Author Topic: Building a life and bodybuilding  (Read 14997 times)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Building a life and bodybuilding after being almost homeless and broke
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2014, 08:51:53 AM »
Man, seriously... some people just want to live themselves and not "for kids", "for country" or humanity. Simple as that. And Howard seems to live with a lot less suffering than many people on this earth. Sometimes it's just about being lucky and not making stupid choices. And for some people it's better to have many happy moments for a bigger part in their life, even if it means you'll have to pay a "price" at an old age for a decade or two (compared to whole life that price is worth paying imho). Rather than "carry your cross" whole life, being miserable, just in hopes of "not having to be alone when you're old (and fucked anyway..).".
Great post.

I  endured my share of shit and never felt like a victim.
I cringe when I hear some poor slob cry out ; " Why me ?", when something bad happens.

When shit happened to me I first get pissed off or upset, but it quickly fades.
Then  I say to myself ; " Well why not me? wtf, and deal with the situation the best way I can."

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2014, 08:53:34 AM »
glad to see u bounced back at the brink of defeat,i been there myself and it was hell pulling myself out of there.there where times i almost gave in and ended it,i still suffer from depression sometimes even now and things aint that bad for me at all,im not rich but im doing ok and my wife and son r healthy and happy.

Being active and in pursuit of something is what keeps me sane.

Teddy Roosevelt once said ; " Get active or go crazy"

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2014, 11:06:30 AM »
Great thread!! A GetBig rarity!

Thanks! I'm amazed this thread stayed mostly positive overall  :D

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2014, 11:11:35 AM »
howard, post more pics of your cute, chunky/thick wife.

Thanks.

Your friend,

SF1900
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2014, 01:46:58 PM »
Ok, but I don't have too many on this cpu hard drive files.

Nice. She looks happy.  :D :D
X

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2014, 01:56:18 PM »
Beth is very lucky to have Howard.  :)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2014, 02:01:38 PM »
Man, seriously... some people just want to live themselves and not "for kids", "for country" or humanity. Simple as that. And Howard seems to live with a lot less suffering than many people on this earth. Sometimes it's just about being lucky and not making stupid choices. And for some people it's better to have many happy moments for a bigger part in their life, even if it means you'll have to pay a "price" at an old age for a decade or two (compared to whole life that price is worth paying imho). Rather than "carry your cross" whole life, being miserable, just in hopes of "not having to be alone when you're old (and fucked anyway..).".
I assure you, Uberman regrets having children.  He has not come to terms with it just yet, at least publicly on here.

Mr.Mojo

• Getbig II
« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2014, 06:16:54 PM »
Really enjoyed reading your story and it was also very well written.
At no point tiring. I was always curious to read the next chapter like in a book purchased from a store.
Maybe you should consider to write it down one day professionally. Why not, I would buy it.
Thanks for sharing this and just the best for you and your wife.

Elvis_McCartney

• Getbig II
« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2014, 11:25:59 PM »
Howard, enjoyed the read immensely.

Fayetteville/Ft Bragg is rough place.  The 3rd day after I was transferred there as a GM with Bennigan's on McPherson I was broken into.  Came home after closing up the restaurant at 3am and the fools were still there.  3 of them ran out the back door.  Had already made numerous trips (somewhere) with my stuff.  Only had one more room to clear out and they would have hit the mother load with about $30 grand of music stuff.

Still in NC but in a much better place.  I know the area all too well, LOL.

Good Luck!

Bob Bonham

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2014, 12:27:24 PM »
Man your stuffwas great .. Could not stop reading. respect to you

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #60 on: November 25, 2014, 01:57:41 PM »
would love to snuggle with Howard every night and be his Beth.

Then he could put his big and strong arms all over my body in a gentle massage as I posted from his account on Getbig.

(no homo)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2014, 09:48:21 AM »
Really enjoyed reading your story and it was also very well written.
At no point tiring. I was always curious to read the next chapter like in a book purchased from a store.
Maybe you should consider to write it down one day professionally. Why not, I would buy it.
Thanks for sharing this and just the best for you and your wife.

Thanks so much for the kind words on my wacky life from years past.
I lack the fame and name recognition need to sell a million copies . Thus , most publishers would never accept my personal bio manuscript.
It's a lot of work to get your foot in the door and I lack the  motivation to do the needed tedious crap required to give it a shot.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2014, 09:51:28 AM »
Man your stuffwas great .. Could not stop reading. respect to you

Thanks Bob. Are you still running that awesome gym in NJ?

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2014, 05:32:10 AM »
Howard is the man.

Lived the bbing lifestyle, banged plenty of chicks, and can take a joke  8)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2014, 05:32:53 AM »
Any pics of the new house Howard?

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2014, 07:35:26 AM »
Dream house, Dream job, working out and a hot thick wife. What's not to like?

Galvatron

• Getbig III
  • I have contacts in Washington
« Reply #66 on: November 28, 2014, 08:25:15 AM »
Thanks for sharing your story with us Howard.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2014, 06:27:41 AM »
Howard is the man.

Lived the bbing lifestyle, banged plenty of chicks, and can take a joke  8)

hey , if you can't take a joke, you'll never really enjoy being on a BB forum ;D

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: December 01, 2014, 06:31:41 AM »
Thanks for sharing your story with us Howard.
Thanks  but I sincerely wish others would do the same.
There has to be plenty of guys like me who started out poor and ended up ok.

