Author Topic: Landrieu on Obama: South Not Always 'Friendliest Place for African-Americans'  (Read 4497 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Where I live failbama is not welcome either.    He is a terrorist and a racist criminal

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Are You Black??  - No
Do You Live In The South - No

Shut the fuck up then..

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAA!!!!  ;D

I'm black and lived in the south for over 30 years. I guess that means I can talk.

Old EEEEEVVIIIILLLL Whitey never stopped me from getting anything in life. I went to private school and was among the best in my class. I went to college on a full-ride scholarship and got my degree in engineering.

The bottom line is this: Landrieu is spewing this crap because she FEARS she's getting the boot, just like a number of Democrats who have a first-class ticket to the woodshed in less than 24 hours.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
::)  Oh nos.  He questioned my manhood.  I better respond to this.   :o

1.  You have to not be a hack to understand that this woman was playing the race card and trying to say that it's hard for a woman to get equal treatment by conservatives, war on women, blah blah blah.  So, your first problem in understanding this is that you're a hack.  

2.  You have to be a critical thinker.  If you're looking for precise phrases, and discount the implication of someone's words because they don't use the exact words that you think they should, you're going to have a problem.  So, your second problem is you're a simpleton.  I don't know if you are a simpleton in real life.  You could actually be a smart person in real life.  But on the board?  You are Simpleton Simon.  

3.  The woman said "It's not always been a good place for women to present ourselves.  It's more of a conservative place."  Clearly, "more a conservative place" qualifies "it's not always been a good place for women."  Anyone paying attention to liberal talking points knows precisely what she was trying to say.  This wasn't some reference to the woman's suffrage movement.   ::)  She was talking about present day.  But like I said, if you're a hack and simpleton that might fly right over your head.      

That is way more than I wanted to say about this.  I was going to just insult you and move on, but since you challenged my manhood, and the internets is really serious business, I had to clear this up.   >:(

OK, I get it -- You are ghey and in a snit.  lol

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAA!!!!  ;D

I'm black and lived in the south for over 30 years. I guess that means I can talk.

Old EEEEEVVIIIILLLL Whitey never stopped me from getting anything in life. I went to private school and was among the best in my class. I went to college on a full-ride scholarship and got my degree in engineering.

The bottom line is this: Landrieu is spewing this crap because she FEARS she's getting the boot, just like a number of Democrats who have a first-class ticket to the woodshed in less than 24 hours.

What's a shame is she might actually win after the runoff.  

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
nope
live in Texas, its not that way
then you must have an all white, gated community. good for you.
 Highland Park, Dallas and Preston Hollow, Dallas have the biggest bucks and the most racist judgmental whites around. I know, I hear the old men talking in the gym's locker room.  about that 'guy president. "
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
then you must have an all white, gated community. good for you.
 Highland Park, Dallas and Preston Hollow, Dallas have the biggest bucks and the most racist judgmental whites around. I know, I hear the old men talking in the gym's locker room.  about that 'guy president. "
Nope grew up near acres homes in houston. Racist people all over the place including blacks, Hispanics and Asians.

So some old man refers to the president as that "guy president" and somehow the system is rigged against blacks?

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
Nope grew up near acres homes in houston. Racist people all over the place including blacks, Hispanics and Asians.

So some old man refers to the president as that "guy president" and somehow the system is rigged against blacks?

yup.
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Cassidy leads Landrieu in internal poll
By Jonathan Easley
November 13, 2014

Rep. Bill Cassidy (R-La.) has opened up a 16-point lead over Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-La.) in their Louisiana Senate runoff, according to an internal poll conducted on behalf of the Cassidy campaign and obtained by The Hill.

Cassidy takes 56.6 percent against Landrieu’s 40.5 percent in the poll conducted by Magellan Strategies. While internal polls should be viewed with some skepticism, it’s the first head-to-head poll to be released in the runoff period. The RealClearPolitics average of polls taken before Election Day showed Cassidy up by 5 percent in the head-to-head matchup.

