Author Topic: Your best/coolest interactions with any pro bodybuilder.  (Read 5307 times)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Your best/coolest interactions with any pro bodybuilder.
« on: November 27, 2014, 04:15:51 PM »
I was taking a piss at a urinal in a crowded bathroom at the NPC Southeastern USA in Orlando.
Jay walks in and immediately starts joking about how the place is a full house and he really needs to piss.
One guy yells out that he's done and Jay moves in and starts to piss making a funny, aaaaaaaaaaaaah, relief sound.

I laugh and look over at Jay pissing and say ; " I hope you wash your hands before you meet any more fans after this."
Jay chuckled and quickly replied ; " I wasn't planning to, but since you asked I'll even use some hand soap with the water."

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
Re: Your best/coolest interactions with any pro bodybuilder.
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 04:17:19 PM »
I once saw some bigass bodybuilder using the stairmill.  I'm guessing he had an upcoming contest

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 04:30:35 PM »
When we have pros over to guestpose i usually look after them, all but the germans (wolf, ruhl, rockell) were a great laugh

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 04:33:53 PM »
I once had the pleasure of exchanging private messages with Roger Bacon.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2014, 04:45:37 PM »
Met Mike Quinn at the NoC in '90 or so.  We had a mutual friend who went to high school with him.  Super cool dude.   :D

I was going to say hello to Nicole Bass but she was too intimidating.  :-[

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2014, 04:54:47 PM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2014, 04:59:17 PM »
this one pro went on a murder spree after promising to hospitalize me, but decided to go to a nail salon instead.   whew, was i relieved.  anyway, he seemed cool, hasn't been on the scene for a while, and still remembered as owning the best garden hose biceps ever not attached to ronnie coleman.  

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2014, 05:16:53 PM »
I competed last weekend and the guest poser was Steve Kuclo. Hands down the nicest pro to talk to. We must have chatted for 20mins about all kinds of stuff, not bodybuilding related. The guy is really nice and seemed genuinely interested in what I had to say.
Jay was nice too, but we only talked for about 5 seconds because it was just a store appearance.
Freeman was an interesting guy to talk to, but he could only keep a conversation about bodybuilding...

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Bigger Stronger Fatter then you!!!!
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2014, 05:17:48 PM »
I was taking a piss at a urinal in a crowded bathroom at the NPC Southeastern USA in Orlando.
Jay walks in and immediately starts joking about how the place is a full house and he really needs to piss.
One guy yells out that he's done and Jay moves in and starts to piss making a funny, aaaaaaaaaaaaah, relief sound.

I laugh and look over at Jay pissing and say ; " I hope you wash your hands before you meet any more fans after this."
Jay chuckled and quickly replied ; " I wasn't planning to, but since you asked I'll even use some hand soap with the water."

Better then telling him how HUGE he looked while you both stood there :)

J. Richards

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2014, 06:38:44 PM »
Routinely threw in sets with Ray McNeil while we were stationed at Camp Pendleton.  Nice guy, strong as hell... till Sally ended it all....   :-\

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2014, 06:42:57 PM »
I spent an evening with Toney Freeman (no homo) and I think we talked about everything except bodybuilding. He loves Amsterdam.
Zack Khan was like one of the lads, so was Baddell. Suprisingly ruhl was an ignoramous

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2014, 07:20:21 PM »
I spent an evening with Toney Freeman (no homo) and I think we talked about everything except bodybuilding. He loves Amsterdam.
Zack Khan was like one of the lads, so was Baddell. Suprisingly ruhl was an ignoramous
haha weird, I talked to Freeman and all he talked about was the Olympia and how he's gearing up to start dieting for it soon. Only talked bodybuilding, but was very nice and courteous.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2014, 08:10:10 PM »
Was great friends with Mike Matarazzo, still great friends with Ed Corney... there are a lot more but I can't think of anything special other than the fact that they are human and friendly and they interact well with others.

During contest prep it's always safe just to give the Pro's some distance and help them maintain their privacy when others approach them... I guess... hell, I don't know. Comes from working in a gym with them every day I guess?