Ya know I figure some getbiggers actually made it out of their mom's basement apt...eventually?
Hmmm, maybe not? :o

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2014, 05:21:33 AM »
i agree,at first i thought "oh no"another getbigger bragging about something he has,but as i read it and realized it was nothing like that it was a very good and interesting read. howard is just a guy(like myself) who can laugh at himself and doesnt take himself to seriously on these boards. he keeps it simple and fun,good hearted individual who doesnt have a bad word to say about anyone,very good qualities to have in this day and age with a world full of envy,greed,jealousy,hatred ect. im glad for him and his wife,they found happiness and thats all a person can ask for these days,money without happiness is bullshit,being a muscle man without happiness is bullshit also,ive struggled alot in my life so when im happy i really enjoy it cause i know how fast things can change and put a person back in a dark state of mind where u just couldnt care less about anything and want a way out permanantly
R

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2014, 05:57:57 AM »
howard u said the key words there, TAKING BODYBUILDING TO SERIOUSLY CAN GET U DEPRESSED,i try to look at training now as something i enjoy and thats it. dont get me wrong i still struggle with the COMPETITION  thing of knowing i can throw up the 140-150lb dumbells on the flat bench cause i just want to impress a bunch of high school kids or whatever but the better sense in me doesnt do it. so i just use my usuall 85-95lbs for them and go nice and slow,at my age i have to b real careful and warm up nicely.back in the 90's and early 2000's i got so caught up in the bodybuilding world that i was outta my mind and wasnt thinking rational,everything and i mean everything revolved around bodybuilding,it was a living hell to be honest. i looked really good but i would never ever do that again,talk about a MEATHEAD TYPE,that was me all day. the great thing is i can still maintain a decent build and enjoy myself at the same time
R

whitewidow

« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2014, 06:07:58 AM »
I have faced so much adversity in my life it's almost unbelievable !Adversity makes somebody stronger! I can't imagine going through life with no problems,I see people born into money(trust fund babys) without a trouble in the world but those people are weak and don;t know shit about real life!

as far Bodybuilding or anything I have interest in I take the shit way too seriously but that's the kind of personality I have. very addictive personality and I have the means to be selfish right now. I have no wife,no kids, no job, I live like a hermit. I only train and eat and sleep! I am not 100% happy but this is better then when I was partying and fucking up my body! Money means alot to me! I learned that I am a very greedy,selfish person and will probably never change. Money dosn't really make me happy but I feel way more secure knowing I can pay bills!

I also have some Ego issues. Trying to work on some of my issues but I don't live a lie I admit I have these faults. anybody who knows me a little knows I went through a very dark period and still made it out of it and got back on track. No telling where I would be without bodybuilding

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2014, 06:12:56 AM »
I take the shit way too seriously but that's the kind of personality I have. very addictive personality and I have the means to be selfish right now. I have no wife,no kids, no job, I live like a hermit. I only train and eat and sleep! I am not 100% happy but this is better then when I was partying and fucking up my body! Money means alot to me! I learned that I am a very greedy,selfish person and will probably never change. Money dosn't really make me happy but I feel way more secure knowing I can pay bills!

I also have some Ego issues. Trying to work on some of my issues but I don't live a lie I admit I have these faults. anybody who knows me a little knows I went through a very dark period and still made it out of it and got back on track. No telling where I would be without bodybuilding

man oh man i remember those days,no kid,no wife and just training all the time. tell u one thing it was alot easier to train and diet when its like that. kid and wife changes things abit,it makes things harder in one aspect but im happy as ever as long as i keep my mental state stable and stay away from the opiates im really happy. u know what the say,once a opiate addict always a opiate addict,im just trying to keep it outta my life and be happy just with living clean
R

whitewidow

« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2014, 06:29:46 AM »
man oh man i remember those days,no kid,no wife and just training all the time. tell u one thing it was alot easier to train and diet when its like that. kid and wife changes things abit,it makes things harder in one aspect but im happy as ever as long as i keep my mental state stable and stay away from the opiates im really happy. u know what the say,once a opiate addict always a opiate addict,im just trying to keep it outta my life and be happy just with living clean

I'm 32 and no way am I getting married or having kids. Like I said I know i am a very selfish person, all bodybuilders are VERY selfish. I bet a wife and kids would be way too much for me to deal with. Like i said i have had a CRAZY life! No thanks for me! Yes I got deep into dope mainly oxycontin but also heroin and you probably can guess how i supported myself wich also makes me feel shitty these days,didn't really process it when I was doing it because I was addicted and didn't give a fuck.

I am not going to brag about how I made a lot of money and still was a addict. Yes I am not 100% clean I do still use suboxone but trying to taper down on that. As you know it does jack shit but stop your craving. Yes your right I will always be a addict. That itch never goes away! I way rather shoot steroids then oxys or heroin so all I can do is keep training and shooting juice!

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2014, 06:33:05 AM »
I'm 32 and no way am I getting married or having kids. Like I said I know i am a very selfish person, all bodybuilders are VERY selfish. I bet a wife and kids would be way too much for me to deal with. Like i said i have had a CRAZY life! No thanks for me! Yes I got deep into dope mainly oxycontin but also heroin and you probably can guess how i supported myself wich also makes me feel shitty these days,didn't really process it when I was doing it because I was addicted and didn't give a fuck.

I am not going to brag about how I made a lot of money and still was a addict. Yes I am not 100% clean I do still use suboxone but trying to taper down on that. As you know it does jack shit but stop your craving. Yes your right I will always be a addict. That itch never goes away! I way rather shoot steroids then oxys or heroin so all I can do is keep training and shooting juice!
WHITEW,,THAT COULD CHANGE I WAS 30/35 I SAID NO WAY WOULD I WANT KIDS MARRIAGE,WAS ENGAGED BROKE OFF,THEN FINALLY MARRIED AT 37  :P...3 KIDS NOW I'M 46... :o