Author Topic: Getting old sucks  (Read 41896 times)

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
Re: Getting old sucks
« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2014, 09:38:54 AM »
I doubt anyone is impressed by anything you said so far, It sounds more like you sound desperate to give a meaning to what has none with your futuristic mumbo jumbo, just like...people who have kids  ;)

I'm simply discussing a more advanced strategy of survival. And whether you are impressed or not, it doesn't really matter. You will by buying (or at the worst case your kids) newest nano drugs and health care therapies 20-30 years from now and probably won't even remember that we had this chat as it will be, well like a smartphone (a brain extension) is now - "normal" (even if it wasn't just 5-8 years ago). You will probably even seek an education on these new therapies as you will want to stay around your family for longer and while being healthier (younger). Human nature. :)

p.s. - it will not add any meaning, that's truth. But once again - do we have a better option? We are just lurking in this universe, doing nothing... why not do something even if it's nothing?

Pumpzilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2014, 09:42:22 AM »
Jesus, that guy was one of my favorite dude in the WWF.....these guys doesn't age well...I guess the abuses that come with their profession could be the reason....I saw a recent picture of Cid Vicious(formerly Cid Justice) and he looks like a walking Corpse

Not exactly sure when this pic is, but apparently Sid did some bodybuilding.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2014, 09:43:38 AM »
yep

da vinci, i don't really care about this subject too much, but you're obviously someone who has a strong desire for truth, who feels a need to be "right"... this is actually a quality of people who are destined to be furthest from the "truth", and one of the reasons why you aren't an actual scientist who lives and breathes this stuff 24/7, but a guy who reads lots of articles and finds a thrill debating online with lay people.

If you don't care about this subject - I don't really have any interest in discussing this matter with you. And what you think is not of my interest either. But thank's for participating.

I guess I'd not get a post like this if I'd be discussing cancer. :) Humans... and their inertion based thought process. Oh well..

MikMaq

« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2014, 10:04:24 AM »
Dude...life sucked, sucks and will keep sucking all the same, sorry to burst your bubble. Life will always be the same as we ll always be the same animals. Power = better odds of survival = hapiness. The most powerful are the happiest. The poorest, unlucky ones will always try to go up and the powerful richest ones will always try to keep the weaker ones down. A never ending circle of animals fighting for resources, mates, power, until something external or internal to our specie makes the whole thing end.
Lol your such a fucking idiot.

It's pretty much a proven fact that some of the most powerful people, are the most stressed, anxious, people ever alive.

At the other extreme some of the laziest stupidest unfuckable people, are perfectly happy watching tyra.

Your entire lining of reasoning relies on having no distinction between  reactive emotion and reality.

emotions are shadows or reflections of the real world.

sometimes they have meaning, alot of the time they are just optical illusions.

The neurological path to happiness, is a mix of mental strain and relief(challenge and benefit), mixed with mental and physical stimulation.

This is why the arts crowd will always be leap years ahead of the super utilitarian fitness-conservative types. (Who value beauty and power over all else).

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2014, 10:59:43 AM »
A glimpse to a relatively close future (but the difference will be on a mollecular level while here is an example of great genes, great luck, great care and great cosmetic procedures. Oh, a HRT too probably, which can count as the first regenerative therapy.), it will be much more common to see this (she's 60) :

I'd take her clubbing or somewhere and would be proud, it's ridiculous lol..

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2014, 11:20:48 AM »
A glimpse to a relatively close future (but the difference will be on a mollecular level while here is an example of great genes, great luck, great care and great cosmetic procedures. Oh, a HRT too probably, which can count as the first regenerative therapy.), it will be much more common to see this (she's 60) :

She's just lucky, and rich. and had a TON of top-flight plastic surgery.

I'm 50 years old, have great skin, thick hair and big white teeth too

I didn't do a damn thing for it but be born to the right parents

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2014, 11:23:34 AM »

I'd take you to a club too.

no hom0

On a serious note - it's way harder to look young for a female, she's really a very impressive example of top notch cosmetic procedures, etc... It will be cool IF more females will stay younger for longer in a future..

