Author Topic: I just figured something out. Took 56 years!  (Read 28463 times)

Mr. MB

• Getbig III
Re: I just figured something out. Took 56 years!
« Reply #150 on: November 23, 2014, 01:29:09 PM »
I so much want to jump in here and defend the old guy (I'm an old guy). However, I can not find a single thing to defend. Just ramblings from a 'use to be' (I'm a use to be). I stopped lifting at age 72 after 60 years hoisting iron. 2 years now only 25 pushups in the morning and lots of mountain hiking. I at least look like an 'old guy' who 'use to be' a Bodybuilder.

I can tell you all about atrophy....but why bore you.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #151 on: November 23, 2014, 01:51:20 PM »
x

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #152 on: November 23, 2014, 03:17:08 PM »
Even if I said nice things about you, what the hell can you do for me anyway? Youre in Australia.

Mellow out? This coming from the guy who constantly attacks Goodrum.  ::) ::)
x2
A

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #153 on: November 23, 2014, 04:04:08 PM »
I so much want to jump in here and defend the old guy (I'm an old guy). However, I can not find a single thing to defend. Just ramblings from a 'use to be' (I'm a use to be). I stopped lifting at age 72 after 60 years hoisting iron. 2 years now only 25 pushups in the morning and lots of mountain hiking. I at least look like an 'old guy' who 'use to be' a Bodybuilder.

I can tell you all about atrophy....but why bore you.

Being about your age (70 years old), I recently resumed exercising at the gym after and extended layoff for a variety of reasons including some health issues. I use the term exercising because what I am doing is a combination of cardio and weight training using relatively low weight resistance.

For example the first day back, when I did squats, I used just the bar, focusing instead on form and going really deep. After two weeks and 6 visits to the gym, I was using 35 lb. plates on each side for my final 10 rep set. On other movements the resistance is not much different than it was when I first started lifting as a kid. This feels really good and right for my body.

It's incredible to think it took me over 50 years to come to the realization that more is not always better. Bigger is sometimes just bigger and not healthier. In the past, I've massed up to 225 lbs. much of it muscle (I prefer to believe). These days, I weigh 185 lbs with a 32" waist. I have not taken other measurements because I don't care that much about arm or leg size as long as I look decent in clothes. Amazingly, the low resistance squats seem to be helping alleviate knee pain.

Vince can hold onto his dream of growing bigger arms against all odds. These are choices we make. I wish him every success in this endeavor because it seems to be what drives and inspires him to hit the gym. Me....I'm way past wanting to look like a superhero at all costs.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #154 on: November 23, 2014, 06:01:37 PM »
Vince,

Whenever you're ready, feel free to post both a detailed explanation of your theory and also the article you published and the name of the journal under which it can be found.

This thread has gone on for long enough and we have yet to read about the theory and/or receive an article to closely examine.

"1"

Why are you hijacking this thread? I don't get why moderators have to enter discussions. I made a statement and that was that. There is no need for me to have to defend myself.

I find such interference a form of bullying. The responses in this thread indicate a level of ignorance and hostility that shouldn't be tolerated on an open forum. Sure, we all

know what to expect here but this is not a fair forum when anonymous people can defame me openly, etc.

This is not a discussion about an expert but who can detect such people. That is the only point I wanted to make. It is clear to me from the responses that there are no other experts here

in hypertrophy. A few students of hypertrophy such as Van B and Pellius which I acknowledge.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #155 on: November 23, 2014, 06:14:35 PM »
Why are you hijacking this thread? I don't get why moderators have to enter discussions. I made a statement and that was that. There is no need for me to have to defend myself.

I find such interference a form of bullying. The responses in this thread indicate a level of ignorance and hostility that shouldn't be tolerated on an open forum. Sure, we all

know what to expect here but this is not a fair forum when anonymous people can defame me openly, etc.

This is not a discussion about an expert but who can detect such people. That is the only point I wanted to make. It is clear to me from the responses that there are no other experts here

in hypertrophy. A few students of hypertrophy such as Van B and Pellius which I acknowledge.

Now this decrepit outdated geezer thinks mods shouldn't have and express opinions. ::)
Would you just get caught and arrested already! ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

avesher

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh Potato, Sleepy Time
« Reply #156 on: November 23, 2014, 06:16:55 PM »
Now this decrepit outdated geezer thinks mods shouldn't have and express opinions. ::)
Would you just get caught and arrested already! ::)

:D :D :-X

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: November 23, 2014, 06:17:54 PM »

Oh, I see...

