Author Topic: How I Picture Married Life....  (Read 28185 times)

Natural Man

• Getbig V
Re: How I Picture Married Life....
« Reply #125 on: October 29, 2014, 03:25:20 PM »
That's a valid question....... 30 years back in time, for someone who was 40 at that time. 20-30 years from now - 50-60 will be very different in many ways, compared to current 50-60. Physically, but that's just one side, another - technologies. You'll be able to have a "companioship" in ways that we can't even imagine currently (probably even AI will be a good friend to have a company, or maybe it will be a better friend than real people, who knows..). Peoples brains are used to thinking "linear", but that's not how technological evolution happens. Life will be VERY different for these who'll manage to stay alive 30 years from this day and I'm confident to say that most uf us aren't able to even imagine of HOW different it will be. From heart transplants, grown in a lab, to brain regeneration, stem cell therapies, full immersion virtual reality, etc... just earn some fukkin money, that's what a main goal must be for these who are afraid of becoming "lonely".
you re out of your mind.

Being lonely at 50/60 and later -if you get there- will always suck. It sucked 1000, 100 years ago, it sucks now, and it will always suck. Having an artificial heart and a chip in your brain or not. You re way overrating technology and science.
 The older you get, the less relationships you have, if you dont have close relatives , kids, grandkids. Nothing replace family. Fact is as you age you become a kid again and you re FORCED to deal with people just like you were forced to once a kid, sent at school and facing the competition of others.

Also all the implants and progresses you re talking about will only be accessible to the richest. Most will tell you what's the point of living eternally if it's to be alone surrounded by people who dont give a shit about you; other old lonely people and prison retirement home wardens. People who dont really need you, not really as much as kids or grandkids would anyway.

The only thing you want as you get old, is to talk to someone who actually genuinely looks like he or she cares about what you re talking about, as it gets rarer and rarer as you become disgusting looking to most.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #126 on: October 29, 2014, 03:40:43 PM »
you re out of your mind.

Being lonely at 50/60 and later -if you get there- will always suck. It sucked 1000, 100 years ago, it sucks now, and it will always suck. Having an artificial heart and a chip in your brain or not. You re way overrating technology and science.
 The older you get, the less relationships you have, if you dont have close relatives , kids, grandkids. Nothing replace family. Fact is as you age you become a kid again and you re FORCED to deal with people just like you were forced to once a kid, sent at school and facing the competition of others.

Also all the implants and progresses you re talking about will only be accessible to the richest. Most will tell you what's the point of living eternally if it's to be alone surrounded by people who dont give a shit about you; other old lonely people and prison retirement home wardens. People who dont really need you, not really as much as kids or grandkids would anyway.

The only thing you want as you get old, is to talk to someone who actually genuinely looks like he or she cares about what you re talking about, as it gets rarer and rarer as you become disgusting looking to most.

Tell all that to my "lonely" grandmother who manages to have a bunch of friends of her age who are "lonely" too (my family is small and other family members does not isit her very often btw). You should see their nights of playing cards (does that less these days as some of them can't remember who's turn lol).
Speaking of living "eternally" (this won't happen, more like "a lot longer") you, just like most other people who are used to the "past", think it will be about living in an old body. Well, think again. It's VERY feasable that we will be able to be alot more healthier and stronger till our last breath, compared to what "old" means now.  And THAT's why I said "better concentrate on becoming as rich as possible".
 Anyway, you are vealutaing the future lookin at the present or past, it doesn't work like this. Very likely an AI will replace a close relative for these who are very old and very lonely. I personally don't plan on keeping myself alive if one day I'll realize that these who are around me are there just because they get paid for cleaning the sheets I pissed. I'll off myself that very minute and it does not scare me at all. You seem to be very scared of ending up "lonely" somehow, maybe there are some very unhappy lonely people in your family.

Mr.Mojo

• Getbig II
« Reply #127 on: October 29, 2014, 04:05:14 PM »
Getting married? lol That's the way a grown man's life should look like:

You forgot the third pic :

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: October 29, 2014, 04:15:25 PM »
I personally don't plan on keeping myself alive if one day I'll realize that these who are around me are there just because they get paid for cleaning the sheets I pissed. I'll off myself that very minute and it does not scare me at all. You seem to be very scared of ending up "lonely" somehow, maybe there are some very unhappy lonely people in your family.

Why would you off yourself, if your model is your beloved grandmother; who knows the people around her only take care of her cause they re paid to do so, still she keeps hanging on cause her only pleasure in life is to play cards with friends as lonely as her, they can trump the feeling of loneliness pretending to be friends, she can still eat some good food tommorrow , and there's this show on tv she likes ...etc. Just like everybody else you ll hang around until your body fails , if your mind doesnt first. If you knew the number of old people who kill themselves and are passed as natural deaths.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #129 on: October 29, 2014, 04:31:58 PM »
Why would you off yourself, if your model is your beloved grandmother; who knows the people around her only take care of her cause they re paid to do so, still she keeps hanging on cause her only pleasure in life is to play cards with friends as lonely as her, they can trump the feeling of loneliness pretending to be friends, she can still eat some good food tommorrow , and there's this show on tv she likes ...etc. Just like everybody else you ll hang around until your body fails , if your mind doesnt first. If you knew the number of old people who kill themselves and are passed as natural deaths.

