Author Topic: 13 year old Mike Tysons bench press  (Read 12657 times)

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
13 year old Mike Tysons bench press
« on: November 15, 2014, 01:19:41 PM »
His prison guard Bobby Stewart claims he benched 245lbs for ten reps at the age 13.  :o

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
Re: 13 year old Mike Tysons bench press
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 01:28:29 PM »
I wonder how many full-grown keyboard warriors on these internets on grams a week of hormones can do the same?
A

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2014, 01:39:59 PM »
Tyson was in the can at 13? Impressive.

Beefjake

• Getbig IV
  • Oh fuck it.
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2014, 01:45:35 PM »
I remember reading about Emmitt Smith.
Said that he clean and pressed 275lbs @ 14year old.

( I know it's clean&jerk but this being Getbig... )

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2014, 01:56:28 PM »
Tyson was in the can at 13? Impressive.

Spafford mostly, which was like baby Rikers. It was a big threat back in the 70's - 80's in New York, "Watch yourself kid, or you'll wind up in Spafford". It was like a real prison, guys getting shook for their sneakers, slashings, and the occasional rape.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/bronx/bronx-notorious-spofford-aka-bridges-juvenile-center-finally-shut-article-1.119333 .

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2014, 02:59:43 PM »
 ::)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2014, 03:11:05 PM »
I remember reading about Emmitt Smith.
Said that he clean and pressed 275lbs @ 14year old.

( I know it's clean&jerk but this being Getbig... )

Emmitt was built like a tank.

THEBOSS

• Getbig IV
  • Another day of being huge
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2014, 06:06:37 PM »
 ::) ya sure

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2014, 06:10:18 PM »
I don't buy it. That would put his max in the low 300's.....and I don't think  tyson was  ever even benching over 400  in his prime ???
l

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2014, 06:41:51 PM »
I don't buy it. That would put his max in the low 300's.....and I don't think  tyson was  ever even benching over 400  in his prime ???

Tyson's best bench in his prime was #385 or so, reported by guys that where around his training camps.

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2014, 07:12:02 PM »
Why would someone like Tyson make such ludicrous claims about something as irrelevant to boxing as bench press is beyond me. Isn't being one of best boxers in the history and probably most talented boxer ever enough?

I know it's "prison guard" or "guys that were around him", but doesn't that always come back to Tyson making this shit up and finding people who back it up?

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2014, 07:57:31 PM »
Why would someone like Tyson make such ludicrous claims about something as irrelevant to boxing as bench press is beyond me. Isn't being one of best boxers in the history and probably most talented boxer ever enough?

I know it's "prison guard" or "guys that were around him", but doesn't that always come back to Tyson making this shit up and finding people who back it up?

Bobby Stewart was a professional boxer and he was the Boxing coach at Tysons reform school.  I've heard Stewart make this claim about Tyson with my own ears and I have no reason to doubt him.  Tyson wasn't involved with Stewart anymore at the time he said it and had nothing to do with it.  Bobby Stewart is the guy who introduced Tyson to Cus.

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2014, 09:18:11 PM »
Ali  benched over 500 lbs...Angelo Dundee was spotting him.

AlphaGyno

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2014, 10:11:55 PM »
I don't buy it. That would put his max in the low 300's.....and I don't think  tyson was  ever even benching over 400  in his prime ???
More believable than you being heterosexual

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2014, 02:44:55 AM »
I count 2 gimmicks in this thread already.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2014, 04:36:17 AM »

Both are Joon

whitewidow

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2014, 05:54:41 AM »
This is just speculation maybe the prison gaurd thought 135 lbs was 270 lbs! maybe he thought the 45lb plates were 90 lbs plates because they did used to have those 90 lb paltes and they were pretty much the same size just weighed twice as much. I would say it's bullshit! Boxers are not traiined to lift alot of weight some boxers don't even have a strength and conditioning coach and if they do not all strength and conditioning cohes make their fightesr lift weights to get stronger. It's more about speed and your movement being on point, of course they do work a little bit on power but they don't do it by lifting weight. some coaches do (don't get me wrong).

Tyson was the best up and coming boxer EVER! if it were not for Mikes drug addictions and alcholism and womanizing tactics Mike tyson could of had a WAY loneger career and could of left the game undefeated but he got real lazy once he started making alot of money and having legal issues. even before he lost to Douglas Tyson would not do real strict serious fight preps! Very sad! Mike Tyson could have been the best ever instead the drugs and out of control behaviour got the best of Mike! Till this day Mike isn't right in the head!

If you guys have really seen alot of mikes training sessions as a youngster they are incredible! his head movement was crazy superior and his footwork was also crazy superior. Mike also put himself aound alot of crooked people who will get you addicted to drugs and once they get as much mooney as thy think they can they bounce! Mike Tyson to this day is a fucking wreck! doing better vthen he was 3-5 years ago but a big wreck that still needs healing!

