Author Topic: I trained with Ronnie yesterday!  (Read 14996 times)

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: I trained with Ronnie yesterday!
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2006, 06:56:46 PM »
I am not surprised Ronnie is a realy good guy, very calm and relaxed , when I competed with him he was back stage helping out and being very complimentry to all , and at the banquet after wards he shouted all there free Don Pire,on ( or what ever it is , exspensive as hell I know that )

Good guy is Ronnie !!

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2006, 08:25:34 PM »
Let me get this straight...You interrupted the #1 bodybuilder in the world from doing his sets so you could use the bench you really like...That sucks...Sure Ronnie was cool but that never should happen...This guys workouts are his job...That is how he gets paid and you know that...He probably has timed rest periods between sets and if he doesn't then you being "a bodybuilder" should at the very least think that he does and not interrupt his workout..

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2006, 09:08:47 PM »
I don't think he was being intrusive Wombat.
But, if I were an elite pro I'd definitely train privately. Some like the atmosphere though.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2006, 09:26:50 AM »
Let me get this straight...You interrupted the #1 bodybuilder in the world from doing his sets so you could use the bench you really like...That sucks...Sure Ronnie was cool but that never should happen...This guys workouts are his job...That is how he gets paid and you know that...He probably has timed rest periods between sets and if he doesn't then you being "a bodybuilder" should at the very least think that he does and not interrupt his workout..

ronnie takes 5 min breaks between sets soo... i don't think he really minds!
just push some weight!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2006, 10:48:02 AM »
Back in the day you could train with anyone and everyone.  That is how I learned so much was training with guys like Franco, Louie, Boyer, Roy Callender, Bertil, Tinnerino, Dickerson, Arnold, and the others.  I mean Louie would let me do curls with him and it was great.  Franco would comeover and show me how to do bent over rows or doing dips with Roy Callendar.  They were the best inthe world at the time and the nicest guys too.  It was sureal for a 20 year old to get to do that kind of stuff.

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2006, 12:26:12 PM »
Wombat , I think you will find most pros understand that a gym is just as much All the members facility as it is much his/hers, the reason most pros dont seem to work in with any one is because the other guy is not keen on lifting all the weight on and off to do his set, everyone I know in the pro game would happily work in with Anyone in the gym , working in with some one has never ever effected my workouts one bit !!

RAT MCBAT

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2006, 07:33:16 AM »
peyton is my cousin and i have thrown the ball with him several times
who's peyton? how many rings he got?
forget what you know

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2006, 11:19:17 AM »
who's peyton? how many rings he got?

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MCat

• Getbig II
  • I'm just sayin'
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2006, 12:25:38 PM »
I didn't interrupt the guy at all Wombat.  He noticed me kinda hanging out and asked me if I would like to work in.  I have been training at that gym for 9 years, and pay for it.  Ronnie walks in their twice a year and hits it for free.  I think I have just as much right to work in with him as any other persone, especially a paying member.  And if you think Ronnie Coleman has timed rest periods, then you read too much theoretical bullshit training articles.

Dominated

dmorgan41178

• Getbig II
  • Big Big Big!!!
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2006, 09:52:41 AM »
you damn right!!! get your workout on, and if it happens to be with Ronnie, hell yeah!!!
on a side note we took Ronnie out for dinner after a show our friend promotes here in NC. He is a really nice guy and tries to accommodate everyone as much as possible. You should expect that from someone in a celebrity status. He was very cool guy for sure.
Gonna Beat Em'

Sean-DeMarco

• Getbig III
  • "A year from now, you'll wish you started today."
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2006, 08:17:26 PM »
I work out at Gold's Gym Pasadena.  (Right outside Los Angeles for those of you in different parts of the world) Ronnie Coleman was there yesterday training, because the Ironman is here in Pasadena this weekend.  I felt all weird asking to work in with him on the seat he was using, but it is the only upright seat that I like to use for overhead DB presses, becuase it is right in front of the heavy Dumbells.  After seeing me stand in the background for about 3-4 minutes, he asks if I want to work in and I excepted.  Him and his buddy, (who I did not recognize) were totally cool and encouraged me and offered me spots and shit. 
Not all that exciting I guess, but he is Ronnie and I felt cool for a while.   

