Author Topic: Why are bodybuilder types so insecure?  (Read 3660 times)

DanM

• Getbig III
Why are bodybuilder types so insecure?
« on: November 25, 2014, 08:39:05 PM »
Seems like whenever I'm at the gym and someone is actually training hard and by that I mean not doing like fluff movements in-between talking for 10 minutes between sets they get visibly agitated to a extent, like the person actually being and living hardcore thru their own training somehow takes away from the wannabe hardcore persona they try and portray with their attire and gym bro dialogue. Anybody else notice this? I personally find it about hilarious how insecure some of these guys are and always chuckle in my head when I see them outside of the gym, knowing what they really are made of.

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
Re: Why are bodybuilder types so insecure?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 08:40:29 PM »
Sons and daughters....

6 Reps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 09:17:52 PM »
I've never read this book, but I understand it is all about this topic:

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 09:21:05 PM »
Sons and daughters....

damn, was just about to post the full quote  ;D ;D
X

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
  • Revenge is a dish best served ice cold
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 10:11:39 PM »
damn, was just about to post the full quote  ;D ;D
x2

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 10:14:48 PM »
x2

ill post it anyway lol

Girls and sons who have not been loved by their fathers seek attention once teens and adults to compensate for what they didn't have originally. Fathers either left them alone, or were distant most of the time and not encouraging them.

Some even despised them which would shape their personality and the way they they interact with others for the rest of their life.
They are extremistic in everything they do, always looking exaggeratly for attentionand have troubles adapting to society's rules, because they also have troubles defining their own identity and respecting authority and hierarchy.

Also boys who got picked on by others during childhood and adolescence -often sons without a father figure- try to compensate by lifting weights, to develop muscles and survive in ther male world. They're insecure because they're girly, childish, feminine having been raised by a single mom.
They lift obsessively hoping it will transform them into men, to compensate for their lack of influence from a father figure that was not there. Unfortunaltey they can get as big as they can it doesnt cure their insecurity and who they truly are, how they grew up being raised by a single mom. They re no as manly as other men whatever they do, and they often have a big lack of masculine presence they dont know how to balance, hence often being borderline homosexuals while trying to get their manhood back thru various manly activities (mma, cars, weight lifting etc).

They are often the ones that, in order to get respect from other males will go the steroids route to get even "bigger" attemptint to cure their insecurity , but being natural not being "enough", they still feel "too small", insecure, amongst other males. The lack of a father figure also often means they didnt have guidance to continue studies and are often working shitty manual jobs.
X

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2014, 10:15:10 PM »
Gayer than paying attention to the other guys in the gym.

SaintAnger

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2014, 10:20:18 PM »
Just read the son's and daughter blurb.

That about summed up my life.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2014, 10:25:34 PM »
Just read the son's and daughter blurb.

That about summed up my life.

While I would love to take credit for such an insight, thought provoking quote, I cannot.

Uberman graced us with that legendary quote.
X

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2014, 10:26:50 PM »
Gayer than reading things you see on the Internet.

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2014, 10:28:07 PM »
Gayer than giving credit where it's due.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2014, 11:08:48 PM »
I've never read this book, but I understand it is all about this topic:

Did this author get pushed aside by the weight stack?

big barbell

• Getbig I
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2014, 11:57:38 PM »
Seems like whenever I'm at the gym and someone is actually training hard and by that I mean not doing like fluff movements in-between talking for 10 minutes between sets they get visibly agitated to a extent, like the person actually being and living hardcore thru their own training somehow takes away from the wannabe hardcore persona they try and portray with their attire and gym bro dialogue. Anybody else notice this? I personally find it about hilarious how insecure some of these guys are and always chuckle in my head when I see them outside of the gym, knowing what they really are made of.

You sound a bit of a passive nancy!

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2014, 02:43:03 AM »
Gimmicks have that special scent don't they? Specially the british ones.

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2014, 02:53:14 AM »
While I would love to take credit for such an insight, thought provoking quote, I cannot.

Uberman graced us with that legendary quote.
SF- Remember the young guy who wanted a triceps evaluation and asked for an honest opinion on his looks?

we did and has never been seen since?

He had those tattoos with mini  coffee cups, moons, stars maybe a Capricorn ? lol

big barbell

• Getbig I
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2014, 02:55:03 AM »
Gimmicks have that special scent don't they? Specially the british ones.

Ey mate, you look to have a solid base! Have you ever put thought to training with weights?

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Bigger Stronger Fatter then you!!!!
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2014, 03:12:13 AM »
Have a guy in my gym who has gotten himself really lean and looks great. Good for him he did a great job but now he has to make sure everyone see's it and walks around the gym with his shirt off looking in the mirror flexing etc etc. I have nicknamed him Pec-a-doodle-doo and call him that when he has his shirt off.

The other day I was training a couple clients who happen to be a gay couple and he came in it was 32 degrees outside and about 55 in my gym. He does a couple sets and off comes the shirt. I just laughed but these two were really loving it every time he would flex or pop do some abs. A few mins later one of my hardcore bench guys who is in pretty damn good shape himself comes in and was like WTF to me. I just shrug and shake my head but the two gay guys smiled and said well we like it hahaha!!!

So later my guy is benching and shirtless wonder comes over to hand off to him. I holler over to my guy who is trying 405 for 6 that if he took his shirt he could bench more. So shirtless wonder flexing his abs and tells me he benched 315 of a 6 board hahaha I laughed at him and said yeah but the only people impressed are the 2 gay guys. He got mad :(

Ahhhhh Poor Pec-a-doodle-doo Hahahah!!! 

