Author Topic: I just figured something out. Took 56 years!  (Read 28230 times)

Automation

• Getbig IV
Re: I just figured something out. Took 56 years!
« Reply #200 on: November 24, 2014, 01:01:54 AM »

I have a theory about this contraption: It is inferior to a dumbell when it comes to training biceps

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #201 on: November 24, 2014, 01:35:33 AM »
You don't know what you are talking about. Hope this helps.
Actually, he's dead on, science-wise. You? Not so much.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #202 on: November 24, 2014, 01:38:35 AM »
Sorry, but in the scientific world your hypothesis is not a theory.

Anecdotal evidence is one of the worst form of evidence there is. No hypothesis ever became a theory based off of anecdotal evidence.

It would be impossible to falsify your theory because you have not proven anything yet. You just have a hypothesis, which has not translated into anything remotely a theory.

What you believe and what you could prove are two totally different things. That is not how science works.

What I see is a bunch of ramblings from a creepy old man.

Word!

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #203 on: November 24, 2014, 01:43:31 AM »
I have a theory about this contraption: It is inferior to a dumbell when it comes to training biceps

But are you an expert?

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #205 on: November 24, 2014, 03:05:41 AM »
tab it to view bigger image:

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #207 on: November 24, 2014, 05:50:21 AM »
I prefer the giant rubberbands.

Resistance bands? I love them too and sometimes combine them with dumbbells (i.e. together)

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #208 on: November 24, 2014, 06:02:57 AM »
9 pages in and the "so-called" expert has yet to post his theory or article.

By the way Basile, SF1900 is absolutely right. A theory is used to explain how things work and is typically based on facts. Theories are also accepted by scientists and are generally repeatedly tested by experiments and can be used to make predictions about natural phenomena.

At best, you "probably" have a hypothesis. Hopefully, you will step down from the pedestal you built yourself and present something for us to evaluate. Realize that some of us actually have graduate degrees in different branches of science and are no strangers to research. So, we welcome your alleged theory with open arms. Also, the topic of Hypertrophy has been studied ad nauseam for hundreds of years, so at best, you're probably just regurgitating shit that was already known.

As of now, with nothing to show for all the boasting you do, you are looking like an imbecile.

"1"

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #209 on: November 24, 2014, 06:33:57 AM »

By the way Basile, SF1900 is absolutely right. A theory is used to explain how things work and is typically based on facts. Theories are also accepted by scientists and are generally repeatedly tested by experiments and can be used to make predictions about natural phenomena.

At best, you "probably" have a hypothesis. Hopefully, you will step down from the pedestal you built yourself and present something for us to evaluate. Realize that some of us actually have graduate degrees in different branches of science and are no strangers to research. So, we welcome your alleged theory with open arms. Also, the topic of Hypertrophy has been studied ad nauseam for hundreds of years, so at best, you're probably just regurgitating shit that was already known.

As of now, with nothing to show for all the boasting you do, you are looking like an imbecile.

"1"
you see the compassion part of our psych tries to collab with vince unfortunatley he doesnt use a similiar gesture . He wont change until death, alot of old people are this way
A

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #210 on: November 24, 2014, 06:35:49 AM »
you see the compassion part of our psych tries to collab with vince unfortunatley he doesnt use a similiar gesture . He wont change until death, alot of old people are this way

Vince is not even able to have an intelligent conversation about the dangers of that damn heme-iron.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #211 on: November 24, 2014, 07:29:08 AM »
Haha sf1900 is running cirkles around vince basile..vince doesnt even know what to answer him

:)

Basil is too stuck in his world of "hypertrophy" to step outside his delusions and see the bigger picture. This is what happens when youre 72 and still chasing a dream of trying to achieve big arms.  ::) ::)
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #212 on: November 24, 2014, 07:34:05 AM »
http://suppversity.blogspot.nl/2011/07/suppversity-emg-series-biceps-brachii.html

You're welcome

i always start off every exercise with scott curls. i rarely even do barbell curls. you can see how far down the list they are. i think for biceps its more important to do strict movements, instead of just throwing weight around on a barbell curl.
X

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #213 on: November 24, 2014, 08:31:07 AM »

And some of us are open to new ideas, which is why we converse with young people who have inquisitive minds and fresh imaginations.

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
  • Revenge is a dish best served ice cold
« Reply #214 on: November 24, 2014, 08:38:06 AM »

"1"
:D

and thats the nicest way to put it!

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #215 on: November 24, 2014, 09:33:19 AM »

"1"

Nice!! OMR owning Basil!
100% right on...

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #216 on: November 24, 2014, 09:46:10 AM »
I was talking to a bloke recently and he just didn't get what I had to say about getting bigger. His experience made him conclude

that he needed anabolic drugs to get bigger arms. No matter what I said he didn't change his beliefs. He needed testosterone. That made me wonder.

I am twice as old as this guy and my adult experience is probably 4 times what he has gone through.

I now believe it takes an expert in hypertrophy to recognize another expert. There you are. No wonder the lads here don't

listen to what I have to say. They disregard my experience and ability to solve problems. They literally have no clue about the science.

By the way, training for bigger size takes a lot of motivation. The kind of dedication that makes one finish an advanced post graduate degree, etc.

As you get bigger it seems to take incrementally more intense workouts. No wonder few overcome this barrier and get huge.

As long as I don't reinjure myself I am on course to exceed my previous largest measured arms. That was in 1999 and 18 in cold.

Previous to that I reached 18 3/4 pumped arms back in 1975.

Disbelievers, scoffers, and broscience authorities need not contaminate this thread with negativity.

Mike Mentzer's upper arms measured at 18 5/8" at his peak (according to him). Your arms were 1/8" larger than Mike's!  ;D

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #217 on: November 24, 2014, 01:04:03 PM »
vince basile damaged himself while applying his deranged principles

undeterred he seeks unwitting subjects for further exploration of the limits of hypertrophy
"

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #218 on: November 24, 2014, 01:57:01 PM »
why did vince photoshop his neck in the bicep machine picture  ???

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #219 on: November 24, 2014, 02:07:44 PM »
Don't be that way, Vince.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #220 on: November 24, 2014, 04:00:58 PM »
i always start off every exercise with scott curls. i rarely even do barbell curls. you can see how far down the list they are. i think for biceps its more important to do strict movements, instead of just throwing weight around on a barbell curl.

Good call, I should perform Scott curls more often. I have a saying about BB curls: "I don't do them often (they fuck with my joints), but when I do, then I perform them in the squat rack;D
I believe that a few cheat curls are fine, but throwing is for imbeciles and leads to "Branch-arms"..

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #221 on: November 24, 2014, 04:19:08 PM »

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #222 on: November 24, 2014, 04:20:25 PM »

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #223 on: November 24, 2014, 07:51:59 PM »

"1"

You don't know what you are talking about re science or hypertrophy so please spare me the insults. Shame on you as a person and moderator.

avesher

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh Potato, Sleepy Time
« Reply #224 on: November 24, 2014, 07:53:57 PM »
You don't know what you are talking about re science or hypertrophy so please spare me the insults. Shame on you as a person and moderator.

why dont you fuck off to your buddys new forum?

lets start a ban basile movement