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2014, 11:25:36 AM »

she's nowt compared to you

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: November 01, 2014, 11:37:47 AM »
Public health care? We speak money here, not a widespread medicine for every poor tax payer. Some people said we are never gonna fly, we are never gonna land on a moon, etc... nothing new. Extraordinary shift of a paradigm usualy is usualy extraoradinary opposed too. I'm merely encouraging the society to be more conscious of this regard, as the funding of billions of dollars that go to cancer research, should be redirected to aging (as cancer ant most other serious disseases are a direct manifestation of aging. Thus - any research on alzhaimers for ex. is pretty futile, it does not solve anything). I'm afraid of these horrible ilnesses like Alzhaimer, which to me equals the thing you call "aging".

Aging will be solved by about 2035-45, according by someone like R.Kurzweil. Mya be true, may be not, the fact is - life and health care will be very very different after 30 years from now on. Life was very different merely 10 years ago, and the technological change is exponential, not linear, the next 10 years will bring even more changes, and so on, at an increasing magnitude.

I agree with Da Vinci , I think we should put as much money into anti-aging research as we can , so a few rich people (the only ones who can afford it) can live a little bit longer , Da Vinci go fuck yourself .

backday

• Getbig III
« Reply #59 on: November 01, 2014, 11:41:25 AM »

Beautiful lady and what a pair of legs  :o

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #60 on: November 01, 2014, 11:45:35 AM »
I agree with Da Vinci , I think we should put as much money into anti-aging research as we can , so a few rich people (the only ones who can afford it) can live a little bit longer , Da Vinci go fuck yourself .

Another emotional reaction. It's always like that, doesn't matter what what the field, as long as idea is cardinally opposing the status quo. The thing is - for a technology to take off and be profitable - it must be available to masses... Just like plastic surgery if we speak strictly health care.

Btw - do you think curing cancer would be good?

Mobil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: November 01, 2014, 11:46:05 AM »
Jesus, that guy was one of my favorite dude in the WWF.....these guys doesn't age well...I guess the abuses that come with their profession could be the reason....I saw a recent picture of Cid Vicious(formerly Cid Justice) and he looks like a walking Corpse

he was a known drug addict/acloholic.... theres interviews of him where he can barely talk...yes he had my favorite personalities when i used to watch wrestling... warrior and him were my favs
real men= no rubbers

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #62 on: November 01, 2014, 11:47:26 AM »

amazing those genes went nowhere into alexa ray joel ,,none,,her kids with peter cook blonde/blue eyed genes man,,,

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #63 on: November 01, 2014, 01:52:57 PM »
what do you mean you're quite deep in that science?  you mean you read a few articles, post on anti-aging forums, and browse journals from time to time ???
I have read a ton on the subject from Kurzweil to Aubrey de Grey and others but they don`t realize how delusional they really are.  As I said, we can`t even deal with the here and now and we are supposed to believe in 20-30 years "aging" will be cured or slowed down?  Total horseshit.  Reality is a harsh mistress.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #64 on: November 01, 2014, 02:05:51 PM »
I have read a ton on the subject from Kurzweil to Aubrey de Grey and others but they don`t realize how delusional they really are.  As I said, we can`t even deal with the here and now and we are supposed to believe in 20-30 years "aging" will be cured or slowed down?  Total horseshit.  Reality is a harsh mistress.

Yeah I'm sure you have way better insights on these matters compared to them. Not to mention that you probably have red various scientific studies and got to know the intricacies of this field, not just media articles about Ray or De Grey. ::)  So pls shtfu for once.
 Btw - your health care argument is invalid too as postponing aging merely by 5 years (!) would save billions and billions on health care. That's why it doesn't even matter whether these guys are right or wrong, what matters is their message - "Wake the fuck up and take action, because there are all the tools for it.". Tho' idiots like you, but who work in a health care sector, doesn't see further than their nose too, that's why it will take a longer time to come true.
 Btw - maybe you'd like to say that science should stop the war on cancer/etc just because there are other issues in health care?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: November 01, 2014, 02:08:23 PM »
Yeah I'm sure you have way better insights on these matters compared to them. Not to mention that you probably have red various scientific studies and got to know the intricacies of this field (I'm quite sure I know a lot more than you do, over about 8 years on studying that). So pls shtfu for once.
 Btw - your health care argument is invalid too as postponing aging merely by 5 years (!) wouls save billions and billions on health care. That's why it doesn't even matter whether these guys are right or wrong, what matters is their message - "Wake the fuck up and take action, because there are all the tools for it.". Tho' idiots like you, who work in health care sector, doesn't see further than their nose too, that's why it will take a longer time to come true.
 Btw - maybe you'd like to say that science should stop the war on cancer/etc just because there are other issues in health care?
You don`t.  I had my genome sequenced as part of the PGP I signed up for in 2006 that deals strictly with aging and other issues.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_Genome_Project