Because I just may not like living life that has became to be of such a low resolution that it's like playing pac man instead of Battlefield. Just my personal preference. Being a burden to my relatives - thank's but not an option either, I'd love them too much. I'm sure that many old people kill themselves and a number would be higher if more of them would be of a high intelligence. Nothing wrong with that. Life is only worth liing as long as you are young (aka "healthy") and can enjoy your time (my said grandmother still can, to some extent, she's not a burden to us yet and...suprise - there are other "lonely" people too.. you can get togeher, you know.. Just like when you are young and meet new people of similar interests), simple as that.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #130 on: October 29, 2014, 04:34:14 PM »
You forgot the third pic :
it sucks that even frank mcgrath doesnt have sick veins when just sitting down relaxed

veins are a volatile matter

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #131 on: October 29, 2014, 04:39:34 PM »
I have a good time with it.  Lots of traveling, still party, etc.. we just bring the nanny with us now.

Skorp you will see why I am so lucky in Playa. My wife will party with us and even assist in your quest for enjoying fine tail. 

Note: Wife is in the process of dropping weight, she gained 60 pounds with the baby.  She's down 50 with 10 more to go.

Canal at the Venetian?

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: October 29, 2014, 04:48:37 PM »

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: October 29, 2014, 04:54:08 PM »
Canal at the Venetian?

We have been to Vegas probably 50 times and we've always wanted to. Always been to wrecked to consider getting on that thing.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #134 on: October 29, 2014, 05:04:05 PM »
We have been to Vegas probably 50 times and we've always wanted to. Always been to wrecked to consider getting on that thing.
Haha, yeah its a blast. I always stay at the venetian/palazzo, almost exclusively.

Do you always go as a family?

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: October 29, 2014, 05:06:19 PM »
I bailed on this marry-me-now broad about 15 years ago and she's now been married with kids for perhaps a little over a decade. Every time I see pics of him on her Facebook feed, he looks like he's begging for someone to put a bullet in his head.

She is a good woman, as far as they go, but still, I can't imagine ME being this dude ... and I would be, if I hadn't set sail from the relationship all those years ago. Little wanker kids destroying my peace, stealing my money for diapers and goofy sneakers, a wife who isn't blowing me NEAR enough and likely driving me batty with all her endless plans for the weekends and vacation times ...

I so enjoy coming home after a day at work and knowing there's no one there to harass me and keep me from my life passions: music/metal, guitar, YouTube, powerlifting, movies, pizza and burgers ... whatever.

I have five-buck blinds on my windows and no dinner table clogging my stereo space. I eat seated in my reclining chair and rock music DVDs all the time. When I wanna lift, I get the jets warming and leave when I want to. I buy the food I want.

I buy CDs like they're going out of style (well, they are, but ... ha, ha).

My walls have posters featuring The Ultimate Warrior and death metal bands.

Like I'm gonna let some broad ruin things for me.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: October 29, 2014, 05:12:24 PM »
Haha, yeah its a blast. I always stay at the venetian/palazzo, almost exclusively.

Do you always go as a family?

Love those rooms!!! Biggest on the strip. Also like the gaming/tables etc..

First time with the fam. Didn't want to leave my little girl. All of us really enjoyed. We had our nanny fly in two days later. So we also got to go rip it up at Drais a few nights.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #137 on: October 29, 2014, 05:16:22 PM »
I see the points a lot of you are making, and it is based on personal experiences. But why let a few bad relationships tarnish a whole concept and the idea behind it?

There's a lot of controlling crazed money grabbing freedom sapping sex destroying women out there...but this thread is not about them.

Totally agree with you broskie. It's refreshing to see this thread and not the typical 'getting married is a joke', started by guys like shizzo trying to justify don't getting laid.  ::)

f450

• Getbig IV
« Reply #138 on: October 29, 2014, 05:19:45 PM »
this, and we re not designed by nature to be alone, if you re not stimulated by the presence of other siblings, your brain starts deteriorating. Stress, pain, and loneliness both destroy the brain. Ideally an happy individual is surrounded by few significant people he has genuine relationships with. This is what keep your brain healthy; you mostly find these people in religious families. It somewhat slows the brain's aging process.
 As animals we exist to be function, part of something bigger; the family, the clan, the specie. The more you re being useful to others, the better you feel, as long as you re getting something in return.  

Blanket statements. We are not all the same. Many people are better alone and detest the stimulation provided by others.. Also many many more people dont give a fuck about being useful to anyone but themselves..

Best not to paint with too broad a brush.