...Gotta give you props for this. Being in the right place at the right time.~ 8)
~Sean-DeMarco

Wombat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2006, 09:53:29 PM »
Wombat , I think you will find most pros understand that a gym is just as much All the members facility as it is much his/hers, the reason most pros dont seem to work in with any one is because the other guy is not keen on lifting all the weight on and off to do his set, everyone I know in the pro game would happily work in with Anyone in the gym , working in with some one has never ever effected my workouts one bit !!

yeah but he said he was just hanging around...Doesn't sound like someone really into a workout if your just kinda hanging around them...Its one thing to work in and what not if that is what your doing but if your just hanging around then i don't get it but what ever no biggie...If Ronnie had one problem with anyone just coming up to him working in for the hell of it then that his business...

Wombat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2006, 10:00:06 PM »
I didn't interrupt the guy at all Wombat.  He noticed me kinda hanging out and asked me if I would like to work in.  I have been training at that gym for 9 years, and pay for it.  Ronnie walks in their twice a year and hits it for free.  I think I have just as much right to work in with him as any other persone, especially a paying member.  And if you think Ronnie Coleman has timed rest periods, then you read too much theoretical bullshit training articles.

yeah im sure he does 10 min rest periods between sets...eVeryone has an interal(rest period clock)..and the ones that don't are the ones that have been in the gym for 9 years and look the same every single year...Look if he didn't mind then its all good...I just invisioned some guy hanging around him for like 15 mins and then wanting to work in for the hell of it...Thats what i don't get...Thats all...Im not busting your balls or anything...

Lion666

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • You gotta bring it to get it!
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2006, 02:11:37 PM »
thats real cool bro, must a sureal for you while it was goin on.   :D  everything is everything and everyone is everyone.  he was cool cause he on the top of the game and hes on top of thegame cause hes cool.   ;D

CC3

• Getbig II
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2006, 10:08:51 AM »

It wasn't your workout and Ronnie didn't seem to mind.  Why do you even care?

Very cool story MCat, thanks for sharing.

Childish///AMG

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2006, 10:30:24 PM »
Glad to "Hear" that Ronnie is cool in person 8) 8)

weedoutheweak

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Kickin' it
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2006, 06:17:32 AM »
did he give you a spot on your set with the 35's?

that was pretty damn funny

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2006, 10:02:37 AM »
When Ronnie was here several years ago I got to take a piss next to him at the gym. That was awesome.  The neatest thing was it was at the same urinal

Naked4Jesus

• Getbig IV
  • You can save a IFBB Pro today by donating a kidney
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2006, 10:10:27 AM »
I work out at Gold's Gym Pasadena.  (Right outside Los Angeles for those of you in different parts of the world) Ronnie Coleman was there yesterday training, because the Ironman is here in Pasadena this weekend.  I felt all weird asking to work in with him on the seat he was using, but it is the only upright seat that I like to use for overhead DB presses, becuase it is right in front of the heavy Dumbells.  After seeing me stand in the background for about 3-4 minutes, he asks if I want to work in and I excepted.  Him and his buddy, (who I did not recognize) were totally cool and encouraged me and offered me spots and shit. 

Yeah he shared the seat with you so you got to share some ass sweat but let me ask you a question.  Do you think he would have shared his cornbread with you? 

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2006, 10:37:41 AM »
Im not Mr. O and i wouldn't share mine with no one.
bodybuildersreality.com

bigster

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2006, 08:25:42 AM »
That is very cool especially that Ronnie showed that we are one BIG bodybuilding family. I have met a few pros and they are most of the time like us mortals. One time Dexter,Dennis,Milos,Cormier and Yates where in Amsterdam to have a workout in Barrys GYM (DutchGP). I was doing hammer curls and milos was doing dumbell presses. He asked me if he could give me a tip. I was very surprised that he was so down to earth and he gave me an excellent tip and of course i thanked him for it. Most of the time the bigger the guys are the more relax.

anvil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2006, 11:06:54 AM »
You should've done a set with 25 pounders, thrown the weight on the floor, and shouted "Nuttin' but a peanut, baby!!  where dem challengers at?!"  Ronnie has a good sense of humor, he would've laughed his ass off.

Seriously, that would be cool to lift with the big man.

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2006, 01:13:49 PM »

Thats COOL AS SHIT McCat! Nice man, what an experience!  8)

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2006, 04:24:04 PM »
That is cool. 

Big props for Ron.  Show's he's not a dick head.

Slick Vic

« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2006, 06:00:25 PM »

Actually, that is pretty cool.  8)