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #66 on: November 01, 2014, 02:12:26 PM »
You don`t.  I had my genome sequenced as part of the PGP I signed up for in 2006 that deals strictly with aging and other issues.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_Genome_Project

Yeah right. What have you found out of that information? What kind of interpretation they offered at that time? (there are very specific ones that were available at that time and some that are available now). Participating for genome sequencing merely just to participate doesn't mean shit.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: November 01, 2014, 02:14:53 PM »
Yeah right. What have you found out of that information? What kind of interpretation they offered at that time? (there are very specific ones that were available at that time and some that are available now). Participating for genome sequencing merely just to participate doesn't mean shit.
I have found that the real advances and realistic to anti-aging will be isotopes added to food and other food additives.  

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: November 01, 2014, 02:20:35 PM »
Here you go dickbrain.  There is a lot more on this matter and its not as outlandish as the bullshit you are subscribed to.

http://ariannelot.wordpress.com/2013/10/12/mikhail-shchepinov-could-a-glass-of-heavy-water-lengthen-our-lives/

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: November 01, 2014, 02:22:24 PM »
Another study of his.  Mikhail S. Shchepinov

http://online.liebertpub.com/doi/abs/10.1089/rej.2006.0506

Reactive Oxygen Species, Isotope Effect, Essential Nutrients, and Enhanced Longevity

Ingestion of isotopically reinforced building blocks such as amino acids, lipids and components of nucleic acids and their subsequent incorporation into macromolecules would make these more stable to ROS courtesy of an isotope effect. The implications may include enhanced longevity and increased resistance to cancer and age-related diseases.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #70 on: November 01, 2014, 02:22:39 PM »
I have found that the real advances and realistic to anti-aging will be isotopes added to food and other food additives.  

Just how I thought - you're full of bs.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #71 on: November 01, 2014, 02:22:56 PM »

wow still a smokeshow. good for her.
b

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: November 01, 2014, 02:23:30 PM »
Just how I thought - you're full of bs.

And you have proven yourself that you know little about anti-aging science.

Just as I thought.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: November 01, 2014, 02:25:36 PM »
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/bies.20681/abstract
Do “heavy” eaters live longer?

Abstract

A new hypothesis is put forward, linking cellular endurance with dietary consumption of stable heavy isotopes. Due to the isotope effect, biomolecules that incorporate heavier isotopes give rise to more stable molecular structures with increased resistance to damages associated with aging and age-related disease. The inclusion of heavy isotopes might be either active (selection for heavier isotopes) or passive (incorporation reflecting the existing abundance). The hypothesis links consumption of foods relatively rich in heavy isotopes (such as 13C and D, derived from C4-plants), especially at the early stages of the organism's development, with enhanced longevity. Implications of diets and intestinal microflora are also discussed. BioEssays 29:1247–1256, 2007. © 2007 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #74 on: November 01, 2014, 02:27:13 PM »
Here you go dickbrain.  There is a lot more on this matter and its not as outlandish as the bullshit you are subscribed to.

http://ariannelot.wordpress.com/2013/10/12/mikhail-shchepinov-could-a-glass-of-heavy-water-lengthen-our-lives/

Lol.. geez... you better not go this way as you already show that you are completely clueless.

I've stopped reading after "”. Dr Shchepinov’s theory is based on deuterium, a naturally-occurring isotope, or form of hydrogen, that strengthens the bonds in between and around the body’s cells, making them less vulnerable to attack ".

- there's (almost) no benefit of having antionxidants BETWEEN and AROUND the cells as the main and most sensitive part of cells that is attacked and damaged most (and is most important to a whole cell cycle and it's longevity) is mitochondria. There are some experimental antioxidants that bring free electrons right to the nucleus of a cell, but still at an experimental phase and it's not the answer for all the questions.
 Building a good protection for mitochondria would probably make a 60 yo to a 40yo tho' in some regards, but drinking "heay water"is a snake oil bullshit.