Author Topic: Back muscles feel compressed after workout, need stretching  (Read 2572 times)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
Back muscles feel compressed after workout, need stretching
« on: November 10, 2014, 04:19:17 PM »
So when I workout especially on shoulder or arm day where I am holding heavy weights, it feels like my back or spine muscles are compressed.  I can easily fix it by hanging from the muti station chin-up bar for a fee seconds. I hear and feel a couple cracks and pops and it feels much better.

Anyone else experience this? 

jpm101

• Getbig IV
Re: Back muscles feel compressed after workout, need stretching
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 08:15:45 AM »
Guess what your saying is that the back/spine are feeling pressured or tense? As long as the spinal erector are even in a average, or normal condition, a compression of the disc should be no problem. But than again, always the exception. Though, if your developing a herniated (most don't realize that possibility) that may be a issue.

Just throwing this idea in, but might try hanging/stretching before working out, rather than after feeling discomfort (or even between sets). Your right in hanging from a overhead bar, allowing the body to settle in, as it were. Some with compressed disk have found relief that way. Using a dipping belt, with added weight has also given a better stretch to the spine. Hanging has also helped many men with tight shoulder muscles & joints. So use a wide grip, some closer...take your pick or use any grip version you want. ....your body.

Good Luck.
F

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 08:16:38 AM »
try using a foam roller.
?

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 03:55:43 PM »
Some folks also report feeling lumbro-sacral relief from the "weightlessness" of floating in water.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2014, 04:20:06 PM »
Guess what your saying is that the back/spine are feeling pressured or tense? As long as the spinal erector are even in a average, or normal condition, a compression of the disc should be no problem. But than again, always the exception. Though, if your developing a herniated (most don't realize that possibility) that may be a issue.

Just throwing this idea in, but might try hanging/stretching before working out, rather than after feeling discomfort (or even between sets). Your right in hanging from a overhead bar, allowing the body to settle in, as it were. Some with compressed disk have found relief that way. Using a dipping belt, with added weight has also given a better stretch to the spine. Hanging has also helped many men with tight shoulder muscles & joints. So use a wide grip, some closer...take your pick or use any grip version you want. ....your body.

Good Luck.

Good info thanks. I will try hanging before the workout as well now.
It's amazing how it can feel compressed then a couple seconds of hanging and a few pops and the pain is relieved. Feels real good.

@ritch I do have a foam roller and that helps as well. For this particular problem the hanging seems to work better but the foam roller works great for getting out "knots". 

heenok

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 06:56:32 AM »
After every weight workout i go on a dip bar, put myself a dip position, then i swing my hips right and left, rotate my lower body from left to right. I usually hear cracking sounds, and feel a relieve. Never had any back pain ever since.

Sometimes my lowerback feels compressed which translate to a pain in my balls (pinched nerve i guess), and this solves the issue right away.

best would be to hand upside down with gravity boots too.