So, after all is said and done, you still won't post up your theory in detail or even an article for us to learn from.

No problem Vince, we understand.

"1"

P.S. By the way, we have gone ahead and warned members about openly defaming you with remarks that have nothing to do with your Hypertrophy discussion. The least you can is show us a little regarding your theory.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: November 23, 2014, 06:41:12 PM »
Vince why so sensitive? This is the new age either adapt or fall off the wagon
A

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #159 on: November 23, 2014, 06:42:33 PM »
Oh, I see...

So, after all is said and done, you still won't post up your theory in detail or even an article for us to learn from.

No problem Vince, we understand.

"1"

P.S. By the way, we have gone ahead and warned members about openly defaming you with remarks that have nothing to do with your Hypertrophy discussion. The least you can is show us a little regarding your theory.

You seem to have an agenda to discredit me. First about Arnold and now my theory on hypertrophy.

Feel free to search the internet for articles on my theory.

When people behave like educated people they will get considered responses from me.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: November 23, 2014, 06:46:33 PM »
Vince is more sensitive each day what a baby sickenning part he enjoys being treated like a pansy
A

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #161 on: November 23, 2014, 06:48:03 PM »
here's a couple thoughts that may help the experts.

DOMS is an indicator of microtrauma

continually training a muscle in this state will most certainly cause it to get bigger in a hurry

this is what I gather Vince is observing.

The muscle is getting bigger but is it actually growing?

inquiring minds want to know!
"

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: November 23, 2014, 06:49:20 PM »
You seem to have an agenda to discredit me. First about Arnold and now my theory on hypertrophy.

When people behave like educated people they will get considered responses from me.

why isnt your theory working for you?
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #163 on: November 23, 2014, 06:50:50 PM »
here's a couple thoughts that may help the experts.

DOMS is an indicator of microtrauma

continually training a muscle in this state will most certainly cause it to get bigger in a hurry

this is what I gather Vince is observing.

The muscle is getting bigger but is it actually growing?

inquiring minds want to know!
possibly i used to do fullbody everyday
A

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #164 on: November 23, 2014, 06:52:11 PM »

What's your workout like these days Johnny?

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: November 23, 2014, 06:56:15 PM »

Ok, so you simply created this thread to brag then, yes?

"1"

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #166 on: November 23, 2014, 07:02:46 PM »
If you google "Vince Basile Hypertrophy" you just get a bunch of inane ramblings on message boards.

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #167 on: November 23, 2014, 07:03:37 PM »

one time my arm got stung by a wasp

I put 1 inch on my arm in a day and it got real sore

what's going on here?  how did that happen?

"

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #168 on: November 23, 2014, 07:17:11 PM »
did anybody know that as we age the bodys anti-inflammatory responses diminish?
"

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: November 23, 2014, 07:55:20 PM »

Do you really want getbiggers googling the shit out of your name, dragging up your past?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #170 on: November 23, 2014, 08:20:34 PM »
I just figured something out. It didn't take 56 years though

regarding vince basiles New Theory of Hypertrophy

his data describe a set of phenomena that refute his own conclusions;

if you send an old man to the gym and overtrain him, his muscles get bigger fast and he will be very sore.

the older fellow may be tempted to conclude that the muscle is growing but in fact what is occurring is simply severe inflammation which leads to injury.

this combination of amplified age related swelling and diminished capacity for reasoning I would call The Basile Effect

"

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #171 on: November 23, 2014, 08:23:38 PM »

You do not have a "theory" on hypertrophy, you moron.

You have a hypothesis about hypertrophy. "Theory" is the pinnacle of scientific success. You have at best a hypothesis.
X

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: November 23, 2014, 08:38:35 PM »
Oh man, super funny thread here, EPIC ball busting towards Basile, yet he responds very intelligently. No excuse to look as you do now if not injured man. Just plain fat. Sorry, but it's the truth.
?

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #173 on: November 23, 2014, 08:44:37 PM »
Oh man, super funny thread here, EPIC ball busting towards Basile, yet he responds very intelligently. No excuse to look as you do now if not injured man. Just plain fat. Sorry, but it's the truth.
"responds very intelligently"? Are you retarded? Not a lick of intelligence in his posts. Lol @ you!
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #174 on: November 23, 2014, 08:45:51 PM »
"responds very intelligently"? Are you retarded? Not a lick of intelligence in his posts. Lol @ you!

ok, he's well spoken. Can you give him that?
?