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2014, 03:52:20 AM »
everyone in this world has insecurities,dont care who it is,some hide it better than others but we all have them regardless. i started lifting weights cause i got tired of being bullied by the bigger kids,also i was alittle chubby and got tired of hearing about it.
R

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2014, 03:58:16 AM »
Have a guy in my gym who has gotten himself really lean and looks great. Good for him he did a great job but now he has to make sure everyone see's it and walks around the gym with his shirt off looking in the mirror flexing etc etc. I have nicknamed him Pec-a-doodle-doo and call him that when he has his shirt off.

The other day I was training a couple clients who happen to be a gay couple and he came in it was 32 degrees outside and about 55 in my gym. He does a couple sets and off comes the shirt. I just laughed but these two were really loving it every time he would flex or pop do some abs. A few mins later one of my hardcore bench guys who is in pretty damn good shape himself comes in and was like WTF to me. I just shrug and shake my head but the two gay guys smiled and said well we like it hahaha!!!

So later my guy is benching and shirtless wonder comes over to hand off to him. I holler over to my guy who is trying 405 for 6 that if he took his shirt he could bench more. So shirtless wonder flexing his abs and tells me he benched 315 of a 6 board hahaha I laughed at him and said yeah but the only people impressed are the 2 gay guys. He got mad :(

Ahhhhh Poor Pec-a-doodle-doo Hahahah!!! 

Hahahaha 'Pec-a-doodle-doo' and 'Shirtless Wonder'

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2014, 04:04:46 AM »
people forget to realize that outside the gym most of these guys r lost,thats why they hang in the gym all day because they feel important. if u r making money in the gym training people thats cool but just to hang out there all day is fucking weird. theres more to life than being around abunch of sweaty ass dudes talking about the latest supplements and smelling chicken and broccolli heating up in the microwave,shits just not normal
R

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2014, 04:07:17 AM »
people forget to realize that outside the gym most of these guys r lost,thats why they hang in the gym all day because they feel important. if u r making money in the gym training people thats cool but just to hang out there all day is fucking weird. theres more to life than being around abunch of sweaty ass dudes talking about the latest supplements and smelling chicken and broccolli heating up in the microwave,shits just not normal

I always wondered about those guys actually - you know, the blokes who are literally sitting by the front desk when you arrive and still there when you leave. Surely the science behind putting a potato in a microwave and pouring some tuna on top is not worthy of an hours chit chat

whitewidow

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2014, 04:16:57 AM »
because bodybuilders are perfectionist! no matter how good a bodybuilder is and how many comments they might get they always think they need some kind of improvement (a bodybuilder is never 100% happy with their physique) if they are their not real bodybuilders. (it's a fucked up mindset) but I have it myself almost kind of a dissorder of some sort partly OCD.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2014, 04:30:19 AM »
because bodybuilders are perfectionist! no matter how good a bodybuilder is and how many comments they might get they always think they need some kind of improvement (a bodybuilder is never 100% happy with their physique) if they are their not real bodybuilders. (it's a fucked up mindset) but I have it myself almost kind of a dissorder of some sort partly OCD.

me to and it can be used to help u but its a thin line and can drive u crazy if u let it. its kinda like what i was talking about the other day with guys who cant even let loose one day on thanksgiving and eat some (normal people food) and forget about bodybuilding food for 1 day,thats a fucking sickness man no matter how u slice it.if u have a contest in 1 or 2 months i understand but other than that its plain retarded.i used to b like that man,if i cheated one day and ate some cookies id be literally crying the next morning and doing 5 hrs of cardio,now i just say fuck it,if i mess up every once in awhile i just realize it aint the end of the worl and get right back on the horse and train and diet. guys can go into what i call (BODYBUILDING PSYCHOSIS) it can ruin a person and they will miss out on alot of good potential relationships/freindships ect cause people cant deal with a person whos so one sided in their thinking
R

whitewidow

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2014, 04:54:39 AM »
me to and it can be used to help u but its a thin line and can drive u crazy if u let it. its kinda like what i was talking about the other day with guys who cant even let loose one day on thanksgiving and eat some (normal people food) and forget about bodybuilding food for 1 day,thats a fucking sickness man no matter how u slice it.if u have a contest in 1 or 2 months i understand but other than that its plain retarded.i used to b like that man,if i cheated one day and ate some cookies id be literally crying the next morning and doing 5 hrs of cardio,now i just say fuck it,if i mess up every once in awhile i just realize it aint the end of the worl and get right back on the horse and train and diet. guys can go into what i call (BODYBUILDING PSYCHOSIS) it can ruin a person and they will miss out on alot of good potential relationships/freindships ect cause people cant deal with a person whos so one sided in their thinking

LOL- somebody saw me eating chicken breasts,brown rice and spinach and asked me if I was excited for thanksgiving type foods and I said I rather eat this again it's good to me and what I'm used to plus I eat so much 99% ground turkey not to excited. I don;t even compete! I did do a prep cycle just to see how lean and shredded I could get when I was 25 years old and I couldn't hit below 5% but I didn't use any diuretics and could of done more cardio and sauna plus I wasn't even using HGH but even at 5% I still had a shot at our states title. I only have hit stage conditioning twice in my life once at 20 years old and once at 25 years old.

I'm working on pulling it off and finally competing for the state title but I'm about a year away since I took a few years off to party and fuck around. I just need a good 100% legit HGH source and I think I can grab that win next year. I won't compete unless I am sure I will win.

BigNJ

• Getbig II
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2014, 05:02:53 AM »
Depends which "bodybuilders" you are talking about.

If you are talking about the ones who all their life revolves around bodybuilding then I have to say, those types are the most insecure pussies I've ever met.

You can tell those retards are the ones who stand still in clubs trying to look mean and shit, when everybody else is having a good time.

Those are the types who are literally addicted to Anabolics, because without the drugs they lose their self essence and persona.