Author Topic: People who should be fired  (Read 15185 times)

Victor VonDoom

• Getbig IV
  • ...and Doom shall control the world!
People who should be fired
« on: February 19, 2006, 01:04:45 PM »
It's time to go.

Victor VonDoom

• Getbig IV
Re: People who should be fired
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 01:51:33 PM »
“You go to war with the army you have, not with the army you might want or wish to have.”

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006, 04:08:35 PM »
HP CEO, Carly Fiorina.   Oh, wait!  They fired her already.  :)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2006, 04:12:10 PM »
Harvard President, Larry Summers.

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2006, 05:25:18 PM »
y larry summers. just cuz he said something that wasnt PC
Valhalla awaits.

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2006, 05:29:39 PM »
the top of this list should be Kofi Annon.  THe UN is a joke and corrupt as hell, whether he is complicit, whichi dont think heis, he needs to go.

His son on the other hand should bein jail for takin kickbacks from an "uncle" during the Oil for Food scandal
Valhalla awaits.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2006, 04:20:31 AM »
Congressman: Dr. Rice what was the title of that memo Richard Clarke put on your desk?
Condi:  "Bin Laden determined to strike in the United States."
Congressmen:  And what did you do about it?
Condi:  Nothing.  Terrorism was not on my radar screen.  :-[
America: :o :o :o :o  :o :o :o :o :o :o

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2006, 11:52:56 AM »
"I supported the war in Afghanistan because 3000 of our people were murdered and I thought we had a right to defend the people of the United States."  - Howard Dean

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2006, 10:46:34 AM »
I called it!  ;D

http://www.thecrimson.com/

Harvard President Says He Is Stepping Down
By ALAN FINDER and KATE ZERNIKE

Lawrence H. Summers, the president of Harvard University, said today that he would step down at the end of the academic year

Dr. Summers will likely take a yearlong sabbatical and then return to Harvard as a distinguished professor of economics and public policy, the university said in a prepared statement.

Derek Bok, who served as president of Harvard from 1971 to 1991, will serve as interim president, beginning in July and until a search for a new president is completed.

The president's decision came after several weeks of agitation by many members of the faculty of Harvard's largest school, who were upset over the resignation of their dean, William C. Kirby, late last month. Many of the professors, who are part of Harvard's Faculty of Arts and Sciences, accused Dr. Summers of having forced out Dr. Kirby. They scheduled a vote of no confidence in Dr. Summers for their next faculty meeting, on Feb. 28.

The decision to step down came from Dr. Summers after he decided that his situation had become untenable, a university official said.

After some members of the university's governing board talked in private with professors and administrators, trying to gauge the depth of the faculty's anger, the board also came to the conclusion that the relationship between the president and the faculty could not be repaired. Many of the professors who spoke with board members urged them to end the conflict by asking Dr. Summers to step down, said a professor who had talked with a board member . . .

http://nytimes.com/2006/02/21/education/21cnd-harvard.html?hp&ex=1140584400&en=746cfec911ab609f&ei=5094&partner=homepage

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2006, 05:23:23 AM »
Rumsfeld Rebuked By Retired Generals
Ex-Iraq Commander Calls for Resignation

The retired commander of key forces in Iraq called yesterday for Donald H. Rumsfeld to step down, joining several other former top military commanders who have harshly criticized the defense secretary's authoritarian style for making the military's job more difficult.

"I think we need a fresh start" at the top of the Pentagon, retired Army Maj. Gen. John Batiste, who commanded the 1st Infantry Division in Iraq in 2004-2005, said in an interview. "We need leadership up there that respects the military as they expect the military to respect them. And that leadership needs to understand teamwork."

Batiste noted that many of his peers feel the same way. "It speaks volumes that guys like me are speaking out from retirement about the leadership climate in the Department of Defense," he said earlier yesterday on CNN.

Batiste's comments resonate especially within the Army: It is widely known there that he was offered a promotion to three-star rank to return to Iraq and be the No. 2 U.S. military officer there but he declined because he no longer wished to serve under Rumsfeld. Also, before going to Iraq, he worked at the highest level of the Pentagon, serving as the senior military assistant to Paul D. Wolfowitz, then the deputy secretary of defense.

Batiste said he believes that the administration's handling of the Iraq war has violated fundamental military principles, such as unity of command and unity of effort. In other interviews, Batiste has said he thinks the violation of another military principle -- ensuring there are enough forces -- helped create the Abu Ghraib abuse scandal by putting too much responsibility on incompetent officers and undertrained troops.

His comments follow similar recent high-profile attacks on Rumsfeld by three other retired flag officers, amid indications that many of their peers feel the same way.

"We won't get fooled again," retired Marine Lt. Gen. Gregory Newbold, who held the key post of director of operations on the staff of the Joint Chiefs of Staff from 2000 to 2002, wrote in an essay in Time magazine this week. Listing a series of mistakes such as "McNamara-like micromanagement," a reference to the Vietnam War-era secretary of defense, Newbold called for "replacing Rumsfeld and many others unwilling to fundamentally change their approach" . . .

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/04/12/AR2006041201114_pf.html

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2006, 09:01:11 AM »
Six former generals have called for Rummy to be fired.  How many more will it take?

