Author Topic: Inversion/gravity boots  (Read 3483 times)

Rammstein

• Getbig III
Inversion/gravity boots
« on: November 01, 2014, 11:15:24 PM »
Does anybody use/has used them?

If so, how did you incorporate them into your training?

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
Re: Inversion/gravity boots
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 11:23:14 PM »
How the hell wants gravity boots when adonis has developed a gravity suit

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 01:28:28 AM »
Most used them for Sit ups and stretching or Like Frank Zane used to do.. a rowing motion hanging from gravity boots. see if i can find a picture. this exercise was unique from Zane.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 01:04:07 AM »
Does anybody use/has used them?

If so, how did you incorporate them into your training?

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=446071.0

Rammstein

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2014, 02:42:27 AM »

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2014, 03:03:56 AM »
Thanks.

I think I'll order some.

And that blonde girl ... .
from what i read...she was a Real Bodybuilders Groupie ;D

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2014, 08:25:52 AM »
Remember seeing a pictures of the great John Grimek doing BB/DB movements while upside down, in a very old magazine years ago. Don't recall if he used straps (plain looped straps back than) or hooked in the hock of his knees.  Funk may have something like this in his collection?

Probably a decompression board would be best for the average trainee. Getting into boots can be a challenge for a lot of people. Been told that people with high blood pressure may want to avoid this type effort. When beginning to use this position, may want to ease into it..slowly. Reason I would suggest a decompression board as first choice....set the angles you.

People who follow different forms of Yoga do headstands, and such, with good results. Seems to bring a newer supply of blood to the area, but they start out slowly. Or use NO (nitric oxide... which some guys swear by) for better blood circulation. Not endorsing this, just from what I have been told and read. I'll do 90 degree headstands a couple times a week...3 to 5 (correction) minutes.

If you want to try the upside down thing, might also suggest handstand presses. Either free style or legs supported against a wall, door, etc.. Excellent shoulder girdle exercise (delts/triceps). The great Paul Anderson included them in some of his training. Can have the hands on blocks or low raising push-up bars...etc.. all for extra depth from the bottom position.

Good Luck.

F

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2014, 08:32:36 AM »
Remember seeing a pictures of the great John Grimek doing BB/DB movements while upside down, in a very old magazine years ago. Don't recall if he used straps (plain looped straps back than) or hooked in the hock of his knees.  Funk may have something like this in his collection?

Probably a decompression board would be best for the average trainee. Getting into boots can be a challenge for a lot of people. Been told that people with high blood pressure may want to avoid this type effort. When beginning to use this position, may want to ease into it..slowly. Reason I would suggest a decompression board as first choice....set the angles you.

People who follow different forms of Yoga do headstands, and such, with good results. Seems to bring a newer supply of blood to the area, but they start out slowly. Or use NO (nitric oxide... which some guys swear by) for better blood circulation. Not endorsing this, just from what I have been told and read. I'll do 90 degree headstands a couple times a week...15 to 20 minutes.

If you want to try the upside down thing, might also suggest handstand presses. Either free style or legs supported against a wall, door, etc.. Excellent shoulder girdle exercise (delts/triceps). The great Paul Anderson included them in some of his training. Can have the hands on blocks or low raising push-up bars...etc.. all for extra depth from the bottom position.

Good Luck.

How about blood pressure under 100?  I was thinking of getting something like this for my back.
A

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2014, 09:12:00 AM »
This is from a layman's perspective, I'm not a doctor:  Blood pressure can very from what was considered normal just a short time ago. Normal being 120/80...speaking for the US, not the rest of the world. Low blood pressure can be just as alarming as high blood pressure. 90/60 can be worrysome. The upper reading is the systolic, the lower the diastotic. Each body type may have a slightly high or lower read, but may be normal for them. But anything to the extreme may bear looking into.

Under a 100 (systolic I'm guessing) is on the verge of low. Might check with a doctor about inversion positions...for peace of mind anyway. Sure your OK, but be on the safe side...please.

Quite a few PL'ers  and Pro BB'ers seem to have a pattern of high blood pressure within a danger zone. The juicers have a better chance of higher readings. From my personal observations, the greatly over weight PL'ers are #1 in entering  the dead pool than anyone else in the lifting world. Including Olympic lifters.  The original intent for training was for improved health and well being, not make things worse.

Good Luck.
F

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2014, 12:38:49 PM »
Excuse me, gentlemen, but this is an area in which I know a a bit about.

The "pressure" one feels in the inverted position is known as hydrostatic pressure - or the pressure exerted by a column of blood at a measured point.

Without going into too much detail, we routinely run diagnostic tests on patients to compare their ankle to brachial pressures. For accuracy, we keep the patients in a supine position so that their feet and arms are at approximately the level of their heart.

This ensures a hydrostatic pressure equal or approximate to zero, which is desired. If the patient were to stand during the test, hemodynamics would increase their ankle pressure, thus skewing the ankle:brachial ratio, rendering an inaccurate test.

When inverted, that is why one feels like his/her head is about to explode.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2014, 11:12:53 AM »
Thanks.

I think I'll order some.

And that blonde girl ... .
go on e-bay some good buys right there,    guy is selling the originals for about 40 bucks with training booklet. check it out and save... ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
F

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2014, 03:49:36 PM »
Excuse me, gentlemen, but this is an area in which I know a a bit about.

The "pressure" one feels in the inverted position is known as hydrostatic pressure - or the pressure exerted by a column of blood at a measured point.

Without going into too much detail, we routinely run diagnostic tests on patients to compare their ankle to brachial pressures. For accuracy, we keep the patients in a supine position so that their feet and arms are at approximately the level of their heart.

This ensures a hydrostatic pressure equal or approximate to zero, which is desired. If the patient were to stand during the test, hemodynamics would increase their ankle pressure, thus skewing the ankle:brachial ratio, rendering an inaccurate test.

When inverted, that is why one feels like his/her head is about to explode.

i do a headstand every day or so... usually in the evening after work... i stay inverted for about 15 minutes at a time... it was uncomfortable years ago but not in a long time

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2014, 03:53:01 PM »

i do a headstand every day or so... usually in the evening after work... i stay inverted for about 15 minutes at a time... it was uncomfortable years ago but not in a long time

The body acclimates. It is initially a shock, but is eventually overcome.

Rammstein

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2014, 07:02:17 PM »
go on e-bay some good buys right there,    guy is selling the originals for about 40 bucks with training booklet. check it out and save... ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Already bought some for a good price.