh look, another up and coming nobel prize nominee, who just solved the matter of depression in one brief summary on the internet.

You send a depresive person to such a place and they gonna kill themselves, you fat, thick miscarriage.

You fat fuck airhead can't even spell properly, yet you go and talk shit about doctors?

Hope this hurts.

I was being fictitious with the gym-working examples. but the rest I meant.

Depression is 10 percent of the proble, 90 percent of it, is treating your emotions like they have ownership over your life, and all your possessions.

FYI do your research the medical community has severly fucked up in the rescent past.

Autism being a very obvious example.

blackbart12090

• Getbig II
  • I was so black it was 2005 it was magnificent.

Depression is 10 percent of the proble, 90 percent of it, is treating your emotions like they have ownership over your life, and all your possessions.

FYI do your research the medical community has severly fucked up in the rescent past.

This makes no sense.

MikMaq

This makes no sense.

Quite literally a decade ago.

A dude with mild autism could walk into a doctors office-complain of autistic symptons A through Z, and get put on antidepressants.

When in reality putting anyone on the autism spectrum on pills is a dicey situation.

Lobstah

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh crap.
I think a lot of people don't realize this, and think it's just "feeling bad" or whatever. When you look at mental health as being as serious and important as physical health, you realize the suggestion that "the gym works way better" is not really a valid statement.
Problem is that, doctors are prescribing hard drugs, to what amounts to an emotional hangover.
I agree with you on this, but to be fair, I think it's important that patients take responsibility for their own health as well, and tell their doctor that they'd like to be conservative with medication. I've been dealing with depression for a LONG ass time, and while I've been fortunate/patient to find other ways to manage it (because I didn't want to find myself addicted to anything or unable to function without it), more severe cases require a more aggressive approach. It is, after all, a chemical problem determined by genetics, not just "I'm having a bad day."
People often speak up for themselves with regard to other aspects of their health. For example, some harmless (BUT OBSTRUSIVE) ovarian cysts manifest themselves in older women, and the doctor's first suggestion will be surgery or anti-estrogens. Surgery is FUCKING CUTTING YOU OPEN, and anti-estrogens can cause osteoporosis in women, so the smart thing to do, assuming the woman is old enough, would be to WAIT IT OUT and let menopause do the work. If a woman asks her doctor about this, they'll say "of course, yes, that will probably solve the problem," but no doctor ever suggests this conservative treatment first.
My point is merely that we can blame the doctors for being aggressive and constantly pushing drugs or whatever lines their own pockets, but we also have to take responsibility for never questioning their judgment. At the end of the day, these are OUR bodies.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
I think a lot of people don't realize this, and think it's just "feeling bad" or whatever.
people fail to realize that all of these issues are a product of brain anatomy

but joe average he still believes in freudian doctrine

these people are hopelessly uneducated and a waste of tiem argueing with them

a depressed person can feel on top of the world when he goes to bed and wake up with physically overwhelming feelings of depression

this is not a matter of "oh he's just thinking negatively  ::) ::) ::)"

it's an actual physiological problem

but simpletons gonna be simpletons

fuck it

may they frost themselves in ignorance i dont give a fuck

MikMaq

I think a lot of people don't realize this, and think it's just "feeling bad" or whatever. When you look at mental health as being as serious and important as physical health, you realize the suggestion that "the gym works way better" is not really a valid statement.
The problem is people focus way to much effort on trying to fix depression, instead of just managing it.

Lobstah

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh crap.
The problem is people focus way to much effort on trying to fix depression, instead of just managing it.

This I also agree with WHOLEHEARTEDLY. we don't try to FIX anything that is genetic and physical, so for the life of me I can't figure out why we try to do it with psychological issues.
The truth is that a lot of doctors are trying to make a quick buck. If they slice you open or have you coming in for prescription after prescription, they make dough. Your actual health is irrelevant to a lot of these crooks.

MikMaq

This I also agree with WHOLEHEARTEDLY. we don't try to FIX anything that is genetic and physical, so for the life of me I can't figure out why we try to do it with psychological issues.
The truth is that a lot of doctors are trying to make a quick buck. If they slice you open or have you coming in for prescription after prescription, they make dough. Your actual health is irrelevant to a lot of these crooks.
I also think our society is just opposed to the idea of people excepting things are the way they are.

It's like some great crime if people have to admit we live in a shitty substandard world.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
I also think our society is just opposed to the idea of people excepting things are the way they are.

what about fat acceptance? gay acceptance?

MikMaq

what about fat acceptance? gay acceptance?
gay sure, fat fuck no, that is a fucking plague to our society.

I think the second you acknowledge that are emotions are real, and that they don't have ownership of anything in this life, the second the fat shaming begins :D

Deacon Jeschin

• Getbig IV

Autism could be behind the logic used on your take on depression.  You are way off.....

Consider yourself lucky that you are not a sufferer......

Lobstah

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh crap.
I also think our society is just opposed
 to the idea of people excepting things are the way they are.

It's like some great crime if people have to admit we live in a shitty substandard world.
I hear you,  but depression can be debilitating.  if you can function, but accept it, that's pretty lucky. A lot of us, though, have been unable to leave the house for days at a time,  unwilling to get out of bed,  and incapable of explaining the cause or the feeling to those around us.  That's not the kind of life you can just "accept."

Anyway,  sorry to have stepped in as the board rep for depressives haha.  I've just had it affect my health and well-being more than I care to accept or revisit. Medication was a temporary but life-changing godsend.

MikMaq

Autism could be behind the logic used on your take on depression.  You are way off.....

Consider yourself lucky that you are not a sufferer......
I know I'm not now, but before I realize I was on the spectrum, I thought for certain my depression was the real thing.

The point is, I'm not lucky and they're likely far more in a similar type situation like myself.

Dont' get me wrong, I feel like complete shit quite often.

But it passes, it only really gets bad if I focus on fixing it.

However if I went to a doc, I would be on antidepressants for life.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
gh15 said black people's brain cant produce stress or depression

how the fuck

in gods name

???

Deacon Jeschin

• Getbig IV
I know I'm not now, but before I realize I was on the spectrum, I thought for certain my depression was the real thing.

The point is, I'm not lucky and they're likely far more in a similar type situation like myself.

Dont' get me wrong, I feel like complete shit quite often.

But it passes, it only really gets bad if I focus on fixing it.

However if I went to a doc, I would be on antidepressants for life.

Your last sentence includes "I would be on antidepressants for life."  Perhaps.....but that is YOU.  Everybody is not wired the same.  Some people cannot "shake it off" or go to the gym to erase depression, anxiety, etc. Therapy helps people, but even that is not enough sometimes.

If your depression "passes" like you say, consider yourself blessed, my friend.  Others are not so lucky.

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
Medication is WAY over prescribed for all illnesses. But depression is a disease that can be treated with medication. It's ignorant fux that stigmatize mental illness which causes a lot of unnecessary suffering.

muscleman-2013

• Getbig V
  • Team Trump

Hope this hurts.

America is overdrugged.  No question about it.  No other country drugs it's populace to the same degree.
Ψ

heenok

• Getbig IV
ive been cruising on 50mg zoloft ED for almost a decade
stuff makes your cock numb, impossible to bust while having sex

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
a friend of mine blocked it all with Alcohol which must have made it worse in my opinion. He then went to a Doctor who had him dropping pills like sweets. I canīt remember why but he changed Doctors and his new Doc cut his medication down and now he takes much less. He had Panic attacks before but seems much better now.