It looks like the white house strategy of putting out the attack dogs on anyone who defies them (Joe Wilson, Richard Clarke, Paul O’Neil, Kerry, McCain, John Murtha, etc.) won’t work on those generals.  :-\

I don't mind seeing the white house implode, I just wish 2300 troops didn't have to die for it.  :'(

For the sake of our servicemen and women, Rummy has to go!  Yesterday!  >:(

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2006, 10:03:25 AM »
I'm supprised Rummy hasn't resigned just to save face in history.  He'll go down as one of the biggest blunders a Sec of State ever pulled.  With allot of the top dogs resigning, esp Bush's chief of staff, now would be the time for him to save what little face he has left.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2006, 11:29:53 AM »
In some respects, it’s too late to fire him (and I don’t just mean the 2300 dead soldiers). 

If you fire him now, you will basically be admitting that he has done a poor job over the last year, or two years, or three years, and the question then becomes, why didn’t you fire him sooner?  In other words, your failure to fire him sooner shows that you (the president) don’t know what you’re doing either.  And that gets people questioning a) your competance, b) what are we doing in Iraq anyway, and c) why haven’t you caught Osama Bin Laden?

If you fire him now, you will clearly be doing so because the people you are supposed to be leading (the generals) have basically risen up against you and Rummy and exposed you as idiots.  Not a good position for a leader to be in.  :-\

If you fire him now, you will be admiting that you have been way behind the curve or out of touch because critics have called for his removal for at least a couple years now.  Why didn’t our “leader” notice the problems years ago? 

Like that Carole King song says, “It’s too late, baby, now it’s too late...”

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2006, 03:52:11 PM »
Make that seven generals.  Yesterday, Wes Clark added his voice calling for Rumsfeld to fired.  >:(

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2006, 12:05:40 PM »
It's after the fact.... but what's a little shadenfreuda among friends.  :D

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2006, 04:54:37 PM »
Sometimes you fire people and they just won't go away.  >:(

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2006, 06:33:26 PM »
What's wrong with Joe?

Good for him for running as an independent. The two party system has to go!  >:(

Victor VonDoom

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2006, 06:49:28 PM »
An axis of idiots!

Doom disapproves.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2006, 07:06:22 PM »
Speak of the devil...

Spokesman: Rice didn't 'brush off' terror warnings

JEDDAH, Saudi Arabia (CNN) -- In July 2001, then-national security adviser Condoleezza Rice did have a meeting with CIA Director George Tenet about the threat posed by al Qaeda, but the information presented to her was not new, her spokesman said Monday.

A new book by Washington Post journalist Bob Woodward says Tenet and Cofer Black, then the U.S. counterterrorism chief, demanded a snap meeting with Rice to warn her of a growing al Qaeda threat to U.S. interests and possibly the U.S. homeland. The meeting took place July 10, 2001, two months before al Qaeda suicide hijackers attacked New York and Washington, killing nearly 3,000 people.

According to Woodward's book, "State of Denial," Tenet and Black left the meeting with the sense that Rice had given them "the brush-off." And the meeting was never reported to the independent commission that investigated the attacks, Woodward writes.

Rice, now secretary of state, told reporters traveling with her Sunday that she did not remember any "so-called emergency meeting" and said any meeting records had been turned over to the 9/11 commission.

"What I am quite certain of, however, is that I would remember if I was told, as this account apparently says, that there was about to be an attack in the United States," she said. "And the idea that I would somehow have ignored that I find incomprehensible, especially given that in July when we were getting a very steady stream of quite alarmist reports of potential attacks."

But State Department spokesman Sean McCormack told reporters Monday that Rice did meet with Tenet on July 10, and the records were made available to the commission.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2006, 07:15:09 PM »
How about the whole BUSH ADMINISTRATION that was easy enough...WELL THIS POST SHOULD BE OVER NOW......

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2006, 08:24:33 PM »
How about the whole BUSH ADMINISTRATION that was easy enough...WELL THIS POST SHOULD BE OVER NOW......

bump

Speaking of Porter Goss, check out this John Stewart Daily Show clip of Goss listening to a Bush speech {lol}

"Oh, Really? bin Laden? Who?"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shl20UA5n3o
w

AVBG

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2006, 08:28:48 PM »
Chad N.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2006, 10:59:10 PM »
Six former generals have called for Rummy to be fired.  How many more will it take?

It looks like the white house strategy of putting out the attack dogs on anyone who defies them (Joe Wilson, Richard Clarke, Paul O’Neil, Kerry, McCain, John Murtha, etc.) won’t work on those generals.  :-\

I don't mind seeing the white house implode, I just wish 2300 troops didn't have to die for it.  :'(

For the sake of our servicemen and women, Rummy has to go!  Yesterday!  >:(

The problem with these guys is, and the only problem i have, is that they did not do it on active duty. Stepping down as a Divsion or higher CG bcause u believe Rummy is incompetent sends  strong message.
L

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2006, 04:35:59 AM »
Clinton said he left a comprehensive anti terror strategy...
George Tenant says he tried to warn her...
Cofer Black says he tried to warn her...
Richard Clarke says he tried to warn her...  Remember, Clarke was picked by Reagan and he served under Reagan, Bush, Clinton, and Bush II.

Condi either denies it all or says she doesn’t remember.  Now, either all those people are lying or Condi is...  >:(

Will someone please fire this fool?

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2006, 04:48:18 AM »
All retards in the world!
S