Yanin

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2014, 08:44:07 PM »
Do women count? Once was in a club and say my boy making out with a smoking hot chick, later told me he needed a wingman for her friend. Turned out to be a chick I rather not say but is well known. Turns out she was pretty drunk. Long story short I ended up pounding that poon deep into couch at her friends house..no condom to boot..

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2014, 08:51:42 PM »
Do women count? Once was in a club and say my boy making out with a smoking hot chick, later told me he needed a wingman for her friend. Turned out to be a chick I rather not say but is well known. Turns out she was pretty drunk. Long story short I ended up pounding that poon deep into couch at her friends house..no condom to boot..

Fail.

?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2014, 10:18:23 PM »
Howard, did you offer your wife to Jay?
X

io856

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2014, 10:35:32 PM »
Phil Heath

Very laid back sort of guy in person
Seemed to answer silly questions professionally
Personable

So god damn thick he looks fat from the side in t shirt and jeans lol

juicemachine

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2014, 10:39:42 PM »
Phil Heath

Very laid back sort of guy in person
Seemed to answer silly questions professionally
Personable

So god damn thick he looks fat from the side in t shirt and jeans lol
Thick midsection means you are fat.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2014, 03:45:21 AM »
went to a night club with alexander fedorov back in 2006 when he was staying in jersey and training for the month before a show,really humble guy.the bouncers where looking at him saying HOLY SHIT THATS A BIG guy,alex made them look like little kids when he walked by them.
R

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
  • Repent of Soy liberalism.
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2014, 04:53:14 AM »
I got to chat and train legs with Gary Strydom, together with a good friend of mine and training partner (Andrew Hudson) here in South Africa (Andrew later got his IFBB pro card) Gary is genuinely such a cool funny guy. Has lots of interesting views on life and blazes his own trail. Successful outside of BBing too.

We waited for an hour for Gary to pitch up at the gym he is always late lol But Man! he trains HARD & INTENSE!! He was massive and weighed close to 300 pounds - all we did was leg press for 2+ hours straight - set after set..1 plate a side for 10 reps > 2 plates a side for 20 reps > 3p for 30> 4p for 40 etc...Gary finished with 10 plates for 80 reps! It was brutal I could hardly walk   :-X that night I had insomnia my body was a wreck   :o

The next day Gary had a seminar & guest posing at the same gym.  he said to Andrew and myself he was so wired that night too he couldn't sleep either, and  he wanted to give us a shout to going out clubbing!  :D

Mitch

• Getbig V
  • Team Succulent Ham of Peace
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2014, 04:58:19 AM »
I managed to have a pic of Lou for only $19.99  8)

Best moment ever. So much win.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2014, 05:06:22 AM »
When TA introduced me to GetBig
~

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2014, 07:22:52 AM »
Many years ago Rich Gaspari was at my gym giving some sort of seminar (I did not attend). After the seminar I was in the gym training legs, Gaspari comes over to me and says he needs the rack. I told him to beat it.

Met Mike Matarazzo at a small dinner party around 2002. Very little was said about bodybuilding, we talked baseball most of the evening...seemed like a really good dude.

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2014, 07:31:05 AM »
Many years ago Rich Gaspari was at my gym giving some sort of seminar (I did not attend). After the seminar I was in the gym training legs, Gaspari comes over to me and says he needs the rack. I told him to beat it.

Met Mike Matarazzo at a small dinner party around 2002. Very little was said about bodybuilding, we talked baseball most of the evening...seemed like a really good dude.
I've never met Gaspari but from conversations I've had with people that have, and some videos I've seen where he collabs with others, he seems like a real dick.

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
  • That'll do pig, that'll do
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2014, 07:35:26 AM »
I once met former mr France, back in 08 I believe. He said I was taller than Arnold. Trained in his gym while on vacation in Nice, France. He gave me some tips on how to activate the back while doing lat-pulls. Said I had potential for bodybuild, made me feel good, even if it was bs.
Met Calvin Harris the same day, he was playing at the Palais. I fucked a really hot Norwegian.

It was a good day.