P.S. marriage sucks and everybody knows this. some people get lucky. exceptions to the rule, thats all.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: October 29, 2014, 05:20:47 PM »
Yes

This is me this past weekend just gone....I worked 60 hours, earned a lot of money, went to a club and dropped 1k on a table, got drunk as a skunk and went home with two sisters.

I would rather chill in a cigar lounge come midnight go home to my hot wife and in the morning get woken up fresh by two cute babies

I was just about to suggest that one night stands get old, but you just said it for me.

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #140 on: October 29, 2014, 05:38:39 PM »
Old guys clubbing.....isn't cool, it's creepy. 50 yr old hipsters are sneered at by all

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #141 on: October 29, 2014, 05:49:01 PM »

This is me this past weekend just gone....I worked 60 hours, earned a lot of money, went to a club and dropped 1k on a table, got drunk as a skunk and went home with two sisters.

I would rather chill in a cigar lounge come midnight go home to my hot wife and in the morning get woken up fresh by two cute babies

$1K on a table so he can pose for a shitty selfie with two 6's..... ::)

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #142 on: October 29, 2014, 06:12:23 PM »

$1K on a table so he can pose for a shitty selfie with two 6's..... ::)

I know the one on the right...

But it has to be said, all this talk of "dropping 1k on a table", smoking cigars, expensive this & that, sounds like Skorp is getting thoroughly fleeced by people selling stuff at 5000% mark up.

It's a 'new money' thing. Wanting to be part of the upper classes - but you can never be one of them. That's old money. All this expensive wine/whiskey/champagne/cigars/cars is merely part of a fleece-job on new money by people that advertise in GQ.

People should do what they enjoy, not what their peers and magazines say they should enjoy to appear succesful.

Cigars taste like shit as does most wine. Cigars are merely a way to advertise that you are a "baller".

Real class surpasses the GQ value system.

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #143 on: October 29, 2014, 06:20:50 PM »
I do business with a gentleman worth 800 million, drives a 2010 pick up wears normal clothes wears a 30k platinum watch that looks like SS.....

Normal guy, forth fifth generation money...his son my age is normal polite friendly person.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #144 on: October 29, 2014, 06:36:48 PM »
Being married is cool, if you have the right woman. Most people settle, and thus are unhappy.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: October 29, 2014, 07:04:49 PM »
smack your daughter the same way and ask her how it feels.

Back on topic; the reason why i and my wife have been getting a long well enough for 12 years  is because we re the same age, same social class (SAME KIND OF INCOMES), same level of self esteem,  both growing up at the same pace and taking care of not letting the other lag behind,  etc A relationship is a complex mix of strenghts and weaknesses that cancel/improve each others to create a balance that allow both to survive facing the competition of others couples, families.
The less differences, the higher the odds you ll stay together. That's my opinion. I also strongly suggest man has to dominate in sex most of the time and make it clear no sex = violent breakup.

You forgot to mention the same parents.

Another great post though.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #146 on: October 29, 2014, 08:33:30 PM »
I was just about to suggest that one night stands get old, but you just said it for me.

Like you know anything about them.... smfh...

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #147 on: October 29, 2014, 08:39:52 PM »
Being married is cool, if you have the right woman. Most people settle, and thus are unhappy.

Most people just doesn't even have a chance to find someone compatible enough for a success, it's a dream that come true to a small percentage. How many of people you know that married their "big loves" (people who were "right" for them)? Most just "settled down" as you say and that's it. Many haven't even met their "really compatible partners" and doesn't know what it is like to be with one. Some just go insane after 10-20 years because of all that nonsense and everything bites the dust.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: October 29, 2014, 08:48:08 PM »
smack your daughter the same way and ask her how it feels.

Back on topic; the reason why i and my wife have been getting a long well enough for 12 years  is because we re the same age, same social class (SAME KIND OF INCOMES), same level of self esteem,  both growing up at the same pace and taking care of not letting the other lag behind,  etc A relationship is a complex mix of strenghts and weaknesses that cancel/improve each others to create a balance that allow both to survive facing the competition of others couples, families.
The less differences, the higher the odds you ll stay together. That's my opinion. I also strongly suggest man has to dominate in sex most of the time and make it clear no sex = violent breakup.

And what class would that be? Does your wife write "I and my husband" instead of my husband and I. If her level of self esteem is comparable to yours and you don't want sex some evening, does she get to violently break up with you too?

While I agree that compatibility is very important, if both partners are nearly identical in every respect, this could be very boring in the long run. Some level of independence and individuality is often the "spice" in a relationship.

If your wife is as much like you as you suggest, does she have an equal say in all decisions and are most major decisions joint decisions? Who has the final say, if anyone and why do they have it?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: October 29, 2014, 08:51:51 PM »
Like you know anything about them.... smfh...

You could be right. I don't have a lot of personal experience with one night stands....almost none in fact. However, literally all of our married friends eventually divorced. After the initial thrill of dating all over again, they claimed it really got old fast. I don't live in a vacuum.