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2014, 07:05:43 AM »
This is just speculation maybe the prison gaurd thought 135 lbs was 270 lbs! maybe he thought the 45lb plates were 90 lbs plates because they did used to have those 90 lb paltes and they were pretty much the same size just weighed twice as much. I would say it's bullshit! Boxers are not traiined to lift alot of weight some boxers don't even have a strength and conditioning coach and if they do not all strength and conditioning cohes make their fightesr lift weights to get stronger. It's more about spee and your movement being on point, of course they do work a little bit on power but they don;t do it by lifting weight. some coaches do (don't get me wrong).

Tyson was the best up and coming boxer EVER! if it were not for Mikes drug addictions and alcholism and womanizing tactics Mike tyson could of had a WAY lonegr career and could of left the game undefeated but he got real lazy once he started making alot of money and having legal issues. evebn before he lost to Douglas Tysons would not do real strict serious fight preps! Very sad! Mike Tyson could have been the best every instead the drugs and out of control behaviour got the best of Mike! Till this day Mike isn't right in the head!

If you guys have really seebn alot of mikes training sessions as a youngster they are incredible! his head movement was crazy superior and his footwork was also crazy superior. Mike also put himself aound alot of crooked people who will get you addicted to drugs and once they get as much mooney as thy think they can they bounce! Mike Tyson to this day is a fucking wreck! doing better vthen he was 3-5 years ago but a big wreck that still needs healing!
Agreed about the first part, but not on Tyson's potential... He was an extremely overrated marketing tool, phenomenal and exciting watching him knocking out bums in one of the worst periods for heavyweight boxing ever, but that was it...The world of boxing is full of ifs and buts, there are more boxers worthy of this "unachieved potential" talk than Tyson, in my opinion... Agree to disagree here...

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2014, 08:02:44 AM »
Tyson's best bench in his prime was #385 or so, reported by guys that where around his training camps.

Yah, but that's on steroids...A 220 lb guy on steroids benching 385 sucks..

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2014, 08:16:28 AM »

Yah, but that's on steroids...A 220 lb guy on steroids benching 385 sucks..

Er no its still pretty good

AlphaGyno

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2014, 08:21:39 AM »
Not a gimmick, just new. Been lurking for a longgg time. Decided to join you crazy bastards in this looney bin.
Fuck join btw Loyalty, that's almost as bad as calling me shitzo :'(

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2014, 01:43:25 PM »
Tyson could only do it because he was way ahead of his mates physically relative to his age.
Dubious sources stated that he already weighed 180lbs at a mere age of 12, though the most important fact seems that he was a legit animal and a great talent....
body weight and bench press can't really quantify his greatness.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2014, 07:10:14 PM »
A young motivated Mike Tyson was an animal in the ring.  He was a world beater in any era.  The problem is he got distracted by money and whores.  By 1989 he was already bored with fighting and not at his best.

THEBOSS

• Getbig IV
  • Another day of being huge
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2014, 08:48:20 PM »
 ::) After 1989 he had to fight people like HOLY and LEWIS ! Those are the reasons he lost . I love the physiologists here talking about the 23 year olds desire ! lol . He stepped up and got knocked down ! End of the story and should have been the end of the MYTH ! Its amazing how effective HBO's TYSON highlite reals have been  ;)

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2014, 09:38:31 PM »
::) After 1989 he had to fight people like HOLY and LEWIS ! Those are the reasons he lost . I love the physiologists here talking about the 23 year olds desire ! lol . He stepped up and got knocked down ! End of the story and should have been the end of the MYTH ! Its amazing how effective HBO's TYSON highlite reals have been  ;)

I watched Mike Tyson fight live when it was happening.  I'm not some 15 year old kid talking shit about things he doesn't understand.  I'm not basing my opinions off of fucking youtube, I was there.

Tyson did not fight the same way after he fired Kevin Rooney.  The money, attention, and Robin Givens destroyed the fighter that he used to be.  He did not give a shit anymore.  He wasn't training properly because he had a bunch of Don King's goons in his corner.  When he fought Douglas, his corner didn't even have an icepack to stop his eye from swelling.  They filled a fucking condom with water and used that.  That's what he was surrounding himself with and that was 1990.  By the time Tyson fought Holyfield and Lewis he was a shell of his former self.  He no longer moved his head at all.  He walked straight in and was easy to hit.  He had been in prison for an extended period of time and was really only fighting to pay off the IRS and his ex-wife.  He fought Lewis in 2002 when he was 36 fucking years old.  He was fat and not even in shape. 

A 21 year old prime Mike Tyson and a 36 year old, fat Mike Tyson are not in the same universe as fighters.  That's just common sense.  If you don't understand that then you are a fucking idiot who doesn't know shit about boxing.  You are just another internet moron who thinks he's an expert on everything condescending people who disagree with you.  Fuck you.