A source close to the Landrieu campaign strongly pushed back against the poll, arguing that it’s an automated, push-button survey conducted by a conservative outlet, that it used loaded terms to survey only issues pertinent to the Cassidy campaign and that it underestimates Landrieu’s popularity among African-American voters.

On Election Day, Landrieu took 43 percent in a field where Republicans split the vote. Cassidy trailed in at 42 percent, and Tea Party candidate Rob Maness at 14 percent. Louisiana’s election rules require a run-off on Dec. 6 between the top two candidates because no candidate topped 50 percent of the vote.

Maness has since rallied conservatives to back Cassidy. Influential conservatives like Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), Gov. Bobby Jindal (R-La.) and former vice presidential contender Sarah Palin have endorsed Cassidy and are participating in “unity rallies” to help him unseat Landrieu.

Louisiana Democrats say that Republicans are late to rally behind Cassidy because he doesn’t inspire confidence within GOP circles. They also point to Maness’s double-digit support in the general election and say those Louisiana voters won’t turn out for Cassidy in the runoff just because national Republicans have now taken an interest in the race.

According to the poll, Landrieu’s big lead among African-American voters — she takes almost 90 percent in the poll to Cassidy’s 7 percent — isn’t enough to make up for Cassidy’s strength among white voters, who in exit polls made up about 75 percent of the electorate in 2014.

Landrieu only captured about 18 percent of white voters in Louisiana on Election Day, according to exit polling. However, her percentage of the black vote was in the high 90s — a larger percentage than the Cassidy poll gives her now.

The poll shows that President Obama is a major drag on Landrieu, and since she’s returned to Washington for the lame-duck session, she’s sought to put as much space as possible between herself and the president.

On Wednesday, Landrieu spent hours on the Senate floor urging colleagues to bring her bill authorizing the Keystone XL oil pipeline up for a vote, a controversial project that Obama opposes. A vote could also help Landrieu remind Louisianans of her clout on the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee.

Landrieu sought to distance herself from Democratic leadership in the Senate — she was one of a handful of Democrats to vote against Sen. Harry Reid’s reelection as Democratic leader on Thursday, according to NOLA.com.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/senate-races/224141-internal-poll-cassidy-surges-ahead-in-louisiana

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Abandoned by Dems, Landrieu Struggles to Keep La. Senate Seat
Thursday, 04 Dec 2014
By Elliot Jager

Sen. Mary Landrieu of Louisiana is battling against the odds for her political life with little money and no backing from the national Democratic Party, according to The Washington Post.

Her Republican challenger, Rep. Bill Cassidy, is heavily favored to defeat the three-term incumbent in their runoff election on Saturday. An IWV/GEB International poll released on Monday shows Cassidy ahead by 26 points.

The Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee has little incentive to spend more money on Landrieu's behalf. She's way behind in the polls and even if she were to somehow win, Republicans would still control the Senate.

In the open election, Landrieu leveraged her role as chairwoman of the Energy Committee. Now, no matter what happens on Saturday, a Republican will head the committee in the next Congress, according to the Post.

Landrieu says she is "extremely disappointed" by how the national party has treated her.

"You know, they just walked away from this race," she told the Post.

With Obama highly unpopular in the state, Republicans have tied her to the president.

"Senator Landrieu represents Barack Obama. I represent you," Cassidy said in their last debate.

She initially dissociated herself from Obama. Her current tack is to say the contest "isn't about whether you like Bill Clinton as president or George Bush as president or Barack Obama as president," the Post reported.

Landrieu is battling on making a special — if unrealistic — effort to get out the African-American vote using radio. She has accused Cassidy of disrespecting Obama by not referring to him by his title.

She's also suggested that Cassidy, a physician, may have improperly taken a part-time teaching salary when he was already in Congress.

By one count, there have been less than 100 ads on Landrieu's behalf compared to 6,000 touting Cassidy during the runoff period.

If she loses as expected, the Deep South will be sending only Republican senators to the new Congress. And Louisiana will have lost its last statewide Democratic elected official, the Post reported.

http://www.Newsmax.com/Politics/louisiana-senate-runoff-cassidy/2014/12/04/id/610980/#ixzz3KxSk09S6