Author Topic: ObamaCare Architect cites "stupidity of Americans" for lack of transparency  (Read 25626 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
http://dailycaller.com/2014/11/09/obamacare-architect-lack-of-transparency-was-key-because-stupidity-of-the-american-voter-would-have-killed-obamacare

Obama needs to be tried for treason and sent BACK to Africa where he came from and belongs and will fit in better. 

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Wow.
Doesn't surprise me.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
I don't know how many times I've used the word "outrageous" when talking about this administration (probably a lot), but this is outrageous.   >:(

Obamacare Architect: Lack of Transparency Was Key Because ‘Stupidity Of The American Voter’ Would Have Killed Obamacare
11/09/2014
Patrick Howley is an investigative reporter for The Daily Caller.

Obamacare architect Jonathan Gruber said that lack of transparency was a major part of getting Obamacare passed because “the stupidity of the American voter” would have killed the law if more people knew what was in it.

Gruber, the MIT professor who served as a technical consultant to the Obama administration during Obamacare’s design, also made clear during a panel quietly captured on video that the individual mandate, which was only upheld by the Supreme Court because it was a tax, was not actually a tax.

“This bill was written in a tortured way to make sure CBO did not score the mandate as taxes. If CBO scored the mandate as taxes, the bill dies. Okay, so it’s written to do that.  In terms of risk rated subsidies, if you had a law which said that healthy people are going to pay in – you made explicit healthy people pay in and sick people get money, it would not have passed… Lack of transparency is a huge political advantage. And basically, call it the stupidity of the American voter or whatever, but basically that was really really critical for the thing to pass… Look, I wish Mark was right that we could make it all transparent, but I’d rather have this law than not.”

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
I watched the video this morning.    Extremely insulting to the American people.
A

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
Am I the only one thinking that this gentleman is quite correct? And the same goes for all nations and the majority of their citizens. 90% of people are completely uninformed with very limited critical thinking or ability to change their views. They listen to hype and sensation with no regards to facts. Maybe Obamacare IS a dog that needs shooting, but his line of comments are quite correct.

TLDR,

people are fucking stupid

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
Am I the only one thinking that this gentleman is quite correct? And the same goes for all nations and the majority of their citizens. 90% of people are completely uninformed with very limited critical thinking or ability to change their views. They listen to hype and sensation with no regards to facts. Maybe Obamacare IS a dog that needs shooting, but his line of comments are quite correct.

TLDR,

There is some sad truths to what he said.
A

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
There is some sad truths to what he said.

Of course there is.

But it also doesn't mean they should be allowed to get away with their bullshit.

I do silently wonder if the ACA law will be repealed when the Repubs ever get into power again.

My bet is, No.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!

TLDR,

hes absolutely correct, its pathetic, and its exactly why were hopeless.

They know the public is stupid and uninformed, anf theyll continue to use it to control the masses and pass whatever the fuck they want.

I thought the samr thing; this guy is right, absolutelu right, and thats whats so fucking infuriating.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
http://dailycaller.com/2014/11/09/obamacare-architect-lack-of-transparency-was-key-because-stupidity-of-the-american-voter-would-have-killed-obamacare

Obama needs to be tried for treason and sent BACK to Africa where he came from and belongs and will fit in better.  

Stupidity of the American People is the reason why our current healthcare system sucks.  Obamacare made slight improvements, but you can't polish a turd.  The problem is that Republicans want to make the system worse and Democrats want to make little improvements to a horrible system.  Its a system that needs to be entirely scrapped, but the people are still too stupid to realize this.

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
This is the mindset of the Democrat party...you're too fucking stupid to have a say in your life so STFU and let us set the rules for you.  They're worse than the Taliban....

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
This is the mindset of the Democrat party...you're too fucking stupid to have a say in your life so STFU and let us set the rules for you.  They're worse than the Taliban....
Republicans do this too with all kinds of issues.  Abortion, taxes at the state level, insurance nonsense and on and on.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Like communists the obama admn

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
I can name a few Senators who lost their jobs last week for cosigning onto this "ObamaCare" nonsense.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
I can name a few Senators who lost their jobs last week for cosigning onto this "ObamaCare" nonsense.
This was the Republicans original plan though.  Plus they want to undo what has been done which would make it more expensive for people than it already is.  They have no plans to scrap the entire Middleman Insurance based system.  I don`t see how this will be a good thing at all.

The entire system needs to be done away with.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
The greatest argument against democracy is a conversation with your average voter.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Republicans do this too with all kinds of issues.  Abortion, taxes at the state level, insurance nonsense and on and on.

Repubs don't tell people how to live.   

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!

Nonsense...pure bullshit

The True Adonis

• Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Funny how the cult of Obama defends this lies and deceit yet if it were W or Palin or anyone else they would be screaming day and night. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Funny how the cult of Obama defends this lies and deceit yet if it were W or Palin or anyone else they would be screaming day and night. 

We're upset because people we dislike aren't as verbally upset as we'd like, regarding some other person we dislike?

I agree with the original point of the thread - but I never understood "how come the left/right isn't screaming louder about XYZ..."  ?

I mean, it's like us getting all outraged because TBS is playing too many Law & Order repeats and not nearly enough AirWolf repeats.  We're upset that tv stations aren't saying what we want them to say?   ???   "Why isn't FOX making fun of Palin's loopy grammar" and "Why won't MSNBC scream as loud as we are about something an MIT professor said?"

It's tv, folks.  It's entertainment.   FOX can talk about whatever they want, and if MSNBC fans need a tissue because FOX isn't covering the stories they want, or complaining as loudly as they'd like, it's simple - they can change the channel, and/or STFU. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
We're upset because people we dislike aren't as verbally upset as we'd like, regarding some other person we dislike?

I agree with the original point of the thread - but I never understood "how come the left/right isn't screaming louder about XYZ..."  ?

I mean, it's like us getting all outraged because TBS is playing too many Law & Order repeats and not nearly enough AirWolf repeats.  We're upset that tv stations aren't saying what we want them to say?   ???   "Why isn't FOX making fun of Palin's loopy grammar" and "Why won't MSNBC scream as loud as we are about something an MIT professor said?"

It's tv, folks.  It's entertainment.   FOX can talk about whatever they want, and if MSNBC fans need a tissue because FOX isn't covering the stories they want, or complaining as loudly as they'd like, it's simple - they can change the channel, and/or STFU. 

Lies like this ARE NEVER OK when it comes to screwing over 300 million people

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Lies like this ARE NEVER OK when it comes to screwing over 300 million people

Agreed.  But you're upset because a private company isn't using its airtime to talk about the things you want them to talk about.  I mean, I don't like half the crap on direcTv, but sheeit, it's america baby, we sure don't want to dictate what they can or cant talk about. 

Also, all networks tell lies.  Turns out, there really aren't walkers eating people and whatnot - but AMC continues this lie every week :(      Once you realize and accept the cables news networks are just entertainment channels, it all makes sense.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Agreed.  But you're upset because a private company isn't using its airtime to talk about the things you want them to talk about.  I mean, I don't like half the crap on direcTv, but sheeit, it's america baby, we sure don't want to dictate what they can or cant talk about. 

Also, all networks tell lies.  Turns out, there really aren't walkers eating people and whatnot - but AMC continues this lie every week :(      Once you realize and accept the cables news networks are just entertainment channels, it all makes sense.

No - im talking about Obama voters on this site who kneepadded him all the way and voted for him twice while trashing the GOP, Palin, etc.   ;)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox

TLDR,

Yup, this is dictator mentality. "The country is too stupid to make the right decision, so I'll make the right decision for them."

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
So it's ok to lie to the American people because to libtards the ends ALWAYS justify the means.

This is how libtards have stuck Americans with crappy social programs that eat away at the nation's resources and eventually will bankrupt the nation. Just